New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Pbp psa

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Pbp psa

About a year and a half ago, Myth-weavers suffered a major database error, and lost 4-8 months of character sheet data. This destroyed many recent character sheets entirely, lost data for other active character sheets, and killed a bunch of PBP games.

Download your character sheets every few months as a backup. Print to PDF is easy.
    If you're a DM, do the same for your players every level so that YOU can restart the game if something happens again.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pbp psa

I mean, this isn't just an issue for Pbp games. Any game that uses MW suffered.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm, sounds like it really should be advice about backing up all your digital data regularly.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Hmm, sounds like it really should be advice about backing up all your digital data regularly.
    It's more like advice about how digital data stored anywhere other than your personal physical memory is at risk, especially when it's not in particularly secure locations. The cloud is no substitute for a hard drive.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.