New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by Lvl 2 Expert View Post
    *** Their signature song is not Blue (da be dee)
    **** Nor is it Mr. Blue, Mr Blue Sky or Fuzzy and Blue, or any other variation of this theme.
    Is their battle cry still "Da ba de da ba DIE!"?
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

2. - Top - End - #872
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

*My character must be able to communicate with at least one other member of the party.
    **One-way telepathy is not enough, if my character still can't understand a response.
    ***There is no 'universal language of dance'.
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    are you asking us to do research into a setting you wrote yourself?

3. - Top - End - #873

Quote Originally Posted by Hellpyre View Post
    Of course there is. What did you think Common meant?
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

4. - Top - End - #874
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Of course there is. What did you think Common meant?
    You just earned yourself a laugh out loud sir.

*May not insist that "common" is actually more akin to Khoisan than English.
    **Even if it would make conversations much more interesting.
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Colossus in the Playground

I can't create a magic item that gives a permanent glibness effect for the sole sake of taking every opportunity to try and force a "steamed hams" reference.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #876

*The party may not have more pets than party members.
    **Even if three are robots and one is just a leg
    ***ESPECIALLY if two are robots and one is just a leg.
    ****Doubly so if only two of the six party members can cast Find Familiar and nobody uses any other summoning spells.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

7. - Top - End - #877

*There is no conceivable way that giving Darth Vader a Klyntar Symbiote would go well for anyone.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    You just earned yourself a laugh out loud sir.

*May not insist that "common" is actually more akin to Khoisan than English.
    **Even if it would make conversations much more interesting.
    ***Orc is still definitely German though.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ettin in the Playground

****Interpretive mime dance is a universal language. However it contains only three concepts that translate roughly as: a) "Look at me being silly!" b) "I am a pretentious snot." c) "I have made terrible lifestyle choices. Please kill me now."

*The DM must pre-approve all character names, backstories, alignments, and musical instrument proficencies.
    **The name Tolp Ethdna Selur Ehtpulf, backstories involving the consumption of demon hearts, alignments containing the words 'sadistic' 'psychotic' 'drug-addled' or 'dentist', and tuned blackpowder cannons... They're all on the "No" list now.
    ***My character's theme song cannot come from 'Little Shop of Horrors' or any production involving Vincent Price.

10. - Top - End - #880

HalflingRogueGirl

*If my character introduces himself as 'Lawkins P. Daud, Esquire' in a medieval European fantasy, the party should not immediately assume him to be a lawyer.
    **Even if he does have a nice briefcase.
    ***For goodness sake, the briefcase had a heartbeat. Why would you all assume the chair was a mimic, but not the breathing attaché case
    ****I may no longer start the game as a feeding lure for a mimic.
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

11. - Top - End - #881

*If my character introduces himself as 'Lawkins P. Daud, Esquire' in a medieval European fantasy, the party should not immediately assume him to be a lawyer.
    **Even if he does have a nice briefcase.
    ***For goodness sake, the briefcase had a heartbeat. Why would you all assume the chair was a mimic, but not the breathing attaché case
    ****I may no longer start the game as a feeding lure for a mimic.
    Is there a significance to the name?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #882

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Is there a significance to the name?
    It's mostly just the Esquire at the end. Pretty much everywhere but the US it denotes a certain level of social standing (and thus would be expected to in a psuedo-medieval European setting), but in the US it specifically is appended to people who have passed the bar. The rest was just suitably garish to work for the 'mimic feeding lure' gag that the rest of the party ignored to their peril.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

* If the rules don't specify otherwise I should assume that I begin with clothes.
    ** If the rules state that I must buy clothes if I want them then I am expected to buy them.
    *** The following species wear clothes: elves, orcs, dwarves, pre-medieval humans, trolls, and ratfolk.
    **** While technically fulfilling the plurality requirements, socks do not count as clothes for the purposes of this discussion.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2020-09-17 at 11:42 AM.

14. - Top - End - #884
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    **** While technically fulfilling the plurality requirements, socks do not count as clothes for the purposes of this discussion.
    ***** Nor does an ensemble of nothing but a Hawaiian shirt and a fedora.
    ****** Suspenders and a garter belt is out of the question.
    ******* Pants are required on both my character and my person.
    ******** I may wear pants as headwear, but I must also have them on my legs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    ***** Nor does an ensemble of nothing but a Hawaiian shirt and a fedora.
    ****** Suspenders and a garter belt is out of the question.
    ******* Pants are required on both my character and my person.
    ******** I may wear pants as headwear, but I must also have them on my legs.
    ********* "Pants" as a warcry, or warbanner, does not count as wearing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    ********* "Pants" as a warcry, or warbanner, does not count as wearing them.
    ********** Pants do not work like a divine focus, you do not merely have to present them for their function to take effect.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Orc in the Playground

********** Pants do not work like a divine focus, you do not merely have to present them for their function to take effect.
    ***********My cleric may not turn the horde of zombies by presenting a pair of old, stinky jeans. No, seriously, where did your character even get those in a fantasy world?
    Many thanks to Meto30 for sketching this amazing piece of art, and for allowing me to use it as my avatar!

18. - Top - End - #888
    Titan in the Playground

************ Trousers are not Numenera.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

19. - Top - End - #889

*There is no possible way that stripping completly naked, covering each other in neon paint, and doing Jojo poses to Go Go Power Rangers can possibly give us a bonus to the stealth check we need sneak past a security checkpoint.
    **Especially if we do it right in front of the security checkpoint.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

20. - Top - End - #890

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHamsterBean View Post
    ***********My cleric may not turn the horde of zombies by presenting a pair of old, stinky jeans. No, seriously, where did your character even get those in a fantasy world?
    Maybe from Ash Williams?
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

21. - Top - End - #891
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Maybe from Ash Williams?
    *May not claim to be a cleric of The Ashen One, conqueror of the undead, and owner of The Boomstick just so that I can use a pair of old jeans as my holy symbol.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *There is no possible way that stripping completly naked, covering each other in neon paint, and doing Jojo poses to Go Go Power Rangers can possibly give us a bonus to the stealth check we need sneak past a security checkpoint.
    ** Or to anything else for that matter.
    *** The Zyuranger theme will not solve this problem.
    **** There is only one acceptable sneaking song. But nudity or neon paint will ruin the effect.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

...What system is that and what song is it?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

24. - Top - End - #894

*No matter how forced the plot seems to be, my character may not use it as ammunition for a railgun.
    **The "siege weapon" ability ("This does double damage to structures") does not work on the fourth wall.
    ***While I am allowed to have a headcanon, I may not use it offensively.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    *No matter how forced the plot seems to be, my character may not use it as ammunition for a railgun.
    **The "siege weapon" ability ("This does double damage to structures") does not work on the fourth wall.
    ***While I am allowed to have a headcanon, I may not use it offensively.
    Heh, reminds me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    I'll tell you right now, if anyone asked me whether I thought they should wear a ballista on their head, I'm pretty sure I'd say "no."

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    ...What system is that and what song is it?
    I don't know the system being used, but I was referencing a certain parodic opera song. Shush shush, the major general comes...

* If the other players have never seen it I am not allowed to reference it.
    ** 'May not attack an orphan' is no longer an allowed disadvantage for pirates.

Show

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I don't know the system being used, but I was referencing a certain parodic opera song. Shush shush, the major general comes...

* If the other players have never seen it I am not allowed to reference it.
    ** 'May not attack an orphan' is no longer an allowed disadvantage for pirates.
    I presume there's more than one song about the major general?

Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #898
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I presume there's more than one song about the major general?
    ** But there's only one song about a roguish elven gunslinger.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Titan in the Playground

You just won five internets with that, Expert.

Extended sig here.

30. - Top - End - #900

If we ever get to thread 13, I vote we name it "Roguish Elven Gunslinger".
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.