New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) OOC

I think they request a new thread start at 50 pages. I'm getting freed up so please consider Harman available for action. Wondering if the three of us should forego some sleep and hunt down the horse bandits at night. See if we can get paid from the other caravan leader. Maybe work out a deal where Lorenzo gets rights to some ore. Our watch is ending soon.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Eh, doesn't feel like the other caravan gaurds see an urgent need for our help, and we have plenty on our plates already, so I'm having Severin recommend we mind our own business.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

So what do you guys want to do?

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Maybe we can talk to Lorenzo about him offering our services to Otto for any problems in the mines in exchange for a cut of some of the ore.

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LarsWester View Post
    Maybe we can talk to Lorenzo about him offering our services to Otto for any problems in the mines in exchange for a cut of some of the ore.
    It's worth a try actually. It's a bit more of a justification then just trying to join up as mercenaries. And we maybe look less like two mercenaries who were at Stralwald.

Other then that, for the sake of answering some of the questions from Rax's list from earlier

https://forums.giantitp.com/showsing...&postcount=749

Gabriele is going to spend some time at the pulqueria to get more of a sense of people's attitude to Tollares. I think we wanted to talk to more people.
    Gossip vs. Fel 32
    (1d100)[8]

And will be keeping an eye out for Tick because I ideally want to know where he sleeps and hangs out during the day.
    Perception vs. Int 38 (+20 Acute Hearing)
    (1d100)[92]

Will be keeping her distance if she can but might have to just deal with getting noticed if it happens

Do the rest of us know about Harman's target? I could probably throw a Gossip test at that as well if we do.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Yeah Harman would have shared the story of his target while on guard duty. Do we want to take Tick out? Wouldn't be the first bandit Harman's killed.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it's safer so we don't have to answer awkward questions.

At the least we need a story about what we were doing in Stralwald if that doesn't work out. Maybe they just paid really well.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Severin does feel that Tick has outstayed his welcome on Esmeralda's good green earth, but he wants to squeeze him for information about Myrtle (really important) and anything else related to our official mission (less important) before putting him down. So ideally we need to get Tick alone somewhere where we can interrogate him undisturbed.

Severin will absolutely help Harman with his business if Harman helps with Severin's.

I agree that using Lorenzo to open the door to getting hired by Tollares seems like a good idea. Again, however, that will ideally happen after Tick has "deserted his post". If we can get ourselves hired, then perhaps it will also be easier to take a look at the Dwarven underground.

@dojango
    Would a Gossip test to find out where Tick sleeps or hangs out when off duty risk alerting him to our presence?

9. - Top - End - #789
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Would a Gossip test to find out where Tick sleeps or hangs out when off duty risk alerting him to our presence?
    One plan for the taking Tick out is to have Harman play bait at the bar. He already jumped one young drunk guy to steal his boots. Imagine if there was a drunk with a gun talking loudly about how he can't find powder anywhere. It doesn't matter how many crowns he has if no has powder.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Severin does feel that Tick has outstayed his welcome on Esmeralda's good green earth, but he wants to squeeze him for information about Myrtle (really important) and anything else related to our official mission (less important) before putting him down. So ideally we need to get Tick alone somewhere where we can interrogate him undisturbed.

Severin will absolutely help Harman with his business if Harman helps with Severin's.

I agree that using Lorenzo to open the door to getting hired by Tollares seems like a good idea. Again, however, that will ideally happen after Tick has "deserted his post". If we can get ourselves hired, then perhaps it will also be easier to take a look at the Dwarven underground.

@dojango
    Depends on how you do... a simple failure wouldn't risk it, but a mega failure? Word might get back to him that someone's looking for him.

Spreading rumors about a target would also be a gossip check as well.
    Last edited by dojango; 2022-01-17 at 12:39 AM.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Planting bait rumors and finding more about Tick's schedule will need gossip checks from Harman and Severin
    [roll0]
    To find out Tick's schedule. Not sure if my Streetwise talent applies or not.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Apparently i previewed the last post which messed with roing (1d100)[43] if streetwise applies then its 48 orherwise 38.

13. - Top - End - #793
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Gossip check (1d100)[39] vs. 52
    FP re-roll if needed (1d100)[33]

In other news, I've finally managed to catch covid and it's playing out like a really bad cold. I've basically no energy and no ability to concentrate. So for the time being, please feel free to NPC Severin and post for me if needed to keep the action going.

14. - Top - End - #794
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Gossip check [roll0] vs. 52
    FP re-roll if needed [roll1]

In other news, I've finally managed to catch covid and it's playing out like a really bad cold. I've basically no energy and no ability to concentrate. So for the time being, please feel free to NPC Severin and post for me if needed to keep the action going.
    Sorry to hear that man. Rest and get better.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground

Gossip check [roll0] vs. 52
    FP re-roll if needed [roll1]

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's mild.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Yeah, hopefully you feel better in a few days, we'll still be here.

17. - Top - End - #797
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I'm better(-ish) but have a nasty cough to remind me of my brush with covid. Saps the energy right out of you...

I'm happy to let Harman and Gabriele do the IC talking for now, assume Severin goes along with whatever they come up with.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Do we want to try and see if we can get hired to investigate the mine issues or just go sticking our noses in there? I thought we mentioned maybe getting our caravan master to suggest to Sol that we go take a look. Tick can't be found right now so maybe we try to find and remove that guy first.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Since Severin has put us forward for investigating the disappearances, it feels like the next logical step is to keep pushing that angle, preferably with the backing of Lorenzo. Sneaking off to investigate the dwarven tunnels by ourselves seems like a worse idea, since our conversation likely means we're going to be watched for a while.

If we run into Tick, we'll have to be opportunistic in dealing with him. If he tries to rat us out to Sol, we can honestly claim that while we were serving the Duke at Stralwald, we're serving Lorenzo now (we're mercenaries after all). We can certainly be honest about our dislike for Tick as well, so that Sol is in no doubt that Tick is ratting us out because he's an enemy as much as out of any sense of loyalty to his new employer.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Okay so off to find Lorenzo then right?

21. - Top - End - #801
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd say so. Deciding not to worry too much about running into Tick might make things easier.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Severin's having a fit of sarcasm...

23. - Top - End - #803
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Well they are being jerks so that's fair. I'll get a post up tomorrow.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

In ages past, there was a WFRP adventure in White Dwarf featuring disappearances in a mine. The culprit turned out to be an Ambull from 40k.

I'm quite looking forward to finding out what's behind the disappearances in our little campaign...

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

In ages past, there was a WFRP adventure in White Dwarf featuring disappearances in a mine. The culprit turned out to be an Ambull from 40k.

I'm quite looking forward to finding out what's behind the disappearances in our little campaign...
    If it's an Ambull we're in a lot of trouble.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Would Outdoor Survival give any information about the mushrooms?
    OSvs36 - (1d100)[71] probably not with that roll!

27. - Top - End - #807
    Ettin in the Playground

Good point

Outdoor Survival on Mushrooms
    vs. Int 38
    (1d100)[39]

Perception vs. Int 38 (+20 if Acute Hearing)
    (1d100)[11]

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Just a note to say I've been dealing with a bit of an illness. I'll be posting again soon but may need a day or two more. Don't hold up on account of Harman. He'll just tag along bumping his head.

29. - Top - End - #809
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Absolutely knackered today. Aiming to post tomorrow evening.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Would it be a Strength check to climb the rope up the shaft?