New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

Dungeon

Lo and behold, the demons didn't lie! There is indeed an Ilpholin inside the metal crate of a cell. She's looking worse for wear, stuck wearing only what looks to be a hospital gown, and is manacled with her arms hanging from a hook above her head. Her feet are shackled as well and while she appears to be conscious, she has to have been fairly heavily drugged. Considering the extensive network of bandages covering a fair degree of her surface area, it seems she'd been put under at some point so she could have her wounds treated.

Still, it meant that someone was actually going to have to unhook her if they want her out of the box.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

[Returning from the War]

"I am intending to do just that. We've lost a number of men today, though. I intend to bolster our numbers in my own way," Zenon says, his smile not diminishing. So, he figured it out, did he? Either Omiko told him, or she let one of them go while he was watching. No sense in trying to hide it, now. Besides, it's not like he told Omiko to capture Anika in the first place, it just sort of happened, and the mage is worthless as a hostage.

"As to hostages, I'm rather bad at keeping them, but Omiko is not. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much worth the ones she caught have. The mage the demons feared is useless, apparently, and the shapeshifter wasn't exactly an intended capture. You'd have to ask her for more details on either one. We thought the mage might come in handy if the demons decided to double-cross us, but from what Omiko told me, apparently, that isn't the case."
    Last edited by Nova_Eclipse; 2018-11-25 at 07:53 PM.
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Dungeon]

Well, that's the benefit of sending people who don't know what's going on. They can't very well lie about what they're doing if they don't even know!

"Hey Ilpholin. How's it going?"
    First, Omiko goes to swap out Ilpholin's shackles with their own set.
    Then she reaches up with her mechanical arm to lift the elf off the hook and transfer her from the weird little box into the cell and shut them both in there.
    If she gets through that without incident, she'll do the same exchange with the manacles.

Possibly they'll have to let her out of those eventually. But they can't be too careful.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #34

[Big Plans]

A thunderbolt from a clear sky seem to hit the entrance to AMEN and in a flash of light Tellysandra the warlock stands. As she is already a member, she simply opens the door and walks inside. She is looking for Zefir and she had a lot to talk about.

5. - Top - End - #35

[Returning from the War]

Zefir listens and watches carefully Zenon is still not trustworthy. Zefir would need to talk with Omiko later.

"No hostage is worthless in our case." he replies. "It will just add to the plans.
    And henchman aren't a loss." he looks at ascreen. "Right now they have been replaced. We only lost some material, but nothing to valnuable."

"I go talk to her later. What exactly do you mean with "bolster our numbers in your own way"? I'm not really a fan of any summoned creatures or hired mercs."

[Big Plans]

A henchmal will lead her to his office.

He seems to wait already. "Oh, hi. I guess you got some big things to talk." Guessing from their short conversation during the fight.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Outside the Base]

After much research, Chaos Crane found out where AMEN is based. He's outside the base now, confused as to how to get in.

He's a slightly muscly human with blond hair drawn back in a ponytail. He's wearing a three-piece suit, now probably covered in ash, and all-in-all looks like your average business man. That is, except for his red eyes, which somehow appear...unnatural, I guess?
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

7. - Top - End - #37

NinjaGuy

[Returning from the War]

"Oh, good heavens, no. I believe I mentioned I had the knowledge to build soldiers, before, did I not? I am going to gather the means to manufacture them. They don't eat, they don't sleep, they can't be bribed or intimidated, and they are hard to kill. I believe I now have the means to protect them from magical or psionic interference, as well, which means they cannot be hacked by any method I am aware of," Zenon explains simply. "They do take some time to build, however I believe all of the necessary materials and facilities can be acquired from various sources throughout the Nexus."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    [Outside the Base]

After much research, Chaos Crane found out where AMEN is based. He's outside the base now, confused as to how to get in.

He's a slightly muscly human with blond hair drawn back in a ponytail. He's wearing a three-piece suit, now probably covered in ash, and all-in-all looks like your average business man. That is, except for his red eyes, which somehow appear...unnatural, I guess?
    *Decides which of my characters answers the door by flipping a coin - a nonsensical and insane witch, or an old member who just returned and doesn't have full membership privileges yet*

[Outside the Base - Opening the Door]

Requiem could sense somebody approaching the volcano base - and apparently without hostile intentions - so she decided to answer the door before the visitor comes to the door and the henchmen show up.

Requiem - blonde, wearing a white dress, no ash at all, apparently unarmed - opens up the door and looks out.

"Hello," she calls out to Chaos. "You've made it to AMEN - what business do you have here?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #39

[Big Plans]

The lady Tellysandra coughs. "I'm afraid I cannot negotiate this deal alone. The leader of KABAL has to be present." The warlock pulls out a oval plastic device which she gently places on Zefir's desk. "I present to you, Anton Kelligan."

The device shoots a silvery beam a little more than a meter straight up which then widens, presenting a holographic image of a green-skinned goblin dressed in a black coat with a widened collar and embroidered silver in its linings.

He shoots a stare at Zefir, and then points a finger at him too, just in case. "Listen up, buddy. KABAL is like my child. I raised it up from nothing and now we're about to launch ourselves all over the mainland, and perhaps even the stars above. So I'm not going to let myself be weighted down by a failing organization. Therefore, I have a list of demands if I'm even going to start considering associating myself with AMEN." Kelligan declares as he takes out what appears to be an electronic reader from underneath his coat. "First of all, we're going to have to change this outdated one-leader policy. Ain't gonna work with an organization as big as KABAL. We're going to have at least two, perhaps three leaders and one of them are gonna be me." He declares.

"Three is a good number." Tellysandra casually remarks, but does not seem to have any further comments.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    *Decides which of my characters answers the door by flipping a coin - a nonsensical and insane witch, or an old member who just returned and doesn't have full membership privileges yet*

[Outside the Base - Opening the Door]

Requiem could sense somebody approaching the volcano base - and apparently without hostile intentions - so she decided to answer the door before the visitor comes to the door and the henchmen show up.

Requiem - blonde, wearing a white dress, no ash at all, apparently unarmed - opens up the door and looks out.

"Hello," she calls out to Chaos. "You've made it to AMEN - what business do you have here?"
    Chaos looks over at her. "Ah! That's where the door is!" He starts walking toward the door, saying, "Long story short, I believe that you can help me, and in return I can help you."

11. - Top - End - #41

[Front Door]

"Hm," Requiem says.

She gestures into the building. "Well, come in to my office," she says, pointing at a single couch and a TV in the front room. "Tell me the long story long, and I'll consider whether it's a big enough deal to inform the boss about it."

Requiem walks towards the couch, and sits on the armrest. "So, start with introducing yourself, then what kind of help you need, why it would be valuable for us to provide it, and then what you're willing to do for us in exchange."

She snaps her fingers and a purple-and-black gunk oozes out of her fingertips until it coalesces into a quill and a notebook. "In that exact order."

To start off introductions, she says, "I am Requiem, and this is the Association." She allows him to give a detailed explanation.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeon

There is always one issue with trying to keep manacles on someone with arms that can shapeshift. They never stay on. When Omiko goes to unhook her arms from above, Ilphy opens her eyes and lunges. Her left arm shifts into a short dagger, curved with a hook, as she tries to jam it right into Omiko's right arm in the armpit. If she hits, she'll give a small twist and rotate in an attempt to remove yet another arm from Omiko.

Of course, shapeshifting arms don't necessarily mean you can get out of leg restraints, so all Omiko will really have to do is step back to cause Ilphy to fall on her face.

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Returning from the War]

"Oh, good heavens, no. I believe I mentioned I had the knowledge to build soldiers, before, did I not? I am going to gather the means to manufacture them. They don't eat, they don't sleep, they can't be bribed or intimidated, and they are hard to kill. I believe I now have the means to protect them from magical or psionic interference, as well, which means they cannot be hacked by any method I am aware of," Zenon explains simply. "They do take some time to build, however I believe all of the necessary materials and facilities can be acquired from various sources throughout the Nexus."
    [Returning from the War]

"Don't make them flawless. They should be able to be controlled. Even if that means some enemies can beat them up." Which also OOC means they shouldn't be stronger then most PC, not sure

Zefir dislikes the idea of strong minions much. last time they had those here it turned against them and there was not much to hold them up.

"How long will it take to make one or two?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Big Plans]

The lady Tellysandra coughs. "I'm afraid I cannot negotiate this deal alone. The leader of KABAL has to be present." The warlock pulls out a oval plastic device which she gently places on Zefir's desk. "I present to you, Anton Kelligan."

The device shoots a silvery beam a little more than a meter straight up which then widens, presenting a holographic image of a green-skinned goblin dressed in a black coat with a widened collar and embroidered silver in its linings.

He shoots a stare at Zefir, and then points a finger at him too, just in case. "Listen up, buddy. KABAL is like my child. I raised it up from nothing and now we're about to launch ourselves all over the mainland, and perhaps even the stars above. So I'm not going to let myself be weighted down by a failing organization. Therefore, I have a list of demands if I'm even going to start considering associating myself with AMEN." Kelligan declares as he takes out what appears to be an electronic reader from underneath his coat. "First of all, we're going to have to change this outdated one-leader policy. Ain't gonna work with an organization as big as KABAL. We're going to have at least two, perhaps three leaders and one of them are gonna be me." He declares.

"Three is a good number." Tellysandra casually remarks, but does not seem to have any further comments.
    [Big Plans]

Zefir is a bit suprised about the fact Tellysandra can't do it alone, but when she puts out the device he smirks. Didn't he just wanted to do the same in the gardens? While thinking about that he nearly ignored the goblins taunt.

"Well, then let's see if our demands match." Zefir replies befor he can point out the first one.

"I agree. An organisation like AMEN is a hard task to handle alone so I thought of that as well. Let's start with two since I have one and you got the other one. A third person could be strablished in time. Someone we both seem to accept." Zefir is not sure if Tellysandra voluntiered herself for a third seat with her comment, but for Zefir that would be totally unbalanced. Just assuming they vote for anything he is easily overvoted.

14. - Top - End - #44

[Big Plans]

Kelligan seems genuinely surprised at Zefir's agreement and blinks twice. "Uh... yeah! Good!" He exclaims and have to spend a moment considering what to say next as this seems to gone off his mental script.
    "Ahem, as I'm sure my second-in-command probably has explained..." He gestures vaguely at the wall next to Tellysandra. "...this will be a sort of merger-alliance. We'll keep the names of course, to the public eye we'll still be KABAL and AMEN, but we'll share resources. One of the leaders will govern KABAL, one of them will govern AMEN and the third one will, uh-"

"Keep up the slack of the others." Tellysandra finishes. "But I have an alternative idea. As mister Kelligan will likely keep around his second-in-commands either way, why don't we extend that to all leaders? Each one picks a number of second in commands who can jump in whenever the leader is otherwise preoccupied. In addition, as each leader will apparently have their own base, KABAL's in skyside, AMEN's here, why don't our first goal become to establish a third base in either Riverside or Inside which our third leader can reside in?"

More surprises for Kelligan apparently as he spends a moment staring flabbergasted at Tellysandra. "Um... okay, I guess we are trying to establish ourselves in Inside right now so that could work." He nods to himself as if it suddenly had been his idea all along. "Anyway, we gotta increase membership if this is going to go anywhere, so my second demand is to cut all this interview crap and instead send invites to people. We can have members hang out at trog's and talent scout individuals and send emissaries to some dudes, inviting them to join us."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-12-02 at 08:01 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Requiems Office]

"Okay then." Chaos clears his throat. "I am Chaos Crane, and I am a scientist. I specialize in manipulation of DNA, and I simply need AMEN to provide funds for my research. I would also require an assistant or two when I need to collect more dangerous samples of DNA. As for why it would be valuable to you, just think. The ability to take any creatures DNA and put it in any other creature, creating such things as a human with claws, a dragon which can morph into ooze, or even a psychic who can take on the form of any creature, to name a few. That's how I can help you. That also counts as what I would do in exchange. I would give you this ability." He puts his hands in his pockets, and grabs something in one of them. "How does that deal sound to you, Requiem?"
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-12-02 at 04:11 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicHobbit View Post
    [Requiems Office]

"Okay then." Chaos clears his throat. "I am Chaos Crane, and I am a scientist. I specialize in manipulation of DNA, and I simply need AMEN to provide funds for my research. I would also require an assistant or two when I need to collect more dangerous samples of DNA. As for why it would be valuable to you, just think. The ability to take any creatures DNA and put it in any other creature, creating such things as a human with claws, a dragon which can morph into ooze, or even a psychic who can take on the form of any creature, to name a few. That's how I can help you. That also counts as what I would do in exchange. I would give you this ability." He puts his hands in his pockets, and grabs something in one of them. "How does that deal sound to you, Requiem?"
    [Requiem's Office aka The Front Room, on a couch]

"Hmm," Requiem says as she listens and takes notes.

"So," she says, looking over her notes, "just to confirm there's two things you want: first, an initial funding with the promise of more after preliminary results are confirmed. Second, powerful associates willing to assist you in capturing or collecting creatures. Correct?" She waits for confirmation.

"And you're willing to grant AMEN primary access to any results." She waits for confirmation again.

She appears to think. "That sounds like a reasonable deal. Even if the organization as a whole is unable or unwilling to provide, it's certain that individual members would be willing to contribute or assist." Maybe even a couple who would volunteer for the 'upgrade': Requiem would be okay with having a few spare bodies that underwent that process.

She calls over a henchman and Olive comes by. She tears off the purplish page and passes it to the henchman, with instructions to bring it to the boss. It includes a description of what was just talked about, potential uses for this technology for AMEN and KABAL (She heard rumors from the Henchmen that there may be a potential deal between AMEN and KABAL in the near future), and Requiem's recommendation: that it sounds like a good deal.

"While we wait to see if he's willing to make a decision now, I have a couple questions about the direction you plan on taking this research." Mainly they have to do with some of the potential uses she wrote down, she just wants to confirm if they could work or not.

"First, do you think it's possible for this research to temporarily grant alterations? Such as a serum that eventually reverts itself?" Requiem can conceive situations where they would only want to temporarily empower someone: allies that can't be trusted?

"Second. Would it be possible for an add-on to the altered creatures to be the ability to control them more easily? Such as, they only follow the instructions of a set group of people?" Being able to create near-mindless minions out of random NPCs during an attack would help AMEN, and it may help KABAL in Skyside due to the high demand of slave trade there.

"Third, where do you see this research going in the future?" It's an important question for any researcher, and could likely affect how much AMEN's willing to continue funding after the initial results happen.

The Olive henchman goes off carrying the paper in search of Zefir.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #47

NinjaGuy

[Returning from the War]

"They're controllable for us, but any enemy should find them difficult to subvert," Zenon says, dismissing the issue of them being 'flawless'. They're far from perfect, durable, but not indestructible, and useful enough to have around, what with being more disposable than mortal troops and all, since they're manufactured. "As far as timeline goes, it will take a few days to gather the necessary materials and manufacturing equipment, set it up and produce the first batch. After that, they can be manufactured relatively quickly, around a dozen an hour if you keep the line running nonstop."

18. - Top - End - #48

Default [Dungeon]

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    There is always one issue with trying to keep manacles on someone with arms that can shapeshift. They never stay on. When Omiko goes to unhook her arms from above, Ilphy opens her eyes and lunges. Her left arm shifts into a short dagger, curved with a hook, as she tries to jam it right into Omiko's right arm in the armpit. If she hits, she'll give a small twist and rotate in an attempt to remove yet another arm from Omiko.

Of course, shapeshifting arms don't necessarily mean you can get out of leg restraints, so all Omiko will really have to do is step back to cause Ilphy to fall on her face.
    Omiko was expecting something like this.
    She steps back and twists her right side away from the prisoner, letting her fall forward off the hook.
    She's back in very quickly to try to step on Ilpholin's back and keep her down.

That's odd. Did she not try anything like this the whole time she was in transit?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Requiems Office]

Chaos only nods in response to the questions about AMENs access and what he wants. Chaos grins when he hears individual members may be willing to help. "While I would enjoy this organization's support as a whole, but that works as a fallback I suppose!" On the subject of what it can be used for, he says, "While I have not extended into temporary DNA changes, I'm sure I can make such a serum, and until I have made it one could simply edit the DNA back to normal when needed. That couldn't be done on the fly, though. However, making it so creatures only obey one person or one group is a whole 'nother beast. I have never even heard of a creature that has a legitimate, biological part which makes it only obey a single person or group, except in parasitic cases. I guess I could make a creature become able to inject neurotoxins or something similar which lets them control another creature, but unless I found a creature which has something in its DNA which makes it's mind more malleable to suggestion, I couldn't do it directly."

When asked where he sees his research going, he pauses for a moment. "I see the eventual ability to create the perfect species. One which removes all flaws apparent in other races. I believe that, once I achieve this, it will be a piece of cake to make all creatures, or at least all humanoids, become this species. From there it's just a hop, skip, and a jump to solving all world problems. I know that this motivation of mine may go against AMEN's core ideas, but I think that both you and I can push our motivations aside, knowing that what comes out of a collaboration between us will benefit both sides."

20. - Top - End - #50

[Requiem's Office aka Front Room]

Requiem nods and 'hmm's at all the right places as he speaks.

"AMEN's core ideas is, rather simply put, to help each member achieve their own personal goals," she says, "and it seems you aren't all that dissimilar yourself."

She pauses.

"Well." She looks around for a sign of henchmen or the Zefir. "It seems all we have to do now is wait for my message to get to the boss or someone else, and wait for them to come here."

She leans back on the couch's arm, and lets the purple notebook and quill disappear.

"While waiting, you could talk more about your research, or we can introduce ourselves more, or we can just sit in silence. Which would you prefer?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Requiems Office aka Front Room]

Chaos looks surprised. "Really? I've always heard people talk about AMEN as a group of people who just wanted to see the world burn." He thinks for a moment. "Though I suppose some members do want that."

He laughs a bit. "Well, there's not a whole lot more to say about my research, and anything is preferable to sitting in silence, so more introduction it is!"
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-12-04 at 05:22 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52

[Requiem's Office aka Front Room]

Fun fact!
    Not everybody wants to destroy the world, and those that do have their end goals at odds with everybody else who doesn't.

"Personally, I'm not particularly in favor of destroying everything," Requiem says. "Mostly because I live here so destroying it would mean finding somewhere else to live." She shrugs, stretches, leans back on the couch armrest, and transitions into further introductions. "I've got a couple of different goals. Long term, mastering my powers for various reasons," - a few of those reasons are actually altruistic reasons - "and more short-term, normal boring things like collecting a wide variety of bodies and so on."

Hmmm...what else counts as 'introduction'? "I like long moonlit walks on the beach and piña colada."

"Also, I began to be active in the Nexus nearly a decade ago, but I took a long vacation, only recently returning."

She stops, and looks at Chaos. "Okay, your turn."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Requiems Office aka Front Room]

Chaos nods at why she's against destroying everything. "As good a reason as any, I suppose." When the talk switches to goals, he says, "You already know most of my goals...did you say collecting bodies?" In response to beach walks and piña colada, he says, "I prefer to spend my downtime, when I have it, socializing. I only recently got here. As for drinks, wine is always nice, though I won't turn up my nose at most things."

"Like I said, I only got here recently. I heard from a colleague of the Nexus, and got her to make a portal for me. Great person, though highly susceptible to portals disintegrating her body. It's a shame, really. However, sacrifices must be made for the sake of the world. One dead human is a fine price to pay for my end goal."
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2018-12-05 at 08:24 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeon

Given how many bandages adorn her body and the muted groaning she gives after hitting the floor, chances are that Ilphy had been far too out of it to even attempt to try and escape until now. "...good. You've passed my test. I won't have to add another arm to my collection." She mumbles after a moment, still laying face down on the floor as she can't find the strength to push through the remaining fuzziness of the drugs she'd been hit with. "Now if you undo my legs, we can start making plans as to how we can overthrow that idiot leader and take charge. Sound good?" She asks.

25. - Top - End - #55

Default [Dungeon]

"You're getting ahead of yourself, aren't you? You haven't even convinced me that you can help my takeover."
    Not that Omiko is planning to replace Zefir, but everyone seems to assume she is, may as well work with it.
    She tries to kneel down and grab a firmer hold of Ilpholin. By the neck and shoulders, perhaps.

"Plans first, out of restraints later. And how does the saying go? 'Whoever takes your arm, take two of hers in return.'? Something like that. You can have your limbs back when the plan calls for it."

The AMENite sets her raygun-arm to 'cut' and gets to work disarming the prisoner.
    Ilpholin is clearly too much of an escape risk with those transforming parts.
    Although she hardly expects Ilpholin to take this lying down. So to speak.
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-12-09 at 03:55 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeon

Despite every instinct in Ilphy's body telling her to struggle and fight to her last breath, she reigns it all in. She won't even give Omiko the satisfaction of a scream as the arms are removed one at a time, and Omiko will find a fair bit of blood coming from the cybernetics removal. It is certainly enough to be worrying about blood loss. Blood means there most certainly should have been a great deal of pain but Ilphy doesn't even make a peep.

"...if you're going to kill me, you'll want to do it now and get it over with."
    She says after both arms are gone. "Otherwise I'm going to add more than your arms to my collection when I get out of here." Ilphy warns.

27. - Top - End - #57

Default [Dungeon]

Ilpholin not fighting back is satisfaction enough. I'm not even sure screams would make Omiko happier.

Right after each dismemberment, Omiko places a hand to the wound, and her fingertips erupt with ethereal tarantula legs that try to mend the stump. Blood vessels knit together, skin grown back, not so much as a scar or bruise to mark that any trauma had happened. This is magic of course, and Ilpholin might avoid it some tricks or even keep bleeding through sheer force of will (forcing Omiko to apply actual medicine, which I suspect no one wants).

Then she scoops up the removed cybernetics, which the spider-paws see to as well. Omiko did say that she'd be giving them back, so they need to be kept in good condition.
    "You're pretty tough. Consider that a test passed on your part too."

Only then would she get to her feet and haul Ilphy upright as well.

"If we wanted to kill you we'd have done it back in Riverside."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Big Plans]

Kelligan seems genuinely surprised at Zefir's agreement and blinks twice. "Uh... yeah! Good!" He exclaims and have to spend a moment considering what to say next as this seems to gone off his mental script.
    "Ahem, as I'm sure my second-in-command probably has explained..." He gestures vaguely at the wall next to Tellysandra. "...this will be a sort of merger-alliance. We'll keep the names of course, to the public eye we'll still be KABAL and AMEN, but we'll share resources. One of the leaders will govern KABAL, one of them will govern AMEN and the third one will, uh-"

"Keep up the slack of the others." Tellysandra finishes. "But I have an alternative idea. As mister Kelligan will likely keep around his second-in-commands either way, why don't we extend that to all leaders? Each one picks a number of second in commands who can jump in whenever the leader is otherwise preoccupied. In addition, as each leader will apparently have their own base, KABAL's in skyside, AMEN's here, why don't our first goal become to establish a third base in either Riverside or Inside which our third leader can reside in?"

More surprises for Kelligan apparently as he spends a moment staring flabbergasted at Tellysandra. "Um... okay, I guess we are trying to establish ourselves in Inside right now so that could work." He nods to himself as if it suddenly had been his idea all along. "Anyway, we gotta increase membership if this is going to go anywhere, so my second demand is to cut all this interview crap and instead send invites to people. We can have members hang out at trog's and talent scout individuals and send emissaries to some dudes, inviting them to join us."

[Big Plans]

"As I said."
    zefir beginns. "A third one can come with time. We have to strengthen our relationship first befor we can stress it with another fraction. So let's go on."

Zefir listens to him for the next demand.
    "I see where you want to go, but isn't that againts what you said befor? Increasing the numbers of members is a high priority for all Organisations like we are, since it shows of our strength. The only thing is we can't lower our guard, especially not right now. Your way to recruit people leaves us open for spies and others. How do you plan to deal with that?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    [Requiem's Office aka The Front Room, on a couch]

"Hmm," Requiem says as she listens and takes notes.

"So," she says, looking over her notes, "just to confirm there's two things you want: first, an initial funding with the promise of more after preliminary results are confirmed. Second, powerful associates willing to assist you in capturing or collecting creatures. Correct?" She waits for confirmation.

"And you're willing to grant AMEN primary access to any results." She waits for confirmation again.

She appears to think. "That sounds like a reasonable deal. Even if the organization as a whole is unable or unwilling to provide, it's certain that individual members would be willing to contribute or assist." Maybe even a couple who would volunteer for the 'upgrade': Requiem would be okay with having a few spare bodies that underwent that process.

She calls over a henchman and Olive comes by. She tears off the purplish page and passes it to the henchman, with instructions to bring it to the boss. It includes a description of what was just talked about, potential uses for this technology for AMEN and KABAL (She heard rumors from the Henchmen that there may be a potential deal between AMEN and KABAL in the near future), and Requiem's recommendation: that it sounds like a good deal.

"While we wait to see if he's willing to make a decision now, I have a couple questions about the direction you plan on taking this research." Mainly they have to do with some of the potential uses she wrote down, she just wants to confirm if they could work or not.

"First, do you think it's possible for this research to temporarily grant alterations? Such as a serum that eventually reverts itself?" Requiem can conceive situations where they would only want to temporarily empower someone: allies that can't be trusted?

"Second. Would it be possible for an add-on to the altered creatures to be the ability to control them more easily? Such as, they only follow the instructions of a set group of people?" Being able to create near-mindless minions out of random NPCs during an attack would help AMEN, and it may help KABAL in Skyside due to the high demand of slave trade there.

"Third, where do you see this research going in the future?" It's an important question for any researcher, and could likely affect how much AMEN's willing to continue funding after the initial results happen.

The Olive henchman goes off carrying the paper in search of Zefir.

Requiem's Office aka The Front Room, on a couch]

Zefir get's the message and makes his way to the main hall.

"So, is this the guy from skyside I heared so far?" he asks intot he room as he enters. "I thought he got some other contract up."
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Nova_Eclipse View Post
    [Returning from the War]

"They're controllable for us, but any enemy should find them difficult to subvert," Zenon says, dismissing the issue of them being 'flawless'. They're far from perfect, durable, but not indestructible, and useful enough to have around, what with being more disposable than mortal troops and all, since they're manufactured. "As far as timeline goes, it will take a few days to gather the necessary materials and manufacturing equipment, set it up and produce the first batch. After that, they can be manufactured relatively quickly, around a dozen an hour if you keep the line running nonstop."

[Returning from the War]

((Just to note the 'not flawless' is more meant OOC. They shouldn't easily overrun PC))

A dozen an hour sounds a bit much, especially for how strong they may become. But maybe there weak points is the material they need.
    "What is it you need to build them then?"

29. - Top - End - #59

[Big Plans]

Kelligan looks at Zefir and then takes a look at Tellysandra. "Is that against what I said before?"

"I think he means-"

Yet before she can finishes her sentence, Kelligan have turned back to the AMEN leader with a shrug. "Yeah, I got no clue what you're talking about, dude. And what, spies? Really? This is exactly the kind of talk that is making AMEN is a dying organization it currently is. You're too jaded and paranoid since you go around backstabbing one another all the time. I heard the tales, all your former leaders and their squabbles, but I say its time to move past all that. You, we, need to be more welcoming and open. It's all about image you know. Right now people think AMEN are a bunch of edgelords that are sitting in their base doing nothing but navel-gazing. So we gotta change that, make AMEN about fun and action. That's the kind of thing that attracts people you know? That and money." The goblin points right at Zefir as to get his attention on that particular word. "I'm thinking that we'll start running a campaign that carries nothing of all that baggage you guys have. An exciting fighting force that let's you see exotic places, get plenty of action and gets you loaded with the yellow stuff. Let's call it KA- uh... KARMAGEDDON! Yeah! That's a good name. Karmageddon, or Armageddon, something like that." He waves his hand dismissively.

"The point is that We'd seek out the toughest and nastiest people out there without using the KABAL or AMEN name. That'd solve the baggage problem and the spy problem at the same time. It's only when the true members that will get to know it's actually a front for AMEN and KABAL. The pitch is that whatever their tragic backstory is, we'll help them out. You have a bad deal with nasty people? Cursed? No where to go? Trouble fitting into society? Short on cash? We'll solve all those problems, we'll scratch your back if you scratch ours." Kelligan grins triumphantly as he gestures at Zefir again. "Now that's what I call a good idea. We'd have new members in no time!"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2018-12-10 at 10:17 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Requiem's Office aka The Front Room, on a couch]

Zefir get's the message and makes his way to the main hall.

"So, is this the guy from skyside I heared so far?" he asks intot he room as he enters. "I thought he got some other contract up."
    A slightly confused Chaos frowns. "I'm not from Skyside, and I don't have any contracts. Are you a higher-up here?"