New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well as such, the only ring thats actually left is the one that consist of the arena's floor.
    Everything else got destoryed by someone.
    What about part where White Chain, Alison and Cio are?

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

What about part where White Chain, Alison and Cio are?
    I would call that less of a ring, and more Broken Rubble.

Also, in a new comic.

Mega Kill!
    Super Kill!
    Hyper Kill!
    Monster Kill!
    Utra Mega Hyper Monster Kill!
    Flawless Total Life Obliteration!

Leaving the debate about how big of a monster he is, then he certainly does have style.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2020-04-19 at 03:45 PM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #573
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Leaving the debate about how big of a monster he is, then he certainly does have style.
    This doesn't count as 'test your might'. It's more the between stage 'how fast can you mash the button?'
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

That was amazing.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

This doesn't count as 'test your might'. It's more the between stage 'how fast can you mash the button?'
    If you carefully study the message you quoted then you might see it does not mention might at any place

It does mention style because he caught his bracelets again. And avoided getting blood on his own clothes.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

A nice demonstration of the most martial inclined Demiurge. *golf clap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

If you carefully study the message you quoted then you might see it does not mention might at any place
    This hardly looks like a fight against a good opponent, and more 'mook stomping'.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Colossus in the Playground

I would call that less of a ring, and more Broken Rubble.

Also, in a new comic.

Mega Kill!
    Super Kill!
    Hyper Kill!
    Monster Kill!
    Utra Mega Hyper Monster Kill!
    Flawless Total Life Obliteration!

It does look a bit like a cutscene with quick-time events. Swipe right to kick through 20 guys' torsoes.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    It does look a bit like a cutscene with quick-time events. Swipe right to kick through 20 guys' torsoes.
    It's like Fruit Ninja, but for people.

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

This hardly looks like a fight against a good opponent, and more 'mook stomping'.
    Arrg.. are you intentionally ignoring every 2nd word i write?!

Here i will quote myself again for clarity. And leave in the bit that you left out.

If you carefully study the message you quoted then you might see it does NOT mention might at any place

It does mention style because he caught his bracelets again. And avoided getting blood on his own clothes.
    The reason it does NOT mention Might. Is because my post does NOT have anything to do with might.
    Or if the fight was or was not against a good opponent.

It purely center around SD's ability to put up a good show.

Whats important is that possibly noone else. Not even the two Angels. Get to see all of this.
    Certainly what the audience see, is Solomon David strikin a badass pose, that makes every person running towards him explode in gore.
    And depending on how its done, though raw speed or though freezing time, might make it so even White Chain just see that. Even if she might know -what- Solomon did on a technical level.

edit.
    Removed -some- caps.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2020-04-21 at 06:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

New Comic.

Yeah, this is getting interrupted.
    Last edited by -D-; 2020-04-22 at 10:09 AM.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

That was a really good description of what Solomon stand for though. Brutal pragmatism.

But as someone in the comments pointed out.
    Notice just how litteral Solomon was about the "not be touched" comment.
    He even avoided splattering blood on the people spared.

New comic.

Soo.. some extremely interesting development with Allison.
    This could very well be the key to defeating Solomon David.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2020-04-29 at 01:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #583

Beholder

Update

Incubus ****s his pants at the sight of Zoss. The clear difference between the Conquering King and a Demiurge.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

So, apparently Zoss showing up isn't just some sort of Zoss-vision Allison is having?

Also, the alt-text...has every book's name-drop come from Zoss?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

So.. likely the key word there was You.
    Meaning that White Chain need to save herself.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Update

Incubus ****s his pants at the sight of Zoss. The clear difference between the Conquering King and a Demiurge.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    So, apparently Zoss showing up isn't just some sort of Zoss-vision Allison is having?

Also, the alt-text...has every book's name-drop come from Zoss?
    Is this the first time anyone has interacted with Zoss in this way, when he comes to visit Allison?

Also I wonder if there's something about Incubus also being a mental projection of Allison's (I think, right? Because his real body is all scarred?) that enables him to see and interact with this version of Zoss.

17. - Top - End - #587

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    Is this the first time anyone has interacted with Zoss in this way, when he comes to visit Allison?

Also I wonder if there's something about Incubus also being a mental projection of Allison's (I think, right? Because his real body is all scarred?) that enables him to see and interact with this version of Zoss.
    I'm pretty sure this is the first time anyone has been around when Zoss has appeared. But, as you have mentioned, Incubus himself is not actually around. It's also worth mentioning that Cio disappeared when Incubus showed up, so both parts of this visitation are probably in Alison's dreams.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

I'm pretty sure this is the first time anyone has been around when Zoss has appeared. But, as you have mentioned, Incubus himself is not actually around. It's also worth mentioning that Cio disappeared when Incubus showed up, so both parts of this visitation are probably in Alison's dreams.
    I think both Zoss and Incubus would be the first ones to explain that they are in fact very much around

But yes, we do also know from the absence of scars that this is Incubus's mental/dream/astral projection.
    Though good job noticing the absence of Cio.

19. - Top - End - #589

Beholder

Update

Wherein Zoss once again drops the title. And has a good "You should not go alone" speech.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Titan in the Playground

Arrgg.. ffs Abbadon you (censored), cant leave it on such a cliffhanger

21. - Top - End - #591

Beholder

Arrgg.. ffs Abbadon you (censored), cant leave it on such a cliffhanger
    It has been repeatedly proven that he can.

This will be an intersting fight to see. I have little doubt Solomon will win, but there are still victories to claim.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Titan in the Playground

This will be an intersting fight to see. I have little doubt Solomon will win, but there are still victories to claim.
    I actually think something absurdly unexpected will happen that prevents White Chain from losing.
    Or turns a defeat into a victory.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

From what I understand, this is the penultimate book. I think narratively something will happen to restart the Universal War, and the most straightforward way to do that would be to remove one of the demiurges. I don't know what will happen, but I've been pretty sure since the start of this arc that he's going to shed rather more than a drop of blood in the arena. He's the most prideful, he cultivates an air of invulnerability, and he's also pretty much the self-appointed organizer of the non-Jagganoth demiurges. His death would be the perfect way to kick off a situation our protagonists must respond to.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    It has been repeatedly proven that he can.

Solomon is not there to be an invincible force. He exists for story reasons - whatever they are - and as such, there's basically no possible way he wins. It may not be this fight, sure, but he's there to eventually fall. If I had to guess, there will be a coup d'grace moment, and Alison will intervene and save her friend.

Then she'll give the key to her boyfriend, who's an even bigger douchebag than Solomon, and Alison will have to prove that power doesn't really come from the key, it comes from within. Or some such.

None of this is likely to happen as described - guessing a plot is nigh-impossible. But Solomon being there to win is pretty much certain to not be how it goes.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Colossus in the Playground

Surely this can't be the penultimate book. There's so much story left. We still have no real idea what Jagganoth's deal is. Or Jadis. We have arguably had arcs focused on three of the seven demiurges (with some focus on Gog and Inky). Surely there has to be one book for each. And something with Michael.

Also, Solomon seems to go not just for victory, but for show-off victory. Notice how his stance and movements in the last panel exactly mirror what White Chain does in the first. He's copying her moves.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2020-06-08 at 08:05 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

26. - Top - End - #596
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

The author pointed out that Zoss has namedropped each book's title, and the mouseover text on the most recent drop says "Only one more title drop to go in the whole series!" So that means one more book. Since this book seems to be covering both Solomon and Gog-Agog I could see the last one focusing on Jagganoth with a background focus on Jadis, and Incubus has been present through a few books so he doesn't need a whole one to himself.

The way I see the plot developing here is that Solomon David loses somehow, probably through Allison nonsense powers, and is crippled in a such a way that he cannot maintain his empire. This book had the Demiurges discussing how it's all of them versus Jagganoth and that it's only because of their combined power that Jagganoth doesn't destroy the world, and Solomon is haughty enough to think that his word is enough to keep the peace. The pact of the seven-part world, etc. So if Solomon falls here then Jagganoth is free to act, since the combined might of the other Demiurges can't stop him.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Also, Solomon seems to go not just for victory, but for show-off victory. Notice how his stance and movements in the last panel exactly mirror what White Chain does in the first. He's copying her moves.
    Oh good observation. I missed that was what Solomon did.
    And well yeah, this is likely the most excitement is going to get this decade. I dont begrudge him playing around a bit.
    Instead of going for a Ki-Rata finisher.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

He's not copying exactly his hands and feet are in slightly different positions. Which kind of makes me think he's doing the textbook responses to chains moves.

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

I’m thinking that through some miracle Solomon sheds that drop of blood, and everything collapses when he flounces off to go do whatever having declared it all not his problem any more. But more likely I think Gog is gonna interfere as its petty nature means it is willing to attack Solomon even though it means an angry OP demiurge gets to star breaking creation in half.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

As with our host's comic, I suspect the final book may be longest and the one that gets furthest into what exactly the nature of the world is.

I wouldn't be surprised if Allison gives her key to Zaid at some point. We know there's some time loop thing going on, and I kind of expect Zaid to grow up to be Zoss. K6BD's creator said some stuff along the lines of Zaid's name not being a coincidence, they don't look radically different (modulo thousands of years of hard living and fighting), and there has to be some reason why Zoss turned up there of all places. To be more specific, I think it's possible that the Conquering King and the Ruling King are actually different people who got conflated through the mists of history. Allison's destiny is as the Conquering King, then she hands off the key to Zaid, who rules as Zoss, who hands it back to young Allison, repeat ad infinitum unless one of the two similarly-named-and-motivated Juggernaut characters can break the wheel. Or, more narratively likely, this Allison does with the help of her friends.