New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW for Pathfinder Thread VI: Return of the Red Die

Q323

Where is it spelled out that your Rogue level counts as your Ninja level for the Ninja Trick talent?

Or are tricks that depend on levels, such as Shadow Clone and Forgotten Trick, unusable for Rogues?

2. - Top - End - #812
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TotallyNotEvil View Post
    Q323

Where is it spelled out that your Rogue level counts as your Ninja level for the Ninja Trick talent?

Or are tricks that depend on levels, such as Shadow Clone and Forgotten Trick, unusable for Rogues?
    A323: It's not spelled out because it doesn't need to be. Rogue Talents scale by Rogue level. You have taken a Rogue Talent called Ninja Trick.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 324: If a player is the target of scrying and they pass the save, do they know they were being the target of a scrying spell and as a result see the senor that the scrying person is using?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by killem2 View Post
    Q 324: If a player is the target of scrying and they pass the save, do they know they were being the target of a scrying spell and as a result see the senor that the scrying person is using?
    A324: Someone always knows if they've passed a saving throw, but get no further insight into the nature of the effect they've resisted.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Rules (Succeeding on a Saving Throw)

A creature that successfully saves against a spell that has no obvious physical effects feels a hostile force or a tingle, but cannot deduce the exact nature of the attack. Likewise, if a creature’s saving throw succeeds against a targeted spell, you sense that the spell has failed. You do not sense when creatures succeed on saves against effect and area spells.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2021-11-19 at 12:06 AM.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q325 Is there a way to have an aquatic creature gain the ability to breath air, lower level the better and at will if possible

6. - Top - End - #816
    Ettin in the Playground

A 325 Air Breathing does exactly what you want, though it's the same level as Water Breathing at 3rd.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

7. - Top - End - #817
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Q 326 : Is there any way to change the duration of a normal spell to "concentration" that doesn't already have that feature?
    Last edited by Horonpar; 2021-12-15 at 04:05 AM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Spamalot in the Playground

A326: There is a third-party metamagic feat called Concentration Spell from Kobold Press that does something like this. I'm not aware of any first-party ways. (There are first-party ways to do the reverse however, turn a concentration spell into a duration spell by having something else concentrate on it for you for example.)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

9. - Top - End - #819
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Q327 Is there an item that grants *share spells* similar to a summoner with his eidolon for non summoners?

10. - Top - End - #820

RangerGuy

Q328

Robe of Arcane Heritage and Amulet of the Blooded, do they stack or only one applies? Same goes for Champion's Banner and Vambraces of the Tactician. I searched for rules for stacking items for effective level but found nothing.
    But the strong man is stronger when alone.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ettin in the Playground

A 238 The Amulet specifically has a clause that says it doesn't stack with other level boosting effects but other examples don't seem to.
    They're untyped bonuses, so by RAW they stack otherwise. RAMS, I probably would follow the Amulet's lead and just use the highest level boost but talk to your GM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

12. - Top - End - #822

Q 329 Assume a character is under the effect of greater invisibility. The enemy has truesight or some other means allowing them to see or sense invisible creatures. Can the character use the benefit of Eldritch Assault?

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ogre in the Playground

A 329: No. At least not against the creature using True Seeing. The feat specifies that you need to attack from total concealment, not simply be under the effect of a spell that would normally grant concealment. Put another way, Greater Invisibility does not provide total concealment against a creature with True Seeing. therefore the condition that the feat requires is not met.
    Homebrewers Extended Signature Yep, no more room in my actual signature ... on the bright side though, now I have room for a cool quote!
    If I had one ...
    Custom Avatar by ShadowySilence - He's a cool guy.

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 330: If a spontaneous caster (such as an Arcanist) applies a metamagic feat (such as Still Spell) to a spell with an immediate-action casting time (such as Feather fall), does the casting time change? If so, what does it become?

15. - Top - End - #825
    Spamalot in the Playground

A330: Only standard action or longer spells have their casting time increased by metamagic in Pathfinder (CRB 113). That goes for every class, not just Arcanists. So an immediate action casting time spell will remain immediate whether a sorcerer, arcanist, or anyone else is applying metamagic to it. Same with a swift.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks!

Q 331 part A: Does adding a spell to a Witch's familiar have any cost associated with it? (I mean, other than the cost of the scroll you burn, if you go that route.) I don't see any cost, but I also don't see anything explicitly spelling out that this is a way in which Witches differ from Wizards, so I want to make sure there isn't something I'm overlooking.

Q 331 part B: When using the Mirror Witch archetype, how are spells added to the mirror? Obviously, the mirror can't drink a concoction brewed from the ashes of a burned scroll. Do you just do some other, unspecified thing that also destroys the scroll, and somehow adds it to your mirror? Can you set two mirrors up facing each other, and have them trade spells in the same way two familiars can?

Q 331 part C: Is the mirror compatible with familiars? I mean can the mirror teach a spell to a familiar? And can a familiar teach a spell to a mirror? Or does the familiar just think reflection in the mirror is another animal of its kind, and get really confused as it tries to teach a spell to itself?

17. - Top - End - #827
    Dwarf in the Playground

Q 332
    My bard took an archetype that traded out versatile performance, are there any ways to pick it back up at later levels?

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ettin in the Playground

A 332 Multiclass into Skald, Cavalier of the Order of the Songbird, Ashavic Dancer, or Sphere Singer are the most straight forward ways to get Versatile Performance.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

19. - Top - End - #829
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Q 333 does pathfinder’s path of war have a equivalent to the Iron Heart discipline, specifically Iron Heart Surge? I’m potentially playing in a 3.P hybrid game soon and mixing PoW and ToB will possibly be disallowed. Also what’s the PF equivalent of the Mettle class feature, the one that’s evasions but for the other two saves.
    Native Sha'ir enthusiast. NO GENIE WARLOCK DOESNT COUNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky McDibben View Post
    I am unburdened of my salt, and I rise like a bland-ass potato chip from the ashes of my discontent.
    Rate my homebrew: https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=323

20. - Top - End - #830

Quote Originally Posted by Jervis View Post
    Q 333 does pathfinder’s path of war have a equivalent to the Iron Heart discipline, specifically Iron Heart Surge? I’m potentially playing in a 3.P hybrid game soon and mixing PoW and ToB will possibly be disallowed. Also what’s the PF equivalent of the Mettle class feature, the one that’s evasions but for the other two saves.
    A 333 The Temporal Body Adjustment counter maneuver from the Riven Hourglass discipline might be what you're looking for if you want an Iron Heart Surge effect. Riven Hourglass is a nice discipline overall.

As for Mettle, the Inquisitor gets the equivalent ability, called Stalwart, at lv11. You can also find Stalwart in class archetypes, namely Unbreakable Fighter and Oath of the Skyseeker Paladin.

If 3pp is on the table (since you mentioned PoW), there's also a Stalwart Magus arcana from Rite Publishing, and possibly other sources.
    Last edited by Chaos Jackal; 2022-01-08 at 03:51 AM.

21. - Top - End - #831

Q 334 Can I modify a spell with an ability like Maximized Magic before I put it into a spell storing armor or weapon?

22. - Top - End - #832
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 335: Is there any way, using only Pathfinder material, for a Cleric to have an alignment two steps away from his deity, but still use all his class features? In 3.5 it could be done with Heretic of the Faith, but what about without 3.5 material?

23. - Top - End - #833
    Troll in the Playground

A 334

You cast the spell into the item, so yes.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

24. - Top - End - #834
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Jackal View Post
    Q 334 Can I modify a spell with an ability like Maximized Magic before I put it into a spell storing armor or weapon?
    A334: As long as you can reduce the spell to level 3 or lower, and are a Prepared caster (as Spont casters up the action to full round with Metamagic, making it ineligible).

25. - Top - End - #835
    Ogre in the Playground

Q336 If you have spider climb, can you hang upside down to cast burning hands?
    Path of the Nefarious: A Way of the Wicked Journal.
    Please take a look at the adventures of my group going through Fire Mountain Games's Way of the Wicked, An evil based Pathfinder Compatible adventure path.
    http://d20evil.blogspot.com/

26. - Top - End - #836
    Ettin in the Playground

A 336 No, you have to use your hands to climb or cling to walls or ceiling while spider climbing. They aren't free for holding items or casting spells.
    However, as long as you're using 2 hands to hold on, if you have a 3rd limb (like an Ifrit Alchemist with a tentacle or vestigial arm) or have Still Spell, you could Burn some hands from the ceiling.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

27. - Top - End - #837
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

A 336 Contention Yes you can, you only need your hands free to "traverse" floors or ceilings i.e. to move across them. This does mean no 5 ft steps without free hands.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Q 337 Is there any way to add alignment descriptors to spells in pathfinder like 3.5’s aligned spellcaster? Specifically i’m looking for a way to apply to it two classes (aligned spellcaster in 3.5 arguable worked for all spells but that’s besides the point.)

Edit: I know there are some metamagic feats that apply to some spells but are there any ways that don’t increase spell slot level
    Last edited by Jervis; 2022-01-24 at 03:54 PM.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Q338
    What is the proper resolution for a monstrous spider's web attack?

For instance, the stat blocks say something like "Special Attack web (+5 ranged, DC 12, hp 2)"
    - as written, this seems to go against regular AC, but shouldn't it go against Touch AC?
    - How exactly does it work; does the player roll his Reflex save the instant the attack hits, or only when their turn comes, or both?

I'm just a bit confused bc the attack seems to require both an attack roll and a saving throw.
    Let me give you a brief rundown of an average Post-3E Era fight: You attack an enemy and start kicking his shins. He then starts kicking your shins, then you take it in turns kicking until one of you falls over. It basically comes down to who started the battle with the biggest boot, and the only strategy involved is realizing when things have gone tits up and legging it.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

A 338 Web is in the Universal Monster Rules but essentially it works like a net, so you are targeting touch AC with the listed attack bonus. The DC is to escape or burst the web with an Escape Artist or Strength check. The hp is how much damage it takes if you walk into sheet of webbing and you need to cut or burn your way out again.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!