New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

New Offering

I was right!

Also:

KILLBOSS' nonchalant brutality reminds me a lot of Oscar.

Also, notice that Allison's Atum Halo flares when she spits blood at KILLBOSS. Divinity is to be found in defiance...
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2018-11-14 at 03:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

We also got a glimpse of the mask - it does look like a Red mask.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandlich View Post
    My money is on them having learned Demon Flips the Cart, first mentioned in the holy alt-text of this comic
    Interestingly enough - Demon Flips Cart in the alt text is an "angelic art" - but in the description of the martial art it " can only be learned by men and devils, who have the abundance of black Atum needed."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Interestingly enough - Demon Flips Cart in the alt text is an "angelic art" - but in the description of the martial art it " can only be learned by men and devils, who have the abundance of black Atum needed."
    Yes, I noticed that too; it's pretty interesting.

Maybe the angels created it as a hypothetical martial art (as in "Hey, this could potentially work" sort of way), but were unable to practice it (due to the absence of the black fire inside them) so they taught it to a human.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Yes, I noticed that too; it's pretty interesting.

Maybe the angels created it as a hypothetical martial art (as in "Hey, this could potentially work" sort of way), but were unable to practice it (due to the absence of the black fire inside them) so they taught it to a human.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    In all likelihood Abaddon just forgot, or came up with the name on a whim and didn't decide what it was until later. Like how there's a red-masked devil early in the comic who very clearly doesn't match what a red devil is meant to be like. But that doesn't mean that can't be the explanation for the discrepancy.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

It’s way more fun for us to find inconsistencies and figure out how to resolve them thematically.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Both origins of the martial art are equally and exactly true. The K6BD-verse has no problem with paradox. It is simply one, gargantuan, glorious lie, with an occasional inconsistency thrown into the mix.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

“There is no such thing as Truth,” said YISUN, “rely on lies instead. They are far more consistent. ”
    “Why, Lord?” sputtered Aesma
    “Because we constantly strive to uphold them.”
    - From Aesma and the Three Masters(And the Lessons She Didn't Learn from Them)
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2018-11-15 at 11:54 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Eat your hearts out, TrainingMontageCravers

10. - Top - End - #70

when I look at the previous pages, I see not THAT many training montage cravers. many people said to be cautious and not rash in condemning the writer.

Turns out they were right. It has been a training scene all along!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Colossus in the Playground

I didn't necessarily want a training montage. I just wanted something to show how Alison got from the person she was at the end of the last arc to where she is at the beginning of this one, which seems like an entirely different person. Now that she's actually losing and lost some of that apparently quite cocky attitude, I'm a bit more back on board. It was just weird to go from broken, injured, uncertain, often scared, but quite determined Alison to muscular, extremely confident strong Alison.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The update made me so happy. WC adjusting Allison’s form with her foot... lol

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tearcamel View Post
    The update made me so happy. WC adjusting Allison’s form with her foot... lol
    I kept having flashbacks to Kung Fu Panda and Shifu whacking Po with the stick.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

I was kinda unsure about the timeskip at first, but this comic sold me.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

15. - Top - End - #75

Yeah, same. Alison is recognizeable again.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

I like that Allison is more back to herself.
    But i hate the actual comic.
    So what, the angry red devil is just waiting for Chain to adjust the posture of her student?
    Thats 6 words spoken. Thats more than enough time for delivering 6 punches.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, come on. Everyone knows talking is a free action
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Standing on your opponent's outstretched limb must be part of the proper form for this particular strike

19. - Top - End - #79

New offering.

So, uh, for those of us at work, where does that Youtube link go?

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    New offering.

So, uh, for those of us at work, where does that Youtube link go?
    This clip:
    My Hero by Foo Fighters

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The King can make a stone blush.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

Is the author trying something new with the art style? I don't hate it but everyone just looks kind of different and unusual.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    Is the author trying something new with the art style? I don't hate it but everyone just looks kind of different and unusual.
    He's done this basically between every major chapter so far. Allison design is the most obvious it significantly changed after departing through the gate the second time, after the business with Ohm, and now after time skip.

The full art style has been adapting as he goes.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

Vash has been taken into custody before it seems. Interesting that White Chain claims the static tendencies of UN-aspected beings such as angels make them more powerful than humans, when YS-aspected Zoss singlehandedly slew the most powerful of them millennia ago. Perhaps that same tendency towards stasis has contributed to their inability to do anything proactive about Throne's decay...
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2018-12-16 at 04:33 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85

I don't see much change in the artstyle.

26. - Top - End - #86

Beholder

New Offering

Vash has been taken into custody before it seems. Interesting that White Chain claims the static tendencies of UN-aspected beings such as angels make them more powerful than humans, when YS-aspected Zoss singlehandedly slew the most powerful of them millennia ago. Perhaps that same tendency towards stasis has contributed to their inability to do anything proactive about Throne's decay...
    Average angels seem to be stronger than average humans, but that doesn't stop individuals from being stronger than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Suposedly the Prime Angels had trouble fighting back, because it was not in their orders or instructions.
    And so far it has really only been the demi-urges that has really displayed an ability to fight angels on a equal ground.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

28. - Top - End - #88

New Offering

It seems Preem Hamsandlich has forgotten one very important fact.

Spoiler
    Show
    METATRON LIVES
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hm, Allison's looking kind of ... buff.

And Cio? Jealously possessive.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Suposedly the Prime Angels had trouble fighting back, because it was not in their orders or instructions.
    And so far it has really only been the demi-urges that has really displayed an ability to fight angels on a equal ground.
    Or it WAS in their instructions, and this has all been part of Metatron's plan from the start.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!