Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Adventure on the Inner Seas [PF][OOC]

We're glade your back.

ChaosHarmony:
    Dancing lights isn't going to have any direct effect on the crab since he isn't light sensitive. And allowing a cantrip to duplicate a 1st level spell (touch of blindness) without having a save and at range instead of touch just doesn't seem right. Can easily run it as flare (dazzle) or daze if you would like.

Daishain:
    The crew member can be saved but isn't going to die in a round. You can shoot the crab and save the crewmember right after the fight.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-01-15 at 09:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    We're glade your back.

ChaosHarmony:
    Dancing lights isn't going to have any direct effect on the crab since he isn't light sensitive. And allowing a cantrip to duplicate a 1st level spell (touch of blindness) without having a save and at range instead of touch just doesn't seem right. Can easily run it as flare (dazzle) or daze if you would like.
    I was thinking it was more blinding because "Ah, these things are blocking my line of sight" than "Ah that light is so bright it hurts my eyes". Essentially I'm trying to distract it, since I can't really hinder it otherwise
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanne Collins
    Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be if we met at midnight in the hanging tree

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

I got the idea, just saying I can't really let a cantrip duplicate a 1st level spell and be better. So I'll resolve it as per flare, just with some different fluff to the spell.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Understood, I'll go ahead and take the shot then
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I didn't do an action for the birds since you already did that. Do you want to take care of their roles or should I do that on my turn?

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

I only did the birds' actions last turn because you didn't on the turn you went down.

You can make their attacks for this turn, I plan on just keeping them with you in initiative in general (including any summoned ones).

I also assume you mean to move to D14 rather than D4. Daegan is the one currently in D6.

Feel free to send me something better than a club, I can resize, cut, and add transparency to anything you want to use.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Ohhh, I thought that was a wand. and I thought I was a different tile. Sure, D14 it is then. edited to include bird rolls

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

That is why I asked earlier. You specifically I wasn't sure what to use, and I knew a club wasn't very fitting, it just happened to be the weapon you had listed, even if you haven't actually used it. You and Olivia were both close because you helped pull it up.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Here. Shark tooth. I think that fits with Bodaku's character concept rather well. You should be able to copy and past the image.

https://www.skullsunlimited.com/prod...k-tooth-ko-223

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

sorry gang i have been ultra busy tying to get a storage shed unloaded before the end o month so i dont have to pay that for another month, I hope to have posting back to weekday posting soon

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    sorry gang i have been ultra busy tying to get a storage shed unloaded before the end o month so i dont have to pay that for another month, I hope to have posting back to weekday posting soon
    How's the move going?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by optimumsquare View Post
    How's the move going?
    physical move is done but still have to get stuff from storage to apartment and that takes time i filled a 10ftWx15ftLx8ftH and now have to stuff that in.. fortunately almost done.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Everything going okay? Its been a bit.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Was giving everyone a chance to do anything post fight. Since it seems not much else needs to be done we'll just assume everyone that needed one got a healing hex (and I assume everyone is tracking their own HPs).

Assuming every stays pretty quiet today at work I'll get something more posted today, if not it will be tomorrow.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

YaY!!!! I don't why I capitalized the second y, but I'm going with it.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

I will read up to where the group is and post something IC - for now my posting should be at least 1 time per weekday as internet is limited for now

Edit
    okay from previous rounds
    damage (1d6+7)[8]
    then
    healing hex once on anyone with more than a scratch.
    (1d8+3)[8]
    (1d8+3)[11]
    (1d8+3)[9]

not sure what if any is applied to olivia
    then sleep healed 3
    so if above is not applied then olivia is down 5hp
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-01-29 at 12:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Didn't see the edit. We'll just apply the rolled hexes to player, the exact amount for the crew isn't going to make a real difference.
    So that would mean you're full.

Spoiler: rolls
    Show

(1d20)[16]
    (1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[13]
    (1d20)[13]
    (1d20)[13]

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

okay question does anyone in the party have a spy glass does robel or other npc?
    we could use that to have a look without sending out a bird, bird can work still if no spyglass

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

There is no limit to the number of times healing hex can be used, only on how many times a particular person can benefit from it. I could heal a hundred people in a day, but each of them only once.

So yes, Olivia would have received healing from my character.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I have a question about the Handle Animal skill. On this page there is a trick called speak. Full disclosure, this is not in the PHB. My question is, given that I have a Parrot, can I use this skill and what are it's limitations?

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes, you can teach your parrot to speak. Teaching him the base trick will be as per normal. But since this is a parrot he'll be able to learn more than the simple yes/no answers. The basic check to teach him to speak will be as per normal, with the basic yes/no to simple concepts and we'll say 5 objects/properties (ship, person, color, number). Not counting towards the number of tricks, but still requiring some time and training checks we'll start with learning maybe two dozen words, with each word requiring time and a check. Check out some of the stuff on Alex the African Grey, and that is the sort of thing I'm going to look at allowing.

Teaching him to recognize people on a ship is doable, but not identifying between crew and officers. Lets say counting can get up to 8 with some work.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I get two free tricks as a 3rd level druid. Can he tell me if people are armed, and if so, how many tricks does that require?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

If you teach him to identify weapons (as part of speak) then he'll be able to tell you that people have them, and if not too many, count them for you. Of course he'll only be able to identify things as weapons if you've trained him to recognize them. If you find all sorts of different weapons to show him and train him that "these are weapons" then you could do that with one word. If you want him to know gun, sword, bow, spear, etc. then each would take it's own word.

Potential issues might be if you lump too many things together as a weapon he might think some other common tools are weapons, but if you teach him many different groups so he excludes common tools then if there is a weapon he hasn't seen he won't recognize it as a weapon. Both options should be pretty good, but they're not going to be perfect.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Would it be best if you treated him as an NPC? That would let you determine how strong his language skills are based on the number of tricks I spend on speak. I know that's a little extra work for you and if you don't want to do it I understand.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

are we waiting on something IC wise? last post nearly a week ago

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Speak: I figured it would just be one trick for him to speak, but we would expand what speak normally does, because it is a parrot, so you can tailor what he actually knows how to say. So the base "6 tricks for an animal" is unchanged and speak is only 1 of those. But that we're expanding beyond that to let him learn a larger set of words. I figured you would just get to pick the types of words he learns and the types of things he would learn to identify. So rather than being able to just ask yes or no questions, he might be able to say "3 guns, 2 swords" if he went and checked out a ship.

Since only one person actually posted I wasn't sure if everyone else was simply waiting or not here.

Although I'm going on vacation... hopefully tomorrow but we've had a big storm so might change. So I'll be limited in posting for a week.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Is it that storm in the northwest?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, everyone here is acting like it is a huge deal, but for everyone who doesn't live here, Ca, or Tx, this is pretty much just a regular winter storm. They're acting like it is really cold, it's been mostly low 30s to high 20s, that's light jacket weather.

But the trip I'm taking is through a lot of actual cold places including at least 3 major mountain passes, which is what I'm worried about. I accidently hit the walk directions (317 hours) and it told me a total elevation up of 38k feet, and down of 31kft, so yeah, lots of chances for bad spots.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I'm from Oregon but I travel all over the country so I get it. The worst part of northwest winter "storms" isn't the storms, its how people react to it. Bunch of dumbasses use snow as an excuse to drive like it's the wacky races. My girlfriend was going to go to central washington (Ellensburg if you know where that is) this weekend, but greyhound canceled the buses out there. Her trip was the same. Lot's of mountain passes.
    Last edited by optimumsquare; 2019-02-10 at 12:43 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

should we get a head count of whos available and who will need to be auto piloted? Over the last fight, not everyone was available to post during the fight.