Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Quote Originally Posted by dojango View Post
    On Gabriele's side, she keeps an eye on the slaver. The halflings are struggling the the heavy wheelbarrow, and the slaver bellows out in anger and cracks the knotted rope on their backs. He grabs one of the men running past him and points towards the abatis.
    Now if you didn't do that I wouldn't want to shoot you. Ideally she could put him down before he got any closer and hope the two Halflings had enough sense to run for it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Free Action to reload
    Half Action - Aim at the slaver again
    Half Action - Shoot
    Free Action - Dodge if needed

    vs. BS 57 (+20 for aim with Sharpshooter) (I presume he's close enough to be out of long range)
    (1d100)[67]

    Any damage (1d10+3 with armour piercing (-1 AP)
    (1d10+3)[10]

    Taal's Fury if needed
    (1d100)[30]
    (1d10)[7]

    Any Dodge
    vs. Ag 48
    (1d100)[84]

    FP: 2/3


  2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele sends an arrow flying at the slaver, but misses. Around her, the archers send wild shots flying towards the enemy archers. Severin manages to hit another of the ladder-men, who flinches, but doesn't fall. The first of the ladder-men climbs over the abatis and the ditch. The ones following them hoist the ladders over. The men behind them crowd up and start climbing over as well. The enemy archers crouch and let a wild volley fly back at the bowmen on the walls. On Gabriele's flank, the arrows fall short, thudding harmlessly into the ground; on Severin's side a few arrows thunk into the walls of the tower and the palisade. Both Gabriele and Severin also see a man kneeling, pulling a musket around and aiming towards archers in the towers. Bert says, "It's the gunner! I'ma put one in his neck," and carefully aims down at the one he sees...

    Spoiler
    Show
    archers & gunners - normal range, ladder-men - normal range, bonus to hit, slaver - long range, Colten - long range

  3. - Top - End - #1443
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Sloppy, Severin, sloppy!" Severin mutters to himself as his arrow strikes true but fails to bring the ladder bearer down. Acting quickly, he lets fly with two fresh arrows at the same man, determined to bring him down.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Full action: Swift attack vs. BS 62 (1d100)[32], (1d100)[24]
    Damage (1d10+4)[9], (1d10+4)[12]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[98], (1d100)[33]
    (1d10)[4], (1d10)[9]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 12/12
    Fortune Points (remaining/total): 3/3
    Last edited by rax; 2021-02-26 at 04:25 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele realises she's not doing a very good job of leading by example here. The slaver would have to wait. 'Steady everyone. Just aim and fire.' She'll switch her aim towards the man with the gun. If he hadn't killed Rickon he'd probably done things just as bad.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Free Action to reload
    Half Action - Aim at the man with the gun
    Half Action - Shoot
    Free Action - Dodge if needed

    vs. BS 57 (+20 for aim with Sharpshooter)
    (1d100)[37]

    Any damage (1d10+3 with armour piercing (-1 AP)
    (1d10+3)[13]

    Taal's Fury if needed
    (1d100)[27]
    (1d10)[5]

    Any Dodge
    vs. Ag 48
    (1d100)[92]

    FP: 2/3



  5. - Top - End - #1445
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Taking the time to carefully aim at the man with the gun, Gabriele looses an arrow. She sees him slump over, an arrow in his heart. Around her, the other archers loose their arrows at the enemy archers. Several of them are hit as well. The enemy archers draw arrows and start shooting back. One of the men in the tower next to Gabriele goes down, clutching an arrow in his neck.

    On Severin's side, he lets loose two more arrows at the man struggling to move the ladder over the barrier. The man falls with two arrows sticking out of his arms. He falls, the ladder comes down on him, and his comrades trample him into the mud as they finish climbing the barrier. Beside Severin, Bert shouts out, "got him!", just before there is the sound of a gunshot and a puff of smoke. Wood chips fly from one of the posts on the tower. Arrows hit some of the boards protecting the men in the tower as well, although there is a scream from one of the other towers.

  6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "You'd better try that again, Bert. Don't think he's got the message yet," Severin chuckles darkly. "The rest o' you, keep plugging away! Every man down is one less that's coming over the wall!" he shouts to the other archers.

    As he speaks, Severin reloads his bow and looses a shaft at the nearest ladder carrier still standing. The arrow sinks deep into the torso of the target and he falls over. Reacting quickly, Severin switches to a second ladder carrier. Just got to keep 'em pinned in that ditch for as long as possible... he thinks.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Full action: Swift attack vs. BS 62 (1d100)[57], (1d100)[27]
    Damage (1d10+4)[14], (1d10+4)[12]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[9], (1d100)[83]
    (1d10)[10], (1d10)[1]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 12/12
    Fortune Points (remaining/total): 3/3
    Last edited by rax; 2021-02-28 at 10:37 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele sees the man fall beside her but doesn't exactly have time to do anything about it. 'Someone who isn't shooting get him some help.' She'll try and fire on someone important.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Aiming for a gunnar or anyone carrying a ladder at Dojango's choice

    Free Action - Reload
    Half Action - Aim
    Half Action - Shoot

    vs. BS 57 (+20 with Sharpshooter)
    (1d100)[67]

    Any damage 1d10+3 with armour piercing (-1 ap)
    (1d10+3)[10]

    Taal's Fury if needed
    (1d100)[71]
    (1d10)[1]

    Any Dodge
    vs. Ag 48
    (1d100)[87]

    FP: 2/3


  8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele looses another arrow at one of men carrying the ladders. He stumbles as an arrow sticks into his rib, getting the ladder hung up in the ditch. A few more shots from thud into the tower around her as the enemy archers shoot back. There is some noise from below as a few of the non-combatants climb up to help the wounded archer.

    Severin fires two quick arrows at another of the ladder-man. He falls, tangling up another ladder on the fence. Severin's comrades fire a well-aimed volley down at the men carrying the ladders. Several more fall as well. The enemy archers fire back at the towers though, and one of the villagers in Severin's tower slumps over with an arrow in his neck. "Damn," mutters Bert as he looses another arrow at the gunner below, who is rapidly reloading his firearm with the practiced skill of a veteran.

    About half of the ladders are over the ditch now, and the soldiers are following. The other half are still stuck on the ditch as the injured and dead ladder men are replaced and the ladders carried over the ditch.
    Last edited by dojango; 2021-03-02 at 12:48 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #1449
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Good shooting!" Severin praises his archers. "Keep it up and we'll send 'em packing, you'll see."

    "Come on, you bastards, BREAK!" he mutters under his breath as the bandits close in on the wall, but he keeps shooting, this time trying to fell one of the ladder carriers that's made it across the ditch.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Full action: Swift attack vs. BS 62 (1d100)[79], (1d100)[71]
    Damage (1d10+4)[5], (1d10+4)[7]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[4], (1d100)[66]
    (1d10)[7], (1d10)[9]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 12/12
    Fortune Points (remaining/total): 3/3

  10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Fall down you idiot Either the man she'd shot was too hungry to give up or he was way too afraid of Colten. She'll shoot him a second time.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show


    Free Action - Reload
    Half Action - Aim towards the ladder man if he's still active, otherwise anyone that's trying to get the ladder up
    Half Action - Shoot

    vs. BS 57 (+20 with Sharpshooter)
    (1d100)[61]

    Any damage 1d10+3 with armour piercing (-1 ap)
    (1d10+3)[13]

    Taal's Fury if needed
    (1d100)[26]
    (1d10)[7]

    Any Dodge
    vs. Ag 48
    (1d100)[23]

    FP: 2/3




  11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele puts an arrow through the man's neck and he falls down in a spray of blood, landing on the ladder. The other man ducks behind the abatis and disappears. The enemy archers and her archers shoot another volley at each other, but the enemy seems to have found their range. Three ladders are thrown up against the wall between her tower and the next one over, and the men get ready to climb over. Back on the abatis, she can see Colten and a few other men lifting the wheelbarrow over the barrier, while the slaver is holding the halfling girls by the collar.

    Out of the corner of his eye, Severin also spots Colten and a few other men lifting a wheelbarrow with a barrel in it over the abatis. Perhaps distracted by this, he unfortunately sends his arrows wide, before spotting an enemy archer lining up a shot on him. A moment later, he's looking down at an arrow lodged in his right arm. Beside him, he hears Bert laugh. "Got him! He's runnin!" before Bert turns to him and says, "Hey, you alright? They get you?"

  12. - Top - End - #1452
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "It's...only...a...flesh wound," Severin replies through gritted teeth. With quick prayer to Ranald for luck, he pulls the arrow loose and is relieved to find that the jack and his shirt appear to have stopped the arrow from penetrating very deep.

    Just then he catches sight of Colten. "Bert! That wheelbarrow mustn't get over the abatis, you hear? The rest of you - kill anyone that comes up those ladders!"

    Nocking a fresh arrow, Severin sends it flying toward Colten.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Full action: Swift attack vs. BS 62 (1d100)[88], (1d100)[98]
    Damage (1d10+4)[9], (1d10+4)[5]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[11], (1d100)[57]
    (1d10)[5], (1d10)[8]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 6/12
    Fortune Points (remaining/total): 2/3; used 1 FP to re-roll first attack in OOC thread
    Last edited by rax; 2021-03-04 at 12:49 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    That's one ladder. But it wasn't as if they were short of them. 'Shoot them off the ladders, then get your weapons ready.' They were running out of time. At what point would they need to run like hell. Turning regretfully away from the slaver, she'll try and put an arrow in Colten. If she managed to get him in the head maybe this would all be a lot easier.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Free Action - Reload
    Half Action - Aim towards Colten
    Half Action - Shoot

    vs. BS 57 (+20 with Sharpshooter)
    (1d100)[76]

    Any damage 1d10+3 with armour piercing (-1 ap)
    (1d10+3)[9]

    Taal's Fury if needed
    (1d100)[11]
    (1d10)[1]

    Any Dodge
    vs. Ag 48
    (1d100)[50]

    FP: 2/3

  14. - Top - End - #1454
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Both Gabriele and Severin sees their first arrow go home, and Colten roars something at the others moving the barrow. The ones on the other side of the abatis take the weight of it on their shoulders and start to lower it again. Severin reaches for another arrow and notices that there's only one left in his quiver.

    On Gabriele's side of the gate, men start climbing the ladders and jumping down over the wall. From behind her, she hears some shouts from the militia behind the wall as they charge at the bandits. On Severin's side, the first few men up the ladders go down to well-placed arrows and fall in the ditch at the bottom. Severin hears someone shouting "over the wall, you idiots! Put them to the sword!"

  15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Good shooting, lads! Keep up the pressure on anyone trying to use the ladders!"

    "Damn!" Severin mutters as he discovers there's only one arrow left. He nocks his last arrow, aims at Colten, and lets loose. As soon as he sees the result of his shot, he looks around the tower to see if there are more arrows available.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half action: Aim
    Half action: Standard attack (1d100)[31] vs. BS 72 (BS 62, Aim +10)
    Damage (1d10+4)[5]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[64]
    (1d10)[6]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 6/12
    Fortune Points (remaining/total): 2/3

  16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    At least they weren't coming at the archers around her. 'Keep going.' Gabriele will try and put another arrow into one of the men carrying the wheelbarrow. If it was gunpowder presumably one of them was going to try and light it. Were they going to blow themselves up to break the wall?

    Spoiler
    Show

    Free Action - Reload
    Half Action - Aim
    Half Action - Shoot at anyone carrying the wheelbarrow

    vs. BS 57 (+20 with Sharpshooter)
    (1d100)[32]

    Any damage 1d10+3 with armour piercing (-1 ap)
    (1d10+3)[6]

    Taal's Fury if needed
    (1d100)[69]
    (1d10)[8]

    Any Dodge
    vs. Ag 48
    (1d100)[52]

    FP: 2/3


  17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele puts an arrow into one of the soldiers manhandling the wheelbarrow, but he doesn't seem to notice. Another arrow bounces off Colten's armor. While this is happening, the slaver picks up one of the halfling girls and pushes her over the abatis. One of the the soldiers grabs her and pushes her towards the wheelbarrow, while the other soldiers start maneuvering it to point towards the wall. Meanwhile, after Severin's arrow bounces off Colten, he sees Colten pick up his gun and he levels it in Severin's direction, taking a moment to aim. Then there is a loud shot and a puff of smoke. Fragments of wood spray over Severin as the shot hits the side of the tower right in front of him.

  18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin ducks involuntarily as Colten's shot sends splinters flying his way. As he's out of arrows, he crouches down and relieves the fallen archer of his remaining shafts. I'll feed you this entire quiver if that's what it takes to bring you down, traitor!

    Having recovered the arrows, he stays low and looks for someone below the tower to take a message. "Hey, you! Yes - you! Get to Sir Laurens or Sir Florian as quick as you can. Tell them Colten's going to try and blow the palisade over there!" he shouts, pointing to where the bandits are manoeuvring the wheelbarrow.
    Last edited by rax; 2021-03-10 at 02:23 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    There was no good reason for them to have brought the girl. The only question was whether they were intending to strap her to the gunpowder in a fit of spite or whether this was a sacrifice. Gabriele had heard stories of what the Northmen did to their prisoners and it was easy to believe Colten intended something similar here. She'll call to any of the archers that were still with here in the hope that someone was paying attention. 'The ones by the barrow. They have gunpowder.' There was likely too many of them of them already to stop this, but she will try to track the slaver's movements and put an arrow in his eye.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Command test to try and get someone else to fire on the barrow.
    vs. Fel 32 / 2
    (1d100)[13]

    Free Action - Reload
    Half Action - Aim
    Half Action - Shoot at the slaver

    vs. BS 57 (+20 with Sharpshooter) (-20 Called Shot to the head)
    (1d100)[84]
    FP if needed
    (1d100)[4]

    Any damage 1d10+3 with armour piercing (-1 ap)
    (1d10+3)[5]

    Taal's Fury if needed
    (1d100)[61]
    (1d10)[3]

    Any Dodge
    vs. Ag 48
    (1d100)[61]

    FP: 1/3

  20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele sends an arrow towards the slaver. The arrow seems to glance off his mail cap. He yells something and swings the rope at the other halfling, who starts climbing over over the abatis. The two men standing in her tower nod at her and loose their arrows. One of the men pushing the barrow sort of sits down and looks down at the two arrows in his chest. Another man is fumbling with something, and after a few moments he holds up a lit torch. He follows as the two other men and the halfling push the wheelbarrow towards the wall. One of them points at Gabriele's tower.

    Severin pulls the quiver out from the other man and sees that it has eight arrows left in it. He also sees the enemy at the walls shout and men start surging up the ladders. His squad advances on them as they jump down. He manages to get the attention of one of the water-carriers, hiding beneath his tower. The kid runs off towards where Sir Laurens is ordering his men to counter-attack them men coming over the walls. Severin looks back at the field and sees Colten jamming another shot into his gun.

  21. - Top - End - #1461
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Keep shooting! If you can get a clear shot at any of these bastards that are over the wall, shoot them first! If not, keep targeting the ones climbing the ladders!" he calls out to his archers.

    Damn! He's quick with that gun, Severin thinks when he spots Colten ramming a bullet down the barrel. Maybe I can get him, but if I miss...

    He nocks his next arrow, but elects to keep his head down, hoping that Colten will waste his next shot on another target.

  22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    That last shot was particularly disappointing. 'On the torchbearer.' Gabriele shouts at the two men next to her in the hope they were paying attention. Gunpowder was no use if they couldn't light it. She was about to join them but her eye is drawn to Colten and who he seems to be shooting at. She'll try and give him something else to think about.

    Spoiler: ooc
    Show

    Free Action - Reload
    Half Action - Aim
    Half Action - Shoot at Colten

    vs. BS 57 (+20 with Sharpshooter)
    (1d100)[23]

    Any damage 1d10+3 with armour piercing (-1 ap)
    (1d10+3)[12]

    Taal's Fury if needed
    (1d100)[17]
    (1d10)[5]

    Any Dodge
    vs. Ag 48
    (1d100)[16]

    FP: 1/3



  23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele sees Colten flinch as her arrow takes him in the arm. Next to her she sees the other two men shoot at the torchbearer, who yells something in anger as he is hit by an arrow. But not downed. Colten finishes loading his gun and turns and aims at Gabriele. For a moment she sees the barrel of the gun pointing directly at her head. She looks at him and he looks at her with a cruel sneer on his face. And then... nothing. He throws the gun to the ground with a great roar and pulls out his great club. The men (and halfling) pushing the wheelbarrow put on a burst of speed. The wheelbarrow thumps into the ditch below Gabriele's tower. The torchbearer runs towards it. If Gabriele wants to shoot at him, she'll have to lean way out of the tower, potentially exposing her to enemy shots...

    Severin ducks down. A few more arrows thud in to the town around him. Bert curses beside him, pulling an arrow out of his arm and scowling at the blood on its point. "C'mon, we should fall back," he says to Severin. The bandits are coming over the wall now, pushing the village militia back. He sees Sir Laurens in the forefront, trying to rally the men.

    Spoiler
    Show
    So I've been giving them a -20 malus to hit people in the tower, but Gabriele will lose it if she tries to lean over and shoot at the torchbearer as he is at the bottom of the tower... or she could fall back.

  24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    For a moment Gabriele will glare back at Colten before regretfully ducking down behind the edge of the wall. 'Get off the walls. It's going up.' she'll shout at everyone still up here before trying to gather up as many arrows as possible before she made a run for it.

  25. - Top - End - #1465
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "When you're right, you're right," Severin answers Bert through gritted teeth. "Alright, get everyone down, I'll be right behind you. Try to get into a flanking position so you can get a clear shot at the bandits from the side. If there's no such space, fall back and try to get a volley off over our infantry. Colten's men will be bunched up just after they come over the palisade."

    Having said his piece, Severin determines to have one last go at putting Colten out of the fight for good.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Full action: Swift attack vs. BS 62 (1d100)[90], (1d100)[38]
    Damage (1d10+4)[8], (1d10+4)[13]

    Ulric's Fury if applicable
    (1d100)[9], (1d100)[22]
    (1d10)[4], (1d10)[4]

    Wounds (remaining/total): 6/12
    Fortune Points (remaining/total): 2/3

  26. - Top - End - #1466
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    The two archers next to Gabriele waste no time sliding down the ladder and scrambling away. Gabriele grabs the quiver from the dead archer in the tower and then jumps down just as she hears someone shout from below, "Get back!" Gabriele hits the ground and sees Sir Florian and the village militia brawling in a confused melee. She sees Sir Florian cut a bandit down with a great overhand blow from his horse, while villagers with swords struggle with the bandits as they come over the walls. She scrambles away from the wall, and there is a loud explosion and her ears ring. Debris, dirt, and wood rain down around her. She turns and sees a couple of bandits stumbling through the gap in the wall where her tower used to be. A chunk of the wall has been torn out and the wrecked tower is lying twisted on the ground.

    Bert and the other archer in Severin's tower also scramble out as Severin looses two arrows at Colten. The man lumbers into a run towards the walls. Severin manages to hit Colten with a direct hit in the leg as he runs. Then the barrel-bomb goes off and Severin sees a huge cloud of smoke and debris from the other side of the gate. He sees the villagers fighting bandits around him. Sir Laurens is atop his horse, fighting the bandits as well. The bandits let out a cheer as the explosion goes off.
    Last edited by dojango; 2021-03-16 at 10:30 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #1467
    Ogre in the Playground
    Join Date
    May 2017

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Without more aid Gabriele was at a loss. Get enough people here and perhaps they could hold the gap for a while but it was only a matter of time until they would be overwhelmed by the ones that were coming over the wall. Back away without being careful and she risked being stabbed in the back. She will snap off an arrow without stopping to aim at the first man to come through the walls and scramble to get her sword out. She'll prepare herself to back away from them as best she could.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Half Action - Shoot
    Half Action - Ready sword

    vs. BS 57
    (1d100)[64]

    Any damage (ap -1)
    (1d10+3)[13]

    Taal's Fury
    (1d100)[35]
    (1d10)[2]

    Dodge vs Ag 48 (-10)
    passed in the ooc

    FP: 1/3

  28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    "Got you! Try walking that off, longshanks!" Severin exults as he sees his second arrow hit Colten deep in the leg.

    Severin hesitates for a moment, loath to give up the high ground and a clear shot at the invaders, but the risk of being trapped in the tower is too great. In the end, he quickly shoulders his bow and shimmies down the ladder after Bert and the other archer.

  29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Gabriele sends an arrow past one of the men climbing through the gap. She then draws her sword as they point and charge at her, easily evading their clumsy blows. She hears shouting from Sir Florian behind her and some of the bandits by the wall, trying to form their men in some semblance of a battle line. Another arrow embeds itself in the ruined wall post from one of the archers behind her.

    Severin scrambles down the tower as more men come over the wall. He sees his militia unit trying to form a spear line and cautiously advance towards where the men are coming over the wall. Bert and the other archer are falling back towards the line. Sir Laurens' horse prances about as he tries to hack at the bandits around him, while his men tangle swords with the bandits.

  30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Travels amongst the Border Princes (WFRP 2e) IC

    Severin retreats towards the militiamen, moving to one side to keep out of their way before stopping to get his sling out and load it.

    "Come on, lads! It's not that hard - close up, close in, and stick 'em with the pointy end!" he shouts by way of encouragement to his militia.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Half Action: Move 8 yards back and to the side as needed to not get in the way of the spearmen.
    Half Action: Ready sling.
    Free Action: Load sling.

    Pre-emptive Dodge Blow (1d100)[46] vs. Ag 62

    Wounds (remaining/total): 6/12
    Fortune Points (remaining/total): 2/3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •