New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Yeah, that. I don't care about this, and Alison feels like a totally new character and we didn't see how she got there.
    Training montages aren't really that exciting, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    I won't judge new Allison till after the fight and we see some more normal interaction. Anyway pure brute force is nice but I don't think it is enough against the biggest threats.
    Well, the biggest threats to her are the demis. And, yes, brute force won't work with them. They're probably as powerful as she is, and far older and more experienced.

Enthusiasm only goes so far.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    Maybe it's because it's a demigod against mooks and we don't know the upper limit of Allison's power
    I think this fight scene is supposed to establish the upper limit of her power?

At least, I hope it does. What I hope happens here is that, while she can apparently handle herself against the mooks (even though she makes rookie mistakes, she's powerful enough to survive through them) she'll have difficulty against their boss and have to be bailed out either by White Chain or Cio.

If this scene is supposed to establish the upper limit of her power, I'd much rather have this scene than a training montage.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

We'll see. It still feels like a jarring jump to me, is all. How should i say this... it feels as if the character I know is gone, and replaced by a vaguely similar looking one with a very different personality and skillset. I can't yet say if I like this new main character.
    I don't necessarily want to see training montage, is what I mean. But so far, I don't see much continuity between earlier Allison and this Allison. That will hopefully change when we get a few character moments.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #34

Well, this story looks like it became a martial arts movie for no reason, but I think that Abbadon wants to show how much Allison has learnt, before she gets clobbered again, by more competent adversaries.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't mind the time-jump. I assume after this second scene or maybe the one after we'll meet the gang again and learn what happened during the missing time.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    We'll see. It still feels like a jarring jump to me, is all. How should i say this... it feels as if the character I know is gone, and replaced by a vaguely similar looking one with a very different personality and skillset. I can't yet say if I like this new main character.
    I don't necessarily want to see training montage, is what I mean. But so far, I don't see much continuity between earlier Allison and this Allison. That will hopefully change when we get a few character moments.
    Keep in mind that the Allison's we've seen were:

1) Have no clue WTF is going on, scarred out of her mind
    2) Lost/Confused, and even if resolved had no real idea what she was getting into
    3) Brave and Naive
    4) Incubbused

As such - IDK, spend a year acquiring super martial arts and god powers PLUS spending a year getting IDK used to the world (the pre-time split was what, like a couple of days?) and its rythm, I can see someone becoming more assured and self-possessed.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Training montages aren't really that exciting, IMO.
    They can be fun to see. And it wouldn't have had to have been more than a single page.

Especially when it also involves a degree of character development, I feel it's worth showing.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

Wherein we see an old "friend"...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Allison looking a lot like Incubus in that last panel.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

He'd likely be very proud if he knew, vainglorious bastard that he is...

11. - Top - End - #41

Default K6BD II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning threads.

Hey, this might turn into an object lesson.

Never ever underestimate a small, wrinkled old guy. They tend to be masters of obscure martial arts.

12. - Top - End - #42

Beholder

Default Re: K6BD II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning threads.

ah, finally something to give this raid a bit more weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    Hey, this might turn into an object lesson.

Never ever underestimate a small, wrinkled old guy. They tend to be masters of obscure martial arts.
    Rule 1 - "Do not act incautiously when confronting little bald wrinkly smiling men!"
    Rule 19 - "Always remember Rule One and ask yourself, why was it created in the first place"
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

13. - Top - End - #43

Old Vash seems to have fallen on hard times.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Who is this guy again?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Who is this guy again?
    First appearance.

One of the demons who's after the Magus Gate. And Allison's appearance pretty much led to the downfall...
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    First appearance.

One of the demons who's after the Magus Gate. And Allison's appearance pretty much led to the downfall...
    He's a Servant(specifically, a Goblin), not a demon. Unless you mean "demon" in the allegorical sense that Abbadon says the comic's title refers to.
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2018-11-05 at 12:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

New Offering.

Spoiler
    Show
    B O S S F I G H T
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

huh... That's a Big'un...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

So.. a new bodyguard.
    Suposedly even tougher than an angel?
    What the heck can this be?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Well its a red devil - so . . . princess?

Speaking of devils - I totally forgot about Himself's deal. I would assume that Cio failed, so does that mean the Heretic's court has been loosed a year ago?

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    So.. a new bodyguard.
    Suposedly even tougher than an angel?
    What the heck can this be?
    Could be an oni-type creature, but I'm guessing it's a Red Demon, same class as Oscar. Probably not actually tougher than an angel, but depending on the contract struck with it may be more reliable/controllable than an angel that has forsaken the Old Law (..and of course angels that are still following the Old Law wouldn't ever work in this position, and just forget about trying to do anything with the Thorns.)

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post

Speaking of devils - I totally forgot about Himself's deal. I would assume that Cio failed, so does that mean the Heretic's court has been loosed a year ago?
    Can't be Princess he only has 1 straight horn, princess has 2 curved horns.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Also, unless he gets a definite name, I petition that this bodyguard devil henceforth be referred to as KILLBOSS (capitalization optional)

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post

The actual terms of success or failure were not stated on-page; the band of adventurers did successfully penetrate Yre's defenses. So did they make a bet on something like 'You will not be able to breach the treasure vault of the Grand Dragon' (pulled it off, albeit with casualties) or 'You will not be able to recover your boyfriend from Yre' (a fixed bet from the start, as it turns out he wasn't even there?)

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Could be an oni-type creature, but I'm guessing it's a Red Demon, same class as Oscar. Probably not actually tougher than an angel, but depending on the contract struck with it may be more reliable/controllable than an angel that has forsaken the Old Law (..and of course angels that are still following the Old Law wouldn't ever work in this position, and just forget about trying to do anything with the Thorns.)
    Well.. Allison though she had to fight an angel but still busted the place up.
    So we almost got to assume this is a step up from at least a young Angel.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. Allison though she had to fight an angel but still busted the place up.
    So we almost got to assume this is a step up from at least a young Angel.
    Ooh.. indeed, she thought she was going to deal with an angel. An angel her own trainer had fought before, and presumably could give specific tips and methods of how to try to defeat. Instead she gets something that is presumably at least as dangerous as that angel (Preem Vash would hardly trade down, after all) but with completely unknown capacities. That's not gonna be a good thing.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Ooh.. indeed, she thought she was going to deal with an angel. An angel her own trainer had fought before, and presumably could give specific tips and methods of how to try to defeat. Instead she gets something that is presumably at least as dangerous as that angel (Preem Vash would hardly trade down, after all) but with completely unknown capacities. That's not gonna be a good thing.
    Allison teacher, white chain saw that angel destroyed when they were both in the angel realm.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

The Unicorn Speaks. And he has the second most badass jacket in Throne.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

And surprisingly, the Unicorn is in fact a devil. Just one who learned martial art.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

And surprisingly, the Unicorn is in fact a devil. Just one who learned martial art.
    My money is on them having learned Demon Flips the Cart, first mentioned in the holy alt-text of this comic