Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Adventure on the Inner Seas [PF][OOC]

I could have sworn that spell was level 1, not sure where I got that impression... that might change things, we could probably use them for assaulting a fort or something.

As to Olivia's changes, I was wondering why they were being portrayed as something that she didn't deliberately do to herself.

And yeah, if the rooms are that sketchy, we'll probably retire to an at least slightly nicer inn nearby
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I thought they might be useful, but it is up to you. Related though, Spider Climb is level 2, so wands are a lot more than 900g, but the regular spell does last a lot longer.

Daishain is correct on the ammo too, it is reduced in cost as well.

While it doesn't really matter, I thought we were going with the magical stone in Olivia's necklace as the source for the mutation, even though it does actually come from class abilities.

And I guess Bodaku being ditched for the evening does give him a good reason to meet new people at the tavern. Also the tavern, while a good place to meet people wouldn't be the nicest place to stay, cheap, but fitting that cost.
    we did discuss it and it does come from it "though technically class" , but she openly is not telling them that the stone is the cause, because the alchemy bit is slightly more believable, though maybe Ariadne will be told now this "relationship" seems started...
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-07-05 at 06:48 AM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

So it will be a little bit before you get it all done, but without selling any of the equipment/items but selling jewelry, gems, and the money from the fish, and boggards you'll have 922g each.

282 each from what the boggards had on them (847g total)
    162 from your 30% of the fishing trip (486g total)
    252g from gems (756g total)
    98g from jewelry (294g total)
    128g from coins on the ship (384g total)

I don't think anyone added the coins from the boggards yet, but if someone did add it to their sheet let me know so we can adjust accordingly.
    Also Lita just gave you 50g each from the guard duty, if you haven't added that yet, don't forget to.
    I also think there were a couple potions on the ship that no one accounted for.

(edit: just to be clear, this is the existing players, and with no shares going to the lost players.)

I suppose we should make it clear is anyone specifically tracking the items on/for the ship, miscellaneous equipment, tools, etc? Does anyone want to take that on or do you want me to keep track of it?
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-07-06 at 04:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Firbolg in the Playground

I should perhaps note on a meta level that Azaro can craft wondrous items though he won't be able to craft items that involve difficult components as his list is pretty focussed on protective items for now.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    I should perhaps note on a meta level that Azaro can craft wondrous items though he won't be able to craft items that involve difficult components as his list is pretty focused on protective items for now.
    Good to know, that should come in handy, especially since we'll have plenty of time for you to do the work as we're floating from place to place.

Just a tip concerning crafting, you just need access to the spell for the process. Meaning someone else can cast it for you and/or you can use a scroll/wand/similar item.

If even that cannot be arranged, you can ignore having access to the spell altogether by increasing the DC of the spellcraft check by five.

Oh, with that in mind, I do have a request for your crafting list when you have the chance. https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items...ackling-hag-s/
    Although I'd like to simultaneously request the DM that the fluff description for that thing be changed. Ariadne's not exactly the type to have shriveled feet and other such things dangling off her.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

So it will be a little bit before you get it all done, but without selling any of the equipment/items but selling jewelry, gems, and the money from the fish, and boggards you'll have 922g each.

I suppose we should make it clear is anyone specifically tracking the items on/for the ship, miscellaneous equipment, tools, etc? Does anyone want to take that on or do you want me to keep track of it?
    922 gp -> added to sheet
    Shoping List
    Sell current Armor: Mithral Shirt

Purchase new armor that permits 4 arms (I have light armor prof. I could use mithral breastplate but not sure if the rule of prof. in med armor will be a factor? - if not I will look for 4 arm version of mithral breastplate
    Dragoon Pistol is 375 gp -> if I can find a masterworked version 450 gp that would be great, even better if I could find 2x +2 reliable dragoon pistols
    Dragoon cartridge 7.5 gp x 3 (22.5 gp) to replace used ammo
    maybe a bandoleer to tote cartridges about easy

so I can track this ->
    ship armory- MW leather armor, shortsword, breastplate, musket
    I guess i can tos sit on my sheet with the notes section as Ship Armory if no one minds...

7. - Top - End - #487

I won't and probably will never have 5 ranks in Intimidate (it kinda fits fluffwise, with I'm already pretty strapped for skills), so the item has a 25% chance of failure.

Personally I am not a fan of "failure chance" so I personally would prefer a system in which the missing ranks of spellcraft are compensated by an increased price (because let's face it, no sane character, be it NPC or PC would risk loosing 3000 gp which is equivalent of 8 years of serving a low income job with 1gp per day).

Looking back at it, a crafting feat is probably not the best choice for Azaro as he lacks the necessary skill set (craft, UMD, all he has is an expansive spell list).
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-07-07 at 05:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

I won't and probably will never have 5 ranks in Intimidate (it kinda fits fluffwise, with I'm already pretty strapped for skills), so the item has a 25% chance of failure.

Personally I am not a fan of "failure chance" so I personally would prefer a system in which the missing ranks of spellcraft are compensated by an increased price (because let's face it, no sane character, be it NPC or PC would risk loosing 3000 gp which is equivalent of 8 years of serving a low income job with 1gp per day).

Looking back at it, a crafting feat is probably not the best choice for Azaro as he lacks the necessary skill set (craft, UMD, all he has is an expansive spell list).
    simple crafting aanswer is to hire npc spellcaster services ect...

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

I hadn't looked that closely at item creation, that is a pretty huge cost to put on a single all-or-nothing skill check. I suppose at higher levels you just stack every bonus you can onto the spellcraft check, but that could be a bit expensive at lower levels. Only a few options I even see for spellcraft increases, Arcane Family Workbook, Armillary Amulet, Heroism, and Visualization of the Mind, which would be a full +16. There is also the normal +int spells and items. Though the workbook is the only one likely at lower levels.

For Olivia, getting armor modified for four arms should be relatively easy and not more expensive. You could probably find someone to modify your existing armor for the extra arms for a minor fee. Although a mithril breastplate would be prohibitively expensive at this point, and even though it is treated as light for some things you still need medium proficiency to use it (although the ACP would only be -1).

Pistols, bandoleers, magic items and everything else will be standard prices.

Starting Sunday I'm going back to Wy for a visit. Will have access but limited options to make posts for that week.
    Right now it seems like everyone is still meeting and doing personal stuff. If your ready to move to some new time or place else please let me know. You can assume normal interactions with NPCs goes as expected, so ordering more food or drink, finding a good place to stay for the night, purchasing standard gear, etc.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Don't forget that you can typically take 10 on the check. So as long as 10 plus whatever spellcraft bonuses you have added up is enough, you're safe

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

I hadn't looked that closely at item creation, that is a pretty huge cost to put on a single all-or-nothing skill check. I suppose at higher levels you just stack every bonus you can onto the spellcraft check, but that could be a bit expensive at lower levels. Only a few options I even see for spellcraft increases, Arcane Family Workbook, Armillary Amulet, Heroism, and Visualization of the Mind, which would be a full +16. There is also the normal +int spells and items. Though the workbook is the only one likely at lower levels.

For Olivia, getting armor modified for four arms should be relatively easy and not more expensive. You could probably find someone to modify your existing armor for the extra arms for a minor fee. Although a mithril breastplate would be prohibitively expensive at this point, and even though it is treated as light for some things you still need medium proficiency to use it (although the ACP would only be -1).

Pistols, bandoleers, magic items and everything else will be standard prices.
    okay I know that mithral breastplate is 4200 standard and yeah expensive was not even sure it would be available

modifing the mithral chain shirt she has - is probably the best option and that can get RPed I guess, along with the other stuff
    so the +2 reliable dragoon pistols would run 8,450 i think, - again not yet but nice to know, so probably just another mw pistol for the 450 plus bandolier (unknown cost) and ammo

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

They wouldn't have something like that sitting around, especially that would fit 4 arms, but the material and craftsmen to make it are there.

For the bandolier there is a standard one, there are also a couple magical ones, not sure what you want exactly.

A MW dragoon pistol should be 675, 375 for the pistol, 300 for all MW weapons
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-07-09 at 02:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #493

Right now it seems like everyone is still meeting and doing personal stuff.
    I honestly would not mind meeting the others.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ettin in the Playground

We have split time again too. So either Bodaku, Gerran, and Azaro can find some reason to meet up again tomorrow at the ship*, or Olivia and Ariadne could have just gone to find a place to stay, then headed back an hour or two later to let Bodaku know they found a place to stay and reserved him a room and meet the others.

*it is also possible to just sleep on the ship. If Gerran and Azaro don't already have a place to stay Bodaku could offer to let them crash on the ship with him. It is empty.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I think chances were they'd have just agreed to meet back up at the ship. After all, not much else can be decided before that matter is settled.

In the interest of moving things along, perhaps we should assume that people crashed wherever they cared to, on the ship or otherwise, and then we all met up again by the ship in the morning to find out about the owner? We can make further introductions and move on from there.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

That sounds good to me as well. Gerran may not remember the exact details of his hiring <headdesk>, but Azaro willbstraighten him out.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

What are the options for shopping for things like scrolls and wands here in town? Also, whats the name of this place?

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by optimumsquare View Post
    What are the options for shopping for things like scrolls and wands here in town? Also, whats the name of this place?
    You're back in Azir, which is big enough that pretty much anything standard you guys can afford can be found. Something unusual (such as Olivia's 4-armed armor) can be made, it will just take a little bit of time.

19. - Top - End - #499

On Olivia's arm situation: Can you see it? How does it look? Azaro is pretty open-minded when it comes to employers but I assume it could be a tad unsettling.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

She's made it clear that she's not inclined to hide them, so yeah you'd be able to see them. Usually they're described as just being a smaller version of regular arms below the main pair. Sam may have something else in mind, but she hasn't said as much so far.

Frankly, in this world while extra arms certainly wouldn't be common, I suspect your character has seen much wierder things.
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-07-13 at 08:46 AM.

21. - Top - End - #501

Quote Originally Posted by Daishain View Post
    Frankly, in this world while extra arms certainly wouldn't be common, I suspect your character has seen much wierder things.
    We are fourth level. And my backstory is basically my character dealing with Chelish navy (so at most a few devils), a few island tribes (lizardfolk, voodoo priests and the like) and buttloads of pirates (probably also one that uses undead or ghosts).

So yea, it is comparatively mild but still unsettling ^^

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

olivia is not going to hide them, and they are full normal sized usable arms with wielding capable hands
    as far as shopping goes I was waiting to RP that after finding out if the ship or some sort of reward was ours
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-07-13 at 01:22 PM.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

Sporeegg, I've thought about some alternative methods to handle crafting to you don't have thousands of gold resting on a single roll but it will be a while before I can really run the numbers to see how the idea pans out. I'm going to assume though that there are probably a dozen well vetted alternate crafting rules already floating around, so if you would like to propose one for me to look over I would be happy to check them out.

Given that I'll probably be slower to post and that not everyone has really meet or talked, and there will be things like what jobs each of you are going to do on the ship, where you might want to go next, what you're going to look for in a crew, etc. feel free to do that IC and mark it as separate from the actions and discussions with the NPCs currently visiting.

As for the current negotiations, there is value in all sorts of things that aren't strictly gold and a deal can encompass more than what you can pay/do for them this very minute.
    For a point of reference, a ship like this new would cost about 20k

24. - Top - End - #504

In all fairness, the two time points already confuse me, so I will not post a third thing in parallel.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

i think everyone is near or should be at or on the boat.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I am sorry everyone. An unforeseen life event happened. I will be unable to write responses for one week. I will return 7/23.

The game is great and I enjoy writing with you all.

Zurambas

27. - Top - End - #507
    Ettin in the Playground

In all fairness, the two time points already confuse me, so I will not post a third thing in parallel.
    I thought everyone synced up in the morning. And that even if you didn't know what was going on, that you guys were at the ship because of Bodaku when the other people showed up.

28. - Top - End - #508

I thought everyone synced up in the morning. And that even if you didn't know what was going on, that you guys were at the ship because of Bodaku when the other people showed up.
    Just railroad us together so the game doesnt die of lack of momentum please.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Also, I'm currently waiting on a response to the insistence about putting the chest down

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

currently waiting on response to the insistence about putting the chest down also