Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Adventure on the Inner Seas [PF][OOC]

Chances are we'll want to spend at least a couple days in port. The ship was not well maintained by its previous owners, so for some extra time spent on repairs would be prudent. That and from the sound of it we will have to replace most of the crew, so more time to sift through those willing to hire on for the best of the bunch would be good as well

That would give the new guys plenty of time to hear about us by one means or another.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-06-26 at 03:59 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Should the three of us newbies move to the IC thread?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zurambas View Post
    Should the three of us newbies move to the IC thread?
    Techwarrior/Corvac hasn't checked in since early in the recruiting thread, so I think they're gone. Though that gives us 5, which is one of the reasons I was looking for 3 in the first place.

As for checking into the IC thread, if you've got anything you would like to do IC before you meet we can do that. Otherwise I'm giving the current players a chance to do anything else with the existing crew before heading back. If they're simply ready to go back to port we can do that.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gerran will speak in PURPLE. Sure, I'll do a little bit of pre-intro stuff in the thread.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zurambas View Post
    Gerran will speak in PURPLE. Sure, I'll do a little bit of pre-intro stuff in the thread.
    Shoudl we RP together. Both for convenience of picking us up and to keep us busy on the meantime?

6. - Top - End - #456
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I caught this a bit late, unfortunately. That would have been good, Spore.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

well if we are needing more catch to fill robels boat then do that otherwise head for port is fine by me

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Just as a note, how I'm running it, while Rahadoum/Azir are anti-religion they aren't really against divine spell casting. It is just too wide spread. They are against organized religion dictating morality/actions of others. Azir in particular is just too big and too busy to really shut it all down completely. As long as you aren't openly preaching or trying to convert others there shouldn't be many issues. There are a fair share of divine outsiders and outsider touched races that are free to be in the city too. They aren't going to strip search everyone for holy symbols, but having large quantities of symbols or writings would be an issue.

Catfolk, while not common, wouldn't be regarded with much suspicion either. The city sees a lot of unusual races, and with the city-state of Murraseth being on the same continent and the amount of travelers hitting such a busy port city means they're going to be used to a lot of things. Not to say you'll always be treated well, but you're not going to be treated notably worse than any other group that would generally be considered the working poor.

Although being from Tian, which is a long way away, you might very well believe you're much more rare than you really are. Especially if you didn't know about that city-state.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-06-27 at 08:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'm ready to move on to the port, if nothing else crops up.
    I second that.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Understood, Erloas. I will remember that. I didn't think the dockworker was necessarily prejudiced; it was more a case of too much weirdness at once.

11. - Top - End - #461

Kind of waiting on a general description of the Anchors Away before I claim I just sit down and order a pot of tea. I thought about going for Grog but I am not really sure on what kind of customs are practiced here. Plus I don't really want to start making fort saves vs. alcohol in a tavern known to be a tad dangerous.

If there is trouble, I try to avoid it and if there are interesting jobs or news - including a new ship with a colorful crew perhaps - we could investigate as well. If my post speed is too quick, I am sorry but I am kinda excited to finally start off here.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

All right, Ariadne would have been assessing the crew up to this point, with an eye to determine who we want to keep on board if they are willing, and who we want to kick off the minute we bump the dock.

I am guessing that the guy we made clean out the bilges did not have a sudden change of heart and become one of the most pleasant and helpful crew members on board. Unless I'm wrong on that point, I think it's fair to say he's gone. Also on the chopping block would be anyone who displayed similar levels of that kind of behavior, or anyone we had to repeatedly get after in order to get any kind of work out of them.

Concerning our payment for the current contract remember that it was primarily for a share of the Harvest. I suggest that we go ahead and keep some of it for a nice Feast for whatever portion of the crew is staying on, trade most of the rest for preserved food stuffs that won't rot, a couple months worth would be good, and sell the rest.

Thoughts?
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

All right, Ariadne would have been assessing the crew up to this point, with an eye to determine who we want to keep on board if they are willing, and who we want to kick off the minute we bump the dock.

I am guessing that the guy we made clean out the bilges did not have a sudden change of heart and become one of the most pleasant and helpful crew members on board. Unless I'm wrong on that point, I think it's fair to say he's gone. Also on the chopping block would be anyone who displayed similar levels of that kind of behavior, or anyone we had to repeatedly get after in order to get any kind of work out of them.

Concerning our payment for the current contract remember that it was primarily for a share of the Harvest. I suggest that we go ahead and keep some of it for a nice Feast for whatever portion of the crew is staying on, trade most of the rest for preserved food stuffs that won't rot, a couple months worth would be good, and sell the rest.

Thoughts?
    Obviously Bodaku is pro feast. I agree with the crew assignments. I would like to know how much gold I can put on my character sheet for shopping.

14. - Top - End - #464

I am trying to get Gerran slightly drunk, both for fun, and maybe he opens up a bit.

e: You should not feel forced to participate or feel like I "power emote" you towards telling me more.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-07-01 at 04:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by optimumsquare View Post
    Obviously Bodaku is pro feast. I agree with the crew assignments. I would like to know how much gold I can put on my character sheet for shopping.
    I was going with the presumption that we basically release everyone. Then if they want to work for us, they come back to us. we would possibly rehire them at a local tavern or where ever. that way we have control over who works for us and how much they would get.
    and for purposes of keeping track of per person amounts based on npc position it is a small matter to set up a table to reflect that and then get it posted under the 1st post or somewhere easy to locate

16. - Top - End - #466
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Erloas, does it appear(Out Of Game) that Spore and I will meet the party at the Anchors Away? If so, Spore and I should be able to keep up conversation til then. Otherwise, we can "cut" to sleeping, and wake up and go look for work in the morning.
    Last edited by Zurambas; 2019-07-02 at 10:59 AM.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    I was going with the presumption that we basically release everyone. Then if they want to work for us, they come back to us. we would possibly rehire them at a local tavern or where ever. that way we have control over who works for us and how much they would get.
    and for purposes of keeping track of per person amounts based on npc position it is a small matter to set up a table to reflect that and then get it posted under the 1st post or somewhere easy to locate
    I really just want to know how much gold to put on my sheet.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Just to be clear the Port Authority would be the other people that came back with the officer. Mostly meaning you're not working with the navy any more. They know you're claiming right of possession.

As for gold, I thought Samduke was tracking what you had picked up. The gems and jewelry you've found need to be sold.

19. - Top - End - #469

Checking of Azaro can realize he is coming on too strong: (1d20+8)[25]

Part of me is sad I cant continue
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-07-02 at 05:07 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Gerran's from Tian(Asia), mostly. Large parts of Asia have cultural taboos against PDA(Public Displays of Affection. Especially Japan.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Just to be clear the Port Authority would be the other people that came back with the officer. Mostly meaning you're not working with the navy any more. They know you're claiming right of possession.

As for gold, I thought Samduke was tracking what you had picked up. The gems and jewelry you've found need to be sold.
    I looked and maybe I missed gems, coins ect but I dont see them..so GM please re-provide that info

Olivia- MW pistol, longsword

Bodaku- +1 darkleaf lamellar armor

Ariadne- +1 bracers of armor

ship armory- MW leather armor, shortsword, breastplate, musket
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-07-03 at 10:47 AM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

It is very possible that I forgot to mention the non-equipment found on the ship once you took it. I did realize that I really didn't get enough out there to match WBL because it was fewer larger fights, two of which didn't end up with loot. And can't really count the ship as part of the loot since it is integral to the story more than just direct game power/utility.

Although you didn't directly identify it while at sea it will be easy enough to get done in town, the claws where Claws of the Ice Bear though they can be refluffed a little since ice doesn't really work in this circumstance.

You do have the gear taken care of, if not directly claimed and used. I did give the coins from the boggards, but since I missed the others, I'll figure out everything and lump it all together. I'm going to assume any jewelry, gems, and similar types of things you're going to sell? As in if you need some specific gems for spells or such, or wouldn't mind some fancy necklaces to wear, let me know. Also going to assume that you're more interesting in selling/trading things quickly rather than haggling for the best prices, let me know if that is an incorrect assumption.

I should have it figured out by tomorrow, either way I think you'll still be meeting each other and talking for the next little bit anyway.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Those claws look like a good candidate to be sold anyways. Every single one of its functions are replaceable with cheaper items. Climber's kit, regular spiked gauntlets, and a wand of spider climb all together is something under 900 gp, and with the wand it isn't just the one person affected.

And yes, we'll be selling anything we don't have a direct use for. However, we do have several days to kill, one way or another, so some haggling and shopping around would be preferred. I don't think we have the skills to support going all bargain hunter of the century here, but not just settling for the first offer would be quite prudent.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-07-03 at 07:37 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

yeah I would agree with the sell all stuff, each persons slit mentioned above is theirs to do with as they see fit , the ship stuff is group property as far as I am concerned.
    Olivia will keep the MW. longsword, but because the MW pistol, is not the same as a dragoons pistol like what she has alreeady, she will sell it no haggle - so what ever works there. then once all the other coin is divided out she can look into the possible purchase of another dragoon pistol 1,500 gp. might attempt haggle here, she will also need more ammo Dragoon Cartridge 30 gp, to replace the expended no matter what.
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-07-03 at 09:46 PM.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm going to suggest not selling firearms we find for a good while if we don't have to, especially not MW quality ones, they're rare and expensive. Ariadne could use that pistol as a backup weapon for her current one since she can't clear misfires efficiently. Even if that were not the case, it could go into the ship armory for another PC or one of the crew to make use of.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

Mundane and magic items will sell for the standard 50%.

Also remember that firearms are commonplace so the dragoon pistol is 375g base.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I know it makes sense to sell the claws, but it's kind of a shame. They are kind of cool.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

I'm going to suggest not selling firearms we find for a good while if we don't have to, especially not MW quality ones, they're rare and expensive. Ariadne could use that pistol as a backup weapon for her current one since she can't clear misfires efficiently. Even if that were not the case, it could go into the ship armory for another PC or one of the crew to make use of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Mundane and magic items will sell for the standard 50%.

Also remember that firearms are commonplace so the dragoon pistol is 375g base.
    okay with a smig of retcon IC conversation, if Ariadne wants that MW pistol Olivia will gladly give it to her ( we will call it a present )
    and then in the morning after meeting the rest of the party Oliva, and Ariadne probably will go shopping - others are welcome as well.

Erloas is the dragoon cartridge still 30?

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Prices for ammunition are cut as well, so those cartridges will be 7.5 gold

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought they might be useful, but it is up to you. Related though, Spider Climb is level 2, so wands are a lot more than 900g, but the regular spell does last a lot longer.

Daishain is correct on the ammo too, it is reduced in cost as well.

While it doesn't really matter, I thought we were going with the magical stone in Olivia's necklace as the source for the mutation, even though it does actually come from class abilities.

And I guess Bodaku being ditched for the evening does give him a good reason to meet new people at the tavern. Also the tavern, while a good place to meet people wouldn't be the nicest place to stay, cheap, but fitting that cost.