New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [The Lab]

Chaos nods approvingly, inspecting the banana's DNA through a screen he hooked up to the DNA ray. Startled by the baby's sounds, he looks down. "What? You want some food?" Searching through his bagged lunch(ends have been tight, which is part of the reason he wanted funding), he pulls out some apple sauce. "This should work. Don't much like this flavor anyway." He opens the apple sauce and puts it on the table before lifting the infant up next to it. He then goes back to work, making small tweaks before getting ready for the pain test.

Chaos is either extremely distracted, or doesn't yet realize that babies are generally messy eaters.
    After 2 years of silence, I reappear!

Place your bets now, how long until I disappear again

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN L: [Insert Ideas]

[Big Plans]

Telly sigh. "Afraid so. He's a little man used to be in charge, as I'm sure you can tell. Arguing with him will be difficult as he's also stubborn as a mule." She shakes her head. "I do recommend maintaining a good relationship with him however, there is a lot to earn for the both of us from this alliance. KABAL will be supplying a number of businesses with raw materials for products that will sell a lot on the market. Things no one else can supply them with. There is thus a lot of money to be made here."

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [The Lab]

Apple!
    The kid gurgles happily.
    Soon, about half the applesauce has been eaten, and the other half has been strewn across the table.
    The baby himself is apple-free.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [The Lab]

Looking up from his now-finished tweaks, Chaos sees the mess and sighs. "Alright. That's not great." This is a lab, so they should have napkins or something somewhere. He looks from side to side, then quickly puts together a small machine that makes little sounds when buttons on it are pressed. Handing it to the baby, he says, "Hopefully that's enough to keep you distracted." Before going off in search for enough napkins to clean up the mess, muttering about "that dang cyborg cat". He may not know much about kids, but at least he knows to watch his language around them.

5. - Top - End - #125

Default [The Lab]

The kid takes the little sound box, mystified.
    He'll be occupied pressing the buttons there for quite some time.
    I hope the sound effects Chaos picked aren't too annoying.

((But he should be able to work in relative peace now))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [The Lab]

Thankfully, the noises are relatively easy to tune out.

Coming back with paper towels, Chaos cleans up the mess before taking the machine and putting his hand in the path of the extraction ray. He takes a deep breath, then presses the button to begin extraction.

The green ray hits his hand, and immediately Chaos tenses up, gritting his teeth. The ray stops, and he relaxes again, breathing hard. He shakes his head. "Definitely not painless." He goes back to the process of trying to make the machine painless. If anybody capable of reading DNA strings is around, they may notice that Chaos's DNA is a mixture of 6 or so different species.

7. - Top - End - #127

Default [The Lab]

The doctor gave the kid a bunch of noise-making buttons.
    And then he made a machine with an obviously pressable button on it.
    He had to have known this would happen.

The baby is trying to climb up and press the button on the DNA scanner to find out what sound it'll make!

If his mother were back, she might have something to say about the blended DNA. But he's just a kid, and couldn't pronounce 'DNA', much less read it, even less know what it meant.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #128
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [The Lab]

Chaos has just about removed pain caused by the machine by the time the baby starts trying to press the button. He glances at the baby, then does a double take, seeing what it's about to do. He quickly sticks his hand in front of the ray, unsure of what would happen if it hit something that doesn't have DNA.

As the ray hits his hand, Chaos flinches a bit, but not as much as last time. He then carefully grabs the baby and puts him at the end of the lab counter he's working at. Better to have the baby farther away from the machine if that kind of thing is going to happen.

The ray makes a sound similar to this.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Pixie in the Playground

======================================
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-02-27 at 07:53 PM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #130

Default [The Lab]

The baby whines and complains as he is whisked away from hitting the button again.

But he gets the message. No pressing that button, even if it does make a cool zapping sound!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [The Lab]

Chaos makes the correct adjustments, then once again tests it on himself. This time he has no reaction other than nodding and grinning. He turns back to the baby, and brings him closer to the ray once more. Turning the ray to be directed at the baby, he says, "Stay still. This won't hurt a bit." Chaos shoots the baby with the ray, and no pain should be felt unless the baby feels pain differently than a human. Either way, he examines the DNA, looking for any sign of DNA that is neither normal(using humans as an idea of normalness), nor influences only looks.

12. - Top - End - #132

Default [The Lab]

Usually doctors say "this won't hurt a bit" right before something that really hurts.
    Chaos is being unusually nice.

The baby giggles at the sound of the DNA scanner, and information about him appears on whatever display Chaos has.
    The genetic sequences are not as abnormal as they could be.
    By certain ways of looking at it, this is human DNA. It's just also the DNA of an Iberian lynx. And some other stuff.
    I don't know how long it take Chaos to work his mad science on interpreting the results, but there's five main irregularities, in decreasing order of obviousness.
    1. He is part feline. I mean, one could tell that just by looking.
    2. The human sequences show signs of genetic engineering. Stronger, smarter, steadier, resists many diseases. Wasn't done on him directly, but on his ancestors; there are a couple incompatibilities and mutations that have built up.
    3. Not just part feline, but fully human and fully feline in a seamless blending taking better features of each. Could have been designed to replace humans. Or to replace cats, at that.
    4. It's actually this complex self-modifying thing that violates a couple laws of genetics. It's as if parts of the genome are a sort of virus.
    5. Part of his DNA is encrypted, and the encrypted segments are some of those that are behaving unnaturally. But they don't seem to do anything, no proteins, no epistatic activations, no real contribution to the genetic environment.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [The Lab]

Chaos can figure out the first three right away, but the last two would take more time for him to figure out.

Looking through the DNA on a computer monitor rigged up to the beam, he raises an eyebrow at the genetic engineering. Standard super soldier-type stuff, though it did pass down through generations, which he had not yet tested his own work on yet. What really interests him, though, is the blending of the DNA. If he could learn how to do that, he could progress his research at least twice as fast, probably more. He slowly turns to look at the baby, and shakes his head.

"Who made you?" he whispers, mostly to himself.
    Last edited by CosmicHobbit; 2019-02-27 at 05:31 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

'mmmemmmemmmemu?' blathers the child, not knowing what Chaos means or how to answer.

There is an answer or two, but he doesn't know them.

((And that's about all I have here, though perhaps Chaos could do some sort of further investigation if he wanted))
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Big Plans]

Telly sigh. "Afraid so. He's a little man used to be in charge, as I'm sure you can tell. Arguing with him will be difficult as he's also stubborn as a mule." She shakes her head. "I do recommend maintaining a good relationship with him however, there is a lot to earn for the both of us from this alliance. KABAL will be supplying a number of businesses with raw materials for products that will sell a lot on the market. Things no one else can supply them with. There is thus a lot of money to be made here."
    [Big Plans]

"Money is a good base." Zefir says. "Until we can belive in trustworthy people we need money to controll them." he sights. "The Evil side allways had his problems with trust. I wonder when we will be destroyed or overrun by vigil."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default [The Lab]

Chaos shakes his head, and takes a small sample of the DNA out of the machine, before storing it in a special padded pocket within his suit. He draws a notebook out of a different pocket, and makes a few quick notes in shorthand. He picks up the baby, leaving behind the machine. Chaos walks out of the lab before stopping, realization dawning on him.

"Where do I take the child?" he mutters to himself.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Pixie in the Playground

[AMEN Greeter Staff Application]

A well-endowed smallish woman in her late twenties slithers up to AMEN's door, selecting the choice of joining AMEN staff and slithering in when the door opens for her. Her skin is a 27 on the von Luschan's scale, her eyes are purple on black sclera, the latter being a numan feature. Her hair is curly brown, styled into pigtails. From her waist down, her perfect human form morphs into that of a snake, with fins and features designed to make movement in both water and land smooth, though this can be changed into legs if she so wishes. Her hands are webbed.

Once in, Yewa slithers up to a seat and folds her hands in front of her, waiting for Zefir to come. When he does, she'll start without prompting. "Haiiiii, I'm Yewa, I'm a waterwomaaaaan from Seeasiiiiiide. Here to join the staaaaffff as a greeeterrrrr. I'm some centuries old, buuut I won't tell yeeeet!" Her voice is quite high-pitched and she comes off as really cute and seductive, though Zefir might already be sensitive to the psychotic undertones in her nature.
    Love is the message.

18. - Top - End - #138

As the woman enters the building she will find a few henchman confused. They don't knew her so one grabs the device to call for members when the others grab their weapon. When she sit's down she will be surrounded by Henchman pointing their guns at her.

It needs a while befor Zefir comes. When he comes he starts "What do we..." and is immediatly stoped by the newcomers high-pitched voice.
    "You should start with your name bfore going on to tell me what you won't tell me. Which isn't a good way to get the job."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Pixie in the Playground

The snake woman takes it all in stride, simply giggling once Zefir appears and is done talking."Sorrieeee! I'm Yewa!" Her high-pitched voice isn't quite the shrill type, it's more cute than anything else. "Because you asked so niiiceelyyyy, I'll tell you my aaaage. It's exactly one hundred and thirty-three, but we'll just teeeelllll everyone I'm 27! It was when I turned into a waterwoman!" She eagerly replies.
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2019-03-03 at 03:18 PM.
    Love is the message.

20. - Top - End - #140

Zefir sights. "Can you stop stretching words as long as we talk?" he asks rather annoyed. It might be cute, but for him that totally doesn't fit the appereance. He's not a fan of fishwoman or most other human/animal hybrids. Thought he got a weakness for one kind.

"Okay Yewa. What makes you think I would hire you as a door greeter?"

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Big Plans]

"Money is a good base." Zefir says. "Until we can belive in trustworthy people we need money to controll them." he sights. "The Evil side allways had his problems with trust. I wonder when we will be destroyed or overrun by vigil."
    [Big Plans]

"'Evil side'? That's a interesting way of putting it. But I suppose I am talking to the leader of AMEN, so I won't argue. But if VIGIL does attack, you can count on KABAL aiding in the defense in one way or another. I can transfer some of my summoned servants here to stand as guards." Tellysandra offers.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Pixie in the Playground

Zefir sights. "Can you stop stretching words as long as we talk?" he asks rather annoyed. It might be cute, but for him that totally doesn't fit the appereance. He's not a fan of fishwoman or most other human/animal hybrids. Thought he got a weakness for one kind.

"Okay Yewa. What makes you think I would hire you as a door greeter?"

Yewa looks slightly worried and a bit angry for a moment, then returns to her innocent-seeming appearance. "I'll trrryyyy, but this is how I taaalk." She replies. She really wants this job, for a number of reasons. He asks her the next question, and her response indicates she's noticed how he'd looked undesirably at her. And after she came in her true form, too, and hid the charming compelling aura that comes with it. 'How wuuuude!' She thinks to herself, even as her bottom half becomes covered by a watery blue aura, obscuring its features. When it clears, she appears to be a full numan woman, the formerly unnecessary skirt covering her tail before, now covers her unmentionables. She stands up straight, displaying her extreme beauty to him, exuding seductive aura, even though she's not trying to seduce him.

"Well, I'm strong, fast, charming and control bubbles, kaaay?" She stretches forth her hands and causes a bubble to appear in mid air. First, it looks normal, then freezes, landing on the ground and exploding harmlessly. "If anyone comes I'm your first line of defenseee. They wooon't get past mmmy bubbles. Besides, as the big maaaan, you're really buuusy, you need someone to report comings and goings directly to youuu, and more people would come if they knew someone had time to seeeeee them, y'knooowww?" She explains readily.
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #143

[Big Plans]

"I would apreciate that." Zefir says. "But keep them low. I have a bad feeling right now and a high number of new guards might cause some problems."

The henchman asre sure hit by her charming aura and lower their weapons while some might even drool. Zefir on the other hand appears calm. He stands straight. His arms are on his side. But Yewa managed to to raise a deisre with her aura. one he tries to calm for as long as they talk. It is not the desire Yewa aimed for.
    Zefir stares at the woman with hate. His whole body wants to jump at her right this moment, but he keeps it calm. The remains of the bubble raise up and with some water from the ait form a few ice spears pointing at Yewa.
    "SHUT IT DOWN!" he says through his grinding theeth. He's not much of a talker in this state.

24. - Top - End - #144

[Big Plans]

"And you think them appearing as civilians would be less suspicious? In AMEN?" Tellysandra smiles. "I'll think of something though. Consider it done."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

The henchman asre sure hit by her charming aura and lower their weapons while some might even drool. Zefir on the other hand appears calm. He stands straight. His arms are on his side. But Yewa managed to to raise a deisre with her aura. one he tries to calm for as long as they talk. It is not the desire Yewa aimed for.
    Zefir stares at the woman with hate. His whole body wants to jump at her right this moment, but he keeps it calm. The remains of the bubble raise up and with some water from the ait form a few ice spears pointing at Yewa.
    "SHUT IT DOWN!" he says through his grinding theeth. He's not much of a talker in this state.

While Yewa feels satisfied at her ability to make the henchmen drool, she forgot to not turn it on, and it's when she notices Zefir's stare that she realizes (after several moments, enough for the spear to materialize) that she shouldn't do that at a job interview, Shuyoru told her. "Sorry, booooss! Force of haaabit." When it comes down, however, for a brief moment there's an air of malevolent coldness before she returns to hiding her aura. "Don't do that in a job interviewww, baaad!" She chastises herself, smacking her forehead. "I promise I won't do it around you, booossss." She points to her head and makes 'crazy' motions. "Before I got turned into this 'siiiiiren', my Mama experimented on meee, it changed my braaaain. I don't mean to antagonize you, honeeeest! We so-called evildoers have to stick togeeether, riiight?"
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Dungeon

Ilphy seems a fair bit resistant to the visions of anguish and war at the start of Zefir's experimentation and torture upon her. It isn't because of magic or the psionic power, but simply because the base psyche that was used as a basis for this fake Ilpholin's personality and mind had not only survived more than her fair share of it, but has committed her fair share of such acts as well. That isn't to say she is unaffected however. Between the lack of sleep, lack of food, and the constant mental torture, she becomes visibly agitated as the first few days go on.

However, after a couple days AMEN might notice that something is horribly awry. Despite being fed, Ilphy quickly begins growing emaciated, as if she's literally being starved to death. She's trying to regenerate one of her arms, but the process is devouring her body to do so. If AMEN chooses to ignore this, then by week's end she'll simply expire.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

[Common Room]

Chaos stumbles into the common room, still holding the baby, which he has decided to call Ryan, after Chaos's grandpa. He shakes his head and puts the baby down on the ground. He kneels down and looks Ryan in the face. "Alright, I think I'm starting to make sense of how to get here, so I'll be back soon. Just going to go look for some sort of daycare or something. Don't get in trouble while I'm gone." He stands up and begins to walk out, hoping a place like this even has a daycare of some sort.

28. - Top - End - #148

"Nya?" Ryan asks him. I'm sure the boy will crawl off and get into trouble the moment Chaos is out of sight.

I'm afraid that, when it comes to ACROs with on-site daycare, GLoG is your only option. Sadly no one is catering to the 'dangerous bioresearch + concern for the employees' families' niche. Perhaps he could leave Ryan in the dungeon?
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Nya?" Ryan asks him. I'm sure the boy will crawl off and get into trouble the moment Chaos is out of sight.

I'm afraid that, when it comes to ACROs with on-site daycare, GLoG is your only option. Sadly no one is catering to the 'dangerous bioresearch + concern for the employees' families' niche. Perhaps he could leave Ryan in the dungeon?
    Chaos is getting better with kids, as evidenced by his hesitation before turning around and picking up Ryan. "Alright, second thoughts have been had, I'm taking you with me." After no daycare is found, Chaos broadens his search to "places to keep people", and the HQ, being a general jerk, directs him to the dungeon. Chaos walks in, then looks around. "Ha ha, very funny."

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Big Plans]

"And you think them appearing as civilians would be less suspicious? In AMEN?" Tellysandra smiles. "I'll think of something though. Consider it done."
    [Big Plans]

"What?" Zefir replies confused. then he understands where the problem is.

"Oh no I didn't mean you should hide them in disguise. I meant keeping their number low. Anyone who hasn't registrated we work with demons lived under a rock forto long."

Quote Originally Posted by Meltdowner View Post

While Yewa feels satisfied at her ability to make the henchmen drool, she forgot to not turn it on, and it's when she notices Zefir's stare that she realizes (after several moments, enough for the spear to materialize) that she shouldn't do that at a job interview, Shuyoru told her. "Sorry, booooss! Force of haaabit." When it comes down, however, for a brief moment there's an air of malevolent coldness before she returns to hiding her aura. "Don't do that in a job interviewww, baaad!" She chastises herself, smacking her forehead. "I promise I won't do it around you, booossss." She points to her head and makes 'crazy' motions. "Before I got turned into this 'siiiiiren', my Mama experimented on meee, it changed my braaaain. I don't mean to antagonize you, honeeeest! We so-called evildoers have to stick togeeether, riiight?"

The threating ice will stay around her , slightly changing shape but allways have a pointi end aimed against her.

"You don't got the job yet." Zefir says. he is still not in a calm mood, but he stops reaching for his pocket when she stops her aura.
    "What exactly did she do? Was it like an attemp to get some psych powers? And what about this aura of yours. Will you use it on every newcomer?"

While speaking he waves the henchman away. They aren't of any help with her since they fall to easy for her aura.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleWolf View Post
    Dungeon

Ilphy seems a fair bit resistant to the visions of anguish and war at the start of Zefir's experimentation and torture upon her. It isn't because of magic or the psionic power, but simply because the base psyche that was used as a basis for this fake Ilpholin's personality and mind had not only survived more than her fair share of it, but has committed her fair share of such acts as well. That isn't to say she is unaffected however. Between the lack of sleep, lack of food, and the constant mental torture, she becomes visibly agitated as the first few days go on.

However, after a couple days AMEN might notice that something is horribly awry. Despite being fed, Ilphy quickly begins growing emaciated, as if she's literally being starved to death. She's trying to regenerate one of her arms, but the process is devouring her body to do so. If AMEN chooses to ignore this, then by week's end she'll simply expire.
    Dungeon

It get's noticed and it is easy to assume that this is a side effect of the cut of the arms. Zefir will arange that she get's a bit more to eat. Still not enougth to fed up full but noticable more then before.
    In addition he orders for constant health checks like every 8 hours. Something is happening and unless the regeneration is easily visible he rather stays on guard