Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    The great Star Galleon Media Res shudders violently as it is bracketed by explosions. The two lean pirate frigates have got their range now. The galleon is swarmed by small ramshackle boats, like flies on a dying grox. The galleon's flack guns bark out, and dozens of the small craft are shattered, air and bodies spilling out into the void. But a hundred more are now landing, cutting through airlocks and weakpoints on the hull, bloodthirsty pirates swarming out intent on plunder and murder. In the bridge, the rogue trader Tarquin von Drakkan adjusts his hat, turns on the ship's vox, and in an authoritative voice, says, "Well, lads, we're in a tight spot. But you stand by me, and I swear to you, I'll never let us fall while I still draw br..." Draw bread? Breast? Brisket? You'll never know, as just then, his 'loyal' manservant draws a hidden pistol and blows the rogue trader's head off. As the security guards scramble for their weapons, desperate reports of mutiny breaking out all across the ship start crackling over the vox...

    Well. You're all in a tight spot. Where are you, what is your job on the ship, and do you have a plan to deal with the man advancing on you, mono-cutlass drawn, with murder in his eye?

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SchwhatNow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    Kais was in engineering, helping to keep an eye on the engines and ensure that the regular maintenance went smoothly. Tarquin had been suspicious about his intentions when he was first hired but, despite feeding information back to the T'au empire quietly, Kais was honest about wanting to help the ship and her crew be as effective as possible. The early days had been simple tasks but he had proven his worth in short order to be trusted with more difficult and important jobs. True that his main calling had always been as a warrior but his mind would have been a terrible thing to waste, something the Ethereal caste had recognized to even assign him this duty in the first place.

    As the sound of a gunshot crackled over the vox speakers his instincts kicked in, years of battle having been deeply ingrained upon him, so when a few of the crew in the large engine room drew weapons and began to attack he was quick to take cover and put on his helmet. The eyes of the tau saw much that other races could not, ultraviolet and infrared spectrums were beyond a human for example, but the lack of pupil dilation and precise depth perception hampered his kind in return. His helmet, specifically the optical lenses in the front, would help mitigate his shortcomings. Using his hearing to get an idea of where the threats currently were Kais drew his pulse pistol and quickly snapped around the steel pillar. Most of the crew here were lightly armed or not at all so these mutineers were having an easy time despite being outnumbered. Thankfully his aim was true and in quick succession he pulled back the trigger to release a quick flurry of plasma, four shots and two kills to give him some breathing room before they even had a chance to react.

    Taking a deep breath he ran through the scenario in his mind, putting everything together in short order just before the crashing thunder of cannon fire upon the hull rumbled through the bulkheads and told everyone that the attack was from without as well as within. He needed to return to his room and recover his rifle, the long barreled weapon was too cumbersome for most daily tasks but he'd need it now before things got too bad. Steeling himself Kais moved to exit the engine room and make his way carefully through the narrow halls, watching for danger and ready to lend a hand to any loyal members who were in danger. "For the Tau'Va." he said quietly, under his breath.
    Last edited by SchwhatNow; 2020-12-01 at 01:31 AM.
    Aiden "Talon" Wulf

    Die Wölfe der Abfälle.----- Mercenary company in "Total War: Condottieri II"



  3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    Rendara:
    Another Captain dead. Another ship going to the warp in a handbasket. She doesn't have time for this and this man here, advancing on her she has no guilt about ending his life here, not even slightly. Guy is probably a Chaos worshipper or did something horrible to somebody at some point, probably to a child. He seems like the type. When the whole world is horrible, why care where your gun hits? Its hurting something that deserves it. So she reaches out with the power of her mind to crush this scum of humanity into meaty chunks.

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

    Telekinetic Crush, Willpower Test opposed against his Toughness
    (1d100)[13], success is below 61

    If successful:
    (1d10+4)[8] Impact damage
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    Little 'uns over there doing a lot of yelling. Can't do my work with all this noise. Making my head hurt worse than all the rumbling going on. Can't work, can't eat. Better go stop them yelling before I can't eat.

    Stand u-... wait. Don't stand. Ceiling low here. Stay lower. Move slow. Sloooooooooow. Lotsa smoke over here now. Yelling getting louder. Lotsa little 'uns in here. Something wrong. Some on floor, some screaming. Little 'un moving? Fast. Fast and yelling. He's got something with him. Hamm-
    "AARRGH! Me will crush you! Crush you to GOO!" ... That hurt. My hammer now. Nice and heavy. No more little 'uns in here looking unfriendly. Lots of them screaming. Maybe I can help.

    This 'un is screaming. Get lower. See if picking him up makes him scream more. His arm is missing. Pick up from the other side... Arm has symbol on it. Not Drakkan symbol. Not Navy symbol. Not Emperor symbol. Not Machine Men symbol... Pirate symbol? Yeah. Pirate symbol. Pirate goo now. No more screaming.
    Last edited by Catarang; 2020-12-01 at 04:30 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Lord Athos's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    Father Answin


    Violently, the large double doors to the chapel of the Media Res flew open.

    Father Answin could hear heavy footsteps approaching from behind.

    The haggard, robed preacher himself knelt before an altar, and prayed, paying no attention to the sounds and mumbling. He also ignored the violent convulsions of the Star Galleon engaging in battle. Somewhere in his chapel, something shattered on the ground - he would have to take care of it later.
    This time belonged to the God-Emperor, and the God-Emperor alone.

    It would take some time until the intruder found him - and he had no doubt this was an intruder, judging from the uneven step - while his chapel was hardly a cathedral -yet- it was vast when compared to even some small colony's main temple.

    Finally, silence - the man had spotted him. After a short pause, he let out a battlecry and charged. Solemnly, Father Answin took his helmet, which was fashioned in the form of an Ecclesiarchal Mitre, as was befitting of his station, and put it on. He was already clad in full battle gear under his robes, and his heavily engraved chainsword laid resting besides him.

    The chainsword flew into his hands as he turned around, his bearded face, in an elated expression, raised high to once again marvel at the statues of Imperial Saints casting their sacred shadows down onto the two men who soon would be caught in a duel unto death. His weapon's jagged chain met the pirate's monocutlass with an indignant screech, as the missionary parried the man's first, clumsy attack.
    Only now, the preacher truly fixated the pirate in a wild- eyed stare.

    "No pirate lowlife in service to the ruinous powers shall desecrate this Hallowed Halls of Worship." the preacher hissed."The God-Emperor's will be done. KNEEL BEFORE THE GOLDEN THRONE!"

    And so it was. As the vicious rotating teeth bit deep into the pirate's flesh, and the chapel's floor was anointed with the blood of a sinner, the man fell to his knees, before he broke down an eviscerated mess.
    Last edited by Lord Athos; 2020-12-01 at 01:28 PM.
    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

    Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

    Member of the Kyrsull Entente
    Free City of Khasal - Ironfang Republic - Theocracy of Shemesh -The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

    Glory to the Flame!


    Awesome Templar Avatar by smutmulch - thanks a lot!

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2012

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    Xantha Ward

    "Look lively, now. And find the Big Fella. Throne knows we can make a push out of here if we've got him on side."

    The scarred ex-smuggler nodded to the crew chief and slid a tine over the nearby activation rune. The poorly maintained underdeck door screamed in protest, before an additional Rite of Physical Maintenance with her good hand soothed the spirit within.

    "Not the first time, Xan. Just keep your head down, sort it out."

    The scream was the first indication that the maintenance tunnels she was scouting were now enemy territory. The pirate soon followed it, his weapon slicing through the empty space where Xantha had been as she pushed at his side, hoping to turn the momentum of his charge against him. Slamming into a pipe, he started to turn around, only to come face to face with the most expensive thing for a good quarter-mile in any direction. Smoke from where the melta pistol's ammo was ionizing and the subtle mechanical whirring of the magnetic chambers had already begun.

    "Bad way to go."

    Her assailant grabbed for the pistol, managing to tilt it slightly before the searing heat of the internal workings made him involuntarily snatch his hand away. As the ancient weapon discharged, the left side of the pirate's face turned to ash and he fell unceremoniously on top of her. With some effort, she pushed the body off and resolved to move through the rest of the tunnels in a much stealthier fashion, discarding her vest to reveal more of the synskin beneath.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Celticbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    The events came as no surprise. The Ancestors had guided Selrya the night before with dire portents, and she was ready to deal with them. When her captor's final words echoed throughout the ship, she was near the navigator pod, preparing to throw the ship into the Warp should the fighting go sour. When it did, and a pirate was going after her throat, she knew that time was of the essence. Time and reasoning, which would be in short supply now that the captain had died. With the crew and pirates pitted against her, she didn't know who her friends might be. She decided to sink into the shadows and watch the events unfold at a distance rather than make her position known. Her form twitched and shivered as she became translucent, running from her aggressor as quickly as she could.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Going to make a concealment and silent move test as per my Stalker Kindred ability. Both are looking to get under 59.

    Concealment (Ag Test v 59): (1d100)[82]
    Silent Move (Ag Test v 59): (1d100)[49]
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

    Avatar by linklele

    Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    Feeding Bay Charlie Seven:
    Kais quickly takes out a few of the mutineers. More slowly, a few gun-servitors trundle out of their niches and mow down a dozen more. The shocked Mechanicus crew looks at the bodies scattered around the sacred spaces of the ship. Kais heads out of the Enginarium towards his quarters. Moments after he leaves, massive blast doors lower down, sealing the Mechanicus Enclave off from the rest of the ship... in theory. He heads towards the abandoned supply closet that make up his quarters. All around him is chaos; not the ordered chaos of battle, but the confused chaos of a panicked rout. He pushes his way into one of the large rooms where the crew is fed. He sees, trapped in a corner behind a makeshift barricade of tables, a young officer with a few even younger midshipmen is trying to fend off about a dozen other crewmen.

    Jag-reg finishes off a few pirates. The rest of the crew flees down the tunnels, towards some refuge, or towards the weapons lockers. Jag-reg, urged on perhaps by the sound of fighting or by his stomach's instincts, wanders over to his assigned feeding bay. He sees one of the blue alien on the other end, and in the middle he sees one of the friendlier officers trying to fend off some other members of the crew. The woman's face lights up when she sees Jag-reg and shouts, "James! Squish the bad men!" A few of the men turn towards Jag-reg at that. Four of them are waving boarding axes and run at him, leaving eight more at the makeshift barricade, trying to pull down the officer.

    In the Astropath chambers:
    Tarquin von Drakkan had often called Rendara "The third most valuable piece of equipment on the ship." And as such, she had been given a fine suite of three rooms next to the Astropathic focusing chamber on the ship's castle. When one of the pirates bursts into the room, she uses her powers to quickly and efficiently crush his feeble body, and he collapses, struggling to breath as his ribcage is collapsed in on his vitals. However, behind him, six more pirates pour through the door, shotguns drawn. One of them (their leader, perhaps?) points at her and shouts, "The blind one! Take her alive!" The pirates are blocking the way to the bridge, but the door to Rendara's private quarters are behind her, where a few of her servants are cowering, no doubt.

    In the deep underdecks:
    Xantha leaves the smoldering body behind. She is far down in the bowels of the ship. She pauses by a ladder leading up to a maintenance hatch; one that she knows the codes to. The large pipe next to the ladder has a plaque that says "STARBOARD CANNON #4 PITCH HYDRAULICS" and a series of maintenance purity seals on it. Below the plaque someone has scratched "Walloping Wanda goes all the way down". From up ahead, she sees flickering torchlight. A small party of twists is heading towards her. Their strange faces don't seem right in the shadows. As she conceals herself, she overhears one of them saying in their guttural version of ship cant, "Whiteclaw says, smash them pipes good, yeah, we get big gift. Food, meat, good water, yeah. Smashy smashy."

    The Cathedral:
    The ship's cathedral is just fore of the ship's castle. Secret stairwells connect the two so that officers can visit without having to traverse the lower decks. Father Answin is at prayer in a secluded chapel, watching the blood of the fallen pirate seep into the ornate mosaic on the floor. Most ships would have dozens, if not hundreds of priests, confessors, and religious functionaries, but von Drakkan and Answin's unique approach to the faith meant that Father Answin only had two illiterate altar boys and a few elderly lay preachers to aid him. These were running around the cathedral, helping lead the ship's non-combatants into the designated emergency shelters. The cathedral was one of the places for non-combatants to retreat to; pensioners, children, supernumerary paper-pushers, that sort of thing. Father Answin sees the ship's elderly law-scrivener, William Padding, shuffling in escorted by a few other scribes. The man limps over to Father Answin and shakes his head. "The savages have mutinied" he says. Father Answin recalls that a few years ago, after a particularly eventful warp voyage deep into the Heathen Stars, von Drakkan had bought ten thousand ferals from slavers on Naduesh; these savages had been willing enough to learn the voidman's trade, but had never integrated with the rest of the crew, nor had they been enthusiastic followers in Father Answin's flock. And now they've mutinied in the middle of a pirate attack. Father Answin looks around the cathedral, considering his options. Out the lower-doors he can head deep into the ship to take the fight to the mutineers, or he can head up towards the ship's castle to see what is happening there. Or he could stay here and defend the non-combatants or lead them in prayer, as is his designated role during emergencies.

    The Bridge:
    Selrya backs away from her assailant and tries to camouflage herself. The swordsman is quickly taken down by a spray of bullets from the bridge's security guards, but more pirates are swarming through the door. Selrya looks back at the body of her captor. The assassin/servant has picked up something from his body, and pushes a button. An armored shell quickly slides around the throne, protecting the assassin from the spray of bullets from the security guards. Someone shouts, "He's got the Lord Captain's baton!" Someone else shouts, "There's more coming through the upper doors!" A dozen pirates appear above the pit of the bridge and begin to open fire on the crew below. Selrya does not appear to have drawn any attention, but a few of the human crew near her are hit and go down in bloody heaps.
    Last edited by dojango; 2020-12-02 at 11:00 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    SchwhatNow's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    The chaos of battle was nothing new to him though he had never engaged in conflict aboard a ship like this. A part of him missed the familiarity of his bonded brothers and sisters to back him up but, in this case, the crew members who remained loyal deserved his support and attention. As he rounded the entryway and came face to face with a full-blown firefight Kais stopped himself from stepping into the open and exposing himself. A quick glance revealed that the officer and their men were vastly outnumbered but he could not in good conscience abandon them. Reaching to his belt he pulled one of his photon grenades free and activated it, doing his best to toss it into the room and towards the dozen or so mutineers. "Heads down officer!" he shouted, hoping that they would recognize the situation and ensure that their allies would avert their eyes.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Not sure if there are any modifiers to this due to Kais being undetected but here goes his throw.

    Ranged Attack (Bs 44): (1d100)[47]

    Last edited by SchwhatNow; 2020-12-02 at 11:50 PM.
    Aiden "Talon" Wulf

    Die Wölfe der Abfälle.----- Mercenary company in "Total War: Condottieri II"



  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Lord Raziere's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    Rendara:
    She curses under her breath. She liked her servants, they were either psykers like her who didn't deserve what they got in life, or were women she slept with. Either way they didn't deserve this. What would the Emperor do in the situation? Probably kill them all for daring to defy him. But this was like, six to one? and while they needed her alive- probably to send messages no doubt, the only thing more valuable was a Navigator- she wasn't sure if she could take them on. So she decided to try something....subtler. Try and influence the mind of the leader to look at her favorably while she speaks this
    "Well....you have me surrounded, I admit. Me and my servants will surrender in exchange for your protection. There is no need for us to fight each other after all and you need me to work my full effectiveness which my servants are vital for. They don't even pose a threat to you, and I doubt I can kill all of you. It would be more to your advantage if you turn your guns around and aimed them at others coming to take me from you. I assure you, the others who work the astropath chambers are no threat and will be beneficial to you as they are to me."

    Spoiler: OOC:
    Show

    Using Delude, Opposed willpower test against pirate leader:
    (1d100)[6] (Willpower 61)

    If successful, add +30 to a Charm roll of Untrained Fellowship 35, meaning effectively 18 without the Delude Bonus:
    (1d100)[86] (Fellowship 18 or 48 depending on Delude success)
    My Fan Fiction:
    To Catch A Mew
    A Kalos based pokemon fan fic. Now up to Chapter 25! I'm also on discord as "raziere".



  11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    Commander Crone

    Max curses under his breath as the Captain is blow away metres away from. Chunks of the Captain's brains splattering over the flight console that he's sat by. Rolling out of the chair he rises to his feet, weapons in his hands but is still not fast enough to stop the guards blow away the traitor. He looks for the strange Kroot, whistling loudly, "Selrya over 'ere, lets get off the bridge, that way" he shouts motioning at one of the access doors heading away from the main entrance to the bridge.

    Seeing the Lord Captain's Baton in the hands of the assassin being hidden by the throne's defense mechanism he whirls around and moves towards the nearest door, sapping a flurry of shots from his bolt pistol at the scum pouring through the door! He looks to the nearest access door judging the distance, trying to ignore the chaos and shuddering of the vessle and alarms blaring from the damage control panels.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    From the cover of the Navigation pit
    Called shot to the head of the closest pirate (no penalty thanks to Sharpshooter)
    (1d100)[20] TN 61+10 for close range =71
    - if Hit (1d10+5)[15] )tearing dice (1d10)[2]) PEN 4 to the head EDIT: 19 explosive damage (Pen4) to the head!
    -- IF RF (1d100)[58] TN 71 to confirm and (3d10)[4][3][5](12) as required

    Last edited by DrK; Yesterday at 11:32 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground
    Join Date
    Feb 2014

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    Pirates in here. Kill! Kill pirat-

    "James! Squish the bad men!"

    Friends in here. Pirates near friends. Kill pirates near friends!


    Jag-reg let out a bestial bellow, and smashed his blood smeared hammer down on the nearest bit of furniture making as much noise as possible. "Run an' 'll kill you last!" He screamed as he tore his way across the feeding bay towards the Officer and her personnel, sending anything unlucky enough to be caught in his path flying.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Intimidate on the four pirates in front of me, trying to get them not to block my way. If anyone else is within the AOE of my Intimidate roll, I get my strength score of 8 in targets so I'll just keep trying to get pirates to flee until I run out of targets in range.
    Intimidate score comes out to 63 (+10 from skill mastery, -10 from But it Dark in Dere!)
    (1d100)[37]

    Additional roll in-case I need to barrel through a pirate or two to get to where I want to be.
    My Str is 63 (If that's what I use)
    (1d100)[21]
    Last edited by Catarang; Yesterday at 01:13 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Lord Athos's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2018

    Default Re: The Great Koronus Mutiny (IC)

    Father Answin


    Reassuringly, he put his left hand on the law-scrivener's shoulder. "Steadfast, Padding. If our Faith does not falter, it will take more than some savages and pirates to break this crew." Father Answin replied serenely.

    He turned and walked towards the back of the cathedral, where he would normally conduct service, and activated the Cathedral's access to the ship's vox, to address the crew, in strong, solemn words.
    "Crew of the Medias Res! Today is a fateful day. Some we had deemed comrades have betrayed us. Insidious Raiders have come to board us.

    Like vermin they gnaw at all we hold dear.
    Like vermin, they gnaw on our livelihoods.
    Like vermin, they gnaw on our community.
    Like vermin, they gnaw at the Media Res' Glory.

    As we are beleaguered from within and without, I know you all feel smothered by their tide.

    Know though, brothers and sisters, that it is the most dire situations, when the God-Emperor's presence can be felt the strongest!
    Arm yourself in Faith, brothers and sisters, and together we shall conduct our most sacred duty, to exterminate this despicable vermin sworn to the ruinous powers!

    As the vermin they are, they do not understand something greater than themselves. They do not understand, brothers and sisters, that you all are part of this congregation, that it is you who are the Medias Res, in service to Our Saviour, the God-Emperor on his Golden Throne! This day, you all are instruments of His Glory, and it shall shine Bright in our battle!

    Know that the Emperor's gaze lies upon us! This is the time that we show our true strength!
    In the Name of the Golden Throne, all of you, spill the blood of these sinners, char their rotten corpses and send them to their Eternal Damnation!"


    He had opened his arms wide while taking, and raised his eyes to the cathedral sky - only now that he had finished, he moved his hands back to his weapons.
    "Brother Bartholomew, lead the congregation in prayer." he ordered his most trusted underling, before he headed up towards the ships castle, flamer and chainsword at the ready.
    He was willing, in the Emperor's name, to take the fight wherever he had to - but at first, the castle had the highest priority for the Medias Res.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    Okay, I'm trying to inspire the crew/instill hatred for the pirates and mutineers in them.

    (1d100)[93] vs 82 / 102 if inspire wrath is applicable. + 10 again if any of peer military/worker/academics/nobility/ecclesiarchy is applicable.
    Rerolled to a glorious 3 in the OOC.
    Last edited by Lord Athos; Today at 01:16 AM.
    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

    Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

    Member of the Kyrsull Entente
    Free City of Khasal - Ironfang Republic - Theocracy of Shemesh -The Templars of Our Burning Saviour

    Glory to the Flame!


    Awesome Templar Avatar by smutmulch - thanks a lot!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •