New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Mammon's looking good, though. More alert. See, I said I was hoping someone would shake him out of his stupor. Though he also seems smaller.
    I wonder if he took or was given one of Mottom's peaches? If she's realized things are going down, she might have decided that they need him in proper working order.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Heh.. just look at SD's face though. Thats a guy who are sick and tired of teaching Kindergarden.
    But who cant find anyone else to take over so he can leave and become a rock musician.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Heh.. just look at SD's face though. Thats a guy who are sick and tired of teaching Kindergarden.
    But who cant find anyone else to take over so he can leave and become a rock musician.
    Hahahaha! Brilliant!

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    I think an important lesson from Incubus is revealed from his phrase "to Rule". As he sees it Ruling is merely the same as walking away - Ruling is just like surviving as well. It is a distraction from winning. Winning, it seems like, means Winning - just like power means power from OOTS. If you are trying to win to Rule, or trying to win to Survive, or to win to Protect you are fooling yourself - winning is its own goal. As such, the way I read it is that for Incubus both Maya and Solomon are "losers" in the sense that their goal was not victory itself. Obviously, he is still trying to use her - but it speaks to his mindset and aim to restart a war and even let the universe be destroyed - he has no goal other than to win over everyone else and if the universe had to die to allow him to win so be it.
    I don't think that's what he's getting at. Pursuing victory just for the sake of victory sounds pointless and right now Incubus is trying to convince Allison that she needs to pursue victory. Trying to convince her to achieve a pointless goal is not a very convincing argument. This is why i would think his lesson was that simply surviving is not enough as it could mean losing everything else. Only way to get everything she wans, is to win by beating everyone else

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    I don't think that's what he's getting at. Pursuing victory just for the sake of victory sounds pointless and right now Incubus is trying to convince Allison that she needs to pursue victory. Trying to convince her to achieve a pointless goal is not a very convincing argument. This is why i would think his lesson was that simply surviving is not enough as it could mean losing everything else. Only way to get everything she wans, is to win by beating everyone else
    Nah, Incubus is basically relating the piece of old wisdom, "Wanting is better than having".

Incubus has fun conquering and laying waste. He doesn't conquer because he actually wants to rule or own anything. He just likes conquering and pillaging. He can't even imagine trying to RULE the worlds he conquers.

But Solomon does, and is convinced he's some benevolent god king that deserves to rule everything, and Incubus is laughing at Solomon because he's never going to succeed.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Pursuing victory just for the sake of victory sounds pointless and right now Incubus is trying to convince Allison that she needs to pursue victory. Trying to convince her to achieve a pointless goal is not a very convincing argument.
    Well yes. It is completely pointless. The second conquest was also pretty pointless, as is much of what the demiurges do. All of the demiurges are completely mad, and I suspect that this is the form that Incubus's madness takes.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

But Solomon does, and is convinced he's some benevolent god king that deserves to rule everything, and Incubus is laughing at Solomon because he's never going to succeed.
    Nahh.. Solomon has straight up expressed the opposite. He does not want to rule at all.
    He is actively looking for someone else to to take over. Its just unfortunately hard to find.

But he is a benevolent god king though.
    Or well. Of those 3 its only the god bit that can really be contested. As he is not true royalty.
    But he is benevolent. He clearly does want the best for his subjects.
    And he is powerful enough to call himself King, Emperor, Chieftain or whatever else he pleases

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Nahh.. Solomon has straight up expressed the opposite. He does not want to rule at all.
    He is actively looking for someone else to to take over. Its just unfortunately hard to find.

But he is a benevolent god king though.
    Or well. Of those 3 its only the god bit that can really be contested. As he is not true royalty.
    But he is benevolent. He clearly does want the best for his subjects.
    And he is powerful enough to call himself King, Emperor, Chieftain or whatever else he pleases
    The 'doesn't want to rule but HAS to until they find somebody worthy' is a cliche so bad that it has its own trope https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p.../RegentForLife

It's the same lie that dictators throughout the history of the world have used dozens of times.

They never 'want' to rule. They just HAVE to because nobody else is good enough or they're just stopping EVIL PERSON X from ruling! And they make increasingly ridiculous excuses the longer they are in power.

'Hard to find'? That's just laughable. He's ruled over 111,111 worlds for thousands of years or more. Even arguing they're less populus than Earth still means that you're looking at minimum BILLIONS (and arguably TRILLIONS) of different individuals. ZOSS found a replacement in relatively short order.

No no, I just overthrew the previous ruler for the GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. I will just rule until the child heir of the ruler I overthrew is grown up enough to take the throne. What's that? They're of age? No no I disagree, they're still clearly too inexperienced to rule, and can't possibly be as wise as myself, they need more instruction! Oh? They're 30 years old? No, what I've seen is that he spent too much time being corrupted by the previous regime, he's not fit to rule, I must continue ruling for the GOOD OF THE PEOPLE. What's that? Parliament is demanding I step down? They're clearly working against the best interests of this country and I'll have to dissolve them for the good of the country. What's that? People are demanding their right to elect representatives? They're too ignorant to understand what's in their own interest, I have a RESPONSIBILITY TO THE PEOPLE to personally appoint only people that have the best interests of the country at heart, common people can't be trusted with elections! The common people are demanding I step aside for the rightful heir? I can't do that, Parliament has held a trial and declared him a traitor, they represent the WILL OF THE PEOPLE.

He's already doing it with Zaid. He's raising him to 'take over'. Take it to the bank, Zaid is never going to be good enough or ready enough to 'take over', he's Solomon's excuse.

If Solomon actually manages to defeat Allison, he'll declare Zaid 'unready' for bearing the King of Kings, and take it himself 'for safekeeping', until he's 'ready'.

Solomon is just like all the others, and as a couple people have pointed out, WORSE, because he still claims to be a hero.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    The 'doesn't want to rule but HAS to until they find somebody worthy' is a cliche so bad that it has its own trope https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p.../RegentForLife
    What? The description of Solomons problem here (one person clings to absolute power forever) is similar to RegentForLife, but the circumstances are so different that it should be a different trope.

First, Solomon's not regent, he is Emperor. By might, not right, but that's splitting hairs. None of the other four demiurges we learned about has been "the rightful heir". Solomon doesn't administrate in lieu of someone incapable. Better, he has literally conquered and built his dominion by himself. Also, there has not been a designated heir or crown prince so far, until Zaid came along. And it's rather obvious that the boy has no experience in administration, wisdom or combat. Compared to your average demiurge, Zaid might as well be a toddler.

Second, this "Regent for Life" is immortal. He can rule indefinitely, and is justified in thinking he has all time in the worlds to find the perfect heir. He has even laid out a pretty simple rule for the requirements. Once they are met, he has promised to step down. The trope "RulerForLife" would apply if Solomon broke his own promise, but he has yet to be shown dishonorable.

Third, there are other immortal rulers out there, who are not only willing and able to depose whoever Solomon appoints to take over his empire. Worse, these other rulers are so mad they will cheer while they destroy everything he has built up so far. Solomon would be quite right in thinking that if he handed his power to Zaid right now, he could as well feed his worlds into the big grinder himself.

Finally, he really doesn't want to rule. Why should he feign his unhappiness about it? But, he feels obligated to carry the burden, knowing the alternative.

So, if I may compare to another comic, Solomon is more like a mixture of Albia (Immortal empress) and Klaus Wulfenbach (built his empire from utter chaos; constantly tested his son to the limits to ensure capability in leadership) than like "RegentForLife".

Solomon IS really in a bind here, and I can feel sympathy with his problem. He really is a hero, in my opinion.
    What he is not though: A ruler. He should want to inspire his people to greatness, critical thinking and independency. Instead, he micromanages and steps heavily down in order to be the good dictator that he really isn't.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    What? The description of Solomons problem here (one person clings to absolute power forever) is similar to RegentForLife, but the circumstances are so different that it should be a different trope.

First, Solomon's not regent, he is Emperor. By might, not right, but that's splitting hairs. None of the other four demiurges we learned about has been "the rightful heir". Solomon doesn't administrate in lieu of someone incapable. Better, he has literally conquered and built his dominion by himself. Also, there has not been a designated heir or crown prince so far, until Zaid came along. And it's rather obvious that the boy has no experience in administration, wisdom or combat. Compared to your average demiurge, Zaid might as well be a toddler.

Second, this "Regent for Life" is immortal. He can rule indefinitely, and is justified in thinking he has all time in the worlds to find the perfect heir. He has even laid out a pretty simple rule for the requirements. Once they are met, he has promised to step down. The trope "RulerForLife" would apply if Solomon broke his own promise, but he has yet to be shown dishonorable.

Third, there are other immortal rulers out there, who are not only willing and able to depose whoever Solomon appoints to take over his empire. Worse, these other rulers are so mad they will cheer while they destroy everything he has built up so far. Solomon would be quite right in thinking that if he handed his power to Zaid right now, he could as well feed his worlds into the big grinder himself.

Finally, he really doesn't want to rule. Why should he feign his unhappiness about it? But, he feels obligated to carry the burden, knowing the alternative.

So, if I may compare to another comic, Solomon is more like a mixture of Albia (Immortal empress) and Klaus Wulfenbach (built his empire from utter chaos; constantly tested his son to the limits to ensure capability in leadership) than like "RegentForLife".

Solomon IS really in a bind here, and I can feel sympathy with his problem. He really is a hero, in my opinion.
    What he is not though: A ruler. He should want to inspire his people to greatness, critical thinking and independency. Instead, he micromanages and steps heavily down in order to be the good dictator that he really isn't.
    He's 'regent for life' because of his own words. He claims that he's not the true ruler and is just looking for somebody acceptable to take his place. Funny how he hasn't managed to find somebody in all the time he's ruled. It's almost like he's not really looking.

The point is, that despite his BS, Solomon WILL NEVER step down, EVER. He'll always have an excuse as to why nobody is quite good enough to replace him. Because his sin is Pride.

He's 'obligated to carry the burden' because of his pride and vanity. Stepping down for somebody else would require him to admit that they are better than he is. He will never do that.

Again, take it to the bank. If Solomon actually encounters Allison, he's going to try and take the Key himself. He'll make some BS excuse and possibly a speech about how the Heir (Zaid), isn't worthy to rule, and Solomon has to safeguard the Key of Kings until he's 'ready'. Which will never happen. I agree, Zaid would never be acceptable, what little we've seen of him says that he's a minor scumbag. But again, Zaid is just the excuse. It doesn't matter WHO it was, they would never be worthy to replace Solomon.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

11. - Top - End - #191

Spoiler: About the sins
    Show
    I'm not so sure anymore if the seven sins really apply to the demiurges straight away. Please prove me wrong, but if I remember the pages of the comic so far, and also the tumblr account, there has been no word of god, and no straight attribution of the sins to the demiurges, right? Sure, it's mentioned in the wiki (a fan-maintained thing!), and it made totally sense when all we knew were the appearances of the seven at their void concordance. Yet, in-comic, the demiurges themselves have been associated by the author with other things: Their titles, their favorite colors, and the symbols of diamond, sword, tower etc. And if I remember correctly, all attempts of us fans even to sort out the canonical symbols on our own, have failed.

Yep, Solomon comes across as a prideful s-o-b, and he wears royal purple of all things. But I wouldn't bank on his character being ultimately and singularly built around the "Oh I am so pride" trait. After all, Mottom and all her actions are defined by fear, not gluttony - yes, her court has been incredibly wasteful and could be said to be gluttonous. But sloth could also apply to Mottom. Likewise, Mammon is a possessive hoarder, but we have witnessed another side in him. He was haunted by the spirits of his past and future year-end-festivities. In the most recent comic, Mammon and Mottom actually have overcome their "sin" traits if they ever had them.
    Next, Incubus. He hasn't been a lustful creep so far, instead he is a scheming dreamwalking creep. Does he satisfy lust in others? Yeaaaah, but "Lust for Success" is really stretching the sin of the flesh into a wholly different topic. If I had to destribute the sins with what we know today, I would say that Incubus and his motives are best defined by envy, not lust.
    And we don't even know yet what the deal is with Gog-Agog, Jadis and Jagganoth.

On another note, Solomon appears to have looked for an heir, but so far, he didn't have a prophecy to believe in. With young Zaid now, he has, and he has taken great interest. On the walk to his coliseum, he even explained his reasoning to Zaid. Why should Abbadon waste two whole pages on hypocritic lies?

But, in a way, I think you will be proven right, in a way. Solomon will not step down voluntarily, but only because Zaid is not the true heir. If Zaid would have ten years of training like Allison currently gets, and if Zaid would subsequently beat Solomon in his ridiculous challenge: I think that Solomon would resign, yes. But this is hypothetical. Won't happen. Ever.
    My guess is that, when they meet, Solomon will be a misogynist and refuse to accept Allison as true eligible heir of Zoss. If so, you could even read it as "male pride", and be correct in your analysis above.

Now, the current concordance meeting is awkward. Mottom wants revenge from Allison; Mammon wants payback for his tower. Solomon has stolen the false heir, but wants to broker a peace. Incubus and Jagganoth have specifically plotted for the current war and are absent for good reason. Like the absentees, Mottom and Jadis know that Allison is the true heir, so Solomon is lacking vital information. Mammon has been out of the loop a lot, so I wonder how effective he can be in the meeting anyway. Meanwhile, Jadis knows ALL, and can use her knowledge against all the others, but she doesn't strike me as a big schemer. Gog-Agog does, but they don't need to do a thing to get their kick in this situation.

(But also, this is not the most predictable of comics. You can't really guess what happens next - the long-term consequences are usually plain and visible, but not the short-term twists.)

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

He's 'regent for life' because of his own words. He claims that he's not the true ruler and is just looking for somebody acceptable to take his place. Funny how he hasn't managed to find somebody in all the time he's ruled. It's almost like he's not really looking.

The point is, that despite his BS, Solomon WILL NEVER step down, EVER. He'll always have an excuse as to why nobody is quite good enough to replace him. Because his sin is Pride.

He's 'obligated to carry the burden' because of his pride and vanity. Stepping down for somebody else would require him to admit that they are better than he is. He will never do that.
    Have you though about, that the only things supporting these statements are bias against SD?
    We lack any sort of evidence on him actually getting any sort of pleasure from ruling. And have direct evidence to the direct opposite, that he would rather try and focus on leveling up.

And why should handing over rulership require him to admit that they are better than him at anything? We see this in a lot of other places, like when one monarch decides to retire, and hands over the crown to a heir.
    What really stops SD from deciding "Zach, your newer going to be as good as me, but your good enough to run this without making it crash and burn. Here is the crown, im off for the beach" ?

We directly see this reflected in the tournament. The winning condition isnt to defeat SD. All you have to do is to draw a single drop of his blood.
    Thats just an extremely tall order, as he is around the 3rd or 4th strongest person in creation.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Colossus in the Playground

I think the sins still fit pretty well, if one takes a broader definition of them than the modern pop culture one. Luxuria, the original lust, is not necessarily sexual. It any desire for anything that is too strong. Money and power are explicitely named in older sources and of course the author of this webcomic would go look at those older sources. Incubus explicitely seeks out the Lustful and gives them their wishes.

Gluttony, similarly, isn't necessarily food. It's overconsumption in general. Taking more than you need, so that nothing is left over for others.

Pride is interesting. Superbia is in one definition more like hubris, thinking that one knows better than god or the gods. BUt a part of it is also not seeing the accomplishments of others, only one's own. And of course, overstimating one's own accomplishments and forgetting one's flaws.

I don't know, they all fit pretty well.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I think the sins still fit pretty well, if one takes a broader definition of them than the modern pop culture one. Luxuria, the original lust, is not necessarily sexual. It any desire for anything that is too strong. Money and power are explicitely named in older sources and of course the author of this webcomic would go look at those older sources. Incubus explicitely seeks out the Lustful and gives them their wishes.

Gluttony, similarly, isn't necessarily food. It's overconsumption in general. Taking more than you need, so that nothing is left over for others.

Pride is interesting. Superbia is in one definition more like hubris, thinking that one knows better than god or the gods. BUt a part of it is also not seeing the accomplishments of others, only one's own. And of course, overstimating one's own accomplishments and forgetting one's flaws.

I don't know, they all fit pretty well.
    True, they fit. I played a bit with the topic and put them down as follows. In case of the bolded ones I found the arguments very compelling.

Incubus: Envy (He just isn't lustful. But if you pay attention, he is deviously seeking to ruin others, deprive them of their possessions and drag them into the mud. He may not want things for himself, he just can't abide that others have something good. That is the definition of malicious envy.
    Mottom: Sloth (in the form of cowardice and apathy. She was living in fear of her own courtiers, and all her acts so far have been a reaction to the acts of others)
    Gog Agog: Lust? (No backstory yet, they are the demiurge we know the least about. But still they have been described as being really large in the "entertainment business" on Throne, and we have seen them surrounded by beauty attendants)
    Solomon: Wrath? (We just learned what his original motivation has been: seeking revenge. We have seen him obliterating his head monk's head in a fit of rage. Sure, he seems like the cool guy, but I'd say he has a temper. In the rare cases he flips out, people die.)
    Jagganoth: Gluttony? (No backstory yet, so this is speculation. But we have seen him in the shape of an overweight brute... and gluttony is also related to selfishness, which might fit the character although we know so little about him. Could be that he realized that he needed to work out in order to grow and devour even more.)
    Iadis: Pride. (In an act of Hubris, she gazed at the true shape of the universe which made her insane)
    Mammon: Greed. (very straightforward: it just fits him best. Until we know more, that is.)

Spoiler: Also, some unrelated backstory speculation:
    Show
    Incubus is seen as the placeholder of Maya, and it rankles with him. But we already know that there were many more demiurges. We learned how Solomon dealt with two others. So, what about the rest of the competition? I have just thought, that it could well be that Incubus was already a demiurge under Zoss (this recap flashback backs it up, although it looks like a symbol picture only showing the surviving demiurges). What if Incubus has been playing the grey eminence before, pretending to be just a minor competition? What if the other demiurges have seen him just as Maya's lackey... when in reality, he was the driving force behind Maya's ambition to build up the middle army? Until, at one point, they had a falling out: Either he pushed Maya too far, or she finally saw through his schemes. However, she as his figurehead, brought up the willpower to abandon him; and because she was such a powerful player in the demiurge business, the others never accepted that Incubus who was officially just her "right hand man", finally took the throne that was "hers". I think this speculation fits the story we have been told so far.
    Last edited by Onyavar; 2019-02-25 at 08:16 AM. Reason: typo

15. - Top - End - #195
    Halfling in the Playground

Have you though about, that the only things supporting these statements are bias against SD?
    We lack any sort of evidence on him actually getting any sort of pleasure from ruling. And have direct evidence to the direct opposite, that he would rather try and focus on leveling up.

And why should handing over rulership require him to admit that they are better than him at anything? We see this in a lot of other places, like when one monarch decides to retire, and hands over the crown to a heir.
    What really stops SD from deciding "Zach, your newer going to be as good as me, but your good enough to run this without making it crash and burn. Here is the crown, im off for the beach" ?

We directly see this reflected in the tournament. The winning condition isnt to defeat SD. All you have to do is to draw a single drop of his blood.
    Thats just an extremely tall order, as he is around the 3rd or 4th strongest person in creation.

It's also worth pointing out that Solomon David's concern that, without his badassery protecting the realm, the other Demiurges would conquer them, strikes me as a perfectly valid concern. They have a history of doing that sort of thing.

He's basically a wartime army, embodied in a single individual. Even if he formally turned over formal power to a democratically elected parliament or whatever, he'd still be effectively in charge because he can move the sun.

16. - Top - End - #196

Beholder

If this is called diplomacy I don't want to see what they call war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    True, they fit. I played a bit with the topic and put them down as follows. In case of the bolded ones I found the arguments very compelling.

Incubus: Envy (He just isn't lustful. But if you pay attention, he is deviously seeking to ruin others, deprive them of their possessions and drag them into the mud. He may not want things for himself, he just can't abide that others have something good. That is the definition of malicious envy.
    Mottom: Sloth (in the form of cowardice and apathy. She was living in fear of her own courtiers, and all her acts so far have been a reaction to the acts of others)
    Gog Agog: Lust? (No backstory yet, they are the demiurge we know the least about. But still they have been described as being really large in the "entertainment business" on Throne, and we have seen them surrounded by beauty attendants)
    Solomon: Wrath? (We just learned what his original motivation has been: seeking revenge. We have seen him obliterating his head monk's head in a fit of rage. Sure, he seems like the cool guy, but I'd say he has a temper. In the rare cases he flips out, people die.)
    Jagganoth: Gluttony? (No backstory yet, so this is speculation. But we have seen him in the shape of an overweight brute... and gluttony is also related to selfishness, which might fit the character although we know so little about him. Could be that he realized that he needed to work out in order to grow and devour even more.)
    Iadis: Pride. (In an act of Hubris, she gazed at the true shape of the universe which made her insane)
    Mammon: Greed. (very straightforward: it just fits him best. Until we know more, that is.)
    Oh, true. A lot of them fit several sins. I mean, Mottom is also clearly wrathful.

The interesting thing about Incubus, I think, is that he is not lustful himself, he instead has lustful followers. In fact, I can't really tell what his sin would be at all. His dream mask would be pride, perhaps, but that's a mask. His real life persona might be closer to envy, yes. Or wrath, again. He seems very, very angry.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

It's also worth pointing out that Solomon David's concern that, without his badassery protecting the realm, the other Demiurges would conquer them, strikes me as a perfectly valid concern. They have a history of doing that sort of thing.
    He's basically a wartime army, embodied in a single individual. Even if he formally turned over formal power to a democratically elected parliament or whatever, he'd still be effectively in charge because he can move the sun.
    Yeah.. Incubus has more or less straight up confirmed thats whom they are, and what they do.

And of course, it gets worse in that we have the 2nd/3rd strongest individual in all of reality, actively wanting to destroy everything.
    Without a demi-urge level succesor, it is very likely that everything will go up in flames the moment SD steps down.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

New Offering

Well.. seems the war stew cant be allowed to cool down to far as long as Incubus is around.
    Things would likely cool down a little if Maya could be convinced to come back and kick him off the throne.
    Just a shame thats a really uncomfortable place to sit.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

Well.. seems the war stew cant be allowed to cool down to far as long as Incubus is around.
    Things would likely cool down a little if Maya could be convinced to come back and kick him off the throne.
    Just a shame thats a really uncomfortable place to sit.
    Given this page, its possible Maya was partially responsible for starting the War in the first place. Who does that figure in the second to last panel remind you of...

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

Given this page, its possible Maya was partially responsible for starting the War in the first place. Who does that figure in the second to last panel remind you of...
    Well.. its certainly not impossible.
    At the same time though, according to legend, the two demi-urges who began the war is dead.

22. - Top - End - #202

Beholder

oh no

Gog-Agog has clowns.

Can we start this extermination war?
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I like to imagine that Incubis was the 1st one there, and has been hiding in the shadow of the throne the whole time, waiting for SD to give him a good entry line.

Seems that all the sycophants (except 0001 and Gog Agog’s ICP) fear his very presence.

Unless they haven’t seen him yet, and are just weary of the conflict between their gods in the last strip...
    Last edited by Tom Tearcamel; 2019-03-03 at 01:54 AM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

I think the next page will reveal if he was hiding or just arriving late.
    But it does seem rather clear that what the followers react to is the escalating violence.

25. - Top - End - #205

Beholder

I think the next page will reveal if he was hiding or just arriving late.
    But it does seem rather clear that what the followers react to is the escalating violence.
    I too would get nervous if multiple Demiurges were angry.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tearcamel View Post
    I like to imagine that Incubis was the 1st one there, and has been hiding in the shadow of the throne the whole time, waiting for SD to give him a good entry line.

Seems that all the sycophants (except 0001 and Gog Agog’s ICP) fear his very presence.

Unless they haven’t seen him yet, and are just weary of the conflict between their gods in the last strip...
    There was a half-joking post on Abbadon's tumblr that Jagganoth does this all the time by accident, teleporting to the meeting place way too early and feeling kinda awkward that nobody was around to hear his "I HAVE ARRIVED, PUNY INSECTS" entrance, and hiding behind one of the dead god's corpses waiting for everyone else to arrive so gets another chance to make a sufficiently intimidating entrance.

Awkwardness sorta makes sense given that he was never properly socialized. His omnicidal ambitions can be interpreted as him being unable to deal with his emotions(in this case, god-level PTSD and a complete lack of healthy relationships) in a non-destructive manner.
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2019-03-03 at 03:26 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

Im pretty certain thats more a result of him being used as a puppet by 2nd Michael

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/com...of-names-4-76/

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Im pretty certain thats more a result of him being used as a puppet by 2nd Michael

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/com...of-names-4-76/
    Whatever angel (like Metatron 1) used Jagganoth did so by manipulating his PTSD

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Where the heck does the idea of PTSD come from?
    He is a victorious demi-urge, among the 7 strongest people in all of reality.
    If fighting was not to his taste, then there are just about nothing that could be done to stop him from simple wandering away like Maya did.
    But instead he stayed to the end. So its much more likely that things simply is as Motom said. That he liked the fighting, and disliked peace.

And i also suspect its more likely 2nd Micheal. Simply because Metatron cant move around.
    Or well the feathers could have come from Metatron.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Where the heck does the idea of PTSD come from?
    From the Author