New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

He might suspect foul play from other demiurges: Like, a super-powered agent from Incubus or a fighter instance of Gog-Agog, or an emissary from one of the other urges. I say he would suspect the others, if he didn't know about Allison; but of course, he knows she is around, so what's obvious is obvious.
    I kinda doubt how big a danger this actually are?
    Because.. i mean.. to start with its doubtful they would have such powerful agents hanging around.
    If they are powerful enough to harm SD, then they are dangerous enough to place you in risk of a backstabbing.
    And they are so insanely loyal you trust they wont backstab you, then they are to valuable to risk in the arena against SD.

Besides that. Its uncertain if the majority of them even want his kingdom.
    I think most of them have their hands full with their own realm.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Yup... that.. does bring the God back in Demi-God.
    Its likely also the most impressive display of power we have seen so far.
    Or perhaps not direct raw power. Controll. Skill.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Holder of the word fortnite
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2019-09-18 at 07:35 PM.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

I see Dave Solomon as more of a Pubg fan.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Yeah, definitely. Gog-Agog is the Fortnite player. Apex Legends? I think that might be Incubus' jam.
    Truth resists simplicity.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

You're 100% right.

Mottom is candy crush.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Colossus in the Playground

And the dragon forgot the passwords to all his accounts.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

GIANT BABY, NOOOOOOOO! I TRUSTED YOU!

Seriously, there's no way he survives this turn of events.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I’m sure Baby just wants a hug.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground

Aaaaawwwwww. She came back.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Pretty sure this Babe wouldn’t be satisfied with just a hug.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Halfling in the Playground

Well, this is going to be an interesting mess. Nothing like giving a being of pure id access to the keys of the universe.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yes.. now -this- is a insanely badass way of handling things.
    It does provide a very believeable power boost to Allison.
    And more importantly, one that feels earned.

As its mainly building up trust with her devil girlfriend.
    That unlocked the devil fusion.

edit.
    Yes. Badass Devil fusion confirmed.
    The reasoning given for why this is possible. And why its not normal, is believeable.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2019-11-17 at 11:08 AM.

14. - Top - End - #464

Hm. Think we've seen Hollows before? Preem Nand's lady minions?

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Yes those seemed pretty clear examples. They had more or less litterally been hollowed out.
    It also seems equally clear that those are just a pale shadow of a true devilskin warrior.

16. - Top - End - #466

Ooh, and another offering too, so close after the last one. I do love how Gog-Agog's friends Gog-Agog and Gog-Agog just show up when necessary for dramatic tension.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yes those seemed pretty clear examples. They had more or less litterally been hollowed out.
    It also seems equally clear that those are just a pale shadow of a true devilskin warrior.
    I dunno
    The "Hollows" described sound like they're basically passive hosts for a Devil.
    Preem's Daughters seemed a little too airheaded for Devils. Maybe that's what Pale Devils sound like when they can talk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I dunno
    The "Hollows" described sound like they're basically passive hosts for a Devil.
    Preem's Daughters seemed a little too airheaded for Devils. Maybe that's what Pale Devils sound like when they can talk?
    I feel like they are following the same basic principle; the devil is possessing the human body by placing their mask on them... Thing is though, in the case of the hollows, they hollow out the human so that its nothing more than a convenient shell for them to possess without any kind of interference so it really is JUST the devil. Cio even mentions that was she's doing is NOT normally consensual

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, that gets rid of that annoying clash of wills.
    But of course, it also removes the potential for synergi that means Allicio is going to go though this tournament like a galleon of prune juice though an unprepared digestive system..

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

New Offering!
    Where our Heroine(s) develop some out of the box thinking.
    https://killsixbilliondemons.com/

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Pretty excited for this fight. The secret text(I know there is a word for it) if u click on the page made me laugh.
    Spoiler: Spoiler
    Show
    Top 10 anime betrayals

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Wow.. that was kinda rotten.
    Picking a fight is one thing. The sneak attack entirely another one.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In all her pompous moralizing, fear of herself, and rejection of violence, White Chain has forgotten the 4th Syllable of Royalty(which she once knew)

The Fourth Syllable of Royalty: Living is an exercise of violence. Exercise of violence is the fate of living

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Ehh.. are we reading the same comic here?
    White Chain is assuming a stance from the first martial art to beat her student into submission.
    Thats not a rejection. If it was a date, then Chain would be fooling around at 3rd base with Violence

Its not violence she has a problem with. Its the assumed lack of wisdom and restraint.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Ehh.. are we reading the same comic here?
    White Chain is assuming a stance from the first martial art to beat her student into submission.
    Thats not a rejection. If it was a date, then Chain would be fooling around at 3rd base with Violence

Its not violence she has a problem with. Its the assumed lack of wisdom and restraint.
    The issue being that White Chain is a hypocrite who jumps to the most judgmental and ill-thought out conclusion possible based on the incorrect and self-defeating dharma of Metatron and 2 Michael. Using "your only talent is violence" as a negative quality (and insult) runs contrary to the Fourth Syllable because Existence is Violence and to be talented in anything is to be talented in Violence. Healers perform Violence against sickness, Peacemakers perform Violence against War. God does Violence against Themself.

Prior to Cio's arrival, Allison did recite the trigram mantra.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Violence" is a very loaded term in K6BD, being used both in terms of the common definition (Doing Harm to Others), and in a sense of exerting your own will upon others/the universe.

White Chain is an Angel, an agent of the Law. In one sense, Angels are very Violent, because they are very skilled at inflicting harm on others.
    In another sense, they are not violent, because they are agents of the Law, who (theoretically) do not act upon their own will.

A Sword is a tool of Violence, but it it not itself Violent.

White Chain, who we've been told is especially Lawful, even for an Angel, was helping Allison because she saw Allison as a tool for giving the Key to Zaid, who the angels think is the true Heir.

"Your Only Talent is Violence" here I don't think refers to Allison's abilities as an Asskicker. As we've seen, she's barely competent once you get past ordinary street thugs. Until Cio showed up to actually USE the massive power battery the Key provides, Allison wasn't much of a fighter.

What Allison IS, is incredibly willful, which, to an entity of Law like White Chain, is a problem.

Look at the whole statement "Would You Return the Key to the Rightful Heir? You whose only talent is Violence?" It's not that Allison is a brute who is only good at hurting things, it's that she's not going to obediently give up the incredible power in her brow in the name of somebody else's plan.She's either going to fail, or she's going to be another Demiurge, another mad warlord whose will can only be checked by other, equally mad warlords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

27. - Top - End - #477
    Bugbear in the Playground

Update

title text
    Spoiler
    Show
    ORA!ORA!ORA!ORA!ORA!ORA!ORA!ORA!ORA!
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

28. - Top - End - #478
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Wow. I guess I'm in the minority for thinking White Chain is in the right.

Oh well. At least the fight is looking interesting.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shogo View Post
    Wow. I guess I'm in the minority for thinking White Chain is in the right.

Oh well. At least the fight is looking interesting.
    You and me both. If Solomon David wasn't there, this thing would be a collateral damage bloodbath.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

You and me both. If Solomon David wasn't there, this thing would be a collateral damage bloodbath.
    I mean he is there and he's expected to keep the fight contained, so I don't think that complaint is entirely fair - it's reasonable for Allicio to depend on that fact.

That said, she's not wrong about Allison, sure, but she's 100% wrong that there's any reason to think giving the key to Zaid would make things better, and there's lots of reasons to think it might make things worse (starting with the fact that everyone pushing to do so is a horrible person with terrible motivations.)