A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 1829
  1. - Top - End - #1741
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gretchen looks back at Severin and says, "It was given to me as a gift. It would have been rude to turn it down." She stares at him for a few moments, perhaps waiting for him to smirk or react. Then she says, "Caravan, eh? Take me to see him. If this Lorenzo is on the list then the boss will be real glad to see what the caravan's bringing. And if not... well, he'll still be glad to see what the caravan is bringing."

    The halfling lets out a whistle and in a few minutes the others emerge from the hiding places, fetch their ponies, and mount up. Gretchen says to Gabriele, "Oh, aye, we're keeping an eye out in Stralwald. All those people left their homes unguarded. Just makin' sure no troublemakers decide to move in, you ken?" She chuckles and then says, "We'll escort your caravan to Inselberg. Can't be too careful. They say there's bandits about."

  2. - Top - End - #1742
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Harman eyes Gretchen Manglepie suspiciously, but waits to follow Severin's lead. It seemed the halfling had some rapport established with the little lady. Outnumbered so greatly there may be little choice offered but to comply for the time being.

  3. - Top - End - #1743
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Well, then you're obviously a woman of character to accept it with such grace," Severin replies, keeping his tone carefully neutral. "Lorenzo says he's on the list, or we wouldn't have taken the job. Word is Solomon keeps the roads clear of real bandits."

  4. - Top - End - #1744
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele felt bad at the idea that after Colton someone like Gretchen would come in to rob the survivors but it wasn't like she could do much about it at the moment. Maybe the people of Stralwald were a little more battlehardened these days.

    After Severin speaks, 'Seen many real bandits lately?' At the mention of the list Gabriele adds conversationally, 'Seems like it would be awfully easy for someone's name to disapear from a list like that.'

  5. - Top - End - #1745
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gretchen looks pleased at what Severin says, and replies, "Oh, you heard about that? Yeah, bloody Stralwalders tryin' ta cause trouble for the locals. We sent them packing, mostly, save a few who were too slow." She chuckles. "Been keeping an eye out to see if they come back. Was hopin' they would so I could get some pay-back. Other than that, things been pretty clear. Caught some beastmen tryin' to sneak over the river a few months ago, but they ran off after we put some arrows in them."

    To Gabriele she just waves her hand dismissively. "Yeah, that's boring stuff, I don't deal with boring stuff. Cause it's boring. You wanna deal with that, you talk to the Brandmeister. Now c'mon, take me to yer boss. It's almost time for second brekkie and I'm gettin' hungry. What kinda spread does he put on?"

  6. - Top - End - #1746
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    What kinda spread does he put on?"
    Harman relaxes slightly following Severin and Gabriele's lead. Not sure it will be up to halfling standards but Severin here hasn't complained too much. the tall man joked nervously. Are there many, what do you call them Severin, Longshanks working for Solomon or is it mostly halflings such as yourself?

  7. - Top - End - #1747
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele's eyes narrowed at the description of the Stralwalders causing trouble. She wondered if they had been refugees. 'Heard Stralwald was having trouble with raiders from the south' she says neutrally.

    She'd like to believe that Gretchen didn't care enough to break any deals but she'll keep an eye on her people anyway.

  8. - Top - End - #1748
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Beastmen? I haven't heard about beastmen roaming around the place before. Just Orcs and bandits," Severin says, sounding a little alarmed. "Whereabouts did they come from?" he asks as they lead Gretchen back to Lorenzo's caravan.

  9. - Top - End - #1749
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    To Harman, she says, "Oh, the boss has got a lot of people working for him, big and small. But lessee, I'm the lead scout. I keep an eye on what's goin' on out here. Uh, there's Brandmeister Ethan that handles the boring stuff, and Beauregard Scully is the 'troubleshooter' if you make trouble in town. And then Renn the Chiseler runs the mines. We handle stuff for the boss so he can, ya know, do boss stuff."

    To Gabriele, she answers, "Oh yeah, we heard about that. Seems like they sent some of Otto's boys packing. Didn't think they had it in them. Ha!"

    To Severin she waves her hands to the south and says, "The beastmen mostly live across the river, I guess. They roam down there but sometimes they try and cross the river. Fortunately it's pretty deep and wide so they don't usually make it across, but if they do, me and the scouts try and hunt them down. Before they can eat too many goats. Or goat herders."

    As they ride back to the caravan, Gretchen is happy to talk. Once they arrive, the caravan is mostly packed up, but Gretchen laughs and asks what the hurry is, and tells them to break out the good stuff. Lorenzo sighs and the two men who handle the cooking light a fire and start cooking up some of the provisions. The other halfling scouts soon swarm the food, tearing through a string or two of sausages and a couple dozen drop biscuits. Gretchen and Lorenzo talk quietly for a few minutes, before Lorenzo sighs and they shake hands. "Don't worry, chief, we'll make sure you get ta town safely," she says. Eventually everything is packed up again and the caravan heads onwards, stopping only for lunch and tea time. She pulls her horse alongside Severin and the others, and asks, "So, what brings you lot to the southlands, squire?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll gossip I guess and if you have any more questions for her, let me know.

  10. - Top - End - #1750
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gretchen thanks for asking, I just got to the Southlands recently. Suspect it's the same reason as most. Freedom and opportunity to make your own path forward to fame and fortune, am I right?
    Harman rides on the other side of Gabriele as Severin. He has sensed the connection between the two and doesn't want to get between the two.
    Came here after I heard some old friends of mine made their way this direction. But fear I may have been chasing rumors as I haven't met anyone who heard of his passing through. He's an old roguish type named Gerhart. I've been asking most people I meet about him. Meet any relative newcomers by that name? He's one of the tallfolk.
    Spoiler: Gossip
    Show

    GossipVs49 - (1d100)[31]

  11. - Top - End - #1751
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Same as most folks, I reckon. Bad memories and a worse future up north. Thought I'd see what it's like south o' the mountains," Severin replies truthfully. "I'll tell you one thing though - I didn't expect to find quite so many Halflings down here, nor so many feuds. In the Empire, us regular folk stick together. No raids and homestead burnings like I've heard happens here."

    OOC: I'll delay a Gossip check until Severin has a better handle on Gretchen. Right now, he's hard pressed to tell whether she's the victim of bad press or if she's some sort of sociopath, so he's a little concerned about what sort of questions he dares ask and how she might react to them.

  12. - Top - End - #1752
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    "So, what brings you lot to the southlands, squire?"
    'Money.' Gabriele replies tersely. 'What's Sol like as a boss?'

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Gossip vs. Fel 32
    (1d100)[54]

  13. - Top - End - #1753
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC



    Gretchen looks at Harman and says, "I hear alotta people come down here to get away from annoying questions. Maybe yer friend did that too." To Severin, she says, "Well, if you didn't see it I guess it never happened, yeah?" Then she looks Gabriele up and down, a little more thoroughly. "Mercenary? You thinking of ditching your boss over there already? Ha! Go talk to Renn. He's always lookin' for muscle."

    The caravan winds through the rocky valley floor, going down into the arroyos, and then up again. In the distance a large mesa slowly appears in the distance. As you get closer you can see buildings clustered on top. The road leads to the base of the rubble at the cliff. There is a large warehouse, crudly built, and a few pens filled with goats and oxen. A man comes out of the warehouse with a few guards and shakes Lorenzo's hand. They start speaking Tilean for a few minutes, and then the man says in Reikspiel to the guards and drovers, "Welcome to Inselberg, friends! I am Galeazzo Carafa and I handle much of the trade here. Lorenzo and I have much to discuss tonight. The rest of you can go up to the village and enjoy yourselves. But not too much, eh! And mind your poke, for Ranald's sake."

    Lorenzo points to a three of the guards and tells them they're on guard duty, and then pays out a week's wages to everybody. "Try not to spend it all," he says dourly. He points towards the rocky scree at the base of the cliff and says, "There's a trail up to the top over there."

  14. - Top - End - #1754
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Is there any particular establishment you'd recommend to a weary first time visitor?" Severin asks Lorenzo.

  15. - Top - End - #1755
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    "Is there any particular establishment you'd recommend to a weary first time visitor?" Severin asks Lorenzo.
    "Yeah, none of them. Stay here and sleep under the wagons."

  16. - Top - End - #1756
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Sounds fair, but what if one was in search of something to drink or other entertainment?" Severin clarifies. "And does Tollares have any 'official' rules we need to be careful about if we go up there?"

  17. - Top - End - #1757
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    Then she looks Gabriele up and down, a little more thoroughly. "Mercenary? You thinking of ditching your boss over there already? Ha! Go talk to Renn. He's always lookin' for muscle."
    Gabriele will pretend to think about it, 'I'd say it'd depend on what the locals are like. There's only some much getting bothered by idiots I can take before I need to move on.'

    To Lorenzo later, 'Something tells me trying to sleep up there might be a bad idea. How likely is it that someone will try to rob us if it looks like we have any money at all?'

  18. - Top - End - #1758
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The other Tilean, Galeazzo laughs and says, "Well, there's a brothel up there, your boys will be spending most of their pay there I reckon. And the locals brew something out of the spine-leaf plants. They call it pulque, it'll get you drunk. Eventually." He points at the wagons. "Food here's a little harder to come by, we'll buy up as much as you can cart over."

    "As far as rules, Sol doesn't really care if you start fights or cheat someone or steal something. Unless it's from one of Sol's loyalists, in which case they'll come down upon you like a ton of bricks. First offense, they'll let you off with a beating, unless they don't like your face or something. I wouldn't bring any money up there you don't mind parting with. Whether it be drink or gambling or... entertainment. If you have anything you don't want to worry about, you can store it with me or Lorenzo. Oh, and stay away from the mine on the other side of the mesa. He doesn't like people nosing around the slave quarters."
    Last edited by dojango; 2021-09-20 at 08:23 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #1759
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Harman decides to leave his horse loaded with his supplies including his pistol, shot, powder and carrier pigeons with the Tileans. He takes a two shillings stuffing them in his shirt pocket and looks to Severin and Gabriele. He also has a small coin purse with three silver in it. Are you two heading up there? Would certainly appreciate the company if you were inclined. Not going to partake of the brothel. Would advise against it as well. Harman checks his sword in his belt loop and slings his shield over his back. He also has a dagger hanging from his belt.
    Last edited by LarsWester; 2021-09-20 at 01:03 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #1760
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    This place was distasteful. To Galeazzo, 'I'll take a look. Except for that brothel. Don't want any misunderstandings.' Gabriele was pretty sure she could handle herself, but on the other hand it was always better to be careful among groups of drunken men, especially in a place like this. 'Hold on to most of my money for me and I'll see if I can catch you something nice on the way back.'

    To Harman, 'Well we've come all this way. Let's see how bad this place actually is.' Looking into this place was why they were here after all.

  21. - Top - End - #1761
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Aye, I didn't come all this way just to sleep under a wagon for a couple o' days. May as well check out what passes for civilization out here," Severin answers Harman.

    "Is there a handy way of knowing who's one of Sol's loyalists and who's just go a big mouth?" Severin asks Galeazzo.

    "Master Lorenzo, you're our employer. Would you be so kind as to hold on to this pouch for me?" he asks Lorenzo, patting the belt pouch in which he carries his coin.

  22. - Top - End - #1762
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Galeazzo says, "Well, there's some that have been with Sol for a while. Mostly we just know them by sight. Renn and Beauregard. Ethan. Oh yeah, Gretchen knows Sol from way back. Maybe a dozen more. The other guys that have only been here for a year or two, they don't got as much leeway, but Sol will side with them unless you've got a really good excuse. If you don't want to sleep on the ground, look for the Millstone Inn, they'll usually put up travelers for the night. Otherwise you'll have to beg someone to let you a room for the night."

    The hike up the side of the mesa takes some time. A wide trail switchbacks up the side of the cliff. At intervals there are carved benches to rest on, and halfway up there is a broken fountain. When it worked, water would have splashed out of a pitcher being offered by a stout-looking dwarven woman, but now it appears to serve as a latrine for people climbing the trail. Vandals have also chopped away at the statue here and there. Here and there you can also see arrow-slits carved out of the rock, commanding fine views of the trail below. Finally, you reach the top of the mesa. It towers about 300 feet above the valley floor, and the view from the top is spectacular. You can see the entire valley spread out, to the mountains in the north, east, and west, and the Igerang River twinkling in the distance to the south.

    Ahead of you the village stands. The buildings are made of mud-brick built on solid stone foundations. Mostly one or two stories tall. They huddle together leaving only narrow and dark alleyways between them. Outside of the village there is a small crowd of people around a crude bar, where a man is ladling out drinks from a couple of large barrels; that must be the cheapest and easiest drink around. Most of the guards and drivers from your caravan are already there. You can also see the brothel, one of the larger buildings, where women are calling down to their potential clients as they pass by. The largest building in town is in the center of the village.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Where would you like to go, what do you want to do, or who do you want to try and talk to? Also, make perception tests.
    Last edited by dojango; 2021-09-21 at 06:34 PM.

  23. - Top - End - #1763
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    At the top of the trail Gabriele will take a moment to take in the view before turning to the village. Was there any obvious sign that anyone was watching the new arrivals? 'We getting a drink?' she asks the others. At least the bar was surrounded by many of the people they'd came down here with. 'Drunk people like to talk. Maybe we'll here something about what your man might have been up to.' That last part was directed at Harman.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Perception vs. Int 38 (+20 if Acute Hearing)
    (1d100)[92]
    rerolled to 11 in the ooc

    Assuming we're going to the bar to mingle, Gabriele will ask the barman about anything that might have been going on here recently.
    Gossip vs. Fel 32
    (1d100)[76]


  24. - Top - End - #1764
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Harman walks alongside Gabriele and Severin. The road has taken its toll and the three have nothing new to share with each other. All the usual tales have been told in the week prior at night around a fire. There's relatively little small talk to make with someone you've spent the greater part of a week with. Views quite extraordinary from up here. Harman exclaims as they reach the top of the Mesa. From here one could pretty much keep an eye on major movements of forces in the valley below. The arrow slits and the cutbacks made Inselberg a very defensible position. The village would be a tough nut to crack for any military campaign. A drink sounds like a most excellent idea Gabriele. Harman responds and starts heading towards the tavern.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    PerceptionVs56 - (1d100)[12]
    GossipVs39 - (1d100)[95] for just general gossip in Inselberg. Vs 49% if Streetwise applies.

    FPforAbove - (1d100)[61] if both above fail fate point on Gossip. Still a fail.
    FP used 1/4
    Last edited by LarsWester; 2021-09-22 at 01:44 PM.

  25. - Top - End - #1765
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "I'm guessing the Dwarves did more than just build some houses on top o' the mesa. Very defensible," Severin comments as they pass the benches, the fountain and the arrow slits. "I guess the copper mine was originally theirs as well. That would explain why a jumped up hunter like Tollares was able to get it working again without the whole thing collapsing on his head."

    "Agreed on the drink, and it can't hurt to get the lay o' the land from some of the locals," he says when they reach the top. "Maybe find out where this Millstone Inn is as well, so we know what the alternative to sleeping on the ground is really like."

    Spoiler: Tests
    Show
    Perception test (1d100)[44] vs. Int 44

    Gossip test (1d100)[35] vs. 52 (Fel 42, Gossip +10)
    Part of our mission is to find out if Solomon was behind the attacks on the river shipping, so once people are drunk enough, Severin will mention that he's heard reports of such attacks and that it's making the merchants in Bremcote jumpy. He won't accuse anyone of being complicit in the attacks, he'll be putting it forth as a conversational piece, to hear if anyone else has heard about the attacks and to see how they react.

  26. - Top - End - #1766
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The sun is reaching low on the horizon, sending shadows long into the distance. Eventually it slips behind the mountains, and a few torches are lit, The three travellers head into the crowd around the bar and eventually manage to push their way to the front. The bartender impassively ladles out a milky liquid into the mugs held out by outstetched hands after they place the penny on the board. There are a dozen mugs tied to one of the poles for traveller who has forgotten his mug to use for an extra penny. After they have their drinks in hand, they look around. Except for the fact that this is outside in the open air, it could be a scene from any racous tavern. There is a dice game going on, a few men are leg-wrestling for money, and there is a man noisly retching not too far away, at the edge of the light.

    When you ask about a place to sleep, you learn that most of visitors (guards, drivers, itenerant herdsmen) camp rough outside the village when they've had their fill or run out of money. Inside the village, some of the locals will let people sleep on the floor for a few pennies, where it's warmer, and they probably won't try and rob you while you sleep. It almost never happens, despite what you might hear. The Millstone Inn is in the center of town, next to Sol's headquarters. It takes its name from the huge millstone in the center of the room. Too heavy to move, they must have built the building around it. They have a dozen or so private rooms for 5 s/night.

    Harman spends some time talking to people, but doesn't discern much useful information. The usual boring tavern-gossip. He does spot two men standing in the shadows, who are starting intently at the vomiting drunk. With his experience on the streets, he can tell they are sizing up a mark. Once the drunk man settles down, sitting on the ground nodding off, they pick him up by the shoulders, and help him stagger away into the darkness outside the village...

    Gabriele tries to talk to the bartender. When she asks if anything has been going on, he launches into a long tirade. Apparently one of those 'thieving herdsmen' let the goats break into one of his family's agave fields, and they ate up a year's worth of crop in a night. He and his brother in law found one of the herdsman's relatives and beat him within an inch of his life. Hopefully that will be the end of it. Gabriele also spends some time studying the crowd. In the flickering torchlight, she spots a familiar face. Tick, the bandit. He and another man are sizing up a drunk sitting on the ground. Tick and the other man approachc the drunk, and help him stagger away into the darkness outside the village.

    Severin takes his drink and starts talking to a few rough-looking men. When he mentions the raids on the river, one of them looks suspiciously at him. "Yeah, it was those halfings out in Stralwald wot did it. The boss's pet halfling went out and put a stop to it." Someone else says, "Naw, it was Otto's boys. Old Beauregard went and had a talk with them, said they could do it as long as they was on the south side of the river." "You mean the same boys that got their asses kicked by a bunch of halflings?" "Nah, it was a different gang. That loser Tick who came by earlier was talkin' about it." Severin looks around when he hears that. He sees at the edge of the light. Tick himself is there, helping a drunk stagger away into the darkness.

  27. - Top - End - #1767
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2007

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Harman leans close to Gabriele and whispers It won't end well for that one. nodding towards the drunken man being led away by two others. Good warning for us. Probably shouldn't have all three of us drink on any one night. Harman lifts his mug pretending to take a drink of the milky alcohol. The pennies were spent already and worth it to fit in with the crowd.

  28. - Top - End - #1768
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "A different gang? I heard everybody on this side of the river answers to Sol, and on the other side it's Otto the Hunter or the Duke up in Bremcote. I'm new in these parts, but are you saying that there's an independent group operating in this area?" Severin continues to probe the men he's talking to.

  29. - Top - End - #1769
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    To Severin on the way up the path, 'Something tells me the Dwarves wouldn't like the way this place is being used.'

    Gabriele will feign interest while speaking to the barman. It wasn't nice but it didn't sound like anyone had died over the dispute. It was what it was. When she saw Tick she'll resist the urge to move further away from the torches. Her hood was already pulled up and Tick was currently distracted. She'll nod and reply to Harman, 'No problem there. I can make this one mug last all night.'

    She will take a moment to lean down and tap Severin on the shoulder before saying quietly. 'You see Tick? I may go and keep an eye on him in case he's coming back.' Gabriele would like to speak to him again at some point but she would rather do that with less witnesses around. To Harman, 'Can I borrow you a second? If only to stand behind.'Unless Severin objected she's going to lead Harman to the edge of the crowd to somewhere where she could watch Tick presumably rob someone.

  30. - Top - End - #1770
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "I dunno the whole story. Some of Otto's boys were attackin' boats, and some of them were attackin' those halfling villagers. The halflings sent Otto's boys packing, and one of them washed up here. Calls himself Tick. I reckon if you asked him he might know more than what he's tellin'. He's working over at the mines as an enforcer."

    Gabriele and Harman watch out into the darkness. In the thin moonlight they see Tick and the other man help the drunk into a spot by a garden patch and then they quickly and efficiently relieve him of his belongings. Then they push him to the ground and start trying to remove his cloak and boots. He struggles for a moment, and they give him a few swift kicks. The two robbers look around...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll concealment to avoid being seen, shadowing if you want to follow them when they head out. Or silent move if you want to sneak up on them.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •