New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536373839404142 LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1260
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Does the technique's name mean Solomon's going to try forcing Jagganoth into the cycle of reincarnation?

2. - Top - End - #992
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Quote Originally Posted by Thales View Post
    Further explosions!

By the way, the technique Solomon David is using is described as "opening all energy channels of the body". Now, this setting has magic, so I'm not expecting conservation of energy, but if it were observed, hypothetically this ultimate attack would convert all of Solomon's mass to energy. How big of an explosion would that make? Well, 1 kilogram of matter is equivalent to 10^16 Joules of energy. Solomon is probably on the order of 100 kg, so that's 10^18 J.

Looking it up, that's about 240 megatons of TNT. By way of comparison, this is about five times the yield of the Tsar Bomba, the most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated, and a bit higher than the energy released by the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa. This nearly destroyed the (fairly small) island Krakatoa was on. That said, it's still orders of magnitude lower than the energy of the Mount Tambora eruption or the hourly influx of solar energy across Earth, and vastly lower than the energy of the impact that wiped out the dinosaurs. Throne is in trouble, but if Solomon is limited by conservation of energy, it should at least still exist after this.
    9*10^16 so about an order of magnitude more. but yeah not quite world destroying.
    Though from a recent chapter comment throne isn't world sized
    Yes, sort of. If I remember correctly, Word-of-God(author) says that Throne is roughly the size of California, so large chunks of it can be aquatic and still leave a significant amount of room for the action to take place in.
    On the other hand, who knows how sturdy it is compared to a normal world. Well it isn't what he is doing so i suppose it doesn't matter.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ettin in the Playground

Remember to hit the back button, because it was a double update.

Anyway, Dark Spirit bomb, drawn from the densest populated realm in the multiverse.
    Last edited by Rakaydos; 2021-11-08 at 06:32 AM.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

It seemed a little uncertain.
    Could also just be the impact from the technique before.
    But oh dam the previous comic was intense. And thanks for the heads up on the double update.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #995

Dude's still only using the one hand though. Probably should have sprung for a two-hand technique. I'm willing to bet Jag survives.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstag View Post
    Dude's still only using the one hand though. Probably should have sprung for a two-hand technique. I'm willing to bet Jag survives.
    I don't think that's correct. Ki rata works by concentrating "force on a point smaller than a pin-prick, giving blows absolutely phenomenal power." It seems to me that when you're using multiple points, you'd want them to be as closely concentrated as possible, to deliver the attack on as small a portion of your opponent's body as possible. If I'm correct, a ten-finger, 77-point strike would be less powerful than a five-finger, 77 point strike.

Also, Solomon David is one of the top three or so fighters in the universe. I think it's safe to assume he knows what he's doing.

I do agree that Jagganoth is definitely going to survive, though.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Next update will apparently be a doozy. 12 pages is a lot! I'm glad to hear there's still a lot more story left to tell; this fight hasn't exactly been dedicated to tying up character arcs of the leads, just some of the demiurges.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Troll in the Playground

Next update will apparently be a doozy. 12 pages is a lot! I'm glad to hear there's still a lot more story left to tell; this fight hasn't exactly been dedicated to tying up character arcs of the leads, just some of the demiurges.
    This is literally the start of the last book, there is an entire book to go after the fight is over and always has been? Nevermind looks like there is a book 6 now as well. Either way there was always going to be more plot after the fight.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2021-11-11 at 09:48 AM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

9. - Top - End - #999

Lizardfolk

Oooo Jadis finally appears! Can't wait to see where this goes!!
    Professional Ancient Relic
    Beware, Monologues
    Ambassador from Gen Z
    NBITP

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdeep Merch View Post
    Use your smite bite to fight the plight right. Fill the site with light and give fright to wights as a knight of the night, teeth white; mission forthright, evil in flight. Despite the blight within, you perform the rite, ignore any contrite slight, fangs alight, soul bright.

That sight is dynamite.

10. - Top - End - #1000

Is uh... Jadis dead?
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Titan in the Playground

Is uh... Jadis dead?
    I think the answer is somewhere between yes and no?

12. - Top - End - #1002
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Is uh... Jadis dead?
    Quite probably yes! Of course merely being dead does not mean one stops existing, especially not when you've seen the shape of the Wheel and know the difference between life and death is just another great cosmic lie.. Jadis 'dying' may just have pulled a Force Ghost and freed her from the restrictions of her corporeal body.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

I really hoped for a happy end for Cio (and maybe Allison).
    Maybe good writing is sometimes sad.

14. - Top - End - #1004

Quote Originally Posted by Rydiro View Post
    I really hoped for a happy end for Cio (and maybe Allison).
    Maybe good writing is sometimes sad.
    Agreed, I'm going to trust that it will play out well (if not happily)...but damb that's difficult!

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ogre in the Playground

I wouldn't count Cio out yet - this isn't the first time her mask has been destroyed, after all.

16. - Top - End - #1006
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    I wouldn't count Cio out yet - this isn't the first time her mask has been destroyed, after all.
    It dissolved into goo. She is dead for goo-d.
    Not sorry for that low pun.

17. - Top - End - #1007
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Question Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

So! If Abaddon is permitted to stick to the schedule by his lady and his baby, we will have an update sometime this month. What do we think, gang? Will we cut to White Chain? Will we jump to Jadis’ crib? Is Zoss going to pop up again?

I really doubt we will cut to Jagganoth immediately. I… could see a page from HIMSELF or METATRON coming up. Perhaps METATRON consuming 2 Michael and other angels in order to correct the course of this Cycle.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rilmani View Post
    So! If Abaddon is permitted to stick to the schedule by his lady and his baby, we will have an update sometime this month. What do we think, gang? Will we cut to White Chain? Will we jump to Jadis’ crib? Is Zoss going to pop up again?

I really doubt we will cut to Jagganoth immediately. I… could see a page from HIMSELF or METATRON coming up. Perhaps METATRON consuming 2 Michael and other angels in order to correct the course of this Cycle.
    "Guest comics" from the War For Ryuba game might be interesting, though it may require a bit of setup to establish as canon.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

I'm happy about the story containing an additional book. When the original plan was aired it seemed way too compressed.

20. - Top - End - #1010

Alas, we'll be waiting until April or later for the next one. Seems like 90% of the webcomics I read are doing chapter breaks right now.

21. - Top - End - #1011

GO FOR THE EYES, BOO!!!

22. - Top - End - #1012
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    IT'S BACK!
    What a brutal return. She's gonna come back wiser, smarter. But she won't be able to just smash her way through challenges anymore.

23. - Top - End - #1013

RedWizardGuy

Ouch. She's well on her way to becoming the greatest, most important piece of crispy fried charcoal of all time.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    What a brutal return. She's gonna come back wiser, smarter. But she won't be able to just smash her way through challenges anymore.
    Did she actually ever successfully smash her way through a challenge, though? As I recall, all of her attempts to do so ended badly.

25. - Top - End - #1015
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    I am pretty sure she's going to ultimately get even more badass as a result of this, given that the cover of the book shows her with what looks like Zoss' prosthetic arm. Besides, it's pretty heavily shown that power in the setting (especially if you have a key) is more about determination than your physical body - Incubus seemed to believe that as long as her will didn't break she'd have no trouble fighting Jagganoth with him, and he's an expert. Plus, I mean... Incubus should know, he's one of the more dangerous of the Seven and his body is a scarred wreck.

Also, she tried her hardest not to smash through this one, but Jagganoth wasn't taking it.

I don't think the story is going to be resolved by a throwdown fight, but it's not really a given that losing two limbs and an eye makes you weaker in a setting like this one. Look at Maya's sword.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2022-04-17 at 04:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Huh, Allison seems to be in worse shape than she was after the big fight with Jagganoth. Here, she's also missing a leg (and her hair, though that might not be injury). It's not like those were lost against Incubus either. Was her leg actually injured in a way that just didn't show up or impede its function before this?

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Titan in the Playground

Incubus should know, he's one of the more dangerous of the Seven and his body is a scarred wreck.
    Counterpoint. I doubt everyone would have looked down on him if it was the case.

As for his body. Scarred yes. Wreck clearly not as soon as he assumed his war form.
    That btw didnt lack any vital pieces for fighting.

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Colossus in the Playground

Huh, Allison seems to be in worse shape than she was after the big fight with Jagganoth. Here, she's also missing a leg (and her hair, though that might not be injury). It's not like those were lost against Incubus either. Was her leg actually injured in a way that just didn't show up or impede its function before this?
    The comments are extensively wondering about that too. She is still hobbling along on both legs after Jagganoth dices her, and Cio, who has mostly the same injuries can still walk, so the leg injury is still unexplained so far.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Counterpoint. I doubt everyone would have looked down on him if it was the case.

As for his body. Scarred yes. Wreck clearly not as soon as he assumed his war form.
    That btw didnt lack any vital pieces for fighting.
    Incubus was kinda crazy and coping. Jag just having picked up two extra keys and 4 demiurges out of the fight. Having No idea where Jag is, but Inky wants to continue fighting. Wouldn't count on Inky to be mentally reliable in that scene.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Titan in the Playground

I think your entering the conversation lacking contex :D