New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

I think Marshal gets Charisma twice to relevant skill checks, for starters. Assuming it's 3.5e. And Diplomacy is probably a class skill for them.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Crossbreeding xenomorphs and Metroids was a horribly irresponsible thing to do.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-12-13 at 03:28 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    ** Do not turn them into cyborgs to make them even more deadly.
    *** If people starts suggesting nuclear weapons it is not that you should add them to those hybrids: they are suggesting those should be used to kill the hybrids.
    **** At that point if nuking them makes them radioactive and even stronger "kill it with fire" seems impossible.
    ***** No that was not a challenge. Do not throw the planet in the sun.
    ****** You can not keep one as a pet even if their total kill count is a quarter of your own kill count.
    Last edited by noob; 2020-12-13 at 03:42 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

Science team has vapour for brains.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    Science team has vapour for brains.
    Methinks it might be safer for the universe if they just got vaporized, period.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Titan in the Playground

* Even if it is a legitimate Victorian name I cannot use it if the other group members cannot take it seriously.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * Even if it is a legitimate Victorian name I cannot use it if the other group members cannot take it seriously.
    * Stealing the names of my ancestors is only allowed if they sound like real names.
    ** Frosti Olafsen might have been a real person, but if you try to run one as anything other than an awakened ice golem or an ice wizard, you are not going to be taken seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    * Stealing the names of my ancestors is only allowed if they sound like real names.
    ** Frosti Olafsen might have been a real person, but if you try to run one as anything other than an awakened ice golem or an ice wizard, you are not going to be taken seriously.
    Is that one of your ancestors?

Extended sig here.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Is that one of your ancestors?
    My siblings always used to pull out my parents' family tree program and navigate to "Frosty", possibly with a patronymic when I was a kid. The "Olafsen" is made up based on the snowchild from Frozen. This was the same program where we had managed to confuse people with the same name such that someone was his own great-grandfather, so I am not sure that Frosty was ever anything more than a legend. I also never had the knack for finding my way to him, so I can't check any of the details.

More from my ancestors:
    * Just because I am a bard does not mean I am contractually obligated to fake my death at the first opportunity.
    * Getting cut off in an ox-cart is not a good reason for road-rage.
    ** Friendly competitions are great. Extending them to get more work done is great. Refusing to go through with your promised reward because who was winning changed after the extension is very, very bad.
    * Poison Ivy is not a "get out of combat" card.
    ** Not even if you figure out how to make a whip out of it.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

I'm no longer allowed to name a subclass feature Baby Shark, Doo doo doo doo #todo: better name. Even if it gives you waterbreathing, a swim speed, and a bite attack. The bite attack should deal psychic damage and make you start helplessly singing that song though. That's ok. But not the name.
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Bugbear in the Playground

** Similarly, even if it's period-accurate, the medieval noblewoman cannot be called Tiffany.

* If the Cabal is made up of a mildly edgy Mystagogue, an very edgy Guardian of the Veil, and an idealistic Arrow doctor, the latter should probably not be the first to commit a Falling-level act of hubris.
    ** This goes double if the Arrow is the only one who isn't a Mastigos.
    *** No, 'but Nazis' doesn't make violating the timestream OK. Do you want Wolfenstein? Because that's how you get Wolfenstein.
    **** No matter what the rules say, trying to use Fate magic to cheat the roll to avoid losing wisdom for an act of hubris a) will not work and b) is itself an act of hubris.
    ***** Somehow passing the wisdom check despite your normal dice luck is not permission to do it again.
    Last edited by TheTeaMustFlow; 2020-12-21 at 07:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ettin in the Playground

Character names may no longer be anagrams of the following:
    "The paladin is an uptight *****"
    "The sorcerer is a chaotic stupid *******"
    "This is not an anagram"
    "If it talks, sex"

13. - Top - End - #1033

* Just because I've summoned an Imp and CRISPRed it with firefly DNA does not mean "Bioluminescent Imps" are a demon species I can summon
    ** Even if I am on a different plane than my lab

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ettin in the Playground

* I may no longer cut and paste the druid fluff onto the warlock chassis in order to "bring about the downfall of civilization while shooting force butterflies at people because the fluffy bunnies told me to".
    ** I may not turn against the party during the BBEG fight because "Dude, for five weeks now! Bring about the downfall of civilization. What did you expect?" is perfectly in character and completes my DM approved backstory.
    *** When the other players complain that my character's RP goals interfere with their murder-hobo ways I may not then bring and play a character so amoral, so mercenary, so murderous, and so loot focused, that the character's murder-hoboing make the players unfomfortable with murder-hoboing.
    **** At least they stopped complaining about my characters having RP goals.
    ***** I may no longer claim that my backstory is DM approved unless the DM signed and dated it. Because that means they at least looked at it after I handed it to them.
    ****** I may no longer put a EULA modified from the DM's favorite news website on the back of the backstory in 1.5 size font.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

* The national lockdown has not, and never will, cause my character to snap into Adepthood.
    ** Even if I play the sanitation-based school.

* Even if the GM approves the etymolomancer I do not have the right to complain about other magickians mixing linguistic roots.

* My character cannot gain power from having multiple romantic partners.
    ** That Adept school is banned and I know it.
    *** I can homebrew the ethical polyamorist Archetype as much as I want, but the GM is not going to allow it.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

16. - Top - End - #1036

** It does not matter if I can produce documentation for "Diet Coke" as a legit period name. ("Diet" was a diminutive for some other name I forget, and "Coke" was a variant spelling of the occupational surname "Cook".)
    Play your character, not your alignment.

17. - Top - End - #1037

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    ** It does not matter if I can produce documentation for "Diet Coke" as a legit period name. ("Diet" was a diminutive for some other name I forget, and "Coke" was a variant spelling of the occupational surname "Cook".)
    Bubba ap Elvis. Legitimately documented SCAdian persona name.

(Registering an SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) name requires finding period (roughly 500AD-1500AD) documentation that the name was used. Somebody got this name registered for them in retribution. Our ancestors were *WEIRD.*)

Proof that history is stranger than fiction.

18. - Top - End - #1038

There is not a government in the universe that would permit Tamaranean/Kryptonian(or Daxamite) hybrids as a supersoldier experiment.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Titan in the Playground

* May not have my character do anything that may be considered "Being That Guy" or any variation upon the concept
    ** especially if being "That Guy" takes the form of holding up an important ritual to demand an apology from another PC and I'm the only one who can do the thing that'll make it continue
    *** Not even if my PC had just saved the other PC's life and that PC just decides to throw it away for the sake of some random village out of stupid guilt over something they can't control

* May not "Be a total Franziska Von Karma" about this
    ** May not whip another PC out of frustration
    *** May not whip random NPC's out of frustration
    **** Whipping enemies to death in rage during combat however is perfectly in character and acceptable.

* My reaction to learning there is an evil double of me probably shouldn't be to ask whether I fall into the evil extremist archetype or the evil selfish archetype so I can prepare contingencies in case I fall to evil as well
    ** nor should my reaction to meeting the beautiful goddess between parallel universes be to blush and think about maybe asking her out on a date.

* If an enemy is be chosen by fate, I may not critically mind crush him on the first attack thus killing him before he truly does anything
    ** May not inadvertently cause roils throughout fate and the warp by killing him in ignorance of his status
    *** May not claim that in wh40k, clearly being chosen by fate just means being Tzeentch's favored lackey that week and thus not all that special at all and that the only true higher plan for humanity is the God-Emperor's, being chosen by destiny? nothing but Tzeentchian heresy.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

20. - Top - End - #1040

* If an enemy is be chosen by fate, I may not critically mind crush him on the first attack thus killing him before he truly does anything
    ** May not inadvertently cause roils throughout fate and the warp by killing him in ignorance of his status
    *** May not claim that in wh40k, clearly being chosen by fate just means being Tzeentch's favored lackey that week and thus not all that special at all and that the only true higher plan for humanity is the God-Emperor's, being chosen by destiny? nothing but Tzeentchian heresy.
    **** Accidentally killing the God Emperor of Mankind while time-travelled into the past deserves a better response than "oops".
    ***** I may not attempt to replace the Emperor in a vain attempt to fix the time stream after killing him by accident in the past.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

* While not banned by the rules, I deserve everything I get when I make my shadowrunner an 'internet troll'.

Show

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

Wasn't the God-Emperor of Mankind fairly OP back then as well?

Extended sig here.

23. - Top - End - #1043

*My desire to be an immortal, invincible dragon sleeping in a pile of gold for centuries at a time shall forever be but a pipe dream

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

*My desire to be an immortal, invincible dragon sleeping in a pile of gold for centuries at a time shall forever be but a pipe dream
    I'm pretty sure there are more than a few systems where you can do that(aside from the immortal and invincible parts, but even then you can probably get close).

Extended sig here.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

* Plan vetoed: Hover invisible in the sky over town shooting down lightning bolts with a mile wide illusion of buttocks centered on self.

** Plan vetoed: Use mirage arcana to turn maximum area into giant bowl of loose wasabi powder under the entire combat.

*** May no longer whip up quickie web page with random to-hit & damage generator that auto-rolls every 30 seconds and wave at the tablet saying "Autoattack neatest enemy" while reading a book during combat.

**** Autoattack webpage may no longer be more effective than half the other characters because the system nerfed or penalizes everything but simple damage attacking in combat.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    * Plan vetoed: Hover invisible in the sky over town shooting down lightning bolts with a mile wide illusion of buttocks centered on self.

** Plan vetoed: Use mirage arcana to turn maximum area into giant bowl of loose wasabi powder under the entire combat.

*** May no longer whip up quickie web page with random to-hit & damage generator that auto-rolls every 30 seconds and wave at the tablet saying "Autoattack neatest enemy" while reading a book during combat.

**** Autoattack webpage may no longer be more effective than half the other characters because the system nerfed or penalizes everything but simple damage attacking in combat.
    ...5e, I presume?

Extended sig here.

27. - Top - End - #1047

* If a PC's mother decides that she's going to join the party to hunt bandits, there is no point fighting it; that argument was lost before it even started.

** If said PC's mother is with the party, she probably shouldn't be the most capable interrogator in the group thanks to judicious use of the 'mom voice'.

28. - Top - End - #1048

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    * If a PC's mother decides that she's going to join the party to hunt bandits, there is no point fighting it; that argument was lost before it even started.

** If said PC's mother is with the party, she probably shouldn't be the most capable interrogator in the group thanks to judicious use of the 'mom voice'.
    "Mom" is a full bab class with sense motive, bluff, intimidate, use magical device, forgery, all knowledge, profession, and craft skills, and heal. I fail to see how it wouldn't make a good adventurer.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

29. - Top - End - #1049

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Wasn't the God-Emperor of Mankind fairly OP back then as well?
    At some point he was weak and defenseless. Or his mother was.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    **** Accidentally killing the God Emperor of Mankind while time-travelled into the past deserves a better response than "oops".
    ***** I may not attempt to replace the Emperor in a vain attempt to fix the time stream after killing him by accident in the past.
    ****** If without the emperor god of mankind humanity steamrolls all the rest of the universe, never have chaos god worshippers problems due to the old religions still being here and being way less repulsive (who wants to worship the horrible god that tells you to kill violently people? very few) and that the world is overall a good place for humans I may not say "this looks good I hope the time travelling inquisition order does not comes" because it will summon them definitively.
    Last edited by noob; 2021-01-06 at 06:23 AM.