New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default The Wreck of the Harmonious Spirit (OOC D&D 3.5)

Player Character Race Classes
    Zhentarim Stylianos Saggio Human Bard 7
    Razorfloss Orion Moonshadow
    Rose
    Half-elf
    Beguiler
    Hexblade 7
    Familiar 7
    Breitheamh Skaruvus "Skar" Windspeaker Human Druid 5 / MoMF 2
    Samduke Naomi Human Barbarian 1/Duskblade 3/Scout 3
    Metastachydium Utra Griivens Ghostwise Halfling Shugenja 6/Paragnostic Apostle 1
    Yas392 Djin Mustafar Human Martial Rogue 5/Thief-Acrobat 2
    Auranghzeb Gozen the Naturalist Human Ranger 2 / Fighter 4 / Leviathan Hunter 1

Enter The IC
    Roll Your Dice
    Battle Map
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-24 at 05:46 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Wreck of the Harmonious Spirit (OOC D&D 3.5)

The Setting

Spoiler: Zipnog's Letter
    Show
    To My Dear Readers

My name is Zipnog, Wendell
    Cartographer, Ornithologist, Author
    I write this report with the sincere hope it need not be read
    Certainly not by someone investigating the fate of our ship

The Beast
    While majestic and serene, was colossal
    Colliding not attacking
    Did tear apart the bottom from our ship
    Stranding us upon a narrow sandbar

The crew, able and sober
    Did their best in difficult circumstances to ensure all survived
    Though many could not escape injury
    Upon the violent impact of running aground

Sailing these forbidden passages
    Lessens our chance of being found by passing ships
    Those who make this cursed voyage are often motivated
    By desperation, greed, or desire
    Or like I, by all three

My assessment of our surroundings
    Barren tundra runs along a narrow coast
    Overshadowed by mountains, pushing toward the sea
    Frigid waters isolate distant islands and shorelines
    Fleeting light barely breaks the horizon
    Disappearing into darkness a few hours later

Fear not! Repair work has already begun
    I have faith in our craftsmen and professionals
    To rescue us from this peril
    Should they be provided with sufficient materials

To that end
    A party is being formed to reconnoiter the shoreline
    And return with the needed supplies
    Of their success, I am well assured

W. Zipnog
    Learned Society of the Supreme Qorrashi
    Mithril Academy
    Fairhorn Expedition

Spoiler: Location: Galley
    Show
    Clouds of breath reveal the depth of cold. Those bunking in the forecastle have mostly made their way to the galley. Gathering round an old iron stove in hope of staying warm. Drawing from his rapidly diminishing bag, Tobias the ship’s cook tosses another coal onto the fire. Releasing a burst of energy within the glowing orange belly of the furnace.

Tobias, a human of less than thirty years, blonde and hale does look about nervously as he stirs a bubbling pot. His companion, a white cat vocalizes a proud trill as she drops a wet scrawny rat onto the deck. A quick glance around the cramped L-shaped kitchen reveals gnawed ropes and canvas bags torn open at the corners. Hinting at the extent of the infestation. From the floor, on to the butcher’s block, only the quartermaster knows how long the stores will last. Into the pot it goes.

To the rear of the galley is a doorframe leading to the lower deck. Ladders run up (to the main deck) and down (to the shattered hold). Among the tightly stacked sacks and barrels narrowing a narrow passageway, walks the quartermaster. Stern and greying, a robust man of distant orcish blood insists on being addressed by his rank.

Spoiler: Location: Lower Deck
    Show
    Pressing his generous body between crates of provisions to count the barrels stacked behind, the quartermaster seethes.

“Scarcity by any measure. Even at half rations the supplies will last little more than a month. It was foolhardy to undertake this endeavor on such a light load. All involved knew it. Greed would not allow us to act otherwise. To leave behind our prize occurred to none. How much more valuable is a sack of gold compared to a sack of grain? Ample supplies were left stacked upon a far off beach a fortnight or more behind by sail. Our precious treasure, now strewn upon the bottom, lost to the depths.

Cursed is our endeavor. What hope have we, when our fortunes are opposed by those above. Every sailor has heard the tales of the tragedy which flavors voyages made through these waters. Now we too have looked up into the sky and have seen the shimmering lights. An indefinite stay, locked away within the ice an all too real possibility. What a cruel fate.”

His lamentation is interrupted by a commotion in the mess hall, a deck ape breaking apart tables with her bare hands. A stunned member of the crew stands in the corner with a bowl of pottage in hand, watching the scene unfold.

Spoiler: Location: Shattered Hold
    Show
    “Move! The only way we’re getting out of here is if we repair the damage to the hold.”

Charging past everyone with an armload of planks, Gilda Harmonyspirit descends the ladder to the shattered hold. No voice can be heard over the symphony of ripping saws and hammer falls. The hollow cavern is alive with activity. Gripping on to the ceiling beams with both hand and foot, Gilda shimmies and swings across the hold. Delivering much needed wood to a group of Hadozee perched at every imaginable angle, working diligently to repair the damage.

Gargantuan holes framed by splintered and shattered wood tear through multiple sections. Leaving more of the ship open to the elements than enclosed. Sea water floods the bottom of the hold, churning with each incoming wave. Some of the timbers are salvageable while others will need to be replaced. Several tall trees are needed to be felled for material, if there be any hope of making her seaworthy.

Danger is the point of life. To those who make this their motto, no tears are shed when a malicious wave crashes down upon an unsuspecting hadozee worker. Thrown backwards from his post headfirst into one beam and then another, before plunging into the icy water with a splash.

Spoiler: Location: Main Deck
    Show
    Healers robed in grey attend to the sick and injured among the bunks of the forecastle, now converted into an infirmary. Sea sores and hypothermia along with a plethora of concussions and broken bones have left much of the crew incapacitated. At a time when all hands are needed, another injured worker is unwelcome news..

His bulky frame is supported by two strong sailors dripping with water. Their teeth chattering, their bodies involuntarily shaking. Both feeling the effects of their efforts to rescue their shipmate. Who drifts in and out of consciousness, a bloody head wound along with hypothermic shock. Hoisted on to the table, arms swinging in confusion, all hands are needed to hold down their convulsing companion. The ship’s surgeon assesses his patient’s condition, pouring a concoction into the open mouth of the struggling Hadozee. The entirety of what remains in the green glass bottle is needed to cease the turmoil.

Unfolding the correct optic lens from his multifaceted eye-piece allows Oskar Coalvern a dwarf of exceptional skill to see the most minute detail. Reaching for his specialized tools he begins to work on repairing the fractured skull. Long moments hold the balance of life and death. Complex machines, living things, ever so delicate. The mechanism is laid out before him. Intricate but not alien, everything having place and function.

Wiping blood from his hands and sweat from his brow, Oskar Coalvern’s efforts saved a life tonight. Figures in grey shaded robes patrol up and down the bunks in silence. Illuminated by candles or lantern, attending to those in need. Chaos has given way to order, and afforded the surgeon time to attend to other matters.

Spoiler: Location: Wardroom
    Show
    A chart lay overlapping another, its corners falling off the round table around which the senior staff have gathered. Mr Zipnog, scientific attaché to the expedition speaks, standing upon a chair due to his gnomish stature. Pointing to a detailed chart of his own design, he puts forward a plan. The frozen passage, every hazard in the water has been dutifully marked. While the shape of the shoreline is a fairly accurate approximation, little detail is given of the interior. Pointing to an area of shoreline well ahead of their position, he indicates there should be a river. Tapping the approximate area with his wooden rod. Intentionally projecting more confidence than he truly possesses.

A strong wind pulls against the heavy wood door leading out on to the open air of the main deck. Forced open by the hand of one of their own. Papers fly off the table much to the annoyance of Mr. Zipnog.

“Take a seat Mr. Coalvern, we’ve already begun.” Orders Captain Fairhorn of the Harmonious Spirit, a human well advanced in years, bound to his wheelchair.

Seating himself between the Master-At-Arms, a mammoth of a man, and she of the helm, as slippery as they come, the meeting can continue.

“A party of four volunteers, equipped as best we can provide. I frankly don’t think we can spare anymore.” Mr Zipnog recommends, gathering back together his notes.
    “We are in need of timber for repairs and fuel for warmth. Locating a reliable source of food.” Mr. Zipnog stops speaking when he is interrupted by Mr. Coalvern.

“And medicine, I used the last of several bottles these passing hours.”

“If I may continue.” snips the learned scientist, yearning for the formality of the academy.

A rat peeks its head out of the darkness, squeezing between two warped planks to continue on its way. Hermann Thatchoder, Master-At-Arms, physically taking up more room than any other at the table, scrunches his face into a look of disgust, declaring “Something needs to be done about the rats”

“Honestly now, this is no simple endeavor. Detailed planning is needed.” Mr Zipnog insists, but throwing his diminutive hands in the air, takes his seat when the conversation moves on without him.

“There’s a tangled knot of them somewhere onboard, growing larger by the day.” Cautions Melody Longacre, Helmsman, seated to the right of the captain.

Silent until now the old sea dog speaks, calmly with a baritone commanding respect.
    “I have every confidence in all of your steadfast determination to relieve us from this predicament. I Intend to see home again, I hope each and every soul onboard shares that sentiment. Despite losing our bounty, upon our safe return I will pay bonuses and danger pay from my personal fortune to every member of the crew. Spread the word, we have before us many challenges, return when you have found useful volunteers.”

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

How did your character come aboard?
    I have discussed this with some
    Who answers to the captain?
    Do you receive pay from the quartermaster?
    Or do you go where you please?
    Do you yearn for home?
    Or seek to escape?
    Is anyone a stowaway?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Djin Mustafar, ready for action.

Hired substitute assistant to the Sailsmaster when the crew lost their official one. An unofficial mate. He scouts from topmast and report back information to the Sailsmaster for his charts.

He does partially. He does when they need him to do his job. Other decisions, he operates from his heart.

As long as he did his job.

When his services are not needed, and he is free.

Do you yearn for home?
    Or seek to escape?

He yearns for adventures and dangers.

Is anyone a stowaway?
    No.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by CircleNavigator View Post
    I have discussed this with some
    1 Who answers to the captain?
    2 Do you receive pay from the quartermaster?
    3 Do you yearn for home?
    Or seek to escape?
    4 Is anyone a stowaway?
    Coming aboard, was hired

1 I would think everyone does, but Naomi would in most cases

2 most likly to be paid by the QM

3 neither, she knew what she was signing up for before everything happened

4 not Naomi

@gm
    I can typically post 2 or more times a week if rl is not getting in the way
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-04-04 at 03:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Okay, I fell a bit behind on the building front (and still am behind, sadly), but basic frame is done and ready: meet Utra Griivens, (Air )Shugenja( of the All-Seeing Eye) 6/Paragnostic Apostle 1

I'll roll some hp now, and then I'll only have to equip her and make her fluffier: (5d6)[4][4][1][2][4](15) and (1d4)[1]. Speaking of which,

Likely to much of the professional sailors's dismay. She is an associate of the Learned Society, albeit not a full member.

Utra does, but only if the captain asks interesting questions. She works under Zipnog, perhaps as a secretary of some sort. At any rate, she doesn't take orders from weird-smelling sailor people.

She wouldn't say no to that (junior researcher are not terribly overpaid), but that is rather unlikely.

Certainly not. The Fairhorn Expedition is out in the ice for a reason! She is loyal to both Zipnog and the project overall, and in order not to see the whole endeavour utterly fail with no saving grace to the failure, she understands that restoring the ship to a working condition and keeping its crew alive appear neccessary.

Do you yearn for home?
    For science, one perseveres in hardship; enough said.

Or seek to escape?
    For science, one perseveres in hardship; enough said.

Is anyone a stowaway?
    Well, Utra isn't, but someone of her size is easy to stow away somewhere if the space she'd otherwsie occupy is needed for other purposes.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

Was Hired as an extra hand in case attacked by pirates.

Only if there is an attack otherwise I keep to myself

Yes, but only half pay unless something serious breaks out.

Do you yearn for home?
    No I got the itch to explore like my ancestors before me.

Here's the start of my Familiar Rose
    Last edited by razorfloss; 2024-04-05 at 12:41 PM.
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Skar Windspeaker still needs to finish putting together his load out.

Barebones backstory-wise, using the questions:

He felt the wind billowing into the city one day, and followed it, all the way to the docks, where it seemed to alight just as he came in sight of The Harmonious Spirit. So he volunteered his services as a weather forecaster, lookout/scout, and observational researcher. Zipnog saw the value, Captain Fairhorn, having no idea who this person was nor whether his capabilities lived up to his talk, agreed for standard deckhand pay and the expectation of performing crew duties.

Skar answers to the captain insofar as the captain is the commander of the ship. Though the captain at this point generally lets him do his thing, since he's been extremely helpful in keeping rations stocked with the bounty of the sea, and has predicted several squalls far enough in advance for the ship to prepare and weather them or navigate around.

No, just rations, which Skar generally shares with others instead of eating himself.

The first time he dove headfirst overboard, he sparked quite a commotion on deck as everyone scrambled to get rope to throw him. Of course then he turned into a shark and began collecting fish which his eagle then passed up to the deck. After that everyone just kind of didn't stop him from going wherever unless it was somewhere confidential, like the captain's quarters.

Do you yearn for home?
    I yearn to go where the wind has asked me.

Or seek to escape?
    I am free. There is naught that I need escape from.

Is anyone a stowaway?
    Huh... that could have been a good fallback if the captain had not agreed to allow me on board.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Players May Now Choose Their Text Color

The CircleNavigator Departs
    His Return Has Been Foretold To Take Place
    Monday, April 8, 2024

10. - Top - End - #10

AssassinGuy

Djin will be speaking in Blue
    Last edited by Yas392; 2024-04-05 at 06:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Orion shall be speaking in Purple I also forgot how terrible the hexblades spell list

edit: My familar can speak so i need to pick a color for herDark orange
    Last edited by razorfloss; 2024-04-20 at 04:24 PM.
    Its not about having good grades It's about passing the semester

Currently Playing

Sorin Dalmark
    Nicholas (Nick if he likes you) Lorchester
    Jeqem Ashthorn

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Naomi will use hot pink

if thats too bright let me know (edited)
    Last edited by samduke; 2024-04-06 at 07:53 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Stylianos Saggio

Players May Now Choose Their Text Color

The CircleNavigator Departs
    His Return Has Been Foretold To Take Place
    Monday, April 8, 2024
    Are you going to try to watch the Solar Eclipse?

Stylianos Saggio will speak in Golden Rod with bold font.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2024-04-09 at 06:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Skaruvus will speak in plum, since lavender is hard to see.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Town Square execution.

Fistful of Fate character: Aereck Tarrinsen

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Sorry, bit confused, since I hadn't finished my sheet I assumed I was not picked, since nobody has taken Teal, I'll claim it I fin it pleasant to read teal.

My shee will be posted here when I finish the gear I do have one question for the Navigator when they are back on Monday. My background is that Gozen was originally a Naturalist/assitant medic that signed up on a royal expedition 15 years ago on a ship that was wrecked on the ice, and they faced "the beast" so that's why he became a leviathan hunter. Kind of a Charles Darwin >> Turns into Captain Ahab vibe (I also read Dan Simmons The Terror last year and I like the tundra idea).

However, rangers, however cool, are only really effective if they have the right favored enemy for the campaign. I'm going with Magical beasts and just hope I made the right choice...

Gozen the Naturalist
    m N Human Leviathan Hunter, Level 7, Init 2, HP 56/56, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, Fort 8, Ref 5, Will 5, Base Attack Bonus 7/+2
    Guisarme +11 (1d10+5, )
    +1 Long Bow, Mighty Composite (+3str) +10/+10 (1d8+4, )
    Ice Pick +11 ( , )
    Studded Leather (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Condition None
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-04-08 at 08:40 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Okay, Utra is mechanically done, I believe, and I even ditched the Boots of the Winterlands she had (sorry 'bout that; I was a tad late to realize you want to keep the wilds wild). I'll finish up the fluff early next week; until then, I'll hope the questionnaire thing and the physical basics on the sheet will suffice.

As for colours, is Navy distinct enough from Yas's Blue?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Like the movement of the celestial spheres
    The CircleNavigator reappears with mechanical precision

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    Stylianos Saggio

Are you going to try to watch the Solar Eclipse?

Stylianos Saggio will speak in Golden Rod with bold font.
    Do or do not

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    Sorry, bit confused, since I hadn't finished my sheet I assumed I was not picked, since nobody has taken Teal, I'll claim it I find it pleasant to read teal.

My sheet will be posted here when I finish the gear I do have one question for the Navigator when they are back on Monday. My background is that Gozen was originally a Naturalist/assistant medic that signed up on a royal expedition 15 years ago on a ship that was wrecked on the ice, and they faced "the beast" so that's why he became a leviathan hunter. Kind of a Charles Darwin >> Turns into Captain Ahab vibe (I also read Dan Simmons The Terror last year and I like the tundra idea).

However, rangers, however cool, are only really effective if they have the right favored enemy for the campaign. I'm going with Magical beasts and just hope I made the right choice...
    Thanks for joining us Auranghzeb, I too find teal pleasant to read.

Magical beasts is probably the best choice you could have made for favored enemy in this environment.
    Last edited by CircleNavigator; 2024-04-08 at 01:43 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

A conversation between Zipnog, Thatchoder, and the Quartermaster

A rat squeaks as it deftly navigates along a beam running over the head of the Master-At-Arms. Who crouches to speak to Mr. Zipnog and the Quartermaster, who rests against the bulkhead his arms folded tight. Away from all others, three men conspire.

“We have before us an opportunity which can simply not be missed.”
    Insists Mr. Zipnog, “The interior is largely uncharted, its species uncatalogued. A scientist must join the mission.”

“That seems dangerous.” Cautions the Quartermaster, stroking the grey hairs on his chin.

“For science, one perseveres in hardship.” Zipnog recites.

“Wow Wendell, I admire your bravery.” Offers Mr. Thatchoder, both surprised and impressed.

“Oh no, not I, no. I will send an aide to collect samples and take notes for my next book.”
    Mr. Zipnog clarifies.

The Master-At-Arms says nothing, as his new found respect quickly evaporates.

“I brought aboard an odd fellow.”
    Zipnog continues, “Claims to be entune with the natural world. Some of the stories circulating amongst the crew are obvious exaggerations but thus far his weather forecasts have proved true.”

“I too have a volunteer who can be pressed into service.”
    Confirms the quartermaster. “With the masts stripped of their sails we have little use for his talents onboard. But I know the man, filled in for us in a pinch a few harbors back. A good reliable scout with a taste for danger.”

“Discipline is hanging on by a thread, we can all see that.” The three men share a knowing glance between them, as the Master-At-Arms continues with his assessment. “Too much longer out here and we’re going to have problems. Boredom leads to rowdiness, rowdiness to discord and discord to violence. I want the hired swords off my ship. Give them something to do, even if that task is guarding a group of feeble scientists mucking about in the snow.”

“What we’ve accomplished” snaps Mr. Zipnog ready to defend his life’s work from such vile slander.

“Hardly the time, my friends.” Interjects the quartermaster, acting as a mediator between two reluctant co-operators. “Come, follow me, we will present our recommendations to the captain together.”

With a wave of his arm, the quartermaster escorts the others up the ladder towards the wardroom.

To Be Continued…

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

1) How did your character come aboard?

2) Who answers to the captain?

3) Do you receive pay from the quartermaster?

4) Or do you go where you please?

5) Do you yearn for home or seek to escape?

6) Is anyone a stowaway?
    1) Stylianos came onboard due to his wide knowledge base, skill at oration, and skill at the art of diplomacy and deception. Captain Fairhorn hired him to entertain the rest of the crew and to speak with any natives the expedition may encounter.

2) Stylianos answers to Captain Fairhorn to the extent Captain Fairhorn is the Captain of the ship. Stylianos sees this as a job where he gets to travel and see the world, but its still just a job at the end of the day.

3) Stylianos recieves pay.

4) Stylianos is part of the crew.

5) Stylianos wanted to escape his home, because it was boring there and he wanted an adventure.

6) Stylianos is part of the crew.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2024-04-09 at 06:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Shifting her body to the right was not enough, pushing with both her feet against the only perch available allows her to launch between the narrow floorboards. Why crawl the space below? Subjecting oneself to the cramped filthy conditions. That piercing shriek, too quiet for most to hear calls to her.

She crawls upon her belly, eyes always forward, moving silently towards the sound. Allowing the footfall of the crew overhead to mask her approach.

Listen (1d20+3)[7]
    Move Silently (1d20+6)[9]

A drip of black goo drops on to her forehead, running down the side of her face, nearly getting into her open yellow eye. Appalled by the sticky sensation, she immediately stops her pursuit. Licking her digits to wipe away the disgusting, foul-smelling gunk. After fifteen minutes of intense grooming she is once again her charismatic self.

The shriek, still present has moved into the distance. With renewed vigor she pushes herself forward. A great chasm opens up before her, without fear she leaps into the darkness. Landing upon the deck with the softest tap. She is somewhere between the walls, a place few have seen.

Placing one foot in front of the next, and then again and again, she stalks the beast. Thick black unwashed fur, a long tail like that of a dragon, teeth too big for its mouth, hands able to grasp objects and a ruthless megalomaniacal intelligence. Concealed by the darkness, her breathing steady, she pounces. Drawing ten blades as a quick action, the beast is instantaneously dispatched in a devastating sneak attack. No longer tormented by the sonic assault. She devours most of the body, rump and tail, leaving the head tucked away. A gift for Tobias, when she returns to his bed in the early morning hours.

Climbing upward, she leaps from ledge to ledge, pulling her body weight up a vertical wall with no handholds.

Jump (1d20+10)[18]
    Climb (1d20+6)[26]

Voices from the other side of the wall she recognizes as belonging to the captain and his associate. A gap in the wood allows her to squeeze herself through. Into the opulent wardroom she saunters, unnoticed or ignored.

Seated in her preferred seat is Stylianos Saggio, receiving orders from the captain to join the mission ashore. Plied with drink and smoke, Mr. Saggio is permitted to fill the room with his music as the men engage in spirited discussions on art and culture.

Their camaraderie is intruded upon by Gozen the Naturalist. A man of experience, whose sorrows are worn outwardly upon his heavily lined face. He wraps himself in furs and winter full cloth as if already eager to depart.

Once together, the conversation shifts to urgent practicalities for the mission ahead. The captain stressing his priorities to both men.

“Each of you must ensure that our ship’s return to operation remain the focus and priority of all. To that end you are to engage diplomatically with any who can provide assistance. You are to do so skillfully, we certainly do not need any hostilities in our current state.

You both know the monsters that live outside of our home islands. Whether through story or deed. You are going in without the mercy of ignorance. Look out for those who do not know. When you encounter the megafauna, I am certain you will do what you must.”

At this time the assassin jumps into the captain’s lap uninvited. Settling as he rests a wrinkled hand upon her shoulder. Belly full, body warm, she drifts off to sleep, as the three men continue to talk.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Does anyone need help with their character or backstory?

Does anyone have any questions?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Does anyone need help with their character or backstory?

Does anyone have any questions?
    Assuming we reach level 8, I'd like to multiclass to paladin (sentinel), which is a neutral good version of paladin. Any rules for that?

Also, besides greater bracers of archery, do you recommend any other magic items?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Zhentarim View Post
    Assuming we reach level 8, I'd like to multiclass to paladin (sentinel), which is a neutral good version of paladin. Any rules for that?

Also, besides greater bracers of archery, do you recommend any other magic items?
    No problem with you multiclassing as a sentinel, but standard multi-classing penalties apply. How many levels did you want to gain? What deity would your character follow and why the sudden surge of devotion?

As for magic items, a watch lamp, vest of defense, unicorn pendant, boots of striding and springing, cloak of charisma. Those are just off the top of my head. Do you intend to be ranged combat only?

26. - Top - End - #26

AssassinGuy

Are you going to create an In Character thread?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

What is everyone's status?

28. - Top - End - #28

Ready and already voulnteered for the suicide mission (by Zipnog (who really is a gnome))!

Also, if anyone missed, there's a picture of Utra on the shhet now:
    Spoiler: Utra
    Show

Yes, she's kinda bad at making friendly faces.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

No problem with you multiclassing as a sentinel, but standard multi-classing penalties apply. How many levels did you want to gain? What deity would your character follow and why the sudden surge of devotion?

As for magic items, a watch lamp, vest of defense, unicorn pendant, boots of striding and springing, cloak of charisma. Those are just off the top of my head. Do you intend to be ranged combat only?
    This shipwreck will make them realize the importance of people working together and looking out for each other's good. Potentially early in the campaign, they may encounter an evil person, too. The paladin dip will only be 2 levels worth (levels 8 and 9) before returning to bard.

As far as deities go, I'm partial to NG or CG, maybe some kind of patron deity of art and music, since Stylianos is still predominantly a bard.

I intend to be mostly ranged combat.

I hate to break it to you but you’re not investigating the shipwreck. You're on the shipwreck, no one is coming to save you. Your skills are exactly why Captain Fairhorn or Mr. Zipnog would have invited you along.

As for spells Cause Fear Disguise / Alter Self, Feather Fall, Identify, Sleep, Unseen Servant, Any buffs, Invisibility, plus healing is always useful.

As for backstory you can make your character anyone you want them to be.
    I still need to add my spells. I keep forgetting.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2024-04-11 at 12:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Ready and already voulnteered for the suicide mission (by Zipnog (who really is a gnome))!

Also, if anyone missed, there's a picture of Utra on the shhet now:
    Spoiler: Utra
    Show

Yes, she's kinda bad at making friendly faces.
    I saw the image, she looks .... Ready