New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

[UnderHallway]

Requiem flips through the science notes.
    In this lighting, it's pretty hard to tell what exactly it says. something something shapeshift something girl girl girl. Probably something this guy might like to read about.
    She chooses to not say anything until the lock is undone: distracting him from unlocking it will just set it back.

So, she answers his question: "Literally an audition. Spoke with Gordon, talked about goals, powers, and vision. He chose who joined in. Heist afterwards." She shrugs and wanders over to him to watch the lock being finished. With better lighting over here, she could probably read through it a bit more. "Some people thought they'd have better chances if they killed everyone else who was waiting in line with them. I thought they were dumb; senselessly advertising your strengths and weaknesses like that is just a way to show off how easily manipulated you are."

Once the lock's finished, she shoves the notes to him. "Here. You might find this interesting."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #512

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Approach

"Well, there shouldn't be anyone seeking revenge. Not enough people survive my attentions for there to be anything else." Skarn's vision works primarily through Allomantic iron/steel, lots of blue lines making up the world around him. Thicker lines for things he can affect, thinner ones for things he can't. Colour is hard for him to determine, and as the illusion includes no metals, Skarn can't see it at all.

He thinks a moment when asked what he thinks AMEN can provide him, and what he wants from the organisation. "Sanctuary and stability. This world is not Scadrial, there are things here I am not familiar with. I would like to be feared. Recognised and feared. I do not necessarily wish to lead or command, but I wish to be feared."
    Approach - Office

That means he will just notice someone sittign there but ot speaking while the voice still appears clear as if someone is next to him.

"So what about likeminded allys?" he asks "How will you treat them or will you want them to fear you?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #513
    Orc in the Playground

Office

Skarn doesn't mention the fact he knows the person he's talking to isn't really present, wanting to keep the exact capabilities of his eyesight secret- or as secret as possible.

"I have not had any before. A little fear in them is good, I think. But I do not want them to fear me as much as others do. I will need to work alongside them, and probably fight and kill alongside them too. I do not wish to alienate anyone, after all." Fear in his allies is good, as it means they are not powerful enough to dispose of him- if they can even figure out how. It's a difficult prospect, even in Scadrial where people know more about Steel Inquisitors and what they can do. Too much fear, however, and they won't support him if he encounters something he can't deal with alone. He's new to the Nexus, after all, and the Metallic Arts are not the only form of magic present in the Nexus.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #514
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

"Heist? That must have been interesting. Tell me about it." Shuyoru's definitely interested in learning about the heist, and what they scored. He frowns a little and shakes his head when she mentions those aiming to get in by thinning the herd. "I agree, those are the actions of small-minded individuals who use violence to get their way." He prefers guile. "Ah, got it."

The lock opens and the man in the shape of a boy swings open the gate. He accepts the notes from her and scans it, getting very interested. "Hmm... interesting. Thanks, Req. Can I call you Req? If not, then Rekkie?" He says the last part as a joke.

He fiddles around with the computer until it comes on... after which it asks for a password. "Figures." He says, turning his attention to the thick file and scanning it, positioning it in such a way that Requiem can also have a look-see. "So, Umbrella exists in this world and not just in video games, because of course it does." He rolls his eyes, seems Harley's rubbing off on him. "They were working on creating soldiers from bits of some eldritch lady. There's mention here of a side-project aiming to create material that can help give one ooze powers, and I have been seeking a way to boost my shapeshifting ability..." He seems to look disappointed. "But there was little success with that, apparently... do you know of any AMEN master password we could try?" He asks, as he searches the file again for whatever could be a password.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #515

[UnderHallway]

"It wasn't really that interesting," Requiem says about the heist. "There was a helicopter."

She walks through the gate and looks around. "You can call me Requiem, if you want," she says. "For the password...maybe try 'password'? Or 'abc123' and other stuff like that."

"Making soldiers from some lady? That's weird." She glances through the things. "Actually, oozes are kinda cute. How far along was the side-project? I'd be okay with testing it."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

"Let me be the judge of that." Shuyoru smirks a bit at her response. "If I want? So Req is okay, then." In a way, he's using her own words against her. She did say something to the effect of 'just say exactly what you mean' now, didn't she?

"Something tells me whoever owns this computer won't use something so easy to crack like 'password' or 'abc123'." He keeps scanning the file for any place that'd have a password. "Nothing... gonna have to bruteforce it. Hooray for coming from a high-tech society." He taps his wrist, and a holographic interface comes up. After establishing a link with the computer, he starts trying to bruteforce the password. "This may take a while."

The file does mention that the two syringes in the jar are the said 'side-project'. He opens the jar and takes them out. "So, one for you and one for me? It was pretty far along, but apparently there's a chance it could kill the user. We'll find more info once we can get into this system." Well, this body is just one of many of Requiem's, apparently, so why not? "If anything happens to this body of yours, who's going to keep me company while I'm down here?" He adds with a grin.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-07-18 at 01:59 AM.
    Love is the message.

7. - Top - End - #517

[UnderHallway]

"You never know," Requiem says with a shrug. "Sometimes people just choose dumb passwords." Even smart people.

While waiting for him to crack the computer, Requiem walks over to grab the syringe that's for her. "It'll be more fun if we both use it at the same time," she claims. "I guess you won't use yours until you feel like it's safe, so that means I have to wait for that, too."

She holds the syringe up to her eyes and looks at it. "Looks gross."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

"You got that right, I'm not the one with multiple bodies, if it kills us you have blondie waiting for you up there." Shuyoru replies. "Let's see what the computer has to say first, it could have more information." He looks at his syringe and has to agree. "Well, it is made from ooze material... that it's yellow only adds to the grossness factor."

The password is revealed to be 'mindgam3s' and they're in! "Now, let's see, here..." The computer opens up to reveal a simple umbrella wallpaper and a file system. Opening one of them reveals some documents, but right now Shuyoru's more interested in the side-project, so he looks for that. "Side-project, side-project... oh, here's one!"

He opens up a document concerning the two syringes they have in their possession. Apparently, it's the latest update, and says that these two syringes are the most stable ones they've gotten so far, which means there's a higher chance of success. Based on the date of the last update, it's been a long while since the owner of this computer's used it. Definitely another deadtimed organization, which explains why it's in this part of AMEN's base.

Requiem is probably reading along, but Shuyoru reads aloud all the same. "... so that means it could work, even if it's untested. Wanna try it now? I have lots to live for, but you only live once." He won't be saying that anymore, soon enough. "Besides, my girlfriend and I have stored embryos, just in case anything happens to me."
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-07-18 at 09:39 PM.
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #519

[UnderHallway]

"Dying is actually kinda painful," Requiem says. She does read over his shoulder as he reads.

She thinks about it. If one of them dies, that'll make it harder for whoever to carry stuff back. But...
    "If I die, you can have my stuff." Besides, what's the worst that could happen? she wonders. She loses a little power, that's all. Just in case, the upstairs blondie decides to leave the living room and find the part in the hallway that's closest to directly above them. It'll take a few minutes, so hopefully this isn't a quick death. "And tell my wife that I -"

She cuts herself off and jams the syringe into her neck, in the external jugular vein. Gotta make sure it circulates as fast as possible, right? That'd get it to the heart the quickest.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

10. - Top - End - #520

Office

Skarn doesn't mention the fact he knows the person he's talking to isn't really present, wanting to keep the exact capabilities of his eyesight secret- or as secret as possible.

"I have not had any before. A little fear in them is good, I think. But I do not want them to fear me as much as others do. I will need to work alongside them, and probably fight and kill alongside them too. I do not wish to alienate anyone, after all." Fear in his allies is good, as it means they are not powerful enough to dispose of him- if they can even figure out how. It's a difficult prospect, even in Scadrial where people know more about Steel Inquisitors and what they can do. Too much fear, however, and they won't support him if he encounters something he can't deal with alone. He's new to the Nexus, after all, and the Metallic Arts are not the only form of magic present in the Nexus.
    Office

"Very well." Zefir replies. "I think that's enougth. Welcome to AMEN.
    As a short briefing, we are currently trying to rise up again, mayn members disapeared as it is the essence of the nexus. If you got any plan just share them with me and we will see how they fit in. For now we make plans in getting people under our controll, either by the means of fear or addiction."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Orc in the Playground

Office

"Do you want me to go and spread fear? That I can do, easily and willingly." Skarn grins viciously at the idea of going to cause some fear somewhere.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

"Why, have you died before?" Shuyoru asks, half-jokingly, but if she has multiple bodies, it makes sense to have lost one to death at some point. "I'd say thanks, but then blondie Req's still kicking and will lay claim to whatever stuff you have." Unless she means her inventory, which makes sense too.

"You have a wife? And here I was, thinking of hitting on you-" He cuts himself off when he jams the needle into his own jugular vein and injects the liquid.

The power-boosting serum seems to do nothing until it reaches their hearts and then spreads round their body, whereupon it starts rewriting their genetic code, a process that'd cause so much pain they might start wishing they were dead. Enough pain to force them on the ground, writhing in agony. It will be worth it, for they will find their powers boosted... assuming they survive the process, and there's a very low chance of that happening.

Shuyoru drops to the ground and writhes in agony for the period of time that it takes to do its work. His shapeshifting ability thus far has been a function of spiritual energy his body utilizes to shift his biomass, but now the power-boosting serum makes his genetic code so much more malleable that he can achieve the same effect, and even more, just by manipulating his own body alone. He remains on the ground for several minutes, then goes still. He's still alive, but the process nearly killed him.

They'll be down for long enough for blondie Requiem to find their location, and perhaps even drop down if she so chooses. In the unlikely event that redhead Requiem survives the process, that body might gain some enhanced powers of its own, perhaps one even relating to her soul-based power (in addition to enhanced senses, strength, speed, durability and agility).

Eventually, though, he gets up. "That hurt." Understatement of the year, Shuyoru. "My body feels... hungry. Are you still alive, Req?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-07-20 at 04:14 PM.
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #523

[UnderHallway]

Actually, the last time she had one die on her was her original body.

But, really? That's it? Requiem was kind-of hoping for something more exotic. But just things she could basically already do on her own, so long as she had enough preparation and creativity...if she knew beforehand, she probably would have said it wasn't worth it.

upstairs
    Great.
    Sure, the body's dead but it's soon enough that she knows she could fix what's wrong. The blonde woman paces around, trying to decide what to do. She can still sort-of feel the part of her that's downstairs, but it feels corrupted. She's going to have to dispose of all of that. It feels similar to how her brother does. She needs to dispose of it quickly, so that the same thing doesn't happen. She obviously can't draw it up here because then that could risk corrupting the rest of her.
    Just leaving the body down there would be the easiest, but...retrieving it is probably the only way she can keep the rest of herself safe.

She kneels down onto the floor, and sends half of herself down, to immediately begin removing as much of that injection as possible, and to quarantine her 'self' that was with that body.

back downstairs
    Requiem's eyes open, and she rolls over. She starts vomiting up corrupted stuff and injection and whatever isn't necessary for survival. She feels awful and sickly, but...
    After wiping the blood off her mouth, Requiem stands and leans against the gate. "Nope, I'm dead." She goes through her pockets, and finds her wallet. She tosses it over at the shapeshifter.

...Ugh.
    Her mouth tastes awful. Very blood, much gross.
    "Actually, I'm single," she corrects. "I was just hoping to see you panic when you realized you had no idea what you were supposed to say."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Pixie in the Playground

[UnderHallway]

Yeah, but Shuyoru doesn't know that.

"Requiem?" Shuyoru feels horrible: weak, body throbbing and hungry for some reason, but he manages to force himself up to a standing position, leaning against the computer desk. She gets up and he breathes a sigh of relief, watching her puke up lots of stuff. "Wha... oh, the body's dead but you're keeping it alive." He manages to catch the wallet and opens it, looking inside. "I don't need this, y'know. Want it back?"

Shuyoru stumbles forward to have a closer look at the matter she vomited up, preparing a handkerchief to use to wipe his hand. He pokes at the vomitus, and his hand slurps the mixture into his body. While he is shocked at what just happened, he's disgusted first and foremost. That was just in her stomach! "Eww..." That soon passes and he looks at his hand in shock. That actually happened!

Due to the blood and cells, he feels even less hungry, but it's not enough. He also did suck up more of the injection, which causes him to fall down on all fours and groan, more in exertion than in pain as his body further changes, but it quickly passes. "You're... evil." He laughs at her admittance of the desire to see him panic.

Finally getting up, he looks straight at redhead Requiem. "So, you're single. Wanna go out sometime?" He's fully expecting to get rejected, but comes out with it anyway. "I think we should find a way out of here, hand over the tower to blondie, grab a bite to eat and return her to keep searching." He looks up, searching for any cracks they can go through.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-07-23 at 01:13 AM.
    Love is the message.

15. - Top - End - #525

[Underhallway]

"Was dead," she corrects. "It was dead." But is now back to operating condition.
    But, sure, she'll accept her wallet back.

Requiem is understandably grossed out by what Shuyoru does. Actually, it wasn't just in her stomach, but a lot of it was in her bloodstream and all over, too. But she goes back to that desk to pick up the tower.
    "A-are you sure you're alright?" He did just eat something disgusting. "I mean, you said you already have a girlfriend."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Pixie in the Playground

[Underhallway]

"Ah, I see." Shuyoru won't hand over the wallet before browsing its contents, though, but he eventually throws it back to her.

"I... don't know..." Shuyoru can only say in response. "Oh, yeah I do, but neither of us would mind. She's more of a mistress of mine, anyway." Mistress, lifelong bodyguard and girlfriend... he does love her, though.

He follows her, staring at his hand. After a short pause, he just has to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "You saw what happened, right? That wasn't just my imagination? I poked the injection part, thinking about what a waste it was, and my hand ate everything you vomited!" He grimaces once again as he says it. "Wait, let's see if it at least works as advertised. Let me shapeshift real quick."

And he does! He thinks of his desired result, and transforms into a near-perfect copy of redhead Requiem. Much faster than normal, too! Near perfect, though, in that redhead Requiem doesn't have bunny ears, for one. "How do I look?" She asks her 'twin', reaching up to feel the bunny ears. "Woah, it worked! I could only shapeshift to humans before that injection!"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-07-24 at 09:31 PM.
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #527

There's not really that much in the wallet: she doesn't go out with this body often, after all. Just some money, an ID, a couple old cards and things, etc.

"I much prefer teasing than actual relationships, anyway." Requiem shrugs.
    Did she see that? "Yeah, it was pretty gross. I'd recommend you go get a check-up or something." Really disgusting.
    She grabs the computer tower and goes to the door of the room, but pauses to look at him as she turns into not-quite-her. "Pretty cute," she says. "Nice ears. Do you also have the tail? Could get a job as a playboy bunny or something."

She thinks. "Is there anything else you can do? Like, become someone significantly larger or someone with weird superpowers or who can fly or with natural magic or whatever?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

18. - Top - End - #528
    Pixie in the Playground

[Underhallway]

"Figures." She seems the type. "Well then, we can continue to tease and flirt with each other for fun even if it doesn't go anywhere, right?" Shuyoru winks at her. "I do intend to get a checkup, rest assured." He basically just got two injections, one of which had been in her.

Altogether now: 'eww!'

Redhead Shuyoru poses sexily when complimented, and reaches back to feel for a tail. There's none, so he shapeshifts that and grins. "Hey, hun. Come here, you, come closer." She says in as sultry a voice as she can make Red's voice, then grins.

Redquiem asks her question, and Shuyoru doesn't miss a beat. "That's a good question. Let's find out!" She shapeshifts into a dremora from Skyrim with wings, but is not much larger than Redquiem. When he speaks, it's with a deep, gravelly demonic voice. "Feels like I need more biomass to be larger... waitaminit." He ate something with his hand. Could it be... "Ever play the game [PROTOTYPE]? I have underlings that play it. I might need to consume some more to get larger. Can I try it on one of the henchmen, or perhaps..." He eyes Requiem's redhead body for a little while.
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #529

[Underhallway]

Requiem looks at Shuyoru. That tail looks so fluffy and she wants to touch it! But she's also a little jealous because she kind-of wants a body that looks like that too. Well, she kind-of does have one, but...
    She bites her lower lip.

"No, never played that," she says.
    "To be honest, I would prefer not to be eaten," Requiem says. "Not really my thing." She turns to walk out of the doorway, back into the hallway. Besides, keeping this body as-is is the greatest chance of not having that spiritual corruption spreading.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

20. - Top - End - #530

Office

"Do you want me to go and spread fear? That I can do, easily and willingly." Skarn grins viciously at the idea of going to cause some fear somewhere.
    Office

"In the future, yes." Zefir replies. "We are still putting up plans. You can get in touch with other members for now. You can call me later and I might have something. Just ask the others about the Red Zone of Inside and Skyside, it will help."

21. - Top - End - #531
    Orc in the Playground

Office

"That I shall do. Oh, right. Where can I find you? The real you, not this simulacrum you're masquerading as?" The Steel Inquisitor stands up and tucks the chair back in. He's eager to meet his new colleagues, and possibly go off and do something that spreads fear.

22. - Top - End - #532

Office

"Don't worry. " he says. He sure is disapointed as it seems like everyone can see through that near perfect illusion. Well someone like him wouldn't notce and all his 'guests are special in their own way. "Just talk to a henchman they will get us in conntect. This is all just a safty measure."

23. - Top - End - #533
    Pixie in the Playground

[Underhallway]

Shuyoru returns back to the form he was using a few minutes ago and raises up his hands. "Okay! I just figured since you have multiple bodies and all... but I hear ya."

He follows her out into the hallway. "Hey, I thought we were going back topside to find a bite to eat before coming back. Aren't ya hungry?"
    Love is the message.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Orc in the Playground

Office

Skarn didn't even see the illusion. In a very real yet totally misleading sense, Skarn can't see at all. "I shall do that, if I need you. Good day to you, sir." The Inquisitor bows quite low and turns to leave, looking for any other members he could meet and get to know his colleagues and coworkers.

25. - Top - End - #535

[Underhallway]

"...yeah? I know," Requiem says. They have to go back into the hallway and backtrack.

Unless...

"Oh!" Realization dawns in her eyes. "You going to use your new powers to see if you can drill through the ceiling or something?" she asks. "It'd be a lot faster to get back," she reasons, seeing the benefits of his idea, "and it'd make it a lot easier to get back here later rather than having to walk the whole way back."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Pixie in the Playground

[Underhallway]

"Yeah, now you're getting it!" Shuyoru smiles and nods, happy she gets it and happier still as she reasons the merits of his suggestion. He's already positioning himself above a tiny crack that looks brittle enough to break through, priming his body for action.

He doesn't realize it quickly enough, but the action of priming his fists for action cause his arms to shapeshift into strong and heavy-looking hammerfists, the material of his suit enlargening to accommodate the size. His suit is indeed made from a material that shapeshifts with him, reducing the necessity of buying too many new clothes, but he's starting to wonder... will he even still need it anymore, with these new powers?

Then, he notices, looking at his arms. "Wow, nice! Okay, Red, here I go!" He jumps up, marveling at his newfound ability to jump as high as the ceiling, and swings his right fist at the ceiling with all his might.
    Love is the message.

27. - Top - End - #537

[Underhallway]

As Shuyoru does that, Requiem backs up to avoid being hit by falling rocks or whatever.

And she watches.
    "Did your clothes just change, too?" she calls out.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Pixie in the Playground

[Underhallway]

After successfully breaking through the ceiling enough that they can climb out, he lands and looks back at his arms as they return to normal. His excitement shines through his usual calm demeanour. "Cool!"

He looks up at her, a bit puzzled. "Whaddo you mean? Just noticing that my clothes shapeshift with me? Or did I shapeshift independent of my clothes, this time?" From where she's standing, she might have picked up on the fact that this time was a bit different than usual, so perhaps yes to his second question?
    Love is the message.

29. - Top - End - #539

[Underhallway]

Requiem looks a bit closer: "Mmmm...I don't know," she says. "It's too dark down here, I couldn't really tell."

She brings herself and the computer tower over back to the hole he just made, as soon as there's no more danger of debris falling.

As it happens, the blonde Requiem is waiting up there, since she was there earlier and decided to stay in case she needed to help pull something up, or whatever.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Pixie in the Playground

[Underhallway]

Shuyoru shapeshifts to a more adult version of his current form, and offers to bridal-carry Redquiem (with the tower on her lap) and jump out of the hole. "It'll be easier." He shoots a rather flirty grin, but he's obviously just teasing again.

There's also the extra makeshift grapple hook he brought with him, so she can climb up that way instead, and he'll just jump with the tower in hand. "Hi, blondie."
    Love is the message.