New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1186
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Simple RAW for Pathfinder Thread VI: Return of the Red Die

Q427

Does a reincarnated druid "many lives" effect give the druid negative levels?

2. - Top - End - #1052

A427: Yes. Many Lives allows the druid to reincarnate "as the spell", so all the effects of the spell apply unless specified otherwise.
    My True Neutral Handbook, a resource for creating and playing TN characters.

Check out my extended signature and the "Gitp regulars as..." that I've been honored with!

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Q428

Kineticist Wild Talent Elemental Exile is very vaguely worded, with a couple of "implied but not stateds."

You transport a single creature you touch to the plane associated with your element.
    Okay. WHICH element? Your primary? Your secondary? Any element you know?

And for Aether/Void/Wood... What is the plane for that element? It's not terribly clear.

Edit: For the record, d0c_robotnik on reddit supplied me an answer to the first question.

A428:

Occult Origins has your answer.

Aetherkinesis draws upon connections with the Ethereal Plane. Void kinesis draws upon the negative energy plane. Wood kinesis draws upon the First World.

Q429

Elemental Grip:

You use your element to halt a creature associated with your element, as hold monster except it requires concentration to maintain, and it works only on creatures with a subtype matching one of your elements
    Looking at the bestiary, I do not see the Void or Wood subtype; am I correct in thinking this make this wil talent not applicable to void or wood element, since there are no creatures that meet the criterion?
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2023-07-29 at 08:11 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Ettin in the Playground

A 428 It's universal, so choose an element you know. It's no different from if you had kinetic cover as any combination of the eligible elements, so if you were water/wood, you could have water or wood barriers. Your choice of elements determines what you have access to.

A 429 You're right, there isn't a void or wood type for Elemental Grip to work on, so RAW it's a bad choice for those types. Void does have access to Undead Grip, so they have an equivalent, but wood is just out.
    Speculation but Elemental Grip from a Wood Kineticist probably should work on dryads and treants, among others, but that'd be something to discuss with your GM.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Q430:

Can locate object work on a specific item, if that specific item has been view in great detail from artwork, bas relief, and murals?

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchnorris View Post
    Q430:

Can locate object work on a specific item, if that specific item has been view in great detail from artwork, bas relief, and murals?
    A430: This is an example where even the RAW is nebulous, and this will mostly be a GM call, because the answer is "If the artwork is accurate and representative enough of the real object to allow you to make a clear enough mental picture".

7. - Top - End - #1057

Q431 how does draconic malice saving throw nominally work? It's an enchantment you cast on yourself, so you're given an opportunity to resist the spell you are casting on yourself? The way it's worded doesn't imply at all that other creatures affected get the saving throw, so why is that (harmless) saving throw there?

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

A431: Covered by the general rules on Harmless spells.

(harmless)

The spell is usually beneficial, not harmful, but a targeted creature can attempt a saving throw if it desires.
    In the circumstance that someone else is able to cast this on you and you don't want them to, you can save.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Q432

PF psionics Tactician's colelctive ability sayss:

If a member of the collective dies, the member is removed from the collective and the tactician must make a Fortitude save (DC 15) or lose 1 power point for every Hit Die of the fallen member or be sickened for an equal number of rounds.
    Does the tactician choose which one? Should that be "and lose?" It's not clear even what the intention is (as in most cases, the Sickened option would seem to be superior.)

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Q432

PF psionics Tactician's colelctive ability sayss:

Does the tactician choose which one? Should that be "and lose?" It's not clear even what the intention is (as in most cases, the Sickened option would seem to be superior.)
    A432: Every version of the ability says "or be sickened for an equal number of rounds". I am guessing the intent was that if you cannot pay the Power Point cost, you are instead Sickened for that number of rounds. It is worded poorly and ambiguously to the point that RAW is difficult to determine.

There are (former?) Dreamscarred Press members who are regulars on these boards as I recall, so it might be worth making a whole thread and hoping they respond.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Q433

Friend magus is delivering a shocking grasp via spellstrike, but misses, thus the spell is not discharged.

I try applying the bless equipment feat on his weapon.

Will shocking grasp discharge against me?

I guess, similarly, character A is concentrating on a shocking grasp (or other melee touch attack) he failed to discharge, if he's "touched" for delivery-related reasons, does shocking grasp discharge? if it's a cure X wounds he's receiving? if it's a melee touch attack an enemy is delivering?
    Last edited by ciopo; 2023-08-04 at 06:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ettin in the Playground

A 433 Touch spells don't discharge because of other creatures touching you, only as long as you keep concentrating on it and your number of discharges aren't expended, or the duration doesn't expire if it's not instantaneous.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Titan in the Playground

Q434

Control Winds (in both 3.5 and PF1) says "Each round on your turn, a creature in the wind must make a Fortitude save or suffer the effect of being in the windy area." Does this means the penalties on attacks, fly/ listen Perception checks and being checked/blown away from the wind strength? It seems slightly odd that these effects mandate a saving throw when the wind is actually being raised to those strengths. But if this is not the case, I don't see exactly what it is the saving throw is to avoid. (Especially as all the effects actually listed in Control Winds (like damage to buildings etc) do not, in fact appear in the listed section of at least the Pathfinder rules on winds and weather.)

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

A 434 Looking at the wind tables in 3.0 and 3.5 DMG, the Fort save is for resisting being checked, knocked down, blown away, or sucked into a tornado. PF changed the wind rules to be a Strength or Fly check instead of a Fort save for those effects and didn't update Control Winds, whose description has remained the same since 3.0, as far as I can tell.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Q435

I don't understand how the second part of Molthuni Defender works. "The Molthuni defender adds half his armor training bonus on combat maneuver checks for the selected maneuver." But Molthuni Defender replaces Armor Training. How then, do you have an "armor training bonus?" What is the magnitude of your "armor training bonus," given that you have no Armor Training class feature?

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

A435 It should read "half his armored defense" bonus (which, conveniently, is the exact same bonus he would have received from armor training).
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 436

For magic items, including potions: "Regardless of the time needed for construction, a caster can create no more than one magic item per day."

For Druidic Herbalism: "This acts like the Brew Potion feat, but only for spells on the druid spell list."

Does that mean Druidic Herbalism only allows the creation of one herbal concoction per day? Or does the language "A druid can create a number of free herbal concoctions per day equal to her Wisdom modifier." override that? If it overrides the 1/day limit, does that leave the number of herbal concoctions created per day uncapped? Or does the Druid's Wisdom modifier become the new cap?

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Barbarian in the Playground

A 436

The bonus concoctions per day are the exception to the rule, after creating them, any further concoction would be crafted as a regular magic item.

So the maximum number of brews in a day is equal to wisdom modifier + 1, as long as the total crafting time doesn´t exceed 8 hours, as that is the longest you can craft magic items in a day.

This limits this ability to crafting multiple potions per day only of level 1 spells, as any potion with a cost above 250 gp has a crafting time of 8 hours - at least until the 7th level where you get the "all concoctions take 1 minute to create" upgrade.
    Hector Morris Ashburnum-Whit - Curse of the Crimson Throne - IC / OoC
    Bosek of Kuru - A Falling Star - IC / OoC
    Gifu Lavoi - Heritage of Kings - IC / OoC

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 437:

On a mounted charge, am I the one who’s considered to be charging? Or is my mount the one who’s considered to be charging? For purposes of the restriction “you must move to the closest space from which you can attack the opponent,” is it the closest space from which I can attack the opponent? Or is it the closest space from which my mount can attack the opponent?
    Last edited by Maat Mons; 2023-08-26 at 09:12 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

A 437
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Rulebook, Mounted Combat
    If your mount charges, you also take the AC penalty associated with a charge. If you make an attack at the end of the charge, you receive the bonus gained from the charge.
    As noted above, your mount is charging, so they have the restrictions and requirements, so position according to your mount.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Barbarian in the Playground

A 437 FAQ corollary

per the FAQ: https://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9ru6

Both you and your mount charge in unison. A very strict RAW reading of that means that a rider with 10 foot reach and a mount with 5 foot reach cannot legally declare a charge in unison, as the "closest square to end your movement" is different for each of them.
    Hector Morris Ashburnum-Whit - Curse of the Crimson Throne - IC / OoC
    Bosek of Kuru - A Falling Star - IC / OoC
    Gifu Lavoi - Heritage of Kings - IC / OoC

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrMartin View Post
    A 437 FAQ corollary

per the FAQ: https://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9ru6

Both you and your mount charge in unison. A very strict RAW reading of that means that a rider with 10 foot reach and a mount with 5 foot reach cannot legally declare a charge in unison, as the "closest square to end your movement" is different for each of them.
    Another case of an FAQ that never got integrated with the text despite saying they would, as my 6th printing CRB, the pdf of the Core Rulebook I just downloaded from Paizo, and the Archives of Nethys all don't reflect that text change.

I would contend you're sharing every space of your mount, so you choose what square you're attacking from, so you absolutely can engineer a legal charge position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Rulebook, Mounted Combat
    For simplicity, assume that you share your mount’s space during combat.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Q438:
    Does the increase to your movement speed granted by the Fleet feat count as "Modifying" your base movement speed?

So for example would a creature with 30ft natural movement and two "Fleet" feats count as having a swim speed of 30 or 40 when taking a level in Tidal Trickster rogue ?

It feels like an obvious answer, but the feat doesn't bring up this increase as a modification or anything of the sort, so I'm not sure.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

A 438

Yes, it modifies your base speed by increasing it.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

Q 439:

If a Kineticist takes the Elemental Whispers wild talent and chooses Raven, Parrot, or Thrush, does it gain the ability to speak a language?

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

A 439 Yes.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

Q 440:

Re: Rediect Poison slayer talent:

Redirect Poison (Ex): The slayer can divert poisoned attacks against him. When a creature unsuccessfully attacks the slayer with a poisoned weapon or a natural weapon that would poison him, the slayer can attempt to redirect the attack to a creature within his reach (including, possibly, the creature that unsuccessfully attacked the slayer). As an immediate action, the slayer can make an attack roll against the creature to which he would redirect the poison. On a success, the poison is redirected to the target, and the target must attempt a saving throw against the poison as normal. This attack only redirects the poison and does not otherwise damage the targeted creature. This ability cannot affect a creature that attacked the slayer with a poisoned natural weapon, but it can affect a creature that attacked him with a poisoned manufactured weapon.
    Either both of the bolded sections cannot be true, or it the not-terribly-good wording means that a creature using a natural weapon with poison cannot be affected by the poison of their own weapon (it which case the slayer simply would avoid the poison).

I assume the latter, but it is not very clear; can anyone confirm?

(I half-remember, but cannot find, a citation that creatures with poison attacks are immune to their own poisons whcih would support this, but maybe I'm thinking of a general rule for special attacks?)

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Titan in the Playground

A440: It's bizarrely worded, but not technically contradictory. What it reads as to me is that Redirect Poison does not (for some reason?) allow you to redirect the attack from, for example, a Catfolk who has used Blue Whinnis poison on their claw natural attacks. However, it DOES allow you to redirect the natural weapon attacks of a naturally venomous creature, like a snake.

This is...nonsensical, but it does appear to be the RAW here.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Re: 440

It is saying that you can't redirect a poisoned natural weapon back onto the attacker, but the ability allows you to redirect a poisoned attack to any creature within your reach. So in that case, it only works if there is a third creature to redirect onto.
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Q441
    (I hope the question is simple enough for this thread...)

Is there a way to play a Deathless / Spirit character? I mean kind of a non-evil undead, and from early levels on. Is there some kind of race or template that does the trick?
    Let me give you a brief rundown of an average Post-3E Era fight: You attack an enemy and start kicking his shins. He then starts kicking your shins, then you take it in turns kicking until one of you falls over. It basically comes down to who started the battle with the biggest boot, and the only strategy involved is realizing when things have gone tits up and legging it.