Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: [Pokemon World: Unova 2] Return of the Frozen Ruler - IC Thread

A Chance of Rain - Cont.

Haruka

Who's that Pokemon!?

Your Pokedex chimes as the bulbous Pokemon is identified.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Budew - The Bud Pokemon

Sensitive to changing temperatures, the bud blooms when it's warm, releasing toxic pollen.

Akira

With Morgana on his shoulder, Akira walks along with the group, not really showing much interest in the Pokémon that he sees about their travel. He does take a moment to turn to Sonia and ask her something that he's been curious about. "Say Sonia, I didn't get much chance to ask you but what are you looking for in particular?" Akira will listen to her response intently. Morgana jumps in Akira’s bag when the drizzle becomes heavier.
    Sonia's gaze seems distant as she stares up into the canopy but quickly snaps back to reality upon hearing your question. Her brow furrows slightly as she tilts her head. "Uh... I don't think I'm picking up what you're putting down. Would ya mind running that by me again? Your question was a bit vague.

They say two trainers are better than one... (Haruka and Akira)

Quote Originally Posted by Akira
    Eventually he does notice the bird and worms, and walks over to inspect them, seeing the girl he still believes he was a jerk to lament over her fear of birds. "Doesn't look like it'll give them up without a fight..... Not really my style but could see where one member is. You grab the worm you want and I'll distract the bird if that works for you." Whatever Haruka's response, Akira grabs a ball from his belt and calls out the Shinx from last night. "Ok Queen, zap that bird."
    An electric current races out from the Shinx and connects with the avian assailant! It looses a loud cry as it plummets from the air but manages to steady itself just before hitting the ground, quickly turning to identify it's attacker. The beating of its wings appear to be a bit more erratic.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruka
    Haruka was startled the moment someone mentioned the bird and immediately went to combat it. Haruka releases Aqua, and stands ready to instruct her pokemon, as well as throw a pokeball!
    Perhaps startled by the surprise attack initiated by Akira, Haruka's Pokeball goes wide eventually landing in the grass near the foot of the tree. Sensing an opportunity to elude their assailant both worms emerge from the hollows within the tree and slowly begin their ascent upwards.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Queen - 15
    Haruka - 11
    Akira, Bird - 10
    Aqua - 6
    Worm 1, Worm 2 - 5

Taking a Walk (Party)

Some time passes as the group continues along the trail that winds through the woods. As the terrain becomes a bit more uneven, the surrounding trees become more scarce, and the rain transitions to a faint drizzle once again. Eventually you all find yourselves entering a large clearing at the foot of a small cliff. Upon entering the glade your attention is immediately drawn to the sound of a massive slumbering quadruped clad in shaggy brown fur and huge ringed horns protruding from it's head.

Spoiler: Perception 7
    Show
    Should you divert your attention from the sleeping beast you eventually notice that your group isn't alone within the glade. What appears to be a lone man sits still atop of the cliff formation that overlooks the surrounding area, the sleeping pokemon, and most notably, you.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2020-01-23 at 12:24 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212

AssassinGuy

To Sonia and Adrian
    Akira listens to the response from Sonia and figures he was a bit vague. Sorry for that. What I meant was what kind of Pokémon are you looking for or even what are you looking for out of this journey?" He listens intently to her response.

Akira smiles as Adrian tells him about the tattoos and coming from Lentamis. "Ah Lentamis? Can't say that I've been there but it would be interesting to go and see. Bit of a weird answer but originally I came from Ecruteak City back in Johto. My Unlce and I moved to Striaton City early in life and I've been there ever since. Met my friend Ryuu there and he had a similar situation moving there early. Some years later, I found Morgana here and nursed her back to health from an injury." Morgana looks up and meows in response. "Mow!" Purring follows suite.

Worm Tree and a Bird!

Akira smirks as Queen hit her mark easy. "Alright Queen, looks like we gotta hit it again!" Queen's fur crackles as she sends another bolt into the bird, shocking it once more.

Spoiler: Rolls, OOC, Mechanics:
    Show

Akira issues Agility Orders!
    Queen EVA +2! 3/2/4

Queen uses an Electric Type Struggle!
    To Hit: 1d20+1 16
    Damage: 22 Elec v Def

3. - Top - End - #213
    Barbarian in the Playground

Haruka peered the worms trying to get away and rummaged around in her bag for another ball. She was intent on catching at least one of them! She hurled it with a bit of a curve, the ball sailing through the air towards one of the worms!

11 - Haruka (Trainer Lv. 1) throws a Basic Ball at a Worm
    Pokeball, Go!: 6 [AC4]
    Capture Roll: 94

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Vincent eyes the big buffalo warily, glancing at the man overhead. He peers more closely at the buffalo-pokemon, trying to discern if it looks well fed and cared for - anything that would indicate it isn't a wild pokemon. During this examination he also looks carefully for signs of injury, disease, or age, anything that would explain the absence of any herd.

When he spies Adrian attempting to sneak up on the beast, he'll hiss to those still nearby "What is he doing!?"

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/whatnot
    Show

gm called perception: 13

Boosted Perception to examine the Boufalant: 18

Last edited by big teej; 2020-01-26 at 12:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Akira

"There's not much to see unless you like dirt and rocks."

Forest Opening

Adrian takes note of the man and approaches awe struck by the new pokemon. His hand out stretched, he attempts to pet the beast.

6. - Top - End - #216

NinjaGuy

[Pokemon World: Unova 2] Return of the Frozen Ruler

>CONTINUE
    NEW GAME
    OPTION
    PLAYERS - TAIGA & VINCENT
    BADGES - 0
    POKEDEX - 8
    TIME - DAY 2 [MORNING], SPRING
    The show goes on!

Drizzle continues to fall from the sky creating a soft static that echoes throughout the glade as the Spring rain makes contact with the surrounding canopy. The shaggy beast slumbers peacefully out in the open, seemingly undisturbed by the light downpour as the man perched at the top of the cliff overlooking the glade sits in silence, unmoving.

Spoiler: Vincent
    Show
    The Bouffalant before you appears to be in excellent condition despite it's age, which is made readily apparent by the graying hairs of its curly mane and the numerous scars etched across its face and horns. While this species of Pokemon are renown throughout the region for their size and strength, this particular specimen strikes you as unusually large.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2023-10-27 at 06:23 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Load Game Data:

"There's an old American saying, maybe you have something similar in Kanto." Vincent says quietly to Taiga, his eyes drifting from the Bouffalant to the man the college-kid-turned-circuit-trainer is willing to assume is it's trainer.

"'Beware the old man in a profession where men die young.'"

The young mage points at the Bouffalant "That is an exceptionally large, old, and battle-proven specimen. I think we should pay common courtesy to the gentlemen up on the cliffs, that likely owns the beast, and move along."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Taiga looks between the old man on the cliff and the Bouffalant. Vincent’s words bring back memories from her training with Sugiyama-sensei.

“Old warriors do not get old by accident,” she mutters from under her hood. “I agree with you Sharpe-san. We should keep going.”

9. - Top - End - #219

NinjaGuy

As you opt to move on beyond the glade towards Floccesy you hear a voice call out through the static just before you reenter the tree line.

"Leaving so soon?!"

The man slowly rises to his feet then takes a step forward so that he stands at the edge of the clifftop. "The two of you are trainers, yes? Are you headed to Floccesy Town by any chance?"

Even from this distance you can make out the fiery reddish-orange hue of the mans hair and what appear to be several basic poke balls lining the front of the poncho he wears.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2023-10-30 at 04:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Complications:

Vincent raises a hand to cover his eyes, shielding them from the rain as he looks up at the old trainer. "Correct on both counts, sir. Are you you looking for a certain set of travelers?"

Without taking his eyes off the man, he whispers to Taiga. "He looks strong, I'm surprised you didn't wanna arm wrestle him or something."

Spoiler: OOC/Mechanics/Whatnot
    Show

is it "Raining" or is it just raining?

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Taiga rolls her eyes at Vincent, even though Mugen chirps in agreement with the other trainer.

“What’s your name?” she calls up at the man. “I’m Taiga Igarashi,” she says with a proud tone. She bumps her traveling partner’s elbow with her own. “This is Vincent Sharpe.”

12. - Top - End - #222

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent
    Vincent raises a hand to cover his eyes, shielding them from the rain as he looks up at the old trainer. "Correct on both counts, sir. Are you you looking for a certain set of travelers?"
    "I am indeed! I've been waiting for the last of the trainers who've departed from Aspertia yesterday to pass through here," the older man answers.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    The weather appears to be a normal spring downpour.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiga
    Taiga rolls her eyes at Vincent, even though Mugen chirps in agreement with the other trainer.

“What’s your name?” she calls up at the man. “I’m Taiga Igarashi,” she says with a proud tone. She bumps her traveling partner’s elbow with her own. “This is Vincent Sharpe.”
    "My name is Alder!" he replies proudly before throwing himself over the edge of the cliff. Alder falls several feet until he finally makes contact with the cliffs rocky surface once more, using the soles of his sandals and an outstretched hand to slow his descent as he slides down it's uneven face. The daredevil leaps from cliff once he's halfway down its slope and lands in the damp grass of the glade, rolling to dissipate the force generated from the fall.

Alder slowly rises to his feet once again and shakes the elements from his person before crossing the grass to meet the two of you on the outskirts of the glade.

"I'm..." He starts, though seems to consider his next words carefully before continuing. "A Pokémon Trainer with a keen interest in our world. One of my goals in this life is to share how wonderful it is to walk toward the future together with Pokémon with as many people as I can."

Spoiler: General Edu. (Vincent - 5, Taiga - 15)
    Show
    The large stature, sun-kissed skin, and fiery mane of hair quickly give away the true identity of the older man standing before you. This self-proclaimed "Pokémon Trainer" is none other than Alder, Champion of the Unova League.

"Taiga. Vincent." The veteran nods his head at each trainer. "It's a pleasure to meet both of you," he says with a broad smile as he offers his weathered hand in greeting. "If the two of you intend to speak with Floccey's Unova League representative then look no further!"

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

There are Random Encounters, and then there are Random Encounters:

A little unsure of himself, the situation, and this old man. Vincent peers at him more closely, trying to gauge his true intentions. His concentration is soon broken by the Old Man Leaping. Off. A. Cliff.

The academic mage's jaw drops as the man glissades and tumbles down the rock face and lands in front of them.

Is this what Circuit Trainers are like?! Vincent thinks, stunned at the display. He turns his head to look at Taiga for a brief moment before back to the old man.

Maybe she's more cut out for this than I thought.

Vincent clears his throat and takes the veteran trainer's hand. "Yes Sir, that's us, and that's what we're about. I appreciate you saving us a walk." Vincent put on his 'please the teacher' voice and face, unsure how to interact with this... man of the wilds.

Show

General Knowledge: 4.....
    Aura Reading just works, Copied for convenience: this character can see and read the Aura of other living beings. Aura conveys two pieces of information. First, it’s hue or color reveals something about the personality of the target. The hue may change over time if an individual undergoes significant changes in personality or worldview. Second, the aura may appear brighter or darker at times, brightened auras indicate good moods and intentions, whereas darkened auras can reflect a sour mood or deceptive or negative intentions.

Attempting that ye olde Teacher Charm: 9! ha!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Taiga watches the man’s athletic display with a wide smile.

She bows her head and then takes the man’s offered hand in a firm handshake. “We were told to come find you— that’s there’s supposed to be some sort of test?”

Excitement begins to build in her. Their first real test, exactly what she’d been looking forward to.

OOC: not rolling because Taiga can’t make the roll anyway on 2d6

15. - Top - End - #225

NinjaGuy

Vincent clears his throat and takes the veteran trainer's hand. "Yes Sir, that's us, and that's what we're about. I appreciate you saving us a walk." Vincent put on his 'please the teacher' voice and face, unsure how to interact with this... man of the wilds.
    Alder lets out a hearty laugh as he shakes Vincent's armored hand. "Don't thank me just yet young man! Floccesy is still a morning's walk away."

He turns Vincent's right hand over onto his own so that the back of the gauntlet faces skyward. "Forgive an old man for his ignorance, but what exactly is it that you're wearing?" The older trainer asks with seemingly genuine curiosity.

Spoiler: Aura Reading
    Show
    A fiery orange aura emanates from Alder, dancing around his figure like a gentle flame. The fire glows bright and you can almost feel the warmth radiating from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiga
    She bows her head and then takes the man's offered hand in a firm handshake. “We were told to come find you— that’s there’s supposed to be some sort of test?”
    Alder's grip is firm though it's clear that he's making an effort not to exert too much pressure on your much smaller hand. "A test?" He smiles at Taiga's words. "One could certainly interpret it that way."

The older trainer kneels so that he can get a better look at the fledgling Pokémon standing beside Taiga. "Your Torchic is a fine-looking Pokémon." Alder nods in approval before continuing, "But I can tell that it's not exactly a seasoned combatant yet, nor are the two of you as trainers..."

"It has been decided!" Alder exclaims as he returns to his feet once more. "I'll shall train the two of you personally along with the others from who've traveled from Aspertia! Follow me!" The veteran enters the treeline without another word. The slumbering Bouffalant slowly rises and attempts to shake the morning rain from it's shaggy hide before following in it's trainers wake.

OOC: Roll for PokeSpotting!

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Shugyo! Shugyo! Shugyo!

Vincent's face flushes slightly, despite himself. He tugs at the gauntlet, adjusting it for a more comfortable fit after the handshake.

He considers the man, and his answer for a moment. Well, he probably can't throw me out of the league over it, and he seems earnest enough...

"It's... It's an embarrassingly crude, but functional prototype. It channels energy."

Vincent makes a grasping motion with his hand and a flickering orb of purple and blue energy appears in his palm, tongues of colorless flame trail up from between his fingers. Vincent raises his hand and clenches his fist, bringing it forward in a jabbing motion with two fingers extended. The strange energy coruscates around his gauntlet before pelting out in the direction of his point, fading out several dozen yards into the sky, safely away from the trio of trainers.

"How many others are there? What kind of training? Do you need to inspect our whole rosters?" Vincent can't help but fall back into old habits now that the man has more explicitly defined himself as their tutor, for however brief a time.

Show

Orokos still seems to be a nope.
    Witness me dice - 18 on Arcane Struggle to show off.
    poke-spotting - Novice Perception, not boosting. 10

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Mugen fluffs up under the man’s praise, then deflates a little as Alder suggests that he has little experience.

Taiga pats his head and scoops the bird up before depositing him on her shoulder. “That’s what we’re here for. To train. To get better,” she tells the Torchic.

She watches with interest at Vincent’s display. Okay, that was… kinda cool.

When Alder charges off into the treeline, Taiga feels a rush of adrenaline flow through her. This guy seemed like he knew what he was doing, and he wanted to train them? It was exactly what she had been longing for since that stupid bus ride over here. She quickens her pace to keep up with the two men and the buffalo as they enter the trees.

OOC: Pokespotting (using Mystic Senses— Boosted): 14
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2023-11-11 at 02:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228

NinjaGuy

Shugyo

"It's... It's an embarrassingly crude, but functional prototype. It channels energy."
    "A prototype you say? I've never seen anything like it." The older man admits as he uses a free hand to rub his stubble covered chin.

Vincent makes a grasping motion with his hand and a flickering orb of purple and blue energy appears in his palm, tongues of colorless flame trail up from between his fingers. Vincent raises his hand and clenches his fist, bringing it forward in a jabbing motion with two fingers extended. The strange energy coruscates around his gauntlet before pelting out in the direction of his point, fading out several dozen yards into the sky, safely away from the trio of trainers.
    "Most impressive! That was quite the display of power." Alder exclaims.

"How I wish Shauntal were here to see this. I would send her a digital recording however I seem to be... incompatible with most forms of technology." The veteran looses a hearty laugh.

. . .

The forest is silent in the aftermath of the morning rain save for squelches produced by the Bouffalant plodding behind it's trainer.

"How many others are there? What kind of training? Do you need to inspect our whole rosters?" Vincent can't help but fall back into old habits now that the man has more explicitly defined himself as their tutor, for however brief a time.
    "I can see the two of you are quite eager to begin your training. Youth is a wonderful thing is it not?" Alder says as he looks back over his shoulder smiling at the two of you. "I assure you that the answers to those questions will be made clear in due time. As for now, try focusing on the present and enjoying this experience with the Pokémon that walk beside you." Alder slows his pace to match that of his Bouffalant and continues on in silence though his expression and demeanor remain warm and inviting.

Spoiler: PokeSpotting 5
    Show
    Less than half an hour passes as before you spot the first signs of life beginning to stir once more within the forest. As you pass under a large, low-hanging branch, that stretches out above you, you spot a small yellow worm-like creature wrapped in leaves happily nibbling on the damp green foliage of tree. A second insect inches it's way towards the first, it's magenta carapace undulates with each movement, yellow eyes set on the oblivious caterpillar.

Spoiler: PokeSpotting 7
    Show
    A small gray and white colored bird flitters about from branch to branch in the canopy above, clearly interested in the pair of insects on the unprotected branch. It draws closer to the overhang though seems a bit unsure of itself as it approaches.

Spoiler: PokeSpotting 10
    Show
    After the first Pokémon sighting your walk through the woods remains relatively uneventful for the next hour until you spot a pair of green ears poke out from the underbrush accompanied by a faint buzzing a little ways off of the path. Following the ears and buzzing eventually leads you to a larger tree within the forest and reveals the beasts that they belong to, a small rotund bipedal mammal with shaggy green fur that appears to be following a lone Combee toward the tree. As you draw near the tree the buzzing intensifies and you can see the Combee rejoin what looks like a massive vibrating honeycomb. The biped, enchanted by the buzzing, begins to work it's way up the trunk of the tree climbing inch by inch until it it's finally able to pull itself up onto a branch that extends directly beneath the honeycomb. The Pokémon salivates as it pulls itself towards the vibrating structure.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2023-11-21 at 03:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Roster Padding:

OOC: Having conferred with my fellow trainer, Vincent will be going after the 'magenta worm' (Venipede?) and the 'green eared rotund biped' (???)

Vs. Bug

"I'd like to pad my roster a little more before we reach Floccesy" Vincent announces, his eyes trained the bugs and their insecure guest.

He works the chain that holds his roster through his fingers, thinking carefully about who of his limited options is the most optimal choice.

The young mage pulls a ball from it's socket and waits for his moment. Electricity faintly crackles around his gauntlet. He takes a deep breath, let's it out slowly and acts.

He lobs a pokeball up into the branches with the predator and prey bugs and points a finger of his other hand at the bird, discharging the bolt of electricity up at the avian menace.

"Nacirema, wrap up that purple one!" Vincent orders, confident that the leafy bug will either flee or be easily dealt with next.

The collegiate mage frowns, watching Nacirema slither towards the magenta worm, but tighten it's coils on the branch, hesitating to attack the bug.

Probably the first time it's been told not to kill something... an alien experience I'm sure...

Show

Vincent sends out Nacirema [Move Action]
    Vincent used Thundershock on Pidove?
    to hit: 19!
    Wild Pokemon was Paralyzed!
    Damage: 25 Electric Damage vs. Special Defense!

Nacirema is speed 10, Nacirema acts immediately!
    Nacirema attempts to grapple the magenta worm!
    BUT IT MISSED

Vs. Mystery Monster

Vincent looses Ares as they emerge into the clearing, following the pokemon following the combee home. "I've got an idea buddy."

Vincent takes a knee next to his first pokemon and scratches him vigorously behind the ears. The growlithe's tongue lolls out of his mouth and he doesn't seem attentive to any of his master's scheming.

"I want you to dash right at that hive and scare 'em all off, then we'll catch that green... thing." Vincent glances at the shaggy pokemon again.

"After we'll all have a sweet snack, sound good?"

Ares pants happily.

"Sic 'em!" Vincent hisses.

Ares' eyes snap open and the dog sprints into the clearing and unleashes an oversized roar at the tree.

Show

Ares used Roar! (Cone4) directed at the Combee tree, angled in a manner to not include the mystery green-eared pokemon
    to hit: 15 vs. AC3
    Damage: 8 +5? (I don't remember if focused training applies to this)

Vincent readies a pokeball.

20. - Top - End - #230

NinjaGuy

Bug Eat Bug?

"I'd like to pad my roster a little more before we reach Floccesy" Vincent announces, his eyes trained the bugs and their insecure guest.
    "Certainly." Alder replies with a knowing nod. The older trainer extends a hand in front of the lumbering quadruped signaling for his Bouffalant to stop. "It's only natural for a wild Pokémon to catch a trainer's eye."

The young mage pulls a ball from it's socket and waits for his moment. Electricity faintly crackles around his gauntlet. He takes a deep breath, let's it out slowly and acts.

He lobs a pokeball up into the branches with the predator and prey bugs and points a finger of his other hand at the bird, discharging the bolt of electricity up at the avian menace.

"Nacirema, wrap up that purple one!" Vincent orders, confident that the leafy bug will either flee or be easily dealt with next.

The collegiate mage frowns, watching Nacirema slither towards the magenta worm, but tighten it's coils on the branch, hesitating to attack the bug.
    The tiny starling shrieks in a combination of surprise and pain as electricity suddenly courses through it's body. As it begins to flitter about in a panicked state it's made obvious that the beating of it's wings is unsteady. The magenta insect scuttles around the bottom of the branch and pivots it's body so that it's yellow eyes are fixed on it's would be assailant, it's two antennae now standing at attention. The starlings cry is enough to startle the feasting caterpillar who begins to inch further along the branch in an attempt to find an escape route.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Surprise Round:
    Wild Starly suffered massive damage!
    Wild Starly was Paralyzed by the Attack!

Initiative:
    Nacirema - 10
    Venipede - 9
    Vincent - 6
    Starly - 5
    Sewaddle - 4

Wild Sewaddle attempts to flee!

Nacirema has initiative!

The Bear and the Bees

"I want you to dash right at that hive and scare 'em all off, then we'll catch that green... thing." Vincent glances at the shaggy pokemon again.

"After we'll all have a sweet snack, sound good?"

Ares pants happily.

"Sic 'em!" Vincent hisses.

Ares' eyes snap open and the dog sprints into the clearing and unleashes an oversized roar at the tree.
    Ares' roar echoes throughout the small clearing causing the massive honeycomb to vibrate wildly before splitting into swarm of several Combee who retreat from the disturbance. This sudden movement reveals a large hourglass figure hidden within their formation, though it's details are obscured by the of bugs that frantically buzz around it. The hungry Munchlax looks on in disbelief as it watches it's breakfast fly away. It extends a stubby arm in a futile attempt to grab one of the Combee but they buzz about well outside of it's reach. The Munchlax lets itself slump onto the branch as it groans in defeat. The swarm of Combee continue to buzz about as they circle the shrouded figure, seemingly unwilling to stray too far from it and begin to fly in a tighter formation.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Surprise Round:
    Combee Swarm immediately shifts 4 hexes away!
    ??? is revealed!
    ??? immediately shifts 5 hexes away!

Initiative:
    Combee Swarm - 14
    ??? - 7
    Vincent - 6
    Ares - 4
    Munchlax - 3

The Combee Swarm holds it's action!
    ??? uses Defend Order!
    The Combee Swarm comes off of hold and moves to surround ???!

Vincent and Ares have initiative!

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Bug Battle:

"Nacirema, I need you to wrap up that bug before it hurts you!" Vincent calls encouragingly to his snake.

The massive purple serpent hisses and holds up it's rattle menacingly at the venipede, but isn't able to find traction and trap the bug in it's coils.

Show

Vincent issues Focused Orders, Nacirema Accuracy +2
    Nacirema used Grapple on Venipede!
    grapple attempt, Mark II: 1.....
    but it missed!

A Bigger Net:

Well that... wasn't quite what I expected. Vincent looks at the agitated swarm in chagrin.

"Ares, go after what we came for, sic that fatty!" Vincent points at the despairing munchlax, reading another pokeball.

Ares darts over, jaws open, and clamps down on the rotund pokemon, shaking his head side to side, growling.

Vincent rises from his crouch and lobs a pokeball at the munchlax.

Show

Ares used bite!
    9 to hit vs. AC 3
    Damage: 27 Dark Damage vs. Defense & 5 Bonus Damage!

Vincent threw a pokeball!
    to hit: 13 vs. AC 4 + speed evasion
    Capture Roll: 23