New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandlich View Post
    New Offering

HAIL THE CONQUEROR WORM
    Why do I get the feeling that the others might want to call the Pact against Solomon?

And Gog-Agog doesn't look amused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Well of course they would all love nothing more than doing so.
    SD tells them uncomfortable truths, and act like he is better than them (he is).

The problem is he tells uncomfortable truths, and they know it.
    They do need everyone, and especially SD, if they want to have a chance of surviving when the Red God makes his move.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #243
    Colossus in the Playground

The question, of course, is if they still need the pact if they ever happen to defeat the Red God for good.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #244

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    The question, of course, is if they still need the pact if they ever happen to defeat the Red God for good.
    I think they will pick it up. The status quo suits them well.

Of course, the chances that the seven come out of the Third Conquest without problems is nil.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

The Pact is already broken though. Incubus is working directly with the Red God.

6. - Top - End - #246

Yes, but I assume they don't know that.

7. - Top - End - #247

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    The Pact is already broken though. Incubus is working directly with the Red God.
    The pact allows working together, just not turning against the others. As long as the next war has not yet started, all conspiring is legit.

But you're actually right, they are all guilty of undermining their pact. Solomon for buying Zaid. Mammon for selling Zaid. Mottom for attacking Mammon's fortress and Gog-Agog's face. Jadis for deliberately not correcting their assumptions. Jagganoth and Incubus for conspiring against the others. Finally, Gog-Agog is up to something, too.

Solomon probably assumes Jagganoth is going to be the big threat soon, although the pact isn't any less threatening for the rest, either.

But really, this can swing any way now.
    My favorite guess: Goggie destroying Mottom with a single shot, then the others turning against Goggie. In a brawl, Goggie can escape easily - and join forces with "so-cool"-Allison. Don't know if this fits with Incubussie's plans.
    Last edited by Onyavar; 2019-03-13 at 11:50 AM. Reason: I meant "Zaid"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Technically, 001 undermined the pact in Mammon's stead by selling Zaid, Mammon was busy being a Drampa back then
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2019-03-13 at 01:59 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    The pact allows working together, just not turning against the others. As long as the next war has not yet started, all conspiring is legit.

But you're actually right, they are all guilty of undermining their pact. Solomon for buying Zaid. Mammon for selling Zaid. Mottom for attacking Mammon's fortress and Gog-Agog's face. Jadis for deliberately not correcting their assumptions. Jagganoth and Incubus for conspiring against the others. Finally, Gog-Agog is up to something, too.

Solomon probably assumes Jagganoth is going to be the big threat soon, although the pact isn't any less threatening for the rest, either.

But really, this can swing any way now.
    My favorite guess: Goggie destroying Mottom with a single shot, then the others turning against Goggie. In a brawl, Goggie can escape easily - and join forces with "so-cool"-Allison. Don't know if this fits with Incubussie's plans.
    Yeah I don't believe Gog-Agog's act. Not for a second. A huge amount of it is an act to make the others estimate.... her? it? them? What's the proper way to refer to a teeming mass of worms? I'll go with 'it' for now.

Remember. Everybody in that room except Incubus and Mammon killed the previous bearers of their Key, conquered thousands of worlds, and has presumably survived a huge amount of attacks, battles and assassination attempts.

Not saying Gog-Agog isn't easily distracted with ADD, but a good portion of it is DEFINITELY an act, and a working one, as the others seem to regard Gog-Agog as a clown beneath their notice, while the author has explicitly said that even Jagganoth would have difficulty with Gog-Agog in combat and that it could be the strongest demiurge if it weren't for Gog's flights of fancy.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #250

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    Jadis for deliberately not correcting their assumptions.
    I don't think Jadis is capable of correcting their assumptions. At most we have seen her whisper things, and most of her bigger prophecies were interpreted by her priests.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Personally i have a sneaking suspicion that Gog-agog did not kill a bearer of a key.
    It -ate- one after something else had killed it in a sufficiently cataclysmic fight that left no survivors.

And.. as they say.. you are what you eat..
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    I don't think Jadis is capable of correcting their assumptions. At most we have seen her whisper things, and most of her bigger prophecies were interpreted by her priests.
    Possibly. Word of God is that Jadis wants to die, though, so I'm not sure she'd correct their assumptions even if she could.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

SWORD SAINT

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Word of God is that Gog-Agog is the eldest of the Seven by a large margin. Who's to say she wasn't one of the OG Demiurges, who entered Throne without a Key and received one from Zoss (though this implies she wasn't always an iNsANe amalgam of worms).

15. - Top - End - #255

Still thinking Abaddon's going for the Lovecraft allusion on that one.

The nethermost caverns...are not for the fathoming of eyes that see; for their marvels are strange and terrific. Cursed the ground where dead thoughts live new and oddly bodied, and evil the mind that is held by no head. Wisely did Ibn Schacabao say, that happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes. For it is of old rumour that the soul of the devil-bought hastes not from his charnel clay, but fats and instructs the very worm that gnaws; till out of corruption horrid life springs, and the dull scavengers of earth wax crafty to vex it and swell monstrous to plague it. Great holes secretly are digged where earth's pores ought to suffice, and things have learnt to walk that ought to crawl.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

STRENGTH
    W
    O
    R
    D

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Thin kid with the wild hair is definitely Kidcubus.

Makes sense, he was explicitly referred to as a swordmaster by Abbadon when talking about their relative strengths.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Thin kid with the wild hair is definitely Kidcubus.

Makes sense, he was explicitly referred to as a swordmaster by Abbadon when talking about their relative strengths.
    In fact, he's the very best practitioner of Sword Law in the universes (which of course makes him the worst swordsman ever to live).
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    In fact, he's the very best practitioner of Sword Law in the universes (which of course makes him the worst swordsman ever to live).
    Where was it ever stated he was the best?

Meti was explicitly the strongest, and Maya was her only pupil.

My understanding is that the other Demiurges look down on Incubus because he was NOT stronger than Maya, and only acquired her Key and throne when she abandoned them (for unknown reasons that we will hopefully learn in this flashback).

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

My understanding is that the other Demiurges look down on Incubus because he was NOT stronger than Maya, and only acquired her Key and throne when she abandoned them (for unknown reasons that we will hopefully learn in this flashback).
    The point is that mechanically mastering sword law doesn't make you a good swordsman. Incubus has (presumably) learned or stolen Meti's sword techniques, but completely ignored the philosophy and deeper understanding behind them, which in K6BD makes him a terrible swordsman because he doesn't actually understand the point of the exercise and isn't capable of reaching Royalty.

It's almost certain that the alt text on this page describes him.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2019-03-20 at 12:13 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

I was extrapolating slightly- Abaddon says that "some would say" Incubus is the very best at Sword Law, and the alt text for a recent comic refers to Incubus as an "unparalleled master" of it (also mentioning that as he only knows how to kill and maim, he is an exceptionally poor swordsman).

So Incubus is quite possibly better at turning men into ghosts than Maya is. Of course, we just don't really know yet- though we may find out before this book ends. (As a side note, Meti isn't explicitly the strongest- Lord Intra seems to have had a similar grasp of the Principle Art, and is indeed the original, titular King of Swords.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    The point is that mechanically mastering sword law doesn't make you a good swordsman. Incubus has (presumably) learned or stolen Meti's sword techniques, but completely ignored the philosophy and deeper understanding behind them, which in K6BD makes him a terrible swordsman because he doesn't actually understand the point of the exercise and isn't capable of reaching Royalty.

It's almost certain that the alt text on this page describes him.
    Pretty much this.
    Last edited by Professor Gnoll; 2019-03-20 at 12:38 AM.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

New Offering
    Praise the King of Swords, the unparalleled master of the Principle Art!
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The sanctioned action is to cut

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

There Maya, that wasn't so hard now was it?

25. - Top - End - #265

Quite possible. Incubus wasn't a pupil, he was already a student.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Were Meti’s eyes always hot pink‽

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Were Meti’s eyes always hot pink‽
    It's debatable. But they were always reddish and small. We never saw them big, so maybe?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    It's debatable. But they were always reddish and small. We never saw them big, so maybe?
    The worry is - of course - if Kidcubbus could have influenced Meti in any way. Doubt it, but suspicious.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

I seriously doubt kid Incubus could do anything at all to Meti.

Another thought: Given Incubus' power over dreams, it's possible that what we're seeing here isn't what actually happened.

30. - Top - End - #270

No comics this week while Abbadon prepares for the LANCER Kickstarter, which launches on the 8th.

I keep seeing the mech art on his Twitter and it looks incredible, but I haven’t looked into the lore or mechanics of the game at all... probably gonna back it anyway. I stopped doing Kickstarters a while ago, but Abbadon deserves all of my money.
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.