New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I may not depict The Unconquered Sun as All-Might.
    Isn’t that level of power standard issue for Exalted or something?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

That... works better than it should

3. - Top - End - #843
    Titan in the Playground

*Depicting Malfeas as green nuclear Karkat has been banned for years
    ** depicting Isidiros as Kamina is similarly out
    *** Ebon Dragon as Snidely Whiplash is exactly what everyone has been fighting to get rid of don't resurrect this
    **** Autochthon is not Wheatley from Portal 2
    ***** Oramus is not the Doctor and Master combined except somehow even more insane
    ****** Nor does Oramus exist in all Exalted shards simultaneously as a single entity and get his realities mixed up when talking to people
    ******* His Divine Lunar Presence and the Scarlet Empress cannot try to have a rivalry over who can empire build and rule better only to fall in love with each other instead
    ******** Depicting a Fire Aspect Dynast as Zuko is fine, depicting Aang as an Immaculate Air Monk is more questionable
    ********* Luna laughs at your pitiful attempts to define them by your limited mortal references.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

4. - Top - End - #844
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    ********* Luna laughs at your pitiful attempts to define them by your limited mortal references.
    Is that because all the blood is rushing to their head?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

5. - Top - End - #845
    Colossus in the Playground

*In a marvel superheroes game, Jean Grey's, Scott Summers's, Illyana Rasutins, and Franklin Richard's respective Symbiote Codices can not be used as substitutes for the Mind, Power, Soul, and collectively Space, Time, and Reality Stones when trying to make an infinity Gauntlet.
    **Dude, seriously. Franklin Richards is more powerful than the Gauntlet. If you get his Codex you don't need anything else.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Titan in the Playground

That was not a reference.

* The Sharingan is a powerful dojutsu capable of granting incredible power. I should not be using it become the best speedrunner in the world by doing everything frame-perfect.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Titan in the Playground

That was not a reference.

* The Sharingan is a powerful dojutsu capable of granting incredible power. I should not be using it become the best speedrunner in the world by doing everything frame-perfect.
    Do the letters “TAS” mean anything to you? I imagine these would be less of a strain on you than this Sharingan anyways...

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

8. - Top - End - #848
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Do the letters “TAS” mean anything to you? I imagine these would be less of a strain on you than this Sharingan anyways...
    Tool Assisted Speedrun? Easy enough to figure out. I'm not a speedrunner myself, I'm just making a joke about them.

* Cannot be so indecisive about my M&M character that I make a Mimic with Metamorph whose power is to parallel-universe-shapeshift into any character I've ever made

9. - Top - End - #849
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

* I'm not allowed to drink anything the captain of the cocaine-running pirate ship hands to me, no matter what my character flaws are.
    ** I can't try to argue with the DM if I accidentally drink something spiked with cocaine.
    *** Seriously, what do I think is going to be in the cup?!
    **** I'm not allowed to claim that whatever happens after drinking it is entirely the captain's fault.

* I do not spontaneously develop the Rage ability, no matter how badly the party damages my family's inn. If I want to multiclass Barbarian, I can, but not like that.
    ** I'm not allowed to make the party pay me for the damages to the inn. They pay the NPC owner.
    Quotes from my adventuring party:
    "They're not really innards anymore. They're out-ards."
    "Your lower back burns from the death glare of a dwarf."
    "What's Thor gonna do, zap me?"
    "Is it drugs?"
    "I set my weapons on the ground." "Do you set your brain down, too?"

10. - Top - End - #850

*weaponizing the shrieking of a little girl against someone with superhuman hearing was an incredibly cruel thing to do.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Titan in the Playground

* There should be at least one party member without an animal companion.
    ** The animal sidekicks should not outnumber the party members.
    *** We are expected to coordinate on the environment we operate in.

(From pre-session 0 we have: an owl, a reindeer, a mouse/squirrel, and an otter)
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

*I am to stop murdering the party wizard in his sleep. Even if he was practically asking for it.
    ** I am not to murder the party wizard, even if he was literally asking for it.
    ***No, the fact that this is the same wizard doesn't help matters.
    **** I am not to use the wizard's corpses as building materials, siege weapon ammunition, improvised weaponry, emergency rations, a distraction, blackmail, bait, or anything else the DM has't thought of.
    *****The correct way to advance the plot is not 'Kill the wizard again.' Even with all evidence pointing to the contrary.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

13. - Top - End - #853
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    *****The correct way to advance the plot is not 'Kill the wizard again.' Even with all evidence pointing to the contrary.
    ******The fact that we leveled up every time the fighter died is not a valid in character motivation to kill him.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

14. - Top - End - #854
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    ******The fact that we leveled up every time the fighter died is not a valid in character motivation to kill him.
    Of course not. It was always the fighter's heroic sacrifices that got you those level ups

And on the topic of Fighters:
    *My pure-classed Fighter shouldn't be able to outperform the party rogue in stealth.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

15. - Top - End - #855
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post

And on the topic of Fighters:
    *My pure-classed Fighter shouldn't be able to outperform the party rogue in stealth.
    **Especially if they are wearing full plate armor at the time.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

16. - Top - End - #856
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    **Especially if they are wearing full plate armor at the time.
    ***It was especially bad since my rogue had expertise in stealth and an 18 in dex. Luckily I don't always roll a 3 or a 4, just often.

17. - Top - End - #857
    Orc in the Playground

***It was especially bad since my rogue had expertise in stealth and an 18 in dex. Luckily I don't always roll a 3 or a 4, just often.
    ****May not smugly mock the fighter's stealth checks as revenge once I hit level 11 and get reliable talent.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

18. - Top - End - #858

* I may no longer point out to the DM that a Cloak of the Manta Ray (Water Breathing, Swim Speed of 60 ft.) was one of the first pieces of treasure he ever handed out to this character when he starts making open plans to drown my full-plate-wearing fighter.
    ** Nor may one of the other PCs point out that the DM has been fairly unsubtle about their plans to try and drown the party, and thus they had prepared waterbreathing ages ago.
    *** Stop spoiling the DMs fun, dangit!

19. - Top - End - #859

*When hired to bake the cakes for the wedding of the goblin queen and the Prince of the kingdom of elves, I should bake something other than a cherpumple.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Titan in the Playground

*When hired to bake the cakes for the wedding of the goblin queen and the Prince of the kingdom of elves, I should bake something other than a cherpumple.
    ...A what?

Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #861

...A what?
    It's basically a cake made of pie.

the bottom layer is a spice cake with an apple pie baked into it.

The middle layer is yellow cake with a pumpkin pie.

The top is white cake with a cherry pie.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #862

That actually sounds pretty good, and I don't even like pumpkin pie.

* Even if the DM is telegraphing things a bit, by giving us what's essentially the local Drow's Excalibur/Lance of Longinus equivalent while we're trapped in the Underdark with no idea where we are, I am not allowed to phrase it as "If the Drow see us with this, they won't kill us."

23. - Top - End - #863
    Ettin in the Playground

* Yes, Master Crafted items cost double the base requisition cost.
    ** True, Power Armor has no requisition cost for Space Marines.
    *** I may not abuse these two facts to take Master Crafted Power Armor on every mission for no requisition cost (once I have sufficient Renown for Master-Crafted gear)
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

24. - Top - End - #864
    Orc in the Playground

*The party of Vedalken bards is not be be called "The Blue Man Group."

25. - Top - End - #865
    Ettin in the Playground

*The party of Vedalken bards is not be be called "The Blue Man Group."
    ** The blues brothers is not fine either even if they are brothers.
    Last edited by noob; 2020-09-14 at 02:32 PM.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    ** The blues brothers is not fine either even if they are brothers.
    *** Their signature song is not Blue (da be dee)
    **** Nor is it Mr. Blue, Mr Blue Sky or Fuzzy and Blue, or any other variation of this theme.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Orc in the Playground

*** Their signature song is not Blue (da be dee)
    **** Nor is it Mr. Blue, Mr Blue Sky or Fuzzy and Blue, or any other variation of this theme.
    *****My Vedalken barbarian doesn't have to rage every time they eat a plate of cookies.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Titan in the Playground

...What the hecc is a Veldalken?

Extended sig here.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Ettin in the Playground

*****My Vedalken barbarian doesn't have to rage every time they eat a plate of cookies.
    ****** "C" is for Cookie is also not our theme song.
    ******* Neither is Healthy Foods.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

30. - Top - End - #870
    Barbarian in the Playground

...What the hecc is a Veldalken?
    It is a creature from the M:tG multiverse. They are a sapient race of blue humanoids, generally a bit taller and more elongated than humans, with an analytical bent. Some (but not all) have six fingers, and on at least one plane they have four arms and gills. They were created because Magic needed to replace merfolk with a race that could walk on land, but when Magic eventually reintroduced merfolk as triton-style belegged-fish-reminiscent-humanoids, vedalken had established themselves in the lore and stuck around. They jumped out of the cardboard and onto the character sheet when they became a PC race in the D&D/M:tG crossover setting book Guildmasters Guide to Ravnica.

*I may not go all Vorthos amongst members of the hobby who definitely don't know what a Vorthos is.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!