Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

If anything it's an argument that Solomon should have gotten off his ass and left his kingdom to others so he can concentrate on training to be more than a blip for the Red God. He was so busy being the benevolent dictator that he had to rely on pact with the other demiurges as a deterrence for Jagganoth, a pact that he should have realized was worthless as the six of them are hardly up to the task given that they have been play acting being kings and despots rather than understanding that the war continues and only one of them has been getting stronger.
    Kind of a logical flaw that they let jaggs build up a power imbalance for like the last thousand years.
    Its equally a logical flaw to assume that they had a choice in preventing Jagganoth from building up.
    Or that doing any more pushups would have helped Solomon. Its much more likely that he had reached the peak of of what was possible for him to achive.
    And as we also saw. He had his hands full acting as a mediator among the other demi-urges.

Incubus seems to specialize in the mental-scape, so while Alison could become powerful enough to take down any of the demimuges in a fight, her mind might not be so well protected. It could even be related to how he took Maya's place
    I think Rydiro got it right. He is just spiteful. I dont think he actually ever beat Maya in a direct fight.
    Thats why the other demi-urges dont respect him. I find it more likely Maya just quit one day.
    Incubus was then around to pick up the pieces.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #782
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

To be fair I'm not sure what SD was supposed to do, from the sounds of it the Demiurges where in a massive war where Jab wasn't overly powerful. Jab then gets given a tool that makes him literally invincible and powers him up from the supposedly dead leader of the angels. The Demiurges unite against him so Jab decides it's not worth the the risk they might be able to seal him and agrees to peace. Everyone tries to increase the power of their team in various ways. For SD he only sees the power of the individual so seeks the most powerful to serve under him and someone to surpass him. (Which considering how top heavy combat power is in this universe isnt a bad method.)

At least that's my understanding of the timeline from just the Comic and words under it from my memory.

Looks like we're going to get to see SD show off his full power only for it to have not effect on the invincible Jab for effect though.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    To be fair I'm not sure what SD was supposed to do, from the sounds of it the Demiurges where in a massive war where Jab wasn't overly powerful. Jab then gets given a tool that makes him literally invincible and powers him up from the supposedly dead leader of the angels. The Demiurges unite against him so Jab decides it's not worth the the risk they might be able to seal him and agrees to peace. Everyone tries to increase the power of their team in various ways. For SD he only sees the power of the individual so seeks the most powerful to serve under him and someone to surpass him. (Which considering how top heavy combat power is in this universe isnt a bad method.)

At least that's my understanding of the timeline from just the Comic and words under it from my memory.

Looks like we're going to get to see SD show off his full power only for it to have not effect on the invincible Jab for effect though.
    This comment has made me realise the likely plot arc/point of the final book. Apologies if this was already obvious to others!

The overall message of KSBD is of strength through genuine unity. Thatís what Allisonís role is: sheís not a demiurge seizing all that power for herself, instead she is going to be called on to share it among her friends and allies. She has certainly been tempted down that path, but now in the final book she will meet that potential. United we stand.

By contrast, the demiurges are not united. Over the coming pages we will see them attempt to fight Jag, and fail because they each see themselves as standing alone and above all others. Divided we fall.

So the demiurges will be defeated here, some will die, others retreat. Then Allison and co will have to gather their strength, maybe aided by surviving demiurges. Then together they will defeat Jag. End story.
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post
    Divided we fall.

So the demiurges will be defeated here, some will die, others retreat. Then Allison and co will have to gather their strength, maybe aided by surviving demiurges. Then together they will defeat Jag. End story.
    The author has said that Jagganoth is a lot more interesting and complicated than just an omnicidal elephant cosplayer. Both Jagganoth and, er, Juggernaut seem to want to break a cycle of some sort, but in a manner that's really not very well-defined just yet. I suspect that you're right about there being a message of strength through unity, but the ultimate goal Allison will need to help people unite to accomplish will actually be closer to what Jagganoth is going for, just presumably accomplished through a means other than killing everyone. For all Jagganoth's power, we'll find that he's actually helplessly outclassed by the process or entity he's struggling against, and the kill-everyone plan is essentially a fallback. Allison will need to persuade him to not struggle alone at his still extraordinarily-difficult task, but instead convince him that the golden approach that doesn't involve murdering everyone is possible if he works together.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Thales View Post
    The author has said that Jagganoth is a lot more interesting and complicated than just an omnicidal elephant cosplayer. Both Jagganoth and, er, Juggernaut seem to want to break a cycle of some sort, but in a manner that's really not very well-defined just yet. I suspect that you're right about there being a message of strength through unity, but the ultimate goal Allison will need to help people unite to accomplish will actually be closer to what Jagganoth is going for, just presumably accomplished through a means other than killing everyone. For all Jagganoth's power, we'll find that he's actually helplessly outclassed by the process or entity he's struggling against, and the kill-everyone plan is essentially a fallback. Allison will need to persuade him to not struggle alone at his still extraordinarily-difficult task, but instead convince him that the golden approach that doesn't involve murdering everyone is possible if he works together.
    The author stated jagganoth wants to kill everyone, because he never knew love. So he genuinely thinks all existence is suffering.
    So all Allison has to do is do a lot of lovin' the giant elephant guy.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

You got the timeline a tiny bit mixed up.
    The 7 remaining demi-urges agreed to a peace where they divided creation equally among themselves.
    And swore an blood oath to come to the aid of anyone who got attacked by one of the other, to ensure the peace would last.
    Jaggernoth got his power upgrade afterwards.

And the 7 then instead began to focus their attention on conquering their share of reality.
    (or well, Jaggernoth began a mix of extermination and war preparation).

Though i dont know where the idea of SD only seeing the power of the individual comes from. He is the one with the most well ordered empire.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar