Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure on the Inner Seas [PF][OOC]

I'll get a post up soon in the IC.

As for Shaddup, unless I've missed something you don't have an empathic link or similar and with the tricks you could probably have him convey that he's seen something like a ship in a general area but probably not much more specific. I don't think he would have any way of knowing if it is hostile or not. (if I have missed something please let me know)
    Also what tricks does he know? https://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/handle-animal/ If you've got some specific variation of trick you would like him to know, let me know.

As for training, nothing specific is mentioned, but I would have to think that being able to let them know exactly whether or not they got something right, and what you expect/want, would speed things up. Its been a couple days so it will have a better feel for what you guys want.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2018-12-16 at 04:46 AM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

How do you want Morley handled? Someone want to take him for this combat? Just want him to work like the rest of the crew?

I'm a big hesitant to do anything big before the holidays because I know everyone is busier than usual. What do you guys think?

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

run him gm as any NPC

okay on that subject of upcoming this is a notice for everyone just an FYI
    as of sunday the 23rd i expect my postings to become limited as I am preping to move 100+miles , and will be without internet as a whole i have access via my phone but the roller hates it ( Officially give permission to GM to make my rolls and adlib any appropriate comment or information from my character until such time as I gain internet back - this might be mid january

4. - Top - End - #214
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    How do you want Morley handled? Someone want to take him for this combat? Just want him to work like the rest of the crew?

I'm a big hesitant to do anything big before the holidays because I know everyone is busier than usual. What do you guys think?
    I assume your referring to the upcoming battle with the pirate ship yes? I don't mind taking control of him for one combat if we have a link to his sheet. As for the holidays, I vote for picking it up after the holidays. I'm waiting to hear back from work stuff and I won't know for sure whats going on until after the new year.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    run him gm as any NPC

okay on that subject of upcoming this is a notice for everyone just an FYI
    as of sunday the 23rd i expect my postings to become limited as I am preping to move 100+miles , and will be without internet as a whole i have access via my phone but the roller hates it ( Officially give permission to GM to make my rolls and adlib any appropriate comment or information from my character until such time as I gain internet back - this might be mid january
    Good luck! Crazy time to move.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by optimumsquare View Post
    I assume your referring to the upcoming battle with the pirate ship yes? I don't mind taking control of him for one combat if we have a link to his sheet. As for the holidays, I vote for picking it up after the holidays. I'm waiting to hear back from work stuff and I won't know for sure whats going on until after the new year.
    Morley's sheet is linked in the OP.
    I've got a few smaller things in mind, but yeah, the pirate ship is where his help would be most needed. Maybe he can retire to a life of fishing with Robel and Lita once you've got your ship.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

GM As for the holidays, 1 vote for picking it up after the holidays, I obviously have relocation so a break could be a good thing... I will pm you info

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I would like to continue, but since it seems that many people are going to be too busy to do so, might as well wait until after the holidays.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

crab pot rope pull I looked at it wrong I had a +1 str mod so that (1d20)[14] should be 15 - not sure it matters

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Merry xmas/happy holidays

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

post note @GM you have my permission to npc my character and run / roll or otherwise for the next few days or so as I expect to be without internet or limited access for a few days at least

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Right now I'm waiting until we've got a few people settled after the holidays.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I'm still around and ready to resume, just let me know.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

poke poke here fishy fishy fishy - begining to wonder whats in or attached to that crab pot

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

So seeing as I forgot to post the map, and it may not have been clear that the crab was *large* and therefor threaten like 1/3 of the ship (which I didn't really realize until I stuck it on there) I'll let Olivia adjust her action if she wants, since shooting where she is at would provoke an AOO as well as trying to climb right where it is. A 5-ft step to C7 would be a safe move to shoot but not able to climb.

And not that I picked the crab because it was a vermin and immune to mind-affects, but it was kind of surprising to see that Misfortune wasn't mind-affecting anyway.

Will save vs misfortune
    (1d20+1)[8] vs DC 14 save

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

yeah i will edit that ic

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, that is one of the reasons I like it, it works on pretty much anything. Now I just need to get the cackle hex so I can keep it going for for more than one round.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Just to make sure, is it clear whom everyone is? Didn't have pics for most characters. Also if you would like me to use something else for you just send me what you want and I'll switch it in.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Morley isn't on the initiative order. Are we going to play him or just treat him like he's gone?

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

once you indicated the AoO issue and a 5ft step i figured out what image was my character and that works for me

edit looks like were still waiting on folk to post ic for this combat
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-01-09 at 08:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Morley isn't on the initiative order. Are we going to play him or just treat him like he's gone?
    Right now he is just in the background with Robel and Lita. It didn't seem like anyone was really clear if he should be played or not.

So I forgot the misfortune hex, so rerolling to get the "real" attack value

AOO against Bodaku
    (1d20+9)[24]

normal against Bodaku
    (1d20+9)[24]

normal attack against another crew member
    (1d20+9)[14]

So I guess this crab has earned his size in the crab fighting rinks...
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-01-10 at 12:55 AM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

just a note gm you have my permission to make rolls for me for the next 2-3 days if needed, i have been in moving flux for 2 weeks and finally my place is ready to move into so i will be ghosting at best

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Ok. Will do if needed.

Bodoku can roll to stabilize, as well as the two birds will continue to attack.

Will vs blind
    (1d20+1)[17]

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Welp, my character's been about as useful as a barnacle so far. The thing basically ignored my hex's effect, and then managed to avoid the relevant part of my spell...

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, and in my other games the dice roller won't let me hit the broad side of a goblin with several bonuses going...

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Is anyone having trouble with the dice roller?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Is anyone having trouble with the dice roller?
    previewing and then trying to post a roll or trying to edit and post a roll the roller wont do either if its just lousy rng then test

(1d100)[6], (1d100)[48], (5d20)[5][14][2][1][17](39) the RNG could be having issues not sure
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-01-12 at 04:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Has anyone heard from our other two players?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

I did send both of them a message a few days ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Getting ready to post and I'm going to do some basic actions for both of them, just trying to decide on what exactly. While I don't think River would have any problem with me using any daily use resources, still doesn't feel right to do too much with anyone without having cleared it first.

So yeah, the crab is rolling good. I guess this is that whole "throwing a brute into the middle of a ranged group with no where to run is a higher CR that it would seem" since he should have been easier than the last fight.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-01-14 at 09:11 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

no clue on others and my RL is busy trying to unpack a 10ftx15ft storage unit into my new place so I am busy

round 3 action looks like she can shoot - now she will need to rapid reload but doable to be able to shoot round 4 if the crab does not die first

(1d20+7)[20] confirm crit (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage (1d8+4)[12] not a crit but hey max damage :)

30. - Top - End - #240
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Hey sorry you guys, my internet went out unexpectedly for like a week. Just got it fixed.

Also, for future note. If you need to play my character Erloas, feel free to use whatever resources River has at his disposal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree