New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    ...And today I learned that they did a 3D animation for that one. I think the lyrics are a bit different though.

Also can you elaborate on "fanon Samus"?
    Basically exaggerating some of the sillier aspects of her backstory. Like strange habits from being raised by birds, or what she does for fun.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *I cannot base my characters on Starbomb songs.
    What have you done?! I must now play a stupid Paladin with a whip and no wisdom nor intelligence.

** I cannot sigh at the DM in return when he refers to my paladin's heritage as "from that ingrate family".
    *** Doubly cannot link his poor mental stats to "keeping the bloodline clean" and the family tree basically a line.
    Last edited by Spore; 2020-11-19 at 12:02 AM.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    *** Doubly cannot link his poor mental stats to "keeping the bloodline clean" and the family tree basically a line.
    **** Even if I only have 2 unique ancestors in each of the last 5 generations, I cannot challenge Pelor for his portfolio.
    ***** No, incest and murder do not solve all problems.
    ****** A massive pile of gold can solve lots of things, that is why we are being offered one to solve the problem.
    ******* If my in-laws, brides, and children start mysteriously dying so I inherit lands and titles, rulers will be less likely to allow me to marry their offspring.
    ******** The magic axe does not have a distinct purple sheen.
    ********* Declaring a holy war against the followers of Pelor is not a good way to get the followers of Pelor to put together massive piles of wealth to support your war effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

4. - Top - End - #994
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    **** Even if I only have 2 unique ancestors in each of the last 5 generations, I cannot challenge Pelor for his portfolio.
    ****** A massive pile of gold can solve lots of things, that is why we are being offered one to solve the problem.
    ******* If my in-laws, brides, and children start mysteriously dying so I inherit lands and titles, rulers will be less likely to allow me to marry their offspring.
    ********* Declaring a holy war against the followers of Pelor is not a good way to get the followers of Pelor to put together massive piles of wealth to support your war effort.
    ...Purple sheen?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

5. - Top - End - #995

...Purple sheen?
    Yep, "purple sheen". That was a list of CK2-memes that popped into my head when I read about linear family trees. The other option was referencing Edgar Allen Poe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

6. - Top - End - #996
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    ****** I can not insist the reason why incest and murder does not solves all the problems is that the true solution for all the problems is violence.
    Last edited by noob; 2020-11-20 at 10:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ettin in the Playground

* I am not allowed to illustrate the terrible danger a PC is in by picking up the cat, putting it's rear within 2 inches of the mini, and saying "Fart, kitty, fart."

** I am not allowed to make it work better next week because I know what brand of gooshey food gives the cat gas.

8. - Top - End - #998
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    * I am not allowed to illustrate the terrible danger a PC is in by picking up the cat, putting it's rear within 2 inches of the mini, and saying "Fart, kitty, fart."

** I am not allowed to make it work better next week because I know what brand of gooshey food gives the cat gas.
    Oh my god. Is this hypothetical or not?

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

9. - Top - End - #999
    Colossus in the Playground

When doing battle with beings from Lawful Neutral planes, when being forced to retreat we are not to sing "I fought the law and the law won."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #1000
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh my god. Is this hypothetical or not?
    Well the offer to take the character sheet of Mr. I'm-so-lol-random-I-cast-fireball-when-I'm-bored and give the sheet, some crayons, and a pudding cup to a 2 year old was at least sort of hypothetical.

11. - Top - End - #1001
    Bugbear in the Playground

* My ukulele has no place at the gaming table.
    ** Even if my character has ranks in Perform.
    *** Especially if my character has ranks in Perform.
    **** This applies doubly if it's a terrible-quality ukulele, I've only been playing it for two weeks, and I can't stop fidgeting with it.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

12. - Top - End - #1002

I am not to voice random NPCs in my best Salad Fingers impersonation solely for the sake of seeing who gets uncomfortable.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1003
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Yes, Zariel is canon.
    **No, this does not mean that for factual accuracy you must amend the saying to "Hell hath exactly one fury that is something akin to a woman scorned."
    ***No, error bars will not help you.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

14. - Top - End - #1004
    Titan in the Playground

I am not to voice random NPCs in my best Salad Fingers impersonation solely for the sake of seeing who gets uncomfortable.
    I may not slowly introduce Hubert Cumberdale, Marjory Stewart-Baxter, and Jeremy Fisher as random townsfolk, slowly drifting away from the actual story focussing on random details like a rusty nail standing off of the town sign.
    I doubly may not hint at all of Saladfinger's friends being part of some Old God cult.
    Insight rolls may not reveal individual NPC's overall taste.

15. - Top - End - #1005
    Ettin in the Playground

* In addition to DwarfFortress I am no longer allowed to base characters off of anything resembling Progress Quest, Kingdom of Loathing, or any of those "weird foreign art films" that I like.

** I am no longer allowed to play any sort of scientist/engineet unless the setting is supposed to be demolished, nuked, wrecked, inverted, unraveled, or otherwise done in, within the first 10 game sessions.

*** Not allowed to do anything that requires calculating lunar eclipse shadows and attack rolls against everything on a planet's hemisphere that is detectible from orbit.

16. - Top - End - #1006

HalflingRogueGirl

*I may not claim to have the sharpest eyes in all the land with a -5 to my perception related skills.
    **Even if I have exclusively rolled maximum successes for them in the last 3 session
    ***Especially if my prowess is due to dumb luck rather than any real ability.
    ****I may, however, lay claim to a near-magical aptitude for dumb luck and artificial contrivance
    *****This does not make my PC the main character and the other PCs the supporting cast.
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    are you asking us to do research into a setting you wrote yourself?

17. - Top - End - #1007

Quote Originally Posted by Hellpyre View Post
    *I may not claim to have the sharpest eyes in all the land with a -5 to my perception related skills.
    *A character who has no eyes can't claim to have the sharpest eyes in the land by having a pair of custom made +5 feycraft pureore orethblood/pureore Mythril keen vorpal daggers of greater wounding designed specifically to slide in snuggly to their empty eyesockets and be held in place with straps.
    **Not even if he names them The Left and Right Eye of *Name*

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground

*A character who has no eyes can't claim to have the sharpest eyes in the land by having a pair of custom made +5 feycraft pureore orethblood/pureore Mythril keen vorpal daggers of greater wounding designed specifically to slide in snuggly to their empty eyesockets and be held in place with straps.
    ***Suggesting they are artifacts that only work if you stick them in your eyesockets is right out.
    ****Vecna just filed a cease-and-desist.

Extended sig here.

19. - Top - End - #1009
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*May not create a huge clan of near-identical characters so as to have backups when one dies.
    **They may not be the Clan Redshirt.
    ***The pool of Redshirts may not all have the same first name “Glenn.”
    ****To distinguish among the numerous Glenns, they may not all have middle names like Livet, Fiddich, Morangie, etc., etc.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ettin in the Playground

* I may no longer take the DM at their word if they say things like "fluff is mutable" or "you can change anything as long as it doesn't affect mechanics". They really mean I can just change some colors and add/subtract facial hair.
    ** I may not refluff a 7' 6" tall goliath into a 2' spider-baby with 4' long limbs.
    *** I may not swap the druid fluff with the warlock fluff.
    **** I may not re-fluff wildshape as spontaneous spider-baby mutations.
    ***** The druid metal armor thing is not fluff even if it is in the fluff description and has no mechanical effects.
    ****** "Druids" using shields cold hammered out of naturally occurring copper nuggets is not allowed.
    ******* Murdering a tribe of tortles to make shell plate armor is kosher.
    ******** The "druid" may wear thirty pounds of clothing woven from copper wire extracted from malachite via sulfuric acid as long as it doesn't provide AC bonuses.

21. - Top - End - #1011
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    * I may no longer take the DM at their word if they say things like "fluff is mutable" or "you can change anything as long as it doesn't affect mechanics". They really mean I can just change some colors and add/subtract facial hair.
    ** I may not refluff a 7' 6" tall goliath into a 2' spider-baby with 4' long limbs.
    *** I may not swap the druid fluff with the warlock fluff.
    **** I may not re-fluff wildshape as spontaneous spider-baby mutations.
    ***** The druid metal armor thing is not fluff even if it is in the fluff description and has no mechanical effects.
    ****** "Druids" using shields cold hammered out of naturally occurring copper nuggets is not allowed.
    ******* Murdering a tribe of tortles to make shell plate armor is kosher.
    ******** The "druid" may wear thirty pounds of clothing woven from copper wire extracted from malachite via sulfuric acid as long as it doesn't provide AC bonuses.
    In 3.5e at least there are specific examples of metal armors being able to be used by druids but I’m guessing there’s no such thing in 5e?

Extended sig here.

22. - Top - End - #1012

Quote Originally Posted by Hellpyre View Post
    **Even if I have exclusively rolled maximum successes for them in the last 3 session
    ***Especially if my prowess is due to dumb luck rather than any real ability.
    ****I may, however, lay claim to a near-magical aptitude for dumb luck and artificial contrivance
    *****This does not make my PC the main character and the other PCs the supporting cast.
    ***Suggesting they are artifacts that only work if you stick them in your eyesockets is right out.
    ****Vecna just filed a cease-and-desist.
    This has never been an issue for the Steel Inquisitors:
    Spoiler:
    Show

In 3.5e at least there are specific examples of metal armors being able to be used by druids but I’m guessing there’s no such thing in 5e?
    All it has is the words "Druids will not wear armor or shields made of metal" in the section on armor proficiency. It is pretty much left up to DMs how they want to enforce that.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

23. - Top - End - #1013

A faction of grey Jedi that consists entirely of female humanoids in a mostly non-hierarchal polyamorous relationship using their bonds with each other to power their connection to the force will always be dismissed as "lesbian space hippies," no matter how you present them.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #1014
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile on the grimdark end of the space fantasy spectrum....

* My astropath may not claim that they're the closest thing most people will ever get to meeting the actual God-Emperor and act like she is a holy being that everyone should worship
    ** If she is technically correct about the first part, given that she has a shard of the emperor's very soul inside of her
    *** "Hey girl, want to get it on with a literal shard of divinity" is not a good pickup line.
    **** trying to convert Slaanesh to pure lesbianism to get rid of their cruelty is not a good plan.
    *****especially when the Ecclesiarchy is always watchful for Slaaneshi heresy

* May not claim the God-Emperor's true gender is nonbinary and refer to them as Emperor/Empress interchangeably.
    ** the God-Emperor is not an androgynous being who decided to go with "Emperor of Mankind" for convenience.
    *** "Emperoress of Humankind" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

* Khorne and his worshippers are not destroyed as if by holy power by hugging them and reciting lines from any of the following: My Little Pony, Steven Universe, Undertale, Naruto, Trigun, Pokemon....
    ** Nurgle is not destroyed by spraying hand sanitizer while chanting "wash your hands, brush your teeth, take a shower!" repeatedly
    *** Tzeentch is not destroyed by presenting a football in front of him and talking about the latest sports.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

25. - Top - End - #1015

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    * Khorne and his worshippers are not destroyed as if by holy power by hugging them and reciting lines from any of the following: My Little Pony, Steven Universe, Undertale, Naruto, Trigun, Pokemon....
    Don't forget the Care Bears

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    ** Nurgle is not destroyed by spraying hand sanitizer while chanting "wash your hands, brush your teeth, take a shower!" repeatedly
    Or by wearing a cloth mask
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

26. - Top - End - #1016
    Troll in the Playground

* If your level 3 rogue ends up fighting the boss that was created for the whole party to ambush later on her own, with no weapons, that's on you.

(don't worry, she lived)
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

27. - Top - End - #1017
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

*If my character doesn't have a positive CHA bonus, he probably shouldn't be the party face.
    **Especially since the other party members are a Paladin, a Bard and a Marshal of all things.

*No supersonic bombers.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

28. - Top - End - #1018
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    *If my character doesn't have a positive CHA bonus, he probably shouldn't be the party face.
    **Especially since the other party members are a Paladin, a Bard and a Marshal of all things.

*No supersonic bombers.
    To quote Mr. Welch:

#1047. If my troll is the smartest character in the party, the entire party is vetoed.

Extended sig here.

29. - Top - End - #1019
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post

*No supersonic bombers.
    It is a well known thing: player charisma have more influence on diplomacy checks than character charisma.

30. - Top - End - #1020
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    It is a well known thing: player charisma have more influence on diplomacy checks than character charisma.
    The point was that the character wasn't specialized for being a face, and the others, well, those classes are a bit more suited for the role.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?