Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 647
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Olivia offers to take the 1st watch, and with robels warning of the storm takes the time and a few crew to go through and tie down everything that could shift in a storm, then even though it might cost them time and distance as the storm closes in she will have the crew haul in all of the sails leaving only one low one for navigation knowing it would be the easiest to haul in if the storm turns really bad.
    If during her watch the storm hits and starts to get bad, she will tie a rope to herself and to the ship to prevent getting washed overboard, order the sail hauled in and put the bow into the wind.

  2. - Top - End - #242
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku "pilots" on his shift, although he is more there for encouragement than anything else. When he gets the chance, he speaks to Robel. "My friend, the skies look angry. Do you have any advice for when the sea becomes callous and the winds harsh?"

  3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne claims the night shift, working to keep the ship safe and off of shoals in the hours of darkness.

    When the crewmen start harassing some of the former slaves, she stalks up behind them. Her familiar pokes its head out of her blouse and stares at the objects of her ire along with her. In a quiet but stern voice she states, "That will be enough of that. They are freed men, and all of you are equals. That is up until the moment that you earn something otherwise. For instance, you." She points at whomever appears to have been most culpable for the incident. "You have just earned a shift cleaning out the bilges. Get to it. As for the rest of you, if I see this happening again, I may set you to scraping barnacles off of the hull, while we are still at sea. Am I understood?"

    When the storms approach, Ariadne will try to divine the best place to ride it out, an area likely not to generate or see ship killing waves, or push the vessel onto rocks.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Profession Sailor (1d20+11)[28]

    As far as bilge duty goes, Ariadne would center on whomever seems to have been the ringleader for the abuse. If there was no one person clearly more responsible for the rest, she would pick out the top 2-3 contenders.

    Pretty sure Ariadne has the highest sailor skill, in addition to a feature that straight up states that she cannot get lost at sea at all, and at will castings of know direction. Generally speaking, putting her on shift during the time it is easiest to get lost seems prudent. That leaves Bodaku with the evening shift.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Before you take off, after Bodaku asks Robel for advice on the storm he gives you some pointers. "There are a few different ways to handle a storm depending on your situation. If you can find a cove downwind of a tall island that will break the wind and waves you can drop anchor and that is the safest option. If not the two most important things to keep in mind is that you don't want to be upwind of any land or shallows, anything that the wind can push you into, and secondly to make sure the boat never turns parallel to the waves, a big wave or having sails up will pretty much guarantee the ship will capsize. With that in mind you can either go with the storm or against it, always keeping the ship straight into the waves. If you're going into it, very minimal jib sail and the tiller working in opposite directions to keep the ship into the waves is the best way, letting the bow of the boat take the waves. You can also go with the wind, no sails, just letting the wind push the boat and keep it going into the waves, but that will move you a lot farther a lot faster and the stern of the boat won't break waves as well as the prow. If you've got a drift anchor* that can make the process easier. Other than that, be careful, keep things buttoned up, and start emptying the bilge early rather than when it starts taking on more water."

    Once you set out Ariadne and Olivia take the time to explain and demonstrate to Bodaku and the rest of the crew what that actually means and how to do it. With Olivia's idea you also design a few simple harnesses for the captain and a couple crew to use in case it gets rough.

    The crew member that seemed to be leading the more difficult of the bunch and harassing the others was the middle aged human male, who generally seems rather helpful when you're watching but rather lazy when you're not. He looks angry when reprimanded but no one else seems willing to stand by his side with you around so he goes off below deck.

    You can feel the breeze picking up and the storm on the far horizon as you're leaving Robel's ship in the late morning after the transfers. The storm is a ways out, you've probably got time to search for a good spot around the islands, or you can put out the pots and get some crab before it really starts to pick up, in which case you've got the option to go into the channels or stay out a bit farther out into the ocean.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    *I think they are better known as sea anchors, but drift anchor is a more descriptive name to me and it is what I've heard used on small boats. Essentially a parashot for the water. There isn't one on the ship, but a concentrated effort and repurposing a spare sail in the hold you could try to make one. Tailor/craft clothing would be the most direct skill. There would be a bonus with engineering or sailor (or something similar to clothing or tailoring) and depending how many people you wanted to put to the task. Not sure if there are any spells that would help or not.

    Also not sure if anyone has actually taken/claimed the armor or weapons from the captain/officers yet.

  5. - Top - End - #245
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku is going to send Shaddup to scout for islands to shelter behind and he will also ask the dolphins (if still around) if they know where any appropriate shelter is. He sets the crew to working on the makeshift drift anchor in case it is needed. He gets the "helpful" human man to lead, and to make sure he stays busy, Bodaku watches him the whole time. Ideally, he would have Shaddup do it, as he is the more intimidating one, but the bird is scouting for islands.

  6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    taking Robels suggestion to heart Olivia during her watch will search for a sheltered anchorage
    perception (1d20+7)[11], profession sailor (1d20+7)[27]

  7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku watches the wildlife swimming around and sends Shaddup out to look around. Thinking about the animals of the oceans he knows that many of the big animals like dolphins, whales, and sharks will head out to open water during storms, the only one he can think of for sure that shelters in and around islands are seals. But you don't currently see any seals around, you think it likely that they've already headed for shelter. Shaddup looks for islands, which he finds and leads you past a couple before you realize he doesn't quite understand what you're asking him to look for, what he finds would be decent shelter for him, or for you, but not really for a ship.

    Araidne tries to judge the likelihood of a good cove based on the mountains on the islands before you get close. A few that she thought looks promising didn't really pan out yet.

    You are currently on the west side, near the south end, of the larger island farthest to the north-west. The wind is coming out of the east-northeast.

    So far through the morning and to mid-afternoon Olivia has been piloting and has done a great job at keeping the ship away from anything dangerous and well under control, as well as making very good time. At this point you are pretty sure you can see the island that Robel mentioned is where the Storm Giants are, you are not far from the smaller island and you can a significantly more massive island behind it. (essentially where the green x with the double line on it)

    The crew has been making pretty good work on some of the repairs but it has been a mixed result overall. Although having redirected all of the sail repair to working on the drift anchor did make good progress. Possibly because of Bodaku's ever watchful presence. While still far from complete, you feel nothing is in imminent danger of breaking or jamming. Between Ariadne's magic and the work of the crew the worse of the pulleys have been fixed and most worn ropes replaced or repaired.

    This is about the time Bodaku would be taking over piloting and Ariadne has spent half the time looking and working and the other half getting some rest for her night shift. [4 of 8 hours slept so far, will be done half way through Bodaku's shift unless you do otherwise. At which point Olivia will normally head to sleep)
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Bodaku
    knowledge (nature)
    (1d20+9)[10]
    handle animal
    (1d20+8)[17]

    Ariadne
    knowledge (geography)
    (1d20+7)[9]

    Only one day, but not fishing
    ropes/tarring
    (1d20)[20]
    (1d20)[8]
    mechanical repairs
    (1d20)[3]
    (1d20)[20]
    sail repair
    (1d20)[18]
    (1d20)[16]
    carpentry (limited by tools more than people)
    (1d20)[4]
    (1d20)[1]
    general repairs
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[1]

    Well how about that 4 natural 1s, and 2 natural 20s. That carpenter isn't doing a very good job.

    I'm not totally sure about the animals, I did some searching but decided I had enough to at least make up something believable, so if I've got it wrong then just go with it.


    This is the map that Robel originally shared with you of the area. So far almost all of your previous days and so far have been on the outer most smaller islands
    Spoiler: map (repost)
    Show



    Everyone is free to act.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-05-21 at 04:49 AM.

  8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    once Olivia is relieved as pilot, she will take a position looking for sheltered anchorage and watching over the crew.
    (ooc: i will roll a few for the various things: ship shelter perception (1d20+7)[18] , (1d20+7)[23] : crew perception (1d20+7)[26] , (1d20+7)[14] , (1d20+7)[9] )
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-05-21 at 04:28 AM.

  9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne moves amongst the crew, making sure they know how to handle themselves in the coming storm.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This is hardly my specialty in real life, so I'm less than certain, but wouldn't that channel between the big island and the mountain range be promising? If the storm winds are blowing out of the NE, the mountains would provide a buffer in that area. Storm surge would be at least relatively limited as wave energy is focused to the SW, away from the center of said channel.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  10. - Top - End - #250
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Seeing the carpenter having some trouble, Bodaku intervenes and casts shape wood to help.

  11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne and Olivia discuss the pros and cons of the various areas to check and decide working against the winds to get closer to mainland would be slow and potentially dangerous without a lot of room to navigate if things get worse. You decide to stay near the outer islands so that if something can't be found then you can head out to open waters.
    With the water pretty rough you pull everyone off the repairs on the riggings and sails and put more to working on the drift anchor, the woodwork, and checking for any areas below deck that could use tarring as well as finish off the bilge draining.

    You pass the first smaller island and as you get closer to the massive island behind it you feel like it is promising, with high cliffs along large parts of the coast. As you get near the south end you see the cliffs open in and find a nice bay. After circling for a little bit you pick a spot a ways away from the shore and drop your main anchor and drift a bit with the wind before the anchor find grip and you seem to stop, with the bow into the direction of the wind, then drop the rear anchor. It is still early evening but have the crew button up the ship and put the covers over the hold openings.

    As the storm picks up the ship rocks but isn't too bad but everyone stays down, with the exception of one of you heading out every hour or so to check the surroundings and try to judge if you're moving at all. The strain on the locking pins for the anchor is clear, so Bodaku and the crew member doing the carpentry get a new one fashioned. It takes much of the crew to spin the wheel enough to get the old pin free and get the new one in place but you get it done with no major issues.

    Once things are settled the majority of the crew stays in the hold, drink, tell stories, play dice, and various other things to stay entertained. A few of the more seasoned, or at least have more fortitude do head up to the primary crew bunks under the foredeck, but the others don't seem to be able to sleep. Other than checking above on the ship you can stay in the hold with the crew or spend your time in the captains/officers rooms below the stern deck.
    At some point during the night while passing through the officers meeting room you look again at the map you found before and believe you've ended up very close to one of the areas marked on the map.

    While no waves crest the deck, the rains are pretty heavy and you put a few crew to bilge duty through the night. Other than that there are no major issues from the storm, the ship's anchors seem to have good purchase and you don't seem to drag it much at all.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Ariadne sailor
    (1d20+11)[19]
    (1d20+11)[22]

    Olivia sailor
    (1d20+7)[17]
    (1d20+7)[22]

    crew
    carpentry
    (1d20+2)[15]
    (1d20+2)[16]
    general repairs
    (1d20)[14]
    tarring
    (1d20)[5]


    misc
    (1d20)[1]

    Had forgot I sort of had a way to erase and modify the map. Not to scale, but hopefully you can see where you are. Wasn't sure exactly how to do it either since no one asked about it.
    Not sure if there is much to do until/before morning but you've got a chance or you can say what you want to do once the storm has passed.


    Spoiler: map
    Show


    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-05-26 at 04:23 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne will spend most of her time moving from place to place on the ship, double checking on everything to ensure no problems arise.

    At some point, when things seem particularly quiet, she will ask the crewmen about the nearby location on the map. "The prior captain marked off certain areas on one of the maps he left us. One of them is close to this spot. Have any of you spent time in this region before? Do you know anything about what he might have been indicating? It might be worth checking out when the storm passes."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2019-05-26 at 06:28 PM.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    "We'll have to have a better look in the light after the storm passes, but we've spent quite a bit of time skirting around the Eye going between Mediogalti and The Shackles. They didn't really share too much of their specific plans, and only the more trusted crew went on some of the excursions, but we stopped for a number of reasons. Marking a good port to shelter in would seem likely, but I also know they were trying to cull favor with some of the more powerful pirate groups in the area. We would sometimes meet with others ships at some points, some we would avoid if we saw another ship there, and occasionally they would go onto shore for a while. Sometimes they would come back with minor goods, fruits, fresh water, and similar, sometimes they wouldn't have anything." The dwarf woman offers when asked.

  14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    during olivias downtime while not sleeping she wil llook over the maps, charts and try to determine a good location to come back to investigate the area further once the fishing trip is completed.

  15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    "We'll have to have a better look in the light after the storm passes, but we've spent quite a bit of time skirting around the Eye going between Mediogalti and The Shackles. They didn't really share too much of their specific plans, and only the more trusted crew went on some of the excursions, but we stopped for a number of reasons. Marking a good port to shelter in would seem likely, but I also know they were trying to cull favor with some of the more powerful pirate groups in the area. We would sometimes meet with others ships at some points, some we would avoid if we saw another ship there, and occasionally they would go onto shore for a while. Sometimes they would come back with minor goods, fruits, fresh water, and similar, sometimes they wouldn't have anything." The dwarf woman offers when asked.
    "Who were these trusted crew?"

  16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Going over the other maps and talking with the more helpful and experienced of the crew combined with your own knowledge of the areas you get a better idea of the region. Some of the places were marked on the map and you filled them in with names where it wasn't before. Although there are still unknown marks*. The captain didn't appear to be big on notes. You get a pretty good overview of
    The Shackles, The Sodden Lands, and Mediogalti Islands. There was also a recounting of the bay they found at the island marked Giants, in that it looked like a good harbor and they spent some time in it, but some giants showed up and they left in a hurry. He probably marked it off after deciding it wasn't worth the risk.

    The crew that went on the excursions was the human, that has been causing issues, the half-orc couple, and the female halfling.

    Spoiler: maps
    Show






    *the marks on other maps I'll do when we get to a point where it might matter.
    You can continue to check with the crew or head to the next morning.

  17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    As the night progresses the storm subsides and with the ship secured you and the crew tries to get what rest you can before the day starts. As the sun starts to rise and light starts to break the horizon Olivia and Araidne are getting breakfast and Bodaku is sleeping in the officers' cabins. You hear one of the crew members on deck start to tell "So creatures are coming out of the treeline and heading this way!" The yelling wakes Bodaku and Olivia and Ariadne make their way to the deck and you see the creatures swimming towards to boat. They seem to be at home in the water and are have made a good distance towards the boat in the time it took you to get to respond.

    Spoiler: creatures
    Show


    Spoiler: map
    Show


    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Creatures initiative
    (1d20-1)[11]

    Knowledge (local) DC 7 to identify, 12+ to know more about them

    It is really hard to get things at a good scale and have range. I'll zoom in as things get closer. I hope you can see everyone, there is a red, green, and blue creature.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-05-31 at 03:13 AM.

  18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    To the crew Bodaku shouts, "All hands make ready for... something. Grab weapons just in case. If anyone knows about these things, now would be the time to speak up." To the strange frog people he calls out to them in all of the languages he knows (common, druidic elven, and aquan) "Hail. If ye friends hold fast and turn back to land. We will meet you there. If you're enemies, I'll roast your legs and eat them with garlic butter."

    Edited to include roll
    [roll]1d20+1[/roll]
    Last edited by optimumsquare; 2019-05-31 at 03:24 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Olivia grabs her sword in PH and pistol in OH, and makes her way to the edge of the ship looking out towards the approaching enemy, taking aim at the closest of them waiting for it to come in range of her pistol. Yelling at the crew Rally Rally Rally TO ARMS!
    Last edited by samduke; 2019-05-31 at 07:00 PM.

  20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne calls out, "Take up your fishing spears and group up, support each other to present a threat they don't want to get close to, and give them reason to cluster together when they approach. I'll have a surprise waiting for them when they board."

    The sea witch takes up the old captain's musket unless she knows another in the crew is a better shot, and begins firing as the creatures make their approach.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ariadne did not officially claim the musket, but neither did anyone else, so I'm assuming its just part of the ship arsenal for now. If someone else is better off shooting the musket, the following attacks are made with her pistol instead. Ariadne will keep firing as they approach, then shift to other tactics once they are about to actually board.
    Attack (1d20+4)[22] vs touch AC if close enough.
    damage (1d8)[8]
    Attack (1d20+4)[13]
    damage (1d8)[3]
    Attack (1d20+4)[20]
    damage (1d8)[1]
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    These creatures seem to be at home in the water and are moving as fast in the water as you think you could run. Ariadne and Olivia both go to the rails and take shots at the creatures as are coming in and both find their marks sending blood trailing in the water behind.

    Shaddup follows Bodaku out of the cabins as he moves forward yelling at the creatures. They don't acknowledge anything he said, whether they didn't care or don't understand is unknown.

    The way they raced straight for the ship and trying to use the edge for cover, you get the sense that raiding ships is not new to them.

    The crew on deck pull their weapons and tepidly move into the center of the main deck. The crew that were awake but below deck start to come out to see what is happening.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    They can "run" in water, if that isn't clear.

    The red one never gets within 30ft of Olivia as it was heading towards the rear, you would have hit it at 30-60ft increment though, or you could have fired at the green one, which would have been the closest. You can decide.
    Ariadne's shot was at the green one. 5ft at shoot would mean you would be half way through reloading the musket with that turn, you can either finish reloading (as a move action into next turn) and fire again or do something else with your next turn.

    The enemy has just moved this turn


    Spoiler: map
    Show


  22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Bodaku is going to ready an action. He will fire water jet as soon as one tries to come over the side, with the goal being that if he hits it and knocks it prone, it will fall back in the water.

  23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne reloads and fires the musket one last time before handing it off to one of the crew. A bit of wispy Shadow coils around her arm as she prepares to cast a spell.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne finishes reloading the musket, leans over the rail, and fires at the boggard closest to her in the water. The shot finds its mark. She then tosses the musket to the nearest crew member.

    Mere moments later you hear clicking at the back of the ship and two clunks as grappling hooks fly up from the water and catch on the rails. The clicking at the back of the ship is very quickly moving up the side and then suddenly the frog like creature is flying through the air and over the rail. But before it can hit the deck Olivia shoots it with a solid shot to the chest. It lands for just long enough for Bodaku to finish his spell and shoot a jet of water at it. It smashes against the rail and slumps to the ground.

    As soon as the grappling hooks had landed the ropes went taut and the heavy fall of the brutish creatures feet hitting the side of the ship. While you can't see them quite yet, you think they are very close to the top.

    Spoiler: map
    Show

  25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    *round 3?
    Watching the creature slump over olivia turns her attention to the would be boarders and heads back to confront the climbing threat
    Move 25ft to (BZ-40) hold action for the "Blue" to come over the rail and fire her third shot
    *Held Action
    Ranged touch attack 30ft (1d20+6)[21] ; confirm crit:(1d20+6)[12] ; Damage (1d8+3)[5]

  26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jul 2014

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Ariadne finishes casting her spell, leans over the railing again, and a stream of spiders issues from her mouth directly on top of the amphibian she had just shot.

    Spitting out a few last insects as she backs away from the rail, she retreats to where the crew are assembled, "Try to get the last two to bunch up, with none of us in between them."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Vomit swarm spell, as before, don't forget the two saves versus Poison and distraction. Rolling damage for the Swarm
    (1d6)[5]
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

  27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    With the goal of corralling the creatures towards Adriane, Bodaku summons his trade mark eagle (he only has level one spell slots left) to cell 40, BY and directs Shaddup to cell 40, BZ. They will both attack blue.

    Spoiler: rolls
    Show

    Eagle attack
    Bite attack (1d20+3)[5]
    Bite Damage (1d4)[4]
    Talon 1 attack (1d20+3)[18]
    Talon 1 Damage (1d4)[4]
    Talon 2 attack (1d20+3)[12]
    Talon 2 Damage (1d4)[2]

    Shaddup
    Bite attack (1d20+1)[16]
    Bite Damage (1d4)[4]

  28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Erloas's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    The spiders from Ariadne swarm the creature biting at it, while it seems to ignore some of the effects of the bits and leaps up onto the deck of the ship, it spends precious moments shacking and knocking the spiders from itself.
    The eagle and Shaddup swarm the other creature while it is hanging from the side of the ship, manging to tear into it in some cases but others not getting through it's tough hide. It also leaps up onto the deck, almost landing on Olivia as it does. Olivia does manage to catch it with a shot as it is coming over. Once it lands it takes a swing at Olivia with it's crude looking but effective weapon.

    More of the crew from below deck come out and surround Ariadne, since she is the closest to them.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    So Bodaku sent the eagle to the same cell as Olivia, since Olivia was there first, and the creature was still below the edge, I moved them to the side of the boat so they could make their attacks. Being that they can fly there is no issue with them being outside.
    Also both did jump up, in the OOC post I was thinking distraction would stop jumping up, but it still allows a move action, so move the creature did.


    creature's attack vs Olivia
    (1d20+5)[24] standard AC attack
    damage
    (1d8+3)[11]

    crew damage vs green
    (1d3)[3] (Not all of the crew are out and ready yet, so not full damage)



    Spoiler: Map
    Show

  29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    PirateWench

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    Olivia taking a blow staggers slightly then moves away from the enemy and casts
    *round 4 action
    take a 5ft step away from blue
    put gun in belt
    Cast defensively
    Cure Light Wounds (1d8+3)[5]

  30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground
     
    HalfOrcPirate

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    U.S. For real, all of it

    Default Re: [IC]Adventures on the Inner Sea[PF]

    With both hands, Bodaku takes a swing at the monster. Both birds will swarm the creature.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show

    Bodauk moves to BZ, 41 and attacks
    (1d20+1)[13]
    (1d8-1)[6]

    Shaddup, ft free step to BZ, 40 full attack (I think this is vacant after Samduke's turn, but if not, let me know)
    Bite (1d20+1)[2]
    Bite (1d4)[4]
    Claw 1 (1d20+1)[4]
    Claw 1 (1d4)[3]
    Claw 2 (1d20+1)[18]
    Claw 2 (1d4)[4]

    Eagle Full attack
    Bite (1d20+3)[22]
    Bite (1d4)[1]
    Claw 1 (1d20+3)[7]
    Claw 1 (1d4)[2]
    Claw 2 (1d20+3)[22]
    Claw 2 (1d4)[2]

    Last edited by optimumsquare; 2019-06-10 at 12:37 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •