New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

[Front Room]

Nope, Requiem is always alone.

. . .
    While nobody outside of AMEN knows that yet, she'd thought that at least the people in AMEN would have figured that out by now.

The bird flies down a hallway, turns this way and that, and then appears to go in hallways that ought to bring them in circles. Eventually, however, after the sixth loop, there's a woman - redhead - in the hall, leaning against the wall. The bird flies to her; she holds out a finger; the bird lands and then dissolves.

"You made it," she says. "It's just right...there. Try not to fall in, it looks like there might be something sharp on the ground."
    She points at a crack in the ground, near the wall just over there."Do you have some way to climb down, or...?" Requiem leaves the question hanging.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-07-02 at 11:09 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #482

Approach

"There is no reason to fall back onto violance." The door says. As it opens it adds. "Please fill out the form then. It makes things easier."

Inside will be a henchman standing with the paper and a pen. If the guy needs someone to read him what he needs to fill he will help.
    Unless he bothers the henchman who run around in the Main hall any futher or any of the members who might be around, he will be guided to a room not far away. The room is rather play. it only got a big desk with an office chair behind it and two normal chairs in front. The only other objects here are the picture behind the office chair on the wall and some holes likly for cameras. A man is already sitting in the office chair pointing at the free chairs. He looks rather commone. He wears a black shirts and some jeanes, his boots are hiden behind the table.
    "Take a seat and tell me about you."

((IF your guy will do something at any point just go on there. I jjust thought it might speed things up a bit.))
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #483
    Pixie in the Playground

[Front Room]

Shuyoru does figure it out when he finally gets to the redhead, a woman that looks totally different from the Requiem he's come to know. "Multiple bodies, huh? And here I thought maybe you could clone yourself."

He looks in the direction she points. "No... is there a grappling hook or ladder around?"
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

4. - Top - End - #484

[Hallway]

"Clones are weird." She shakes her head.

She carefully walks over to the widest area of the crack, careful to not fall in. "Probably," she says. "You could check one of the rooms around here."

She crouches by the crack.

"Meanwhile, I -"
    Requiem places her hands on the edge, and then lowers herself so that she's dangling down the hole. "- will worry about how to get back up later."

She looks down, to make sure she'll land on somewhere decent, and then drops below.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hallway]

Considering there exists a soldier in his world who has been nicknamed the 'one-woman army', he doesn't think cloning is weird. "Got it." He starts to leave in order to check the rooms for something that'd help, pausing and turning when she continues to speak.

She just jumps in without waiting for a rope? A perk of having multiple bodies, then. Besides, since he's about to go and get one, she won't be stranded for long.

He returns with a long grappling hook and rope wrapped around his shoulder. What he actually uses to climb down, however, is torn dresses and old bedsheets tied together to make a rope, with an ice pick serving as the grappling hook. The actual grappling hook is in case something goes wrong, or if they should need to climb up together, maybe to carry something up. "I'm here!"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-07-03 at 03:31 PM.
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #486

[Hallway]

Well,
    It's not just that, but also Requiem is confident in her ability to find a way out. There's never been a situation that she's been unable to get out of, so her confidence soars.

"By the way," she asks, "you have a light? Lava and stuff usually is good enough to light up down here, but some of the rooms can get pretty dark." Of course, that's not a problem if you can see in the dark. Requiem can't, but she seems fine anyway. She doesn't really plan on going somewhere she can't see, anyway.

She steps over rubble and junk to get to the door - they descended into a room - and steps out into the hallway. There's veins of glowing lavalike substances along the walls, so it's not that hard to see once your eyes adjust to nightvision.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Orc in the Playground

Approach

"There is always a reason for violence. It is not always a good enough reason, however." The Steel Inquisitor strides in, taking the form and frowning at it. He can read, despite the lack of eyes; he concentrates, and makes out the letters by the different metal content in ink compared to paper.

Spoiler: Form
    Show
    Name: Skarn
    Species: Human.
    Profession: Steel Inquisitor.
    Reason for joining AMEN: I got stuck here, and this seemed the best use of my time and abilities.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: Allomancy.
    References (Victims preferred): My victims are dead, not sure how they're going to give references.
    Past Experience: Policing the Final Empire and ensuring the relevant laws were enforced.
    Other Information: I am not sure what to put here.

The man looks at the chair and turns it to one side before sitting down, one arm over the back. "What exactly do you wish to know? My family is dead, some of them I killed myself. The Canton of Inquisition does not exist here, and the Lord Ruler's writ does not extend this far- which is good. I do not have to do his bidding if he is not here to bid me. I have no friends, my colleagues are far from here, and nobody here knows why they should fear me." Skarn grins at the last, seeming happy- though it's a vicious type of happy.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #488
    Pixie in the Playground

[Hallway]

"Sure." Shuyoru does something with the beads on his left wrist, and light emanates from it, illuminating their environment. He can't see in the dark right now, too.

"So, looking at AMEN stuff... have you ever heard of a Harley Zorzo?" He has no intention of telling Requiem that he's in contact with Harley and considers her his friend, asking out of seeming curiosity. "What do you know of her." He asks, following her.
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #489

[UnderHallway]

Requiem walks down the hallway, keeping a note of what direction they're going. "The farther we get from the crack, the more likely we are to find something interesting," she explains. Other people likely already picked clean the close rooms.

She opens her mouth to answer, but then asks something instead: "A her? Kind-of sounds like a guy's name, to be honest. Must be a tomboy or something."

Well.
    She thinks about it.
    "Nope. Never heard of her," she says. "Why, were you looking for a hookup or something?" She jokes.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

Shuyoru also takes the initiative and logs the directions they take, with the crack as the starting point. Figures they'd need to go deeper. It'd be nice if they could find something power-augmenting, so he'd be able to do other races like Harley can. He can't become a bunny-man if he wanted.

"Why, are you offering?" He shoots back with a grin. "I find it hard to believe, however, unless she was either before your time or the period you were gone to deal with family business. She was a leader of AMEN, after all. Wore a mask around the place. I did some research on some of the past AMEN leaders."
    Love is the message.

11. - Top - End - #491

[UnderHallway]

"Sure," Requiem says: "if you want me to be your wingman, I'd do it."

She thinks back: "Oh, a mask?" She thinks some more. "Yeah, I guess I've heard of her, then. Or, rather, I ran into what must've been her old bedroom once. Henchmen say she never wore the mask around here, though. I heard she didn't really do anything, and, get this: apparently she was technically not even a member here." Kinda funny, right?
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

"No, I meant... nevermind, I have a girlfriend, anyway. An open relationship, sure, but still." Shuyoru makes a handwave motion.

Seems the mention of a mask jogged her memory, however. An AMEN leader that never really did anything? Figures, Harley didn't seem like the particularly villainous type. He wonders what she'd think when he eventually tells her this. "Not a member?" Now he's interested, seeing as the woman herself refused to say anything about it. Not that it matters much, but he's still curious. "How's that possible?"
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #493

[UnderHallway]

Requiem shrugs. "No idea," she says. She keeps on walking.

"That doesn't really make any sense, does it?" She laughs. "Ha! Well, that's what I heard, at least."

They make a turn and the hallway becomes slanted sideways just a little, as if they're walking sideways on a slope. "Think this is far enough, or should we keep on going?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

"But... how does a non-member become a leader? Was she a secretary... do secretaries count as members? Or perhaps an intern? Maybe the last leader before her put her in charge?" Shuyoru speculates, continuing to follow her.

Hmm, weird floor. "Let's look around a little, first. We can keep going after, should it be necessary."
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #495

[UnderHallway]

Requiem shrugs.
    "No idea. Intern, probably?" she suggests.

"Definitely wasn't the previous leader, though," she says. "You know that woman who Vigil came to rescue?" And because that was a clone, she ended up coming to help Vigil instead? "That's her."

There's a room.
    Well, there's several rooms.
    But, since Shuyoru didn't pick one, Requiem just goes into one of them that has some glowing mushrooms in it.

The room's largely empty, and is slanted upwards. There's a broken computer lying on its face, a couple stools and chairs that have broken, and a desk that's toppled over that the computer probably used to be on.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

"Intern makes sense... and the previous leader before this Harley defected to VIGIL? Wow. Seems a lot of former AMEN either defected or straight-up left. We need to go on a recruitment drive." Shuyoru would like to help Zefir restore AMEN, after all!

He starts to point to a room, but drops his arm and follows Requiem instead. "I wonder if those mushrooms are edible..." Not that he's going to eat random things that he doesn't know the effect of. "Let's have a look-see at this computer." He lifts the computer upright, and tries to search for a hard drive, or anything useful.
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #497

[Underhallway]

"They might be edible," Requiem says. She might want to check out that desk, but it's a little too dark over there. "Glowing mushrooms are sometimes edible."
    Instead, she looks over at him with the computer.

It has a hard drive.
    It actually has lots of things computers have. The monitor's smashed in, and the frame of the tower is bent and busted, but most of the internal circuitry is fine. "You like computers?" Requiem asks.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Pixie in the Playground

[Under-hallway]

"Sometimes...?" Shuyoru decides to pluck and pocket some so he can get someone to examine it later. Unless Requiem wants to eat one to show how edible it is, that is. "Who doesn't like computers? Or don't you?" She might not like computers, she might not even be used to them.

He gets to trying to ensure the computer will turn on, figuring he can always loot the hard drive if that ends up failing. Unless there is no electricity, in which case it would be simpler to just loot the hard drive and read its contents later.
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #499

[UnderHallway]

Requiem scoffs: "Why would I like computers?" she asks.
    She walks over to him. "The only thing they can do well is counting numbers."

The computer takes a while, but it does turn on. It's an old computer, after all. It makes some beep noises and the fan turns on.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

He blinks at her, then chuckles. "I'm guessing you're not from a location where computers are everywhere. Where I'm from, computers have advanced to the point that they have a lot of uses, for they make things faster and easier. Communication, entertainment, searching for information... that kind of thing."

Shuyoru notes that the computer turns on, but without a monitor, it's useless. He scans the thing to see if it's hackable, if there's some way for a more advanced external computer to read its contents.
    Love is the message.

21. - Top - End - #501

[UnderHallway]

Requiem laughs back, and chooses to not correct how many computers there are where she's from.
    "All those things can be done better and easier without a computer, so my point still stands."

There are a couple ports, but they're kind-of old. If you've got the right kind of hookup, you could probably deal with it.

She crouches down by it. "I'll carry it for you."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

"Ah, a Luddite. Though I notice that you use magic and I don't." Which explains things. One could very well think 'why use a computer when magic could do the same thing', after all.

When she offers to carry it out, he nods. "Thank you. Anything else you want to check out before we look at other rooms?"
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #503

[UnderHallway]

Requiem picks up the computer tower.

She glances around. Well, maybe there was that? But...it's probably nothing. Most everything's gone from this room, anyway.
    She shrugs, and turns back. "Nope. There's probably better things farther in, anyway."

She carefully makes her way out of the tilted room, because she doesn't want to fall over on her way out.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

"Let's go a bit farther in, then." Shuyoru suggests as they walk out of the room. When they get far enough inside, he'll pick a room this time.

"So, what sort of magic do you use to have various bodies?" He asks as they walk.
    Love is the message.

25. - Top - End - #505

[UnderHallway]

Requiem walks down, preferring to keep on pace or slightly ahead of Shuyoru - but keeping an eye on him for when he takes a different room.

"That's a se-cret," she says in a playful tone.

But she doesn't leave it at just that.
    Instead, she then says, "It's not magic. It just is." In an attempt to explain it, she adds, "If you mean how I control multiple bodies, that's something like telepathy. Like, y'know, psychic stuff, I guess."

"But, taking your question literally..." She shrugs. "It's just manipulation. Basic stuff. Can't really call that in particular magic any more than you can call cutting off someone's finger 'magic'."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

Shuyoru decides that he quite likes this lady. "I understand. My ability to shapeshift into any human, male or female, isn't magic either. We're in the Nexus, though, so I figured it was some form of magic. So, you manipulate people's minds in such a way that you can replace their personalities with yours?"

When they've gone a ways further, he'll point to a room. "Let's check here, looks promising."

The room has a computer, a magically-cooled jar containing two syringes containing a yellow ooze-like substance and a thick file, all emblazoned with the Umbrella Corp logo. These things are locked behind a gate, held shut by a combination lock. Save for a few dusty chairs and desks, the room is otherwise empty.

Shuyoru gets started on picking the lock, and Requiem can explore the area. "So how'd you join AMEN, in the first place?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-07-18 at 02:01 AM.
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #507

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Approach

"There is always a reason for violence. It is not always a good enough reason, however." The Steel Inquisitor strides in, taking the form and frowning at it. He can read, despite the lack of eyes; he concentrates, and makes out the letters by the different metal content in ink compared to paper.

Spoiler: Form
    Show
    Name: Skarn
    Species: Human.
    Profession: Steel Inquisitor.
    Reason for joining AMEN: I got stuck here, and this seemed the best use of my time and abilities.
    Special skills/items you believe will aid/have decided to contribute to AMEN: Allomancy.
    References (Victims preferred): My victims are dead, not sure how they're going to give references.
    Past Experience: Policing the Final Empire and ensuring the relevant laws were enforced.
    Other Information: I am not sure what to put here.

The man looks at the chair and turns it to one side before sitting down, one arm over the back. "What exactly do you wish to know? My family is dead, some of them I killed myself. The Canton of Inquisition does not exist here, and the Lord Ruler's writ does not extend this far- which is good. I do not have to do his bidding if he is not here to bid me. I have no friends, my colleagues are far from here, and nobody here knows why they should fear me." Skarn grins at the last, seeming happy- though it's a vicious type of happy.
    Approach

"We barly got anything to do with family." Zefir replys. "Only guys that might come for revenge are important. I like to know if a new member means a new enemy." He appears to move less. I am not sure how his vision works, vurt I gues he won't notice that there is something off. In fact it is just a henchamn who zefir pprojects his appereance over. Safty measure so to say.

"Knowing you are more or less without any attachment, I like to know what you think AMEn can give you. Also are there plans of yourself you wanna start while AMEn helps you?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #508
    Orc in the Playground

Approach

"Well, there shouldn't be anyone seeking revenge. Not enough people survive my attentions for there to be anything else." Skarn's vision works primarily through Allomantic iron/steel, lots of blue lines making up the world around him. Thicker lines for things he can affect, thinner ones for things he can't. Colour is hard for him to determine, and as the illusion includes no metals, Skarn can't see it at all.

He thinks a moment when asked what he thinks AMEN can provide him, and what he wants from the organisation. "Sanctuary and stability. This world is not Scadrial, there are things here I am not familiar with. I would like to be feared. Recognised and feared. I do not necessarily wish to lead or command, but I wish to be feared."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

29. - Top - End - #509

[UnderHallway]

"Basically, yeah. That's close enough to it," Requiem says. Not exactly, though. More like spirit and soul manipulation, instead of minds.

She walks into the room, and looks around. She goes over to one of the sturdiest-looking desks and feels it. Presses down on it, to make sure it'll stand up. She places the computer tower on the desk, and starts to look through the desk drawers while waiting. There's really nothing else to look through, since everything else is behind the gate.

"There was an audition," she responds. "I auditioned. That's how I joined."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

"Close enough?" What could it be, if not exactly that? Something more to think about, though in this case it's the effect that matters.

The desk she chooses is sturdy enough to hold the tower. All but the last drawer contains nothing of note, but the last contains some personal scientist notes that contains progress details about a project to make shapeshifting ooze soldiers from eldritch samples. Apparently, this scientist was a part of a division aiming to create a means to augment living creatures to give them the ability to shapeshift using those same samples.

There's also drawings of moe-eyed girls... a lot of them.

"An audition? How'd that go?" He has an idea, but it could be different from what actually happened. "I've almost got it, by the way." Regarding the lock.
    Love is the message.