Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 213637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1447
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Right," Severin acknowledges Morillo's command. Glancing over at the wounded halfling, he quickly addresses him. "You did us all proud today. Check on your friend, then get yourself down to the beach. See anyone else of ours on the way, tell 'em to do the same. It's down to knifework now, and that's what the longshanks are for."

    Unslinging his shield for extra protection, he makes ready to move after the Cutters. "Ready to go?" he asks Gabriele.

  2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    "Ready to go?" he asks Gabriele.
    Gabriele has taken a moment to rub her head until everything stopped spinning. 'We're committed now. How did it go wrong so quickly?' She'll follow Severin with her sword still drawn.

  3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The wounded halfling grunts in acknowledgement and starts carefully trying to limp away. Severin and Gabrielle follow the swordsmen heading south. After a moment, they find a knot of men fighting with swords. Further south from them there are several men with swords climbing down the riverbank, pursuing some fleeing halflings. As Gabrielle and Severin try to identify which are the villagers and which are the bandits, they hear the unmistakable sound of a gun shot from the woods north of them.

  4. - Top - End - #1354
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "I don't know! Could be we've walked into a trap ourselves, or maybe Colten's decided to move early against the village and we got in the way. Or maybe things just look worse than they are," Severin speculates as he and Gabriele hurry after the swordsmen.

    "Sigmar's flaming brass balls! Sounds like Colten's putting in a personal appearance!" he curses when the gun shot rings out. Seeing the bandits chasing the halflings down to the beach, he curses again. "I've got to help 'em! You stick with the Cutters and finish off this lot. Meet me down the beach when you're done. Hopefully Morillo 'll see sense and fall back the same way."

    Dropping a rock into his sling, Severin races off after the bandits to attack them from behind.

  5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele is going to get closer to the fight so she can judge which of the men were bandits. She hadn't met everyone in the village but she ought to be able to identify the men they came out here with.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Perception to know who is who in the dark before she charges one of them
    vs. Int 38
    (1d100)[23]



  6. - Top - End - #1356
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin goes to the edge of the bank and sees the men climbing down below him. The steep bank is easier to get down than up, so it will be difficult for them to climb back up and attack him once they get all the way to the bottom. Of course, it will be easier for them to attack the halfings as well. The halflings reach the bottom and run towards the river.

    Meanwhile, Gabrielle doesn't recognize any of the bandits (probably not the riff raff she saw at the camp), but she can tell the villagers apart from them. Mostly because the bandits appear to be better fighters, and are pushing the villagers back...

  7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele will charge the nearest bandit in a bid to distract him from the villager that he was fighting. With any luck he'd never see her coming.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Full Action - Charge

    vs. WS 42 (+10 Charge) (+10 Outnumbered)
    (1d100)[9]
    Another headshot

    Any Dodge
    vs. Ag 48
    (1d100)[37]

    Any damage
    (1d10+3)[8]

    Any Ulrics
    (1d100)[14]
    (1d10)[7]


  8. - Top - End - #1358
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Reaching the top of the bank, Severin comes to a sudden stop and slings a stone at the bandit closest to the halflings. A second stone hurtles after it in quick succession.

    As soon as he's loosed the second sling stone, Severin shouts loudly: "Hey, longshanks! You want to get out of here alive, you best follow your mates and run back the way you just came!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    If the first attack should manage to bring down a bandit, Severin's second attack will be against the next man in line.

    Loading/reloading are free actions.
    Full action: Swift attack with sling vs. BS 63 (1d100)[68], (1d100)[50] (is the +30 bonus for attacking an unaware opponent applicable?)
    Damage (1d10+4)[7], (1d10+4)[14]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[69], (1d100)[52]
    (1d10)[9], (1d10)[3]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 12/12
    Fortune Points (used/total): 3/3


    Edit: Woot! Second attack is an Ulric's Fury to the head!

    Is it possible for Severin to make a Fel-based Intimidate test to see if his little speech puts the fear of the gods into the bandits?
    Last edited by rax; 2021-01-08 at 02:08 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabrielle's overhand blow hits the bandit on the head, who stumbles, blood flowing. Around her, the villagers rally as a friendly reinforcement arrives. The villager facing the bandit Gabrielle just hurt manages to hit him in the leg with another telling blows, and he slumps to his knees.

    Meanwhile, Severin fires off two shots at the bandits. While the first one misses, the second one hits the bandit between the eyes as he turns to face Severin. There is a crack, and the bandit falls, his body rolling down the hill. The other bandits turn around and glare at him. If Severin wants to try and intimidate them, now is his chance... but what to say...

  10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin drops another stone into his sling and gives the bandits a vicious grin, his scar twisting his face into a snarl. "That's seven o' your boys down already, longshanks. Does that feel like easy pickings to you? Which one of you wants to be next? You?" he gestures at the furthest bandit, "Or maybe YOU!" he growls as he snaps off a shot at the closest one.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Intimidate test (1d100)[91] vs. 21 (Fel 42/2). Don't know what sort of action this would be, but I'll assume it's free. If it's a half action or full action, just drop the corresponding number of attacks below.

    Loading/reloading are free actions.
    Full action: Swift attack with sling vs. BS 63 (1d100)[28], (1d100)[61]
    Damage (1d10+4)[10], (1d10+4)[7]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[98], (1d100)[60]
    (1d10)[6], (1d10)[9]

    Pre-emptive Dodge (1d100)[53] vs. Ag 62 if needed

    Wounds (remaining/total): 12/12
    Fortune Points (used/total): 3/3

  11. - Top - End - #1361
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele couldn't believe it was that easy. She'll try to avoid stepping on the first man when he was down and will turn to strike the second bandit.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Half Action - Attack
    Half Action - Parrying Stance

    vs. WS 42 (+10 or +20 for outnumbering)
    (1d100)[98]

    Any damage
    (1d10+3)[11]

    Any Ulric's
    (1d100)[90]
    (1d10)[5]

    Any Dodge Blow
    vs. Ag 48
    (1d100)[17]

    Any Parry
    vs. WS 42
    (1d100)[8]



  12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Morrillo had once told Gabrielle that 'overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer'. One of the bandits turns towards her and lashes out with a vicious blow that she barely manages to dodge.

    Severin's threats seem to amuse the bandits more than anything, and the closest one turns to another and says, "let's wipe that smirk off his face", and starts climbing back up the hill. Severin lands two solid shots in him, and he grunts in pain, but keeps coming.

  13. - Top - End - #1363
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Sucker for punishment, eh?" Severin gives the bandit a nasty grin as he snaps of two more stones at him.

    "Stralwalders!" he calls out in the halfling tongue. "Keep clear of this lot and only fight if you're cornered or if you can ambush them!"

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Severin will target the nearest bandit. If he drops on the first hit, the second attack is vs. the other bandit climbing up the slope.
    If the first bandit isn't dropped by Severin's attacks, he'll spend an FP for an extra half action to move 8 yards sideways from the bandit.

    Loading/reloading are free actions.
    Full action: Swift attack vs. BS 63 (1d100)[4], (1d100)[17]
    Damage (1d10+4)[10], (1d10+4)[6]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[76], (1d100)[3]
    (1d10)[10], (1d10)[3]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 12/12
    Fortune Points (used/total): 3/3
    Last edited by rax; 2021-01-13 at 04:22 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #1364
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    So maybe Murillo had a point. Gabriele will mostly try to stay out of the man's way and hope their numbers could bring him down eventually.


    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Half Action - Attack
    Half Action - Parrying Stance

    vs. WS 42 (+10 or +20 for outnumbering)
    (1d100)[59]

    Any damage
    (1d10+3)[8]

    Any Ulric's
    (1d100)[17]
    (1d10)[3]

    Any Dodge Blow
    vs. Ag 48 (should be a -10 here for armour)
    (1d100)[3]

    Any Parry
    vs. WS 42 (+10 for shield)
    (1d100)[73]


  15. - Top - End - #1365
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin hits the man twice again, and he reaches the top of the riverbank, murder in his eyes. He has his sword drawn. Severin slips back out of reach further down the bank, but the man yells "Blood for the blood god" and prepares to charge.

    Meanwhile, Gabrielle struggles to land a blow on her opponent. She sees the villager beside her slip in past his guard and land a blow on the man's arm, drawing blood. From the woods to the north, both Severin and Gabrielle hear another gun shot.

  16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The gunfire was worrying. Gabriele would like to finish this quickly so they could get back into the trees, but getting stabbed here would hardly help anyone. She keep fighting defensively.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Half Action - Attack
    Half Action - Parrying Stance

    vs. WS 42 (+10 or +20 for outnumbering)
    (1d100)[11]
    -Head shot!

    Any damage
    (1d10+3)[12]

    Any Ulric's
    (1d100)[55]
    (1d10)[10]

    Any Dodge Blow
    vs. Ag 48 (should be a -10 here for armour)
    (1d100)[52]

    Any Parry
    vs. WS 42 (+10 for shield)
    (1d100)[82]



  17. - Top - End - #1367
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Yeah! Yours, you sick bastard!" Severin curses the Chaos-worshipping bandit as he launches a new flurry of sling stones.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Targeting the closest bandit, obviously. If he drops on the first hit, the second attack is vs. the other bandit climbing up the slope.

    Loading/reloading are free actions.
    Full action: Swift attack vs. BS 63 (1d100)[41], (1d100)[34]
    Damage (1d10+4)[13], (1d10+4)[11]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[1], (1d100)[54]
    (1d10)[7], (1d10)[10]

    Pre-emptive Dodge Blow (1d100)[46] vs. Ag 62

    Wounds (remaining/total): 12/12
    Fortune Points remaining: 2/3
    Last edited by rax; 2021-01-15 at 03:44 PM.

  18. - Top - End - #1368
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin's first stone hits the bandit between the eyes and he goes down, dropping his sword. He then quickly sends a stone towards the second bandit, hitting him in the arm. The bandit winces as he draws his sword and says, "C'mon, ya little rat." And turns towards Severin.

    Gabrielle swings her sword down and hits the bandit with a solid blow to the head. He falls to his knees, moaning and clutching his head. The villager next to her tries to finish him off with his sword, but the sword glances off the bandit's skullcap. The other surviving bandits turn and flee back into the woods, although one of them falls to a slash by one of the villagers. The others move in and finish that fallen bandit off.

  19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Maybe they could come back and loot the bodies later. For now it didn't seem like they had time. Gabriele will address the villagers around her, 'You lot. Come with me. And stay low. They've got guns around here somewhere.' Assuming they take her orders she'll head with them back towards the river to see what happened to Severin.

  20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Eight down! Is the air thin up there or something? Don't you fools know when to retreat?" Severin taunts the bandit.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Loading/reloading are free actions.
    Full action: Swift attack vs. BS 63 (1d100)[69], (1d100)[100]
    Damage (1d10+4)[12], (1d10+4)[8]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[36], (1d100)[4]
    (1d10)[4], (1d10)[7]

    Pre-emptive Dodge Blow (1d100)[63] vs. Ag 62

    Wounds (remaining/total): 12/12
    Fortune Points remaining: 1/3

    Edit: Re-rolled first attack in the OOC thread. Result is a hit to the head.
    Last edited by rax; 2021-01-17 at 10:19 AM.

  21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The bandit staggers for a moment as the stone hits him hard on the side of the head. Some blood trickles down from underneath his cap and his lanky hair. He charges at Severin swinging his sword wildly. But distracted by pain or Severin's movements, the man is unable to land a blow on him. Meanwhile, Gabrielle gathers the small group of villagers and takes them south to where Severin had been fighting. Although two of the villagers are wounded, none of them have fallen. She sees Severin struggling with a bandit by the edge of the levee. There is a fallen bandit a few yards away from them, between her and Severin.
    Last edited by dojango; 2021-01-18 at 01:39 PM.

  22. - Top - End - #1372
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele considers just putting an arrow in the bandit's back but there was no guarantee she wouldn't hit Severin even at this distance. Instead she'll whistle to get the man's attention before charging him from the rear.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Full Action to Charge
    Free Action to parry

    vs. WS 42 (+10 Charge) (+10 outnumbering)
    (1d100)[53]

    Any damage
    (1d100)[91]
    See the ooc - rolled Ulric's fury

    Any Ulric's
    (1d100)[2]
    (1d10)[6]

    Parry
    vs. WS 42 (+10 defensive)
    (1d100)[95]


  23. - Top - End - #1373
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin sees the bandit swing back for another blow. Getting ready to try to dodge out of the way, the bandit's face suddenly goes slack and he stares at the sword-point sticking out of his chest. He slumps down off of Gabriele's sword. A few seconds later, the other villagers arrive, and stare at Gabriele with awe. Everyone looks around, waiting for someone to give an order or a suggestion. Then one of the villagers (who is trying to remove the boots of one of the fallen bandits) jumps back and says, "Morr's Balls! This one is still alive!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    You guys are at the edge of the levee. Down by the riverbank to the east was where the other three bandits were, while to the north was where you heard the gunshots from. Morillo and the others went that way.

  24. - Top - End - #1374
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    As the man she just stabbed falls to the ground Gabriele is frankly shocked that that actually worked. It shouldn't be that easy to stick your sword completely through a person. She'll spend a few moments trying to yank it out of the man's back. To Severin, 'You alright? I wasn't sure if you could take him.'

  25. - Top - End - #1375
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "I wasn't sure either - thanks," Severin answers with a grateful smile.

    "Then tie him up with something, quickly!" Severin says to the villager looting the bandit. "If we can bring him back to Stralwald, we might be able to learn something about what's going on back at the bandit camp."

    "We can't bring him now though. Three of his mates were trying to finish off our slingers back that way. We need to stop them and then head north. It sounds like Morillo and his squad are in trouble. Take heart, friends! We've hurt them good - ten bandits down already! Now let's go!" he urges Gabriele and the Cutters.

  26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele will wipe the blood off her sword and try and ignore the looks any of the villagers were giving her. If the man was like the other one he was better off dead. To Severin, 'Keep this up and maybe the Bremcotes will knight you.'

    To everyone, 'If we can we'll come back and knick their swords.'

  27. - Top - End - #1377
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The villager quickly pulls the bandit's belt off and ties his hands to a small tree. The bandit groans, but doesn't move. Then the small group heads back down the cut towards the riverbank. The body of one of the halfling slingers is lying face down in the camp. The three bandits are industriously ransacking the camp. The decoy camp had been set up behind some driftwood logs, so there is a small barrier between the party and the bandits. There is no sign of the other halflings.

  28. - Top - End - #1378
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin snarls at the sight of the (presumably) dead halfling. "They'll pay for that..." he vows as he loads his sling.

    "I'll let them know we're here," he says to the others. "Then you get down there and show 'em how badly outnumbered they are, alright? Maybe they'll surrender if they see our numbers..."

    Without warning, he snaps of a shot at the bandit that seems least protected by the logs.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Loading/reloading is a free action.
    Half action: Aim for +10 to BS
    Half action: Standard attack vs. BS 73 (1d100)[74] (BS 63, Aim +10)
    Damage (1d10+4)[13]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[24]
    (1d10)[7]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 12/12
    Fortune Points remaining: 1/3

  29. - Top - End - #1379
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    'Where are the others?' Gabriele says thinking of the gunfire. How many of them were already dead?

    'If they don't run then we put them down anyway.' Some of these people were likely too crazy to run away. To the villagers, 'If they come to us just stay together and back each other up.'

  30. - Top - End - #1380
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin sends a stone flying at one of the bandits, hitting him in the arm. He looks up, startled, and yelps in pain. His comrades also look up, and see the villagers carefully approaching. Outnumbered, they turn and run towards the south, carrying packs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •