New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Okay, good thinking by Incubus to grab a sword from among the many stuck in Mammon's neck.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Aaand we're back to people stabbing each other with energy...

I think this comic just might not be for me anymore. Art and character designs are still gorgeous, but I mainly liked earlier battles because they were hilariously chaotic crowd scenes of fascinating characters, not a few god types kamehameha-ing each other.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #933
    Barbarian in the Playground

Give it a break and then scroll through a bunch of updates at once.

4. - Top - End - #934

Yeah, it's probably time to put this Comic on my "once half a year" list with Unsounded and Girl Genius. Better for heavily Story-based stuff anyway.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Yeah, it's probably time to put this Comic on my "once half a year" list with Unsounded
    Triggered

6. - Top - End - #936

Yeah, it's probably time to put this Comic on my "once half a year" list with Unsounded and Girl Genius. Better for heavily Story-based stuff anyway.
    I have a hard time finding where I left off in Unsounded.

7. - Top - End - #937

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    I have a hard time finding where I left off in Unsounded.
    Start over at the last chapter you remember and do a re-read?

I find Unsounded very readable chapter by chapter. They even have a mailing list that informs you when a new chapter is done, once or twice a year.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Or just read it page, by page and get hooked. People compare K6BD and unSounded but it's way more predictable.

Mon-Wed-Fri, unless Ashley's on a break (one in Summer and Winter) or unless there was a multichapter release.

9. - Top - End - #939

Just tell her already.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    Just tell her already.
    It feels like both Motcom and Gog-Agog are just dropping the idiot ball with this.

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Waistcoatwill View Post
    It feels like both Motcom and Gog-Agog are just dropping the idiot ball with this.
    Not even the end of the world is enough leverage to get Gog some respect. So be it. End of the world? Gog will be fine...

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    Not even the end of the world is enough leverage to get Gog some respect. So be it. End of the world? Gog will be fine...
    When the end of the world isnt enough to make you stop acting like an idiot, you dont DESERVE respect.
    And no. Gog wont be more fine than any other demiurge. Its still part of the world.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

13. - Top - End - #943

Maybe Gog can disperse into a trillion non-sentient worms and then reform after the event.

14. - Top - End - #944
    Titan in the Playground

And you think non-sentient worms are going to be able to survive the end of the universe because.. ?

15. - Top - End - #945
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    And you think non-sentient worms are going to be able to survive the end of the universe because.. ?
    Unless Jaggy is planning to wipe out all organic life, then the worms will survive. Jaggy plans to kill everyone, and worms feed on the dead.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Troll in the Playground

He is planning to destroy everything. All of it, all of actuality will cease. That is 100% his plan. That said, the Worm that ****posts may actually have a plan to survive even that.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Unless Jaggy is planning to wipe out all organic life, then the worms will survive. Jaggy plans to kill everyone, and worms feed on the dead.
    As already mentioned. Jaggy plans to destroy the universe to start over. Forget life. What kind of matter do you think will survive a complete universe reboot?

And i find it highly unlikely It can survive universal extinction. The one entity that -might- have a clue about that sort of thing is locked in a block of crystal.
    Where it by all account wishes to die.

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

Wow

19. - Top - End - #949
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Finally, something is happening! And from the spoiler warning, it suggests that things will continue to happen.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Ogre in the Playground

Ouchie.

Wonder how others are doing.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Wonder how others are doing.
    My guesses:

Mammon, Mottom and Incubus are dead.

Solomon David might have survived by hyper-accelerating and getting clear of the attack, or by using a Ki Rata defensive technique. He's probably alive, but might be dead.

Jadis's ice might have protected her from the attack. If so, she's been cut free; if not, she's dead.

Gog-Agog is fine, because she left before the attack. Whatever individual worms were in the area are dead, though, so she probably won't be able to put in an appearance any time soon.

Cio and White Chain are probably in a state much like Allison.

Aspected Chaos might be dead, assuming death is a meaningful state for a composite entity.

Jagganoth is very slightly more tired.

A whole bunch of innocent bystanders are also dead.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

I'm pretty sure Incubus isn't dead. Maya's plot revolves around him; for him to be killed off without them getting to interact again feels wrong. If he is dead, she will at least encounter his corpse.

I do hope Jadis isn't dead — we haven't seen her do anything, and I'd really like her to be more involved than delivering a prophecy way back near the start of the comic.

Mottom and Mammon I could see being dead. They're both relatively weak among the demiurges, and I don't see as many unresolved plot threads with them. Solomon David is a lot stronger, but honestly, I mostly think we're just waiting for him to do a ten-point ki rata strike.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Ogre in the Playground

Guess that cost them an eye and a leg. I mean shoulder leg.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Well, we see at least one casualty. RIP Mammon, who’ll never know just how much money he had.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marcelinari View Post
    Well, we see at least one casualty. RIP Mammon, who’ll never know just how much money he had.
    You can say that again

Spoiler: welp
    Show

As in ripped in twain, and now used as a spiked club by Red God.

Incubus' reaction at the end was priceless.

26. - Top - End - #956

Spoiler
    Show
    I think my prediction still stands (which I'm not sure I've posted here:

This ends with Jag killing almost everyone and then a time loop, where Alison somehow keeps her memories.

27. - Top - End - #957

Lizardfolk

Hey at least Incubus' hair is still in tact, all is not lost!!
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

28. - Top - End - #958

Incubus: master of understatement.

29. - Top - End - #959

Spoiler
    Show
    I think my prediction still stands (which I'm not sure I've posted here:

This ends with Jag killing almost everyone and then a time loop, where Alison somehow keeps her memories.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would make sense as an outcome with it already being a loop. At the moment it is either escape somehow and needing a really major power up or something like the loop idea. But I kinda hope not because if only she keeps her memories one thing I dislike about longer time loops applies strongly, resetting relationship/character progression. White chain char development gone, AllisonXCio development gone (well for one of them), any relatonship with anyone she meet there gone... stuff like that is always a bit depressing about loops.

Though I don't think speculation needs spoiler tags.

30. - Top - End - #960

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would make sense as an outcome with it already being a loop. At the moment it is either escape somehow and needing a really major power up or something like the loop idea. But I kinda hope not because if only she keeps her memories one thing I dislike about longer time loops applies strongly, resetting relationship/character progression. White chain char development gone, AllisonXCio development gone (well for one of them), any relatonship with anyone she meet there gone... stuff like that is always a bit depressing about loops.

Though I don't think speculation needs spoiler tags.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mean perhaps white chain and Cio would be fine, coz they've been touched by the master key sort of thing?
    EDIT: I can also see Incubus bestowing his own set of keys unto alisson, and her finding other demiurges keys and that and then her getting a massive powerup from that..?
    Last edited by Wizard_Lizard; 2021-09-13 at 03:46 PM.
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.