Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: Masters of the Wild IC

Rubbing the tiredness from his eyes Tek approaches the sleeping guard and gives her a shake. "Hey, wake up! The Captain's coming!" he says with feigned urgency. If the guard does wake and is not immediately hostile, Tek will step back with his arms wide and while gesturing to the entire group say, "You have the pleasure to receive the minstrels of Goldwillow, a newly formed band of musicians and performers eager to begin their ascent into fame and renown! It's just your luck that we happened to be passing by when we caught sight of the town, for this town will be known forever and always as the place where our great journey really began!" Tek tried to go grand with these proclamations, but this had never been a strength of his. "What's the name of this town, by the way?"

Spoiler: Deception
    Show
    Disadvantage: (1d20)[16] vs. (1d20)[7]
    Last edited by MintyNinja; 2018-12-04 at 01:46 PM.
    Games GMed
    The Vanstermen: OOC - IC

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

As you whisper in her ear, the half-orc snaps to attention, giving a poor imitation of a salute before she looks confused at you and lowers her hand back at ease. As you talk, she grows more and more perplexed.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20-1)[14]

She snorts. "If you're a band, den were are you's instruments?" She grips her spear while making a shooing motion. "I've's been given instruction from da Mayor to not let anyone in, anyway. So bugger off!"
    Last edited by SunderedWorldDM; 2018-12-04 at 11:43 PM.
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

Hey, I have an extended signature now!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Colossus in the Playground

Rebecca slowly pulls out her flute from her bag and holds it out to show to the guard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Caspar reaches for his pan flute as well, but the guard not letting them pass is worrisome. He pretends to be indignant about the situation, playing off some of their previous experience. "Not let anyone in the town? So we can spend the nights fighting off owlbears and wolves and who knows what else? Surely your mayor wouldn't turn away simple performers to leave them to suffer on the roads."

Spoiler: Persuasion, if relevant
    Show
    (1d20+2)[18]
    Quote Originally Posted by fibericon View Post
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faye moves up to her companions, calmingly raising her hands.

"Let's not argue. The lady is only obeying orders, I guess."

She takes a look around, stretches her arms and yawns extensively.

"It has been a long day of travel. And if we can't enter town and find us an inn for the night, we might as well make camp right here."

Dropping her bundle to the ground, she looks around at her companions, flashing an amiable smile.

"What do you think? Should we start right away with our afternoon practice session? If we play loud enough, we might even attract some audience from town."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Glim pulls out his fiddle. "Works for me."

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

Elmir turns to the guard. "You'll want to cover your ears," he says, and snorts at his own joke.
    Extended Signature, Woo!

Latest Homebrew: Circle of Reclamation the impatient druid, the half dead Ghostwalker, & the commanding College of Marshaling

The forum rises from the depths. Hello again to everyone!

8. - Top - End - #158

The orc snaps to attention. "No, no, that won't be necessary," she grumbles. "I suppose you're authorized. But I will send the mayor a report about this..." She slumps back into her chair, ushering you across the bridge.

You enter the small crossroads that make up the town square of Cadmoor. It's about lunchtime, so you're probably looking for an inn to bed down at. As you scan the square, you see two buildings that look like they may suit your needs- one called the Brilliant Stag, well-cleaned and in a much more elaborate facility (looking like the pricier of the two), and the other the Goat's Head, scummy and dirt-cheap, one more friendly to the rough-and-tumble types. You also see a variety of stores and carts set up around the square, hawking basic wares to the small number of villagers wandering about. It looks almost idyllic.

Where are you going first?
    See that cool Teifling? Thanks, potatopeelerkin! If you want something like it, they have more avatars up for adoption in the thread with the same name...

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Approaching the town square, Faye turns to one of the villagers:

"A good day to you, my friend. What is the name of this beautiful place?"

Show

We're not 100% sure this actually is Cadmoor, right?

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Caspar looks over the quaint little village they have gained entrance to. At least the corruption hadn't take a more sinister hold, but that would only make it that much more difficult to find. He wanders towards the stands and market stalls, curious to see what a small town would be selling.
    This seems like a really cool concept, so I feel like you're going to get a lot of applications. Best of luck sorting through them all. That said, I'm going to do my part to make your job that much harder by adding one to the stack.

11. - Top - End - #161

Rebecca will enter the brilliant stag to see what they have, and how the area looks.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Glim also heads toward the Brilliant Stag.

13. - Top - End - #163

Trying to smooth his pelt to look less ragged, Elmir also heads to the brilliant stag.
    Extended Signature, Woo!

Latest Homebrew: Circle of Reclamation the impatient druid, the half dead Ghostwalker, & the commanding College of Marshaling

14. - Top - End - #164

As the majority of you head towards the Brilliant Stag, you enter the gilded doors and into a lobby space. A blue, marble-like substance covers most every surface, and occasional highlights of gold in intricate designs of cherubs dancing around placid gardens interrupt the stone with their fine craftsmanship. Behind the counter sits a beautiful half-elvish woman, red hair cascading down her sides, who greets you warmly as you enter. To the left, a doorway to a set of stairs, leading up to the rooms and down to a bath service. To the right, you hear the sounds of fine dining and polite laughter- this is a well-to-do restaurant.

Meanwhile, those of you in the market square see relatively unremarkable wares. You see one selling live animals and fresh produce, another selling nothing but scented soaps, yet a third selling a variety of pots of pans of various shapes, sizes and makes.

Show
    If you wanted to make any purchases, you can buy most anything present on that one big table in the PHB. You know the one I'm talking about. You can't buy arcane foci or spellbooks, but everything else is available somewhere around the square.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Noting the others entering the Brilliant Stag, Faye decides to linger some more outside and watch the town life.

She looks around for a place to make herself comfortable, with a good view of the square.

Show
    Maybe there is a well by which she can sit and refill her waterskin, or a bench beneath a tree, or just a house wall to sit down next to and lean against.

Spoiler: Perception
    Show

Trying to get a general impression of the market square and the villagers around. Maybe there are any eye-catching/odd events to observe.

Perception: (1d20+4)[10] (1d20+4)[17] (disadvantage due to exhaustion)

16. - Top - End - #166

Recoiling slightly from the Brilliant Stag's doorway, Elmir decides to instead wait directly outside the building. "I'll, uh, I'll keep watch." He leans on the wall outside, eyeing passerby.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+5)[25] or (1d20+5)[24], whichever is lower.
    Extended Signature, Woo!

17. - Top - End - #167

Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    Recoiling slightly from the Brilliant Stag's doorway, Elmir decides to instead wait directly outside the building. "I'll, uh, I'll keep watch." He leans on the wall outside, eyeing passerby.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    [roll0] or [roll1], whichever is lower.
    Jeez, those rolls!

You don't see anything too out of the ordinary going on right now. Passerby mulling about, raucous activity from the Goat's Head, shopkeeps and merchants trying to sell their wares. No sign of a dangerous cult as far as you can see...

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Glim walks up the the counter. "'ello there. I was wondering how many rooms you had available. Also my friends and I are to this town. Anything special we should see or do while we're here."

19. - Top - End - #169

The woman smiles at you. "We have many rooms available. How many are among you, and how many would you like in a room?"

20. - Top - End - #170

Seven, maybe four to a room? Rebecca offered.

And would it at all be possible to get a little discount? She asked batting her tired eyelids flirtatiously.

Spoiler
    Show

Persuasion (1d20+5)[7]
    Disadvantage (1d20+5)[11]

21. - Top - End - #171
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"That'll work for me, but you might want to check with the ones that need a bit more room," the gnome says.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Seven, maybe four to a room? Rebecca offered.

And would it at all be possible to get a little discount? She asked batting her tired eyelids flirtatiously.

Spoiler
    Show

Persuasion [roll0]
    Disadvantage [roll1]
    The half-elf looks at you politely, but firmly. "I'm sorry, but our rates are set. 7 gold per night per room." She chuckles. "You'd be a lot more persuasive if you clean up. Maybe a bath?" She gestures to the starwell.

23. - Top - End - #173

Rebecca blushes at the chargin, and wanders off.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"Be back after I speak to the rest of my group." Glim says, then goes and tries to gather the rest of the party somewhere away from prying eyes and ears where they can plan strategy.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Caspar mills around before deciding that the wares being sold were unlikely to help in their venture. However, he approaches someone who seems to have a spare moment, and inquires about a local temple or shrine. "I like to pay my respects as soon as I have come to a new place, you understand."

26. - Top - End - #176

You approach a woman, holding the hand of a small golden-haired boy. She looks up at you, then goes "oh! A newcomer. How wonderful! Yes, you'll want to visit the Temple of Fortune. Just down that street there, take a left, you won't miss it," she says as she is pulled forward by the small boy. "Welcome to Cadmoor!" she calls as the boy pulls her towards a gnomish merchant selling small toys.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Seeing that the rest of the group seems to be out investigating separately, Glim heads off to look for a bar or other gathering place where gossip might flow freely.

28. - Top - End - #178

Not wanting the party to become completely split, Elmir follows Glim.
    Extended Signature, Woo!

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Caspar thanks the woman for her time and turns to search for Faye, who he was certain he had seen resting nearby. "Would you care to accompany me to the local temple? I would like to pay a small tithe, but must admit that I do not know the proper ... protocol for such things."

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

Faye brushes off the crumbs of a simple meal of her cowl and rises to her feet. "Sure, let's pay a visit. Many temples receive travellers kindly, especially those willing to donate a small offering."

She lets her eyes wander across the town square and calls out to Rebecca who just exited the Brilliant Stag:
    "Becca! We're heading to the temple. Would you like to join us?"