New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546474863 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1912
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

Bert gasps at that. "A hundred? That's an army! Fine, go talk to the girl and then let's get out of here, I don't like staying too close. I'll keep an eye on you... but someone's got to get back to the village with that news."

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"If you see big men with swords grab us and take us back to the camp, then make a run for it back to Stralwald. Otherwise, we'll be back as soon as we've spoken to Berry and got a better idea of the size of Colten's 'army'. Then we'll all head back to Stralwald together," Severin replies.

"Gabriele - want to see if we can make our date with young Berry?"

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

'As he said. If we get in any trouble we'll get ourselves out of it.' Gabriele assumed Bert didn't need to be told.

To Severin, 'Maybe we have a look around first just to check there's no one else listening in.'

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Leaving Bert skulking in the thicket, you stealthily make your way towards the outskirts of the camp. Gabrielle's keen ears pick up the sound of voices as you approach. Holding up for a moment, she hears some people talking.

"Coulda sworn they went this way," "Damn sneaks always disappearing" "Let's just jump them back at the camp" "Colten's not gonna like it" "Jes' gonna give them a good thrashing" "They killed Fats n' Redeye and woulda killed me! Let's at least break something!" That last voice you recognize as Tick's.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought he took that too well. Gabriele will tap Severin on the shoulder and point in the direction of the voices. She'll lean down and whisper, 'I think Tick and his mates want a chat with us. Is it worth dealing with them now?'

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Can you tell how many there are? I don't fancy our chances if they outnumber us, and besides, we're supposed to be having a chat with Berry. If we get in a fight, it needs to be quick and quiet, or we're going to be stuck here a lot longer than we want to be," Severin whispers back.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gabrielle hears four different voices, so there are at least four of them.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ettin in the Playground

'At least four. How many friends can Tick have anyway?' Gabriele will look for somewhere dense enough with plants that she could easily hide if they were coming this way. 'If we don't stay out of their way they may not give us a choice.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Perception to judge if they're getting closer
    vs. Int 38 (+20 Acute Hearing)
    (1d100)[46]

Concealment vs. Ag 48 (+10 Rover)
    (1d100)[56]

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

It doesn't sound like they are getting closer. They are between you and the camp. There is some continued grumbling about things. Tick seems to be trying to encourage them to keep searching so they can give you a 'good thrashing', but the others seem to be loosing interest in the search. Eventually one says "Les' just go back and play some cards. We'll kick them around when we see them." You can hear them walking off back towards the camp.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Severin lets out a sigh of relief as the thugs begin moving back towards the camp.

"Sounds like we dodged a bullet there," he whispers to Gabriele. "Give 'em five minutes, then we go looking for Berry?"

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Severin lets out a sigh of relief as the thugs begin moving back towards the camp.

"Sounds like we dodged a bullet there," he whispers to Gabriele. "Give 'em five minutes, then we go looking for Berry?"
    'Now they're just going to try that again in camp.' Gabriele was already regretting not just putting an arrow in Tick back at the lake. After waiting a suitable interval she'll go looking for Berry.

Spoiler
    Show

Move Silent in case there's someone else out here
    vs. Ag 48 (+10 Rover)
    (1d100)[17]

Perception
    vs. Int 38 (+20 Acute Hearing)
    (1d100)[3]

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A few minutes go by, and the forest returns to stillness. The two of you creep back towards camp, when you hear the distinct thud of an ax on wood. Following it, you see Berry working hard to turn a sapling into firewood. Two bundles are already beside you. She pauses for a moment to wipe sweat and tears off her face.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabriele will cough lightly to announce herself 'Sit down for a minute kid, I don't want you to have to do any more work if I can help it.' If Berry is willing she'll take the axe and finish chopping up the sapling. 'You have any trouble getting out here?'

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Berry sees you and startles. "Oh! I thought you weren't coming..." she lets the ax fall and starts crying.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabriele will kneel down and give Berry a hug. 'Sorry, some people from the camp wanted a chat.'

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"Yeah, nasty people. Fellow by the name of Tick didn't take too kindly to us putting down two of his mates," Severin explains.

"Listen, Berry, I know you've had a rough time of it, but we need to ask you some things and we're short on time. You feel up to answering our questions? Then we can talk about your future."

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She looks at Severin. "Fine. Ask." She takes the ax away from Gabrielle and starts chopping at one of the fallen saplings.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Severin nods in acknowledgement of Berry's willingness to help despite her troubles. "Alright, first things first. This farm belonged to your family, is that right? Are there any other survivors here apart from you?"

"Second, as you can probably tell, we're not from around here. Where I'm from us halflings stick together, but it doesn't seem like that's always the case down here. You got any beef with anyone in Stralwald?"

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ettin in the Playground

Severin nods in acknowledgement of Berry's willingness to help despite her troubles. "Alright, first things first. This farm belonged to your family, is that right? Are there any other survivors here apart from you?"

"Second, as you can probably tell, we're not from around here. Where I'm from us halflings stick together, but it doesn't seem like that's always the case down here. You got any beef with anyone in Stralwald?"
    Gabriele remembers the severed heads and assumes the worst. Still, better that one of them asked.

'Even if she has, got to be better then here.'

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She stops and says, "Y.. Yeah... My cousin and my sis'... seen them... the others..." she breaks down and starts sobbing.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

'Best not to think about that now. There'll be time enough once we get you out of here. Where are your cousin and sister?'

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Up in the other camps. They're... well, like me. Working."

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    "Up in the other camps. They're... well, like me. Working."
    After a pause, 'There are more camps then this one? You seen them?'

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"On the other sides of the house. They, uh, used to get in fights with each other so they gotta stay apart."

Spoiler
    Show
    There are three groups or factions in the bandits, and they camp separately with the farmhouse in the center. The groups are "the new guys" where you are, "the old vets" that Tick is part of, and "the northerners" that came down with Colten. So she means that they are with the other two groups. "The Northerners" are the ones that you've been told to avoid.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Ettin in the Playground

'Ah, we were warned about them. Violent lads apparently. I don't suppose you know where your relatives are sleeping?' It probably wouldn't be that easy. 'Or we go have a look around to see for ourselves.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Was worried this was new information

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"I, uh, I'm not sure. I saw Myrtle a few days ago when I was getting rations. She looked... well, sick... I think she's in the northerner's camp. Not sure where my sister is. Haven't seen her in a week or so. But she's with the other camp."

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

"You thinking about breaking the whole lot of 'em out?" Severin mutters to Gabriele.

"Berry, lass, you do chores and cooking around here, right? Since we got here, everyone's been complaining about not having enough to eat. You got any more details on that? Would you be able to hazard a guess as to how much food there is in this camp and how long it'll last?"

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

"You thinking about breaking the whole lot of 'em out?" Severin mutters
    'Depends on how dangerous it is to try. Can't be cutting into random tents on the off chance.'

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She thinks for a moment. "Uh, they brought up some stuff with them. Couple of carts. And they got what was in the cellar. That's where the food is stored. Under lock and key. With so many mouths though... they'll be out in a fortnite, although they've been trying to forage some."

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

'All the food in one place? Shame if something happened to it' Gabriele mutters 'But it's probably well guarded.'

Something else had occurred to her, 'They got many horses?'