New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 21363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1351
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a 3.5e prestige class specifically for multiclassing Bard and Druid.

I'm also pretty sure it sucks, but eh.
    There's a prestige class for multiclassing everything, so I wouldn't be shocked. The main point was more 'I can't use my character build as an excuse to sing irrelevant songs at people'.

* I cannot play MC Beatbot, Warforged Bard until I have actually learnt to rap.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

May not buy dinosaur print underwear for the other players.

The logic that doubling the number of people in the house wearing dinosaur underwear doubles the awesome is insufficent justification.

May not scare the big, tough, military players with a small child wearing dinosaur underwear.

Should not allow the little 70-something granny to intimidate the big, tough, military players with her dinosaur underwear.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Colossus in the Playground

Skirts are not a kind of pants.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

*Just because there is a cult kidnapping children does not mean that they are automatically pedophiles.
    **child fight pits and child sex pits are not interchangeable terms

*must ask for consent from the victim before preforming torture for information.*
    Signet, the eternal.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

On an island where many NPCs were slaughtered by ooze monsters while the party tried desperately to escape. Ah, Memories.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by KnotKnormal View Post
    *must ask for consent from the victim before preforming torture for information.*
    **Cannot torture the victim until he consents to having torture performed on him retroactively
    Last edited by Taevyr; 2021-03-21 at 03:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Colossus in the Playground

Under no circumstances can I use CRISPR to turn myself into a dragon.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*In an Indiana Jones-inspired game, may not play “Florida Mann.”
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    May not buy dinosaur print underwear for the other players.
    MAY buy dinosaur print underwear FROM the other players, though...
    I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
    -The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
    https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.c...tionchallenge/

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Titan in the Playground

* Even if I'm playing an ork the hot pink trenchcoat does not give a +2 bonus to Stealth checks.
    ** Mainly because Shadowrunners have done that one before.
    * Armoured underwear is funny once. It's tedious once I begin optimising it.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Skirts are not a kind of pants.
    *May not argue that they are a one legged pant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    *May not argue that they are a one legged pant.
    Yeah. What if you're a snake?
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    Yeah. What if you're a snake?
    All the more motivation to find a mate.

Show

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnotKnormal View Post
    *Just because there is a cult kidnapping children does not mean that they are automatically pedophiles.
    **child fight pits and child sex pits are not interchangeable terms

***Virtual disapproving stares count as well. Cut that crap out.

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

* The purpose of the Phantom rogue subclass's abilities is not to provide free tuition in downtime.
    ** Even if it needs to be good for something before level 9.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    * The purpose of the Phantom rogue subclass's abilities is not to provide free tuition in downtime.
    ** Even if it needs to be good for something before level 9.
    Care to elaborate?
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Troll in the Playground

Care to elaborate?
    One of the new rogue subclasses in Tasha's is the Phantom, who gets abilities based around a mysterious connection to the dead. The main ability the class is based around is collecting "tokens" from dead enemies which offer various perks, but they don't get this ability until level 9.

Until then, the only abilities you get are a floating proficiency you can adjust per short or long rest and a nice, but limited option to deal extra damage to adjacent targets when you sneak attack. The floating proficiency is themed as basically a ghost entering your mind to offer advice.

Xanathar's downtime rules also include rules for learning a proficiency, with an associated cost in gold for tuition (and a need to track down a trainer).

I suppose I should clarify that, despite my last post, my DM actually accepted "I mean, if the ghost provides a proficiency, they must be able to let you train?".
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2021-03-23 at 07:11 PM.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Halfling in the Playground

* I may not spend months and unholy amounts of quintessence casting a spell to erase a marble-sized bit of space from all memory past and present. Not even if I get silly amounts of successes.
    ** I may not take advantage of being the only person in the world with beliefs about that bit of space to shape it according to my will.
    *** I may not turn it into the entrance to a functional pocket dimension, and especially not one accessible by every other multiversal version of me who had the same idea.
    **** I may not drag the rest of the party into the pocket dimension to rescue me from the amalgamation of all those other me's.
    ***** I absolutely may not end up with control over a multiverse nexus all because I made everyone forget something.

* I may not create a suspended spell item that, on activation, converts all of my spellcasting potential at once into protections and physical enhancements. Not even if it did cost xp and a lot of downtime to make.
    ** I may not name the combined spell War-God's Mantle.
    *** I may absolutely not use it to beat a high-ranking vampire to death with my bare hands instead of us running from it.

* If it involves setting metaphysics and I have to explain how "It makes perfects sense when you think about it this way", I am not allowed to even ask.

18. - Top - End - #1368
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cortillaen View Post
    * I may not spend months and unholy amounts of quintessence casting a spell to erase a marble-sized bit of space from all memory past and present. Not even if I get silly amounts of successes.
    ** I may not take advantage of being the only person in the world with beliefs about that bit of space to shape it according to my will.
    *** I may not turn it into the entrance to a functional pocket dimension, and especially not one accessible by every other multiversal version of me who had the same idea.
    **** I may not drag the rest of the party into the pocket dimension to rescue me from the amalgamation of all those other me's.
    ***** I absolutely may not end up with control over a multiverse nexus all because I made everyone forget something.

* I may not create a suspended spell item that, on activation, converts all of my spellcasting potential at once into protections and physical enhancements. Not even if it did cost xp and a lot of downtime to make.
    ** I may not name the combined spell War-God's Mantle.
    *** I may absolutely not use it to beat a high-ranking vampire to death with my bare hands instead of us running from it.

* If it involves setting metaphysics and I have to explain how "It makes perfects sense when you think about it this way", I am not allowed to even ask.
    *squints*

I've been reading a quest based off Mage: the Ascension(specifically the Technocratic side) and this kinda sounds like that? I dunno. Or is this the nWoD Mage system?

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Ettin in the Playground

* May not "crit botch" a medic roll in a system without critical failures or botches.

** "I forgot which bard thingy did what and accidental gave myself a penalty." is not an excuse that will be accepted by people I've games with for a decade.

*** Getting a -6 total on a 1d20-1 roll, while impressive, does not let me decide that someone bleeding out from a head wound needs their temperature taken.

**** Nor does it let me mistake a wand of burning hands for a rectal thermometer.

***** No longer allowed characters capable of generating negative numbers or divide by zero errors.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Titan in the Playground

...How do you get a -6 on a 1d20-1 roll?

Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #1371

HalflingWizardGirl

May not proselytize about Eilistraee at the dinner table (elsewhere is fine, just not while the rest of the party is eating).

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by P. G. Macer View Post
    May not proselytize about Eilistraee at the dinner table (elsewhere is fine, just not while the rest of the party is eating).
    Here I would have thought Slanesh was the creature who was the worst to proselytize about during dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

23. - Top - End - #1373
    Titan in the Playground

Here I would have thought Slanesh was the creature who was the worst to proselytize about during dinner.
    ** No its Nurgle: "Let this food be blessed by Nurgle with pustules, rot, grime and disease, so that we may intake the holy toxicities..."
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Halfling in the Playground

*squints*

I've been reading a quest based off Mage: the Ascension(specifically the Technocratic side) and this kinda sounds like that? I dunno. Or is this the nWoD Mage system?
    It's oWoD Mage: The Ascension, my first and favorite system. The Union goons probably aren't as inclined to (ab)use the metaphysical quirks, but I'd love to play a game from their perspective sometime (disclaimer: I use "goons" jokingly; I actually enjoy the depth and inner conflict they got fleshed out with as time went on). I love both the setting and magic systems in Mage so much; the amount of flexibility and potential for shenanigans are both immense. I'm not a fan of the dice system for skills and such (the probability distributions are way to squished together for my taste), but it's thankfully super easy to swap out those parts for a Shadowrun-style system instead.

Speaking of Shadowrun:
    * I am absolutely never, under no circumstances, allowed to play a 'Runner with a code of conduct. Especially if that code includes minimizing harm to innocents (ie just folks trying to keep their heads down and survive) and keeping his word.
    Last edited by Cortillaen; 2021-03-24 at 06:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1375

HalflingWizardGirl

While Slaanesh would definitely be worse, I’m playing D&D 5e, and the DM is therefore treating the WH40K Chaos Gods as not existing. What I wrote was a humorous play on the party’s in-character “no religion or politics while eating” rule.

*There are no carnivorous livestock in continental Faerűn.
    ** The Dragonborn barbarian is not livestock
    ***Even if he is of similar Intelligence to a domestic pig.

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Titan in the Playground

It's oWoD Mage: The Ascension, my first and favorite system. The Union goons probably aren't as inclined to (ab)use the metaphysical quirks, but I'd love to play a game from their perspective sometime (disclaimer: I use "goons" jokingly; I actually enjoy the depth and inner conflict they got fleshed out with as time went on). I love both the setting and magic systems in Mage so much; the amount of flexibility and potential for shenanigans are both immense. I'm not a fan of the dice system for skills and such (the probability distributions are way to squished together for my taste), but it's thankfully super easy to swap out those parts for a Shadowrun-style system instead.
    I want to like Mage, and the Technocracy itself is in my mind better set up for games than the Traditions, but unfortunately I played Unknown Armies first. Now I look at Mage and find it comparatively dull and it's magick, while cool in it's own way, not having the same wow and hooks as UA magick does. While it would still be fun to play I think I'd actually much prefer Awakening and it's more stable metaphysics.

Although a kitty of that has to do with having come to like CofD a lot more as it feels more cohesive.

Especially Channeling. Dreaming had good fluff, but Lost has amazing fluff. I really, really want to run a lost 2e Chronicle, where I run mortal mages with variant Fae Touched rules (casting Contacts from Willpower rather than Glamour). And I'd jump at the chance to play a Changeling 2e game.

* Wizened powers are not for crashing the global market on precious metals.
    ** Cooking steaks into uranium is only funny until somebody gets hurt.
    *** Unless I start acting within fairy tale logic my powers will be taken away.

Speaking of Shadowrun:
    * I am absolutely never, under no circumstances, allowed to play a 'Runner with a code of conduct. Especially if that code includes minimizing harm to innocents (ie just folks trying to keep their heads down and survive) and keeping his word.
    I'd love to play in or run a Shadowrun game where runners are professionals who don't cause unnecessary damage, loss of life, and betrayals. Heck, when I ran it most Johnsons were on the level, because skilled runners hard to find.

Show

27. - Top - End - #1377
    Titan in the Playground

I recommend you read Panopticon Quest then. Very good for Technocracy fans.

Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*Making a character who carries 50 derringers on his person, has a metric crapton of points in fast draw, and enough wealth to just discard each derringer after shooting it, with the intent of rapid-firing them at a comparable rate as someone with a semiautomatic or revolver, isn’t exactly a viable concept due to the multiple action limitations of the system.
    **It is also silly.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * I cannot play a bard.
    ** No, it's nothing to do with the class, it's because my singing isn't that good.
    Amusing mirror to this one: not me, but a fellow member of my group is not allowed to *not* play the bard, for similar-ish reasons. His talking being that good rather than his singing, but otherwise something of a parallel.

(Less succinctly but more accurately, his tendency to off-the-cuff improvise stirring speeches and inspiring dialogue is sufficiently strong that he's not allowed to play low-Charisma characters, because we all feel bad having to go "that was genuinely OOC moving and the whole table loved it, but we have to pretend it never happened because your character can barely string two words together.")

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Titan in the Playground

According to an argument between me and my DM:
    *A bard has to have musical inclination.
    ** I cannot under any circumstance be a bard of writing, be it prose or poetry.
    *** I am not to circumvent said prejudice by playing another charisma based class and refluff their several support options with oratory.

(Yes, this was a real point, and no I am not investing more time into it than necessary.)