New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

*When an Eldritch Abomination takes over the Shadowfell, people are going to notice the Stranger Things ripoff.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

* May not award XP for working out how little sense my technobabble makes.

* 'The love child of Dante Spada, Bayonetta, and Kratos' is not a valid character concept.
    ** No, not even in Mutants & Masterminds.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

* May no longer shove my entire tiny goblin fist into the cleric's mouth so he can't cast spells.

* Definitely can't attempt to bodyslam the same prone cleric through the weak floor of a decaying tavern. This did not end well for our fighter.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

*when 4/5 party members have dark vision it’s not nice to the human to have the party hold a vote every time he asks for light.

**its also not nice to convince him he can just learn dark vision if he just tries really really hard to give up light

* not allowed to assume a prisoner in an empty dungeon is a trap, even if it was last time

** it wasn’t that kind of trap, it was an illusion spell and bluffing

*** detect traps is not a social skill
    Last edited by PastorofMuppets; 2018-11-21 at 10:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

*Having a well-optimized character is fine. Wiping out most encounters in the first round is not.

**Wiping most of them out in the surprise round is obviously not better.

***Ending encounters before rolling initiative is flat out.
    Last edited by danielxcutter; 2018-11-22 at 02:08 AM.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

* I am not allowed to abuse the exponential progression of Multiple Minions on the Summon power to just bury supervillains under 73 quintillion 15 PP ninjas.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    * I am not allowed to abuse the exponential progression of Multiple Minions on the Summon power to just bury supervillains under 73 quintillion 15 PP ninjas.
    **it is forbidden to make those ninjas use damage rank 15 attacks that have -500 to the attack roll and have the critical range increased to the maximum for abusing the hitting on critical rule and then have 14 points left for stealth, concealment and other stuff like that.
    Last edited by noob; 2018-11-22 at 06:53 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*May not use a trap which consists of a door that’s heavily-barred, boarded up, and nailed shut from the outside, with a large engraved brass sign saying “Do Not Open Under Any Circumstances—No, Not Even Then, I’m Serious, Do Not Open This F#%^ing Door You Suicidally-Inquisitive Fool,” with opening said door resulting in simultaneous castings of Hunger of Hadar, Evard’s Black Tentacles, Sleet Storm, and Weird centered on the doorway that last until the door is shut again.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2018-11-22 at 09:30 AM.
    Show

- If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    *May not use a trap which consists of a door that’s heavily-barred, boarded up, and nailed shut from the outside, with a large engraved brass sign saying “Do Not Open Under Any Circumstances—No, Not Even Then, I’m Serious, Do Not Open This F#%^ing Door You Suicidally-Inquisitive Fool,” with opening said door resulting in simultaneous castings of Hunger of Hadar, Evard’s Black Tentacles, Sleet Storm, and Weird centered on the doorway that last until the door is shut again.
    ...That sounds oddly specific.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

10. - Top - End - #40

Yeah, don't do that again.

Next time do all that and then make it a secret door. So they feel clever finding the latch.
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheYell View Post
    Yeah, don't do that again.

Next time do all that and then make it a secret door. So they feel clever finding the latch.
    * May no longer make secret doors that can be found on a roll of a natural one.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*If I do use the above trap, the sign may not change to say “I Warned You” after the door is finally shut again.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

*If I do use the above trap, the sign may not change to say “I Warned You” after the door is finally shut again.
    ** May not attack the sign under the assumption that it's a mimic.

Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    **it is forbidden to make those ninjas use damage rank 15 attacks that have -500 to the attack roll and have the critical range increased to the maximum for abusing the hitting on critical rule and then have 14 points left for stealth, concealment and other stuff like that.
    Actually attacking isn't even a consideration; simply calling 73 quintillion ninjas into existence is a global catastrophe of apocalyptic proportions. If you assume they mass 75kg each, that's roughly a third the mass of Pluto.

I think this falls under my earlier "I am not allowed to apply physics to superpowers."
    Play your character, not your alignment.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    ** May not attack the sign under the assumption that it's a mimic.
    ***May not actually make it a mimic, but an intelligent and non-agressive one, and have it respond by changing to read “Ouch! What’d you do that for?!”
    Show

Gnomish proverb

16. - Top - End - #46
    Barbarian in the Playground

***May not actually make it a mimic, but an intelligent and non-agressive one, and have it respond by changing to read “Ouch! What’d you do that for?!”
    ****There are no pacifist introverted mimics
    *****There are DEFINITELY no snarky introverted pacifist mimics
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    ****There are no pacifist introverted mimics
    *****There are DEFINITELY no snarky introverted pacifist mimics
    Does this have anything to do with Mimic from Rusty and Co. or is this just a funny idea?

Extended sig here.

18. - Top - End - #48

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Does this have anything to do with Mimic from Rusty and Co. or is this just a funny idea?
    The latter
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*Gazebo-shaped Mimics are bad form.
    **So was that pun.

*Forbidden from making characters based around puns, such as the Franciscan from Paris—a French Friar.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2018-11-23 at 12:49 PM.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

*Gazebo-shaped Mimics are bad form.
    **So was that pun.

*Forbidden from making characters based around puns, such as the Franciscan from Paris—a French Friar.
    *takes two seconds to get it* Oh.

Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    Actually attacking isn't even a consideration; simply calling 73 quintillion ninjas into existence is a global catastrophe of apocalyptic proportions. If you assume they mass 75kg each, that's roughly a third the mass of Pluto.

I think this falls under my earlier "I am not allowed to apply physics to superpowers."
    Do not forget if the damage rank equivalent of the fall of your creatures would go over your pl cap then you are not allowed to take that skill since it goes over the pl.
    I just assumed you used ninjas with the same weight as air.
    Last edited by noob; 2018-11-24 at 01:26 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Colossus in the Playground

*I may not abuse artificial aging and cloning magitek to spend a month to replicate a millennium of controlled breeding of trolls to create and invncible Super-Troll(Start with a War Troll, let it breath water and have 40ft swim speed without losing regen out of water, then apply the half troll ,half-ogre, and paragon templates to it, half-ogre refluffed.)
    **I can not then deliberatly allow four mating pairs to be infected with the Dire-Bear strain of therianthropy and repeat the experiment until I have A Super-Troll that is also a Natural Fully Advanced Dire Horrid Magebred War Were Bear.
    ***I can't then infuse my perfect creation with the properties of undeath to create a Gheddon, then deck it out with magic items that make it immune to turning
    ***the GM wants to know how the hell I intend to surgically implant my phylactery into a creature that's for all intents and purposes immune to damage.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *I may not abuse artificial aging and cloning magitek to spend a month to replicate a millennium of controlled breeding of trolls to create and invncible Super-Troll(Start with a War Troll, let it breath water and have 40ft swim speed without losing regen out of water, then apply the half troll ,half-ogre, and paragon templates to it, half-ogre refluffed.)
    **I can not then deliberatly allow four mating pairs to be infected with the Dire-Bear strain of therianthropy and repeat the experiment until I have A Super-Troll that is also a Natural Fully Advanced Dire Horrid Magebred War Were Bear.
    ***I can't then infuse my perfect creation with the properties of undeath to create a Gheddon, then deck it out with magic items that make it immune to turning
    ***the GM wants to know how the hell I intend to surgically implant my phylactery into a creature that's for all intents and purposes immune to damage.
    ****may not figure out how to teleport phylactery into said creature

* May not become a wizard just to summon sexy ladies from other planes
    ** may not ask my own summons out on dates
    *** my character's main goal in life cannot be to summon a succubus, win her love and teach her to be good
    **** nor can it to be summon an angel and teach her how to have a good time, "if you know what I mean."
    ***** cannot gather planar harem that just so happens to help me adventure and fight stuff on the side.
    ****** no more planar harem summoner!
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #54

****may not figure out how to teleport phylactery into said creature

* May not become a wizard just to summon sexy ladies from other planes
    ** may not ask my own summons out on dates
    *** my character's main goal in life cannot be to summon a succubus, win her love and teach her to be good
    **** nor can it to be summon an angel and teach her how to have a good time, "if you know what I mean."
    ***** cannot gather planar harem that just so happens to help me adventure and fight stuff on the side.
    ****** no more planar harem summoner!
    Charlie, is that you?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

*I may not use this in my campaign against non-epic players.

**Or these.

For the record, the campaign they were used in - not mine, I just read the campaign journals - not only had a multiple lives system similar to Dark Souls, but also had some of the most ridiculously optimized PCs I've ever seen. A Cleric with Divine Metamagic: Persistent, a Sorcerer/Pact Adept/Fatespinner with custom pacts, a Ranger/Deepwood Sniper/Fighter with his favored enemies being the major theme for the campaign, and not even one but two Frenzied Berserkers.

So yeah.

Extended sig here.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

I am it allowed to play a necromancer pirate anymore, I told the dm I had a “skeleton crew” for my ship and he complete misunderstood me.

Nobody is allowed to play a sun soul monk if they ever mention the words: power lever, final form, sayin, or if they refer to teleporting as instant transmission.

Playing a short tempered glass walker ragabash Métis who is addicted to Métis social justice and all his various media accounts. (Made as a joke because I have zero social media accounts, and care nothing about social justice)

In an immortal game highlander style, no, I can’t have a favored weapon of pepper spray and a taser.

In shadowrun I can not take odd pop culture knowledge.
    3rd edition I had some points left at character creation, so I took 4 points in “20th century gaming knowledge, with a specialty in dnd.” The dm never really cared until we had a meeting in a boardroom with a guy who introduced himself as “Lord Strahd” to which I rolled like 8 dice and jumped up and yelled, “That guy is a freaking Vampire!” The dm got very angry...

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

* No longer allowed access to terrain altering magics, such as Anima's Path of Earth.
    * Even though the GM put us in a city with an unnaturally deep chasm in front of it and a heavy bridge over it as the only way in, i am apparently not supposed to destroy the bridge to solve the problem.
    * Or perhaps i was not supposed to destroy the bridge with the enemy's immortal god king was on it.
    * Or maybe it was the way i let the allied army and the rest of my party engage the god king and realize they were fighting a losing battle before i got involved.
    * Or maybe it was the holding up my hand after the retreat and asking if i could "do the thing now?"
    * Mentioning that i only had that spell because he banned my first two Path choices is bad form.
    * In retrospect, i may have stolen an NPC's moment of glory again...

28. - Top - End - #58

Sounds like a time to play Slim Pickens riding the bomb down to Laputa!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3edi2Wkr5YI
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

* Page three of the module is not the correct time to create an illusion of a well endowed woman.

Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Halfling in the Playground

*I may no longer use a sled to get down the really long set of stairs.
    **If I do use a sled I can't use grease to move faster.
    ***No matter how many wooden stops you put in front of the sled you are still going to take damage.
    ****Especially if you sledded ~1000ft in 12 seconds.