Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Results 451 to 480 of 480
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Quote Originally Posted by SunderedWorldDM View Post
    The man shrugs. "Occasionally, I have been here to keep an eye out for anything... particularly unsavory. As of yet, I've heard only rumors and whispers- I don't mean to cause you undue alarm, but I believe there's going to be some sort of an event occurring in town during the rising of the red star. Would you have any clue what that might be?"

    You all know that the rising of the red star is an astrological effect that occurs once every two years. Its next occurrence is in two days.
    If I had to guess, demon summoning, or something. But I really couldn't tell you. Rebecca let out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    "Whatever it is, maybe we'll find more clues down here."

    She addresses Cori, referring to the remnants of the ooze with a side glance:
    "Feel free to join us, if you like. But be aware that there might be more hazards ahead."

  3. - Top - End - #453
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Cori nods in your direction. As he scans the room, he looks over to the secret door, now ajar. "Is that where we're headed?" he asks.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    "They took some effort to hide that passage," Faye shrugs. "There might be some answers behind."

    "Glim, can you open that door some more?"

  5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Glim uses his mage hand to finish opening the door.

  6. - Top - End - #456
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    The door swings fully open around the central axis. Down the 15-odd foot corridor, you faintly see a cold blue glow illuminating a cluttered space.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  7. - Top - End - #457
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Glim takes a closer look at the items cluttering the space.

  8. - Top - End - #458
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    As you step into the tight passage, you see ahead of you a space cluttered by various large pieces of religious-looking paraphernalia. The blue light comes from braziers scattered about, radiating an intensely hot blue flame. The floor is slick with what appears to be a thin layer of relatively fresh blood.

    As you step through the hall, you hear a click under your feet. Make me a Dexterity save as two large panels of spikes swing out of the wall towards you.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Dex save: (1d20+3)[15]

  10. - Top - End - #460
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    You manage to skirt out of the way, but still get nicked by a few of the spikes. The spike boards retract into the walls again, and you hear a click as a spring reloads.

    Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    Take half rounded down from (2d8)[16].
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2019-11-15 at 12:30 PM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  11. - Top - End - #461
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    "Are you ok?"

    Faye looks down the corridor, trying to spot the trigger of the spike trap.

    Spoiler: Perception check
    Show

    (1d20+4)[17]

  12. - Top - End - #462
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    A well-camouflaged pressure plate is set into the floor. A good hop could bypass it.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  13. - Top - End - #463
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    "Not the best." Glim groans.

  14. - Top - End - #464
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Faye moves down the corridor to join Glim, cautiously avoiding the pressure plate and watching out for further hazards.

    She points the plate out to the others as she passes it: "Careful here!"

    As she reaches the gnome, she puts forth her hand and lays it down on his shoulder. A comforting warmth spreads from her hand as her blessing grants Glim relief from his agony.

    Spoiler: Healing Hands
    Show

    Faye spends 8 of her 30 healing points to restore 8 hit points to Glim.

  15. - Top - End - #465
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Everyone sees the plate and avoids it carefully as they step past into the corridor adjacent to the blue-lit room. Any further preparations or will someone enter?
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  16. - Top - End - #466
    Colossus in the Playground
     
    Illven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Becca pipes up.

    Do you need healing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.
    Avatar by Honest Tiefling

    Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

  17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    "I'm better now. I don't like this place though." Glim replies, also staying at the back of the group and keeping a subtle eye on Cori.

  18. - Top - End - #468
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Faye skeptically observes the room ahead for any hints of further surprises of the unwelcome type.

    Spoiler: Perception check
    Show

    (1d20+4)[22]

  19. - Top - End - #469
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    In the blue-lit room ahead, you hear faint sounds of shuffling, as if something is trying to move quietly, but is producing sound by moving in contact with the stone floor.

    You look about in the room and see hideous sculptures, altars, and other pieces of blasphemous religious paraphernalia about. Your guess is that something (or multiple somethings) is hiding behind one of the larger objects.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    "Come forth and show yourselves!" Faye calls into the blue-lit room.

  21. - Top - End - #471
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    There's a bit of scuffling, then you hear a stage whisper. "Should we do it?" "No! Wait 'till the boss gets back!"
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Faye turns and looks back at her companions, her eyes conveying an unspoken question: What now?

  23. - Top - End - #473
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Glim whispers loud enough that the unknown whispering people can hear "Can I burn down the room now?"
    Last edited by Diceomancer; 2019-12-05 at 10:43 PM.

  24. - Top - End - #474
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    The figures are silent. Either they are petrified into silence, or they are lying in wait for something.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  25. - Top - End - #475
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    "Wait a minute. Let me take a look first."

    Asking once more for Sol's protection, Faye steps carefully into the room. She moves slowly and keeps an eye out for any signs of danger as she explores the room, looking behind the larger objects and into any nooks and hidden corners in order to seek out the source of the whispering.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Once more, Faye renews Sanctuary on herself: Any creature targeting her with an attack or a harmful spell must first make a Wisdom saving throw (DC 12). On a failed save, the creature must choose a new target or lose the attack or spell.

    And another Perception check: (1d20+4)[8]

  26. - Top - End - #476
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Despite her eyes straining a bit against the diminished light of the blue flame, Faye looks about in the room. As she steps in front of a large piece of some arcane shrine, she sees a blur of motion as a figure with a raggedy beard and a torn and dirty red robe jumps out, dagger in hand to ambush!

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20] Sanctuary save.
    (1d20+4)[11] To hit with dagger.
    (1d4+2)[5] Dagger damage.

    You're now in combat. You can currently only see the one cultist.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  27. - Top - End - #477
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2016

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Faye dodges the attack and, in a single smooth motion, answers it with a quick strike against the attacker. She ends her move in a balanced stance facing her foe, angrily glaring at him.

    "Put down that weapon at once, or you will regret it!"

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    The attack fails to hit Faye (AC 15).

    She, in turn, also attacks:
    (1d20+5)[18] to hit with unarmed attack.
    (1d4+3)[6] unarmed damage.

    And she spends a ki point to take the Dodge action as a bonus action (Ki: Patient Defense feat): Until the start of her next turn, any attack roll made against her has disadvantage if she can see the attacker, and she makes Dexterity saving throws with advantage.
    Last edited by Rogue227; 2019-12-12 at 09:11 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #478
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    The cultist stumbles back, clearly having been hit at some pressure point. He rubs his eyes for a moment, but reassumes an aggressive stance.

    Now that you're in the room, you notice that there are two doors, one against either side wall. (Forgot to mention that when you entered.)
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2019-12-12 at 09:54 AM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

  29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    Glim sends a bolt of fire at the visible cultist.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Fire Bolt
    (1d20+5)[17]
    (1d10)[2]

  30. - Top - End - #480
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    SunderedWorldDM's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    TARDIS repair, Gallifrey
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

    The blot lights a part of his oily robe on fire. He shrieks, trying to put out the flame, hopping madly back and forth.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

    Hey, I have an extended signature now!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •