New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Post from the other tumblr made me laugh so hard.
    Game night with Dave

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

And then Incubus shows up an hour late, and he didn't even bring any snacks...
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Other collected facts about Pankrator Jagganoth, divined from the unknowable conceptual abyss of Abbadon's tumblr:

He's as powerful as the rest of the Seven combined

He's way smarter than he looks

Despite his immense size, he's human

The intensity of his body heat can boil people alive

He refrains from launching his omnicidal crusade against everyone and everything not because he's afraid of being killed by the rest of the Seven, but because he doesn't want to risk them finding a way to imprison him and undo all his hard work, forcing him to build up his forces again.

He alone among the Seven has never known love of any kind (platonic, familial, romantic etc.)

He was raised as a child soldier in something called a Corpse Legion, wherein the soldiers undergo psychological conditioning to consider themselves already dead.

His mask (elephant-skull-thing) represents his self-image

His portion of the multiverse is the least populated amongst the Seven's respective domains because he's purged it of all life deemed unnecessary for the future war effort

If the Seven actually were to play a table-top RPG, he'd min-max his character

Fallible conjecture, conjured from the fevered, undoubtedly false imagination of this humble poster:

The fact that his mask is the way he perceives his true self seems to imply that he views himself as a monster only good for destroying things.

He rammed one of the Angel's Nails into his left eyesocket, this is why only his right eye glows with power

He views the multiverse as inherently and irrevocably corrupt as a result of his experiences during the Multiversal War
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2019-03-05 at 09:09 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Well fair then, i was not aware so much of the tumbler failed to make it to the wiki.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering.

BUT NOW, THERE IS JAGGANOTH

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Also, looks like my theory about his left eye is kaput

7. - Top - End - #217
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandlich View Post
    Also, looks like my theory about his left eye is kaput
    You can not tell a king that his eye can't glow just because there's a nail in it.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #218

Beholder

Jadis doesn't seem to like Incubus a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Jadis doesn't seem to like Incubus a lot.
    They all seem to grudgingly tolerate him, at best. No wonder he betrayed them. I wonder what they have against him in particular though.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Not that his behavior really entice anyone to like him.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    They all seem to grudgingly tolerate him, at best. No wonder he betrayed them. I wonder what they have against him in particular though.
    They don't seem to respect the way he took his throne, I guess they feel he didn't earn it? Certainly doesn't help that he's pretty crazy even by demiurge standards.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

I suspect the problem is he did not take his throne.
    He was given it when Maya just randomly vanished one day.

Thats likely the only way the other demi-urges would not respect.
    But yes, afterwards his erratic behavior has likely not helped him earn any further respect.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2019-03-07 at 06:39 AM.

13. - Top - End - #223

Yeah. He did not Reach Heaven by Violence, he reached it by inheritance.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't think so. "Stolen throne. Wicked ways"
    That does not suggest an inherited throne, or picking up a crown that was abandoned. I imagine that Incubus pulled a pretty nasty trick in order to get his throne; even lower than stabbing your husband in his sleep.

My guess right now is that maybe he had gained his power over dreams before he became a demiurge; like maybe it was a power he developed as an emissary for Maya. And just as he is able to spark people's ambitions so they can strengthen themselves, he can also dull their ambitions so they will ruin themselves. He dulled Maya's ambitions(a task that might have required her trust thus adding betrayal to the mix) which led to her abandoning her throne which he then took. Now THAT sounds like the kind of wicked trick the other demiurges would have no respect for.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Yeah. He did not Reach Heaven by Violence, he reached it by inheritance.
    Not quiet inheritance - more like salvage. Maya abandoned her throne and he essentially got squatter's rights.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah alright, salvage, not inheritance is a likely explanation.
    He was likely the highest ranked advisor when Maya gave up.

Because i dont think there is such a think as to nasty a trick for the demi-urges.
    I mean, if he had managed to kill the ambition of someone without touching their body, then they would likely have baked him a welcome cake

edit.
    Reading though the story again.
    Mammom bought his key. It makes me kinda certain that the only thing the demi-urges would not respect, is not having done anything.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2019-03-07 at 06:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    My guess right now is that maybe he had gained his power over dreams before he became a demiurge; like maybe it was a power he developed as an emissary for Maya. And just as he is able to spark people's ambitions so they can strengthen themselves, he can also dull their ambitions so they will ruin themselves. He dulled Maya's ambitions(a task that might have required her trust thus adding betrayal to the mix) which led to her abandoning her throne which he then took. Now THAT sounds like the kind of wicked trick the other demiurges would have no respect for.
    Haven't thought of that before, but that's a good theory. My own one was that he was the one who helped Maya into her place, and then used her as a pawn until she was sick of that... but your idea is way more plausible.

Also, all these ideas don't spell out a good future for Allison unless she gets rid of Incubus for good.

Oh, and hey, maybe Incubus used to pester the other demiurges in their dreems, too? Now that's what I'd call a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Because i dont think there is such a think as too nasty a trick for the demi-urges.
    I mean, if he had managed to kill the ambition of someone without touching their body, then they would likely have baked him a welcome cake

edit.
    Reading though the story again.
    Mammom bought his key. It makes me kinda certain that the only thing the demi-urges would not respect, is not having done anything.
    Hmyeah, buying the key sounds pretty low. But we don't know how much he had to pay for that; and we don't know how large his key was, back then. It's quite possible, that it was just one of thousand keys back in the days, but Mammon tenaciously clung to it and acquired more and more of the universe. Like Solomon did, and they would respect that.

I'm rather curious how Mottom fared in the universal war. She doesn't look like the kind of guy to go on a conquering spree, but if she simply inherited from her husband AFTER he already conquered the 111111 worlds, there would be no respect for her, either.

But from all the backstories so far, the baseline requirements of becoming one of the seven lords of creation seem rather low. Especially if we compare with the temporarily successful conquerors who later fell prey to these seven victors.

18. - Top - End - #228

Beholder

Mammon did kill his family and clan for his ambition, so the other demiurges might respect him for those actions.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

19. - Top - End - #229

Not quiet inheritance - more like salvage. Maya abandoned her throne and he essentially got squatter's rights.
    I had assumed that he was something like her second in command. He seems quite familiar with her, and he's also the one who rebuilt her army.

Speaking of low baselines for becoming one of hte seven... they are referred to as corpse-gods, amongst other things. It's pretty important for the mood of the story that they aren't grand in any way, but that they rule decaying remnants. They aren't the great first generation demiurges who ravaged the multiverse with fire and steel to build giant empires. They are what's left after everyone else killed each other, squatting in the ruins.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2019-03-08 at 04:18 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230

Beholder

I just noticed that Incubus doesn't have a different coloured speech bubble. Wonder why that I didn't notice sooner.

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    I just noticed that Incubus doesn't have a different coloured speech bubble. Wonder why that I didn't notice sooner.
    I assumed it was because of the low contrast between his light pink color scheme, and white. And turning the base color around (light pink on black, similar to the speech schemas of Mammon and Jadis) would make him a lot more sinister and inhuman than intended?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I have always attributed the colored speech bubbles of the certain angles, demons, the 7 and sometimes their minions; as bits of their Power leaking into their voice, since the art is so concerned with the voice of its wielders.

I think the fact that his speachbubble is vanilla may just mean he has better control over what he says.

That when he looses his cool talking to BIG CHUNGUS in https://killsixbilliondemons.com/com...-thrones-4-29/ and the text turns hot pink seems to validate the theory.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Speaking of low baselines for becoming one of hte seven... they are referred to as corpse-gods, amongst other things. It's pretty important for the mood of the story that they aren't grand in any way, but that they rule decaying remnants. They aren't the great first generation demiurges who ravaged the multiverse with fire and steel to build giant empires. They are what's left after everyone else killed each other, squatting in the ruins.
    The two we've had focus on so far had absolutely lost their fire and their drive - Mottom and Mammon were just rotting in place, until Allison came along and shook them up. Eventually they probably would have been overturned by somebody else, if Allison hadn't happened or Jagganoth didn't succeed in burning everything down first. Solomon so far appears to be alright, but we've really just started looking into his deal, and we've already had Incubus state the argument that he's just as trapped and just as stale as the others - he's not decaying, maybe, but he's not advancing either. We don't know Jadis and Gog-Agog's deals yet, but it's a pretty safe bet they're going to have something preventing them from trying to improve themselves or striving for a bigger goal; and what we've seen so far of the philosophy of Royalty and power in this universe says that if you aren't trying to become more, you may as well be dead.

Jagganoth and Incubus at least have a plan and something they want to achieve, even if 'universal destruction' isn't a popular goal.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

I think its pretty unlikely that someone else would have managed to overturn any of the demi-urges.
    Yes all of them are stuck in some fashion, living their happily ever after being busy ruling 1/7 of everything in creation.
    But they are also immensely powerful. Mottom gave us a pretty clear idea of that when she casually explained
    how her entire palace were constantly being held up by her force of will alone.

And i think its unfair to state all the other demi-urges dont have their own goal.
    Mammom did seem to have fallen into a senile state from his retirement.

But Mottom were busy conquering new worlds to feed her empire.
    While SD is very clearly occupied either making a new generation of potential succecors, or managing squabbles between the 7.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

By goal, I think it is meant none of them are trying to achieve Royalty anymore.

Mottom just wants to survive and her goal is to sustain her existence. Mammon is senile. Solomon wants to achieve Royalty but is too 'distracted' with Ruling his empire. Incubus knows the goal but lusts after the respect of the others. Jag understands the goal but wants to destroy the multi-universe instead. Jadis knows the goal and knows what happens when you achieve it - she knows everything and so just wants to die. Goggy . . . who the hell knows.

26. - Top - End - #236

Goggy . . . who the hell knows.
    Gogs, just wanna have fu-un... gog... a-gog... They, just wanna have fun!

About the senility of Mammon, i'm rather certain that was the effect of being alone in his tower without social interactions. Once the tower was broken, he got better. Or so it seems.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

FATAL FIFTH FINGER

AKA PINKY OF DOOM

Good job Dave, you solved Zoss's diabolical table riddle.
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2019-03-08 at 11:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238

Beholder

Gog-Agog heads lost during this council: 2.

29. - Top - End - #239

As a recently converted John Mulaney fan, I feel obligated to share this masterpiece from Abbadon’s Twitter:

Spoiler
    Show
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

HAIL THE CONQUEROR WORM