New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 42 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning threads

Kill Six Billion Demons is a webcomic written and illustrated by Tom Parkinson-Morgan, also known as Abbadon.

The comic can be found here

There are two tumblrs associated with the comic:

Artwork
    Words of God

The story can be summarized as "God Is Dead. Far beyond Earth, The Multiverse is in chaos as criminals rule and callous kings maintain a fragile peace. One day, a mysterious and bloody figure appears to a barista named Allison Wanda Ruth, and bestows her with an Ancient Artifact known as the Key of Kings. In the process, Allison finds herself suddenly transported to the final resting place of the gods in the exact center of the multiverse, the red city of Throne. Allison must now travel through Throne and the 777,777 universes of creation to save her kidnapped boyfriend and stop the plans of the stone angels, masked demons and mad god-kings that want her Key for themselves."

Previous Conquests:

KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS: Beginnings are false and I am a consummate liar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Eugh. Gotta say, I’m not liking that CamelCase. Oh well. /sub
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Kill6BillionDemons - kind of unreadable, no? Alsotheendingismissing inthereplies titles.

Is King David building Allison's boyfriend to be her arch-enemy? Could be interesting. From what her friends said he sounds like bad news and I think a druggist.If I were in her shoes I forget about him.
    Last edited by guttering flame; 2018-10-25 at 11:39 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by guttering flame View Post
    From what her friends said he sounds like bad news and I think a druggist.If I were in her shoes I forget about him.
    Except he didn't drug her and he seemed to respect her boundaries and explicitly asked and waited for consent.

Sure, her friends don't like him and she probably doesn't even like him all that much (she was more concerned about losing her virginity than who it was with) but "the main character doesn't love him" and "the main character's friends don't like him" don't automatically make Zaid a bad guy.

He would make a pretty cool arch-enemy, though. He also makes an alright damsel-in-distress, so I can't decide which I would rather have him be.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2018-10-25 at 12:44 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Except he didn't drug her and he seemed to respect her boundaries and explicitly asked and waited for consent.

Sure, her friends don't like him and she probably doesn't even like him all that much (she was more concerned about losing her virginity than who it was with) but "the main character doesn't love him" and "the main character's friends don't like him" don't automatically make Zaid a bad guy.

He would make a pretty cool arch-enemy, though. He also makes an alright damsel-in-distress, so I can't decide which I would rather have him be.
    It's worth pointing out that, by my recollection, the page where he offers to stop has changed slightly over time. In the original version, he still did it, but he had a sort of skeevy, knowing expression on his face as he looked away from her (so she couldn't see it), which made him seem a bit manipulative. In the current version he looks a bit frustrated and unsure himself.

(I mean that expression alone didn't make him a horrible person or anything, but my impression was that he definitely came off as a somewhat more skeevy guy in the original than in the redraw.)

I definitely don't know where they're getting the idea that he drugged her from, though. And the fact that I'm analyzing slight details of his expression as he says stuff to try and infer things about his portrayal shows just how little we know about him either way.

6. - Top - End - #6

Default Re: Kill6BD II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    It's worth pointing out that, by my recollection, the page where he offers to stop has changed slightly over time. In the original version, he still did it, but he had a sort of skeevy, knowing expression on his face as he looked away from her (so she couldn't see it), which made him seem a bit manipulative. In the current version he looks a bit frustrated and unsure himself.

(I mean that expression alone didn't make him a horrible person or anything, but my impression was that he definitely came off as a somewhat more skeevy guy in the original than in the redraw.)

I definitely don't know where they're getting the idea that he drugged her from, though. And the fact that I'm analyzing slight details of his expression as he says stuff to try and infer things about his portrayal shows just how little we know about him either way.
    I started reading in the middle of book 2, when this exchange of the first chapter had already happened, but fortunately, there is an archive in the dedicated wikia for the comic.

Title length: Can we change to "K6BD II: ...." ?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BD II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning threads

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    I started reading in the middle of book 2, when this exchange of the first chapter had already happened, but fortunately, there is an archive in the dedicated wikia for the comic.
    Thanks for the link. Color version is better. Dude looks the same amount of duche in both versions imo. He doesn't force her to sex but isn't really considerate either. Doesn't need to be a semi-rapist to be a duche. His expressions and words paint a guy that's self centered, a bad influence and a general duche. Drugs are not unlikely.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post

Honestly, I've read so many badly crowbared in romances over the years that one of my favourite tropes now is "Characters mutually and respectfully decide they are not right for each other". I'd rather that he was neither a total damsel nor an archvillain.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for the link. Color version is better. Dude looks the same amount of duche in both versions imo. He doesn't force her to sex but isn't really considerate either. Doesn't need to be a semi-rapist to be a duche. His expressions and words paint a guy that's self centered, a bad influence and a general duche. Drugs are not unlikely.
    Comparing the two, I feel that his eyes in the original make him look manipulative, while his eyes in the current one just look frustrated / annoyed / resigned.

Either way I can understand Allison's roommates viewing him as a creep, but I feel the second one makes him come off a bit better because he seems more "equal" to her, so to speak - less of an experienced playboy, more a flustered guy.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Honestly, Allison and Zaid's relationship seemed like a mutually exploitative one. They were both using each other for sex. Allison says she scheduled losing her virginity to him while Zaid came off as really pushy and not really respectful of her personal reluctance when she actually got down to doing the deed.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    - less of an experienced playboy, more a flustered guy.
    He even comes off as a possible virgin himself.
    All we know about claim that he is an experienced partner, was people telling he told that stuff everywhere.

Agreed on the mutual exploitation, too.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Could he be one of the 6 BILLION DEMONS that haunt her and she needs to destroy? I'd like their meeting to be a disappointment for both of them. Zaid is the damsel in distress in David's tower that Allison needs to rescue or so she thinks but as a damsel in distress he doesn't have much going for him. Though I don't dislike him so far in the scenes in David's world.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

He even comes off as a possible virgin himself.
    Me too on that one, I dunno why.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

New Offering

...So, Allison's been practising Head of John as well?
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandlich View Post
    Honestly, Allison and Zaid's relationship seemed like a mutually exploitative one. They were both using each other for sex. Allison says she scheduled losing her virginity to him while Zaid came off as really pushy and not really respectful of her personal reluctance when she actually got down to doing the deed.
    Yep. It seemed like she just picked a guy she knew would be available for sex and wasn't interested in an actual relationship with so that she could get rid of him without a big deal afterwards.

And Zaid, from what little we've seen of him and heard of him from others, seems like he's just kind of an *******.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Now that i think is unfair.
    So far the only thing he has really done is be unpopular with Allisons friends.
    And then be kidnapped.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

His conversations with King Solomon paint him as intelligent. His calm demeanor changed my opinion about the drugs. If he was a druggist he'd be freaking out over total drug deprivation.

18. - Top - End - #18

If he was a druggist he'd be freaking out over total drug deprivation.
    Yes, because there is no middle way. Zaid couldn't possibly be a guy who only used drugs occasionally.

And funny, Solomon looks pretty stern, but we don't really know his stance on drugs. He could be the kind of person who allows limited use of some of them.

Speaking of drugs, I think the gilded cage has earth contacts and is involved in smuggling stuff from Earth. Somehow.
    They are smoking cigarettes that look like Earth ones, their card games look familiar and there is an exit sign on the door.
    If that doesn't indicate Earth, it's a close parallel world that was only recently conquered.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, because there is no middle way. Zaid couldn't possibly be a guy who only used drugs occasionally.

And funny, Solomon looks pretty stern, but we don't really know his stance on drugs. He could be the kind of person who allows limited use of some of them.

Speaking of drugs, I think the gilded cage has earth contacts and is involved in smuggling stuff from Earth. Somehow.
    They are smoking cigarettes that look like Earth ones, their card games look familiar and there is an exit sign on the door.
    If that doesn't indicate Earth, it's a close parallel world that was only recently conquered.
    Obviously an Indian shaman consorted with a demon from the Void and learned all about smoking from it. Same goes for cards. We were never a closed system. But invading Earth and blackmailing Allicia (and Zaid maybe?) with it is a lucrative option. I wonder if the plot will go that way.

20. - Top - End - #20

That is a well trained eye ball.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

21. - Top - End - #21

New Offering

Getting stabbed in the eye may not cause permanent damage, but it still hurts like a b***, apparently.

Is King David building Allison's boyfriend to be her arch-enemy? Could be interesting. From what her friends said he sounds like bad news and I think a druggist. If I were in her shoes I forget about him.
    His conversations with King Solomon paint him as intelligent. His calm demeanor changed my opinion about the drugs. If he was a druggist he'd be freaking out over total drug deprivation.
    Last edited by rooster707; 2018-10-30 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Dammit, Imgur
    Show
    What this guy said.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

The descriptions from the Manual of Hands and Feet are great. Sniper Paladin Monk Knight Style is great.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

CALLED IT. Boss coming out for a fight.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rooster707 View Post
    New Offering

Getting stabbed in the eye may not cause permanent damage, but it still hurts like a b***, apparently.

By my bald pate! The druggist is not high! Inconceivable!!!

25. - Top - End - #25

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

By my bald pate! The druggist is not high! Inconceivable!!!
    Oh, oh no, my dude... A druggist is another, more old fashioned word for a pharmacist. They don't tend to operate high.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2018-10-30 at 11:44 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Oh, oh no, my dude... A druggist is another, more old fashioned word for a pharmacist.
    Inconceivable

27. - Top - End - #27

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    The descriptions from the Manual of Hands and Feet are great. Sniper Paladin Monk Knight Style is great.
    Indeed. I’m hoping we get one on Ki Rata at some point, from what’s on the tumblr it sounds pretty crazy.
    Show
    What this guy said.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

For some reason I have no level of excitement for this whole fight scene. Maybe it's because it's a demigod against mooks and we don't know the upper limit of Allison's power, but mostly I'm still not on board with Allison being a martial arts master, even if she sometimes slips up (to no consequence.) I guess it's because we already had an awesome martial artist in the cast and we don't need another to show off cool martial arts stuff. I prefer White Chain being all precise and mighty, Cio whipping out weird items and using spells, and Allison using wild and untamed power from the Key to smash through anything in her way. It's inelegant but when you have that much raw power on your hands you don't NEED to be elegant.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Colossus in the Playground

Yeah, that. I don't care about this, and Alison feels like a totally new character and we didn't see how she got there.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

30. - Top - End - #30

I won't judge new Allison till after the fight and we see some more normal interaction. Anyway pure brute force is nice but I don't think it is enough against the biggest threats.