New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    monstrous
    Multiple definitions of that word.

* Not allowed to play the uplifted experiment pig-wizard who turned people into bacon cheeseburgers. It was nixed due to the bacon squick factor.

** Not allowed to play a smart-mouth, luck-manipulating, Bag of Devouring in a supers game.

Because apparently supers games are supposed to "safer" than D&D with it's history of savage psychic cannibal halfling cliff dwellers and minotaur PC options.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ah, a kender.

* I cannot play a kender paladin.
    ** No, not even if I explain exactly who I've 'borrowed' the powers from.
    *** This does not make me immune to falling.
    May not suggest a Paladin of Freedom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post

* Not allowed to play the uplifted experiment pig-wizard who turned people into bacon cheeseburgers. It was nixed due to the bacon squick factor.

** Not allowed to play a smart-mouth, luck-manipulating, Bag of Devouring in a supers game.

Because apparently supers games are supposed to "safer" than D&D with it's history of savage psychic cannibal halfling cliff dwellers and minotaur PC options.
    ...Spider-Ham, a sapient spider mutated into porcine form by the bite of a radioactive pig, canonically enjoys the taste of pork products and eats his fill whenever visiting reality where pigs aren't people.

All of the other spiders are disgusted by this.

And then there's Venom, who threatened to eat people during Eddie Brock's Lethal protector phase(officially they never did, but the Symbiote ate some people while separate from Eddie) and Flash Thompson as Agent Venom didn't stop at threatening on occasion.

Cannibalistic superheroes are a thing, my dude.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-04-06 at 10:32 AM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Titan in the Playground

May not suggest a Paladin of Freedom.
    Yes, but that's less funny.

* I may not ask the thriving elephant for money.
    ** Or crosspost jokes from other threads.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

*I may not walk around with obvious 10s of thousands of gp worth of gear begging for alms.
    **No, it doesn't help that you have a disguise.
    ***Or a bluff check.
    ****Or a magic wand of invisibility.
    *****An invisible person begging is worse.
    Last edited by Calthropstu; 2021-04-06 at 12:00 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Ah, a kender.

* I cannot play a kender paladin.
    ** No, not even if I explain exactly who I've 'borrowed' the powers from.
    *** This does not make me immune to falling.
    "Kender wild mage."

Three words that strike fear into the hearts of 2E DMs everywhere. And I can make him, street legal, by 2E rules.
    I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
    -The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
    https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.c...tionchallenge/

6. - Top - End - #1416

EvilClericGuy

...Spider-Ham, a sapient spider mutated into porcine form by the bite of a radioactive pig, canonically enjoys the taste of pork products and eats his fill whenever visiting reality where pigs aren't people.

All of the other spiders are disgusted by this.
    Pigs will eat pigs in real life. I don't see the problem.

Plus, BACON!
    I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
    -The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
    https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.c...tionchallenge/

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

There is an actual canon Marvel supervillian with that power.
    He got a bit of meteorite embedded in his chest, causing him to be able to open a portal in his chest. Calls himself The Black Hole and as they said introducing him in the Howard the Duck joins The Defenders giant sized annual, "like his namesake, The Black Hole sucks".
    (As in things are drawn into the portal never to be seen again.)
    I think he's dead: someone put his own hand through the portal, so he just kinda imploded.

8. - Top - End - #1418

Can't sit around stir-crazy because the (plot) threads I have things to do for but that aren't progressing at all.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1419

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Okay, that makes a bit more sense. Was the "vampire blood poison around singing feminist" part a joke or are they really allergic to it?
    Their lowest-level ability, instead of involving poisons, creates a bubble of silence. My singing feminist was unhappy about the majority of her powers getting switched off by a level 1 effect. The Assamite was indifferent to this.

* If everyone in the party has dots in Animalism, something strange is going on
    ** Welsh Gangrel do not summon sheep

* Clan Tzimisce's clan disciplines are not "Vicissitude and whatever their Packmates can teach them"
    ** Despite what the book says, Koldun do get Koldunic Sorcery as a clan discipline
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    * If everyone in the party has dots in Animalism, something strange is going on
    ** Welsh Gangrel do not summon sheep
    Of course not.

Welsh Gangrel turn into sheep.

* Clan Tzimisce's clan disciplines are not "Vicissitude and whatever their Packmates can teach them"
    ** Despite what the book says, Koldun do get Koldunic Sorcery as a clan discipline
    Eh, Blood Sorcery as an In-Clan was possibly one of Masquerade's biggest mistakes, even in V5 it's still significantly more flexible than other Disciplines even with Paths axed. Then again, I do like how V5 streamlined the Banu Haqim with giving them Blood Sorcery as standard with Quietus merged into it.

On the other hand, in some ways I'd still rather play Requiem, and V5 just took so much from Requiem that it makes that urge stronger.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

11. - Top - End - #1421

From a recent game, a thing which the GM almost litearlly told me:

*May not resolve every diplomatic negotiation with sonic cannons
    **"I turned down the area so not their entire diplomatic corps is hit" is not an excuse
    ***Neither is "I turn the setting to max and bury both negotiating parties under an avalanche"

In my defence, they were being *****.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ettin in the Playground

Old but good.

* I may not provide snacks/food during game if in last weeks' game I said "I've eaten scarier stuff than we're rolling fear saves for."

13. - Top - End - #1423

Old but good.

* I may not provide snacks/food during game if in last weeks' game I said "I've eaten scarier stuff than we're rolling fear saves for."
    I have nothing witty to say about this, but I've had a rough day and you made me smile.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    From a recent game, a thing which the GM almost litearlly told me:

*May not resolve every diplomatic negotiation with sonic cannons
    **"I turned down the area so not their entire diplomatic corps is hit" is not an excuse
    ***Neither is "I turn the setting to max and bury both negotiating parties under an avalanche"

In my defence, they were being *****.
    *****It is ok to use other weapons to end diplomatic negotiations. Using ones that are easier to get out of the carpets is a plus.
    ******Painting a knife with blue spikes and red sneakers does not count as using a sonic weapon to stick with your theme.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

* Just because your character is a cyberpunk version of a Pokemon trainer doesn't mean you can hack drones by throwing your tools at one.
    ** Nor does it mean the large tree in the centre of an exhibition hall is an Oak, owned by one of the professors.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    *Explosions are not an instrument.
    ** Gun is also not an instrument.
    *** There is no College of Guns bardic subclass.
    **** If you want cowboy romance in your game, just give your bard firearm proficiency and a guitar.
    ***** *sigh* You can be Arizona Ranger if you refluff Arizona to a locale in our setting.
    ****** Texas Red has to be refluffed as well.
    The Mythbusters respectfully disagree. and so do I
    the first half of the meaning of life is that there isn't one.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    *Explosions are not an instrument.
    ** Gun is also not an instrument.
    *** There is no College of Guns bardic subclass.
    **** If you want cowboy romance in your game, just give your bard firearm proficiency and a guitar.
    ***** *sigh* You can be Arizona Ranger if you refluff Arizona to a locale in our setting.
    ****** Texas Red has to be refluffed as well.
    *Do instruments of torture count?
    **Is mayonaise an instrument?
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Titan in the Playground

^ Just because the rules allow my Guardsman to have four longarms on them at once doesn't mean that this is the only acceptable loadout.
    ** No, switching to a similarly-armed Stormtrooper does not make it better.
    *** I should not be giving Space Marines loadout envy.
    **** Nor should I have high enough Agility to sneak with such an armanent.

Show

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bohandas View Post
    *Do instruments of torture count?
    **Is mayonaise an instrument?
    Interestingly enough I have had a game where mayonnaise was used as an instrument of torture. Almost ruined my sandwiches for a month...

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

* Halflings in this setting are not obligate carnivores.

** The more the DM likes the whole "i am groot" thing, the worse the kenku bard character who only says "your mom" will go over.

*** It does not matter if I can build it in (nearly) any system. My character may not be a cheese ninja with a goremaul named Banjolinir.

**** It has to be a drawback in order to get extra points/feats from it. If the character was going to attempt to mate with literally every animate sapient in the game then a compulsion, neurosis, or geas, to do so is not an acceptable character flaw.

***** That goes double if the flaws would give the character enough points to auto-succeed on 90%+ of the enemies.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

* Halflings in this setting are not obligate carnivores.
    Oh, not playing Dark Sun?

22. - Top - End - #1432

*I can't expect anyone to honestly believe that I only want the Infinity Gauntlet in order to fix climate change, create my easily accessible reserves of resources in places with shortages, and serve as a big stick to intimidate away any hostile aliens who want to invade the Earth.
    **Even if that's the literal truth.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Troll in the Playground

* As happy as I am you love the NPC I thought up in 5 seconds because I realised there should be someone in this room, you didn't have to convince them to kill the semi-friendly NPCs I'd carefully crafted personalities and backstories for.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Orc in the Playground

* The DM is only going to fall for the grapple and self-immolate move once.
    The not-so-secret identity of Nat1Advice.
    I also write more serious 5e content on my blog, TBM Games.

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher K. View Post
    * The DM is only going to fall for the grapple and self-immolate move once.
    ** Self-immolate and grapple doesn't count as a different move.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

26. - Top - End - #1436

*I cannot have the PCs fight a motorhome that's been cursed to come alive and experience an unquenchable thirst for fresh human blood and insatiable hunger for fresh human flesh.
    **The cursed motorhome cannot be called a Wendibago.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Titan in the Playground

*I cannot have the PCs fight a motorhome that's been cursed to come alive and experience an unquenchable thirst for fresh human blood and insatiable hunger for fresh human flesh.
    ***No, a hotel with these traits cannot be called a Wentrivago.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #1438

Yoink. THat's going into our traditional halloween comedy game.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

***May not bind an air elemental to a motorhome for a Windybago
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ettin in the Playground

* The Emperor is not my character's sugar daddy.
    ** My character is not the official pimp of the Inquisition.
    *** Nor is he the lead software engineer in charge of backdoors for tech priest implants.
    **** Has not won the millenial dark eldar "All Galaxy Hickey & Wedgie Olympics" three times running.
    ***** Khorne is not his Saturday night drinking buddy.
    ****** The thing about time travel & the ork genome is a no-go.
    ******* I am no longer allowed to write character backstory in games where the GM approves them without reading them.