New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Of course not!

You need fifty points of Disadvantages to make sure you have the maximum amount of explosives. I recommend Impulsiveness (Self Control 6) and Pyromania (Self Control 6) as a good start.

* Friend Computer likes me. However they do not like like me, and suggesting they do is treason.
    Impulsiveness is not necessarily a good idea for blowing up as many things as possible since patience and the ability to pile up more explosives before wanting to explode them can allows to make explosions with more explosives.
    On the other hand if you were going to run out of explosives then that flaw is a good idea.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    *Wowbagger the Infinitely Prolonged may not make appearances in Faerûn.
    Obviously, Wowbagger insults alphabetically if I remember correctly, and 99% of the population of Faerun has a name beginning with T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z. He won't arrive their for another several million years.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Obviously, Wowbagger insults alphabetically if I remember correctly, and 99% of the population of Faerun has a name beginning with T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z. He won't arrive their for another several million years.
    He does insult alphabetically, but on an absolute basis, not an average basis. It doesn’t matter if most of the population has “T” et seq. names, he’ll still have to get the few who don’t in order. For instance he’d have to hit “Abdel Adrian the Bhaalspawn” long before he got to “Arthur Dent” on Earth.
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2018-12-22 at 09:04 AM.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

DrowGuy

*no matter how much i beg, there's no ranger fighting style involving barnyard animals.
    **i can't make a minion-master just to have infinite live blunt weapons.
    ***"pokemon trainers" do something besides throwing metal balls to the faces of the enemy and bludgeoning them with cute critters.
    ****forever banned summoning creatures above targeted enemies and letting gravity and bad tempers do the rest ever again.
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

He does insult alphabetically, but on an absolute basis, not an average basis. It doesn’t matter if most of the population has “T” et seq. names, he’ll still have to get the few who don’t in order. For instance he’d have to hit “Abdel Adrian the Bhaalspawn” long before he got to “Arthur Dent” on Earth.
    Yeah, that's one of the things they annoyed me about And Another Thing. Right near the beginning he's abandoned the alphabetical order bit because of how every time he arrived at a planet they'd have everybody lined up in alphabetical order or something, which makes no sense (it doesn't matter if Arthur Gent it's behind Arthur Dent in the queue, he has to go and insult Arthur Denu on the planet Orion 6).

Also my original reading of the series convinced me that he didn't have access to time travel, and thus never got past the As as people were born too fast for him to catch up. I don't know if they was the intention, but I find it significantly more funny than him flitting across space and time doing it all in complete alphabetical order.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    *no matter how much i beg, there's no ranger fighting style involving barnyard animals.
    **i can't make a minion-master just to have infinite live blunt weapons.
    ***"pokemon trainers" do something besides throwing metal balls to the faces of the enemy and bludgeoning them with cute critters.
    ****forever banned summoning creatures above targeted enemies and letting gravity and bad tempers do the rest ever again.
    Fun fact: D&D 3.5e characters with levels in the Hulking Hurler prestige class and possibly the Fling Ally or Fling Enemy feat can do exactly that kind of thing.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

7. - Top - End - #127

SamuraiGuy

*Not allowed to DM a lv. 30 Tristalt game in 3.PF
    **Most certainly not with two games DMed
    ***You have played 3.5 a grand total of once!!
    Sigh - real life.
    *When looking at the laws of waterdeep, and the harsh punishments, the proper response is not “How many guards do they have?”
    Game I am in:
    Giants and Graveyards Red Hand of Doom as Enn (3.5 Changeling Rogue//Dark template/Beguiler) using Grod's awesome Giants and Graveyards fixes
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    3.5 is the English Language of gaming.
    Folklore and the Evil Eye - A Guide to The Dreamscarred Press Malefex Class

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*Proposed starship names must be pronounceable by a) the GM, b) the rest of the party, and especially c) me (if even I can’t pronounce it, I can’t make it the ship name).
    **Cannot name the ship “S.S. Depreciation Expense” or anything else to do with tax write-offs.
    ***Cannot name the ship “S.S. Steppenwolf” or “S.S. Magic Carpet” and rig our IFF transponder to just be constantly blasting the song on multiple frequencies.
    ****Cannot name the ship “The Ship” in order to create confusion for enemy ships trying to issue orders to target us.
    *****Cannot name the ship “The Fahrvergnügen.”
    ******Cannot name the ship.
    Show

- If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

*Proposed starship names must be pronounceable by a) the GM, b) the rest of the party, and especially c) me (if even I can’t pronounce it, I can’t make it the ship name).
    **Cannot name the ship “S.S. Depreciation Expense” or anything else to do with tax write-offs.
    ***Cannot name the ship “S.S. Steppenwolf” or “S.S. Magic Carpet” and rig our IFF transponder to just be constantly blasting the song on multiple frequencies.
    ****Cannot name the ship “The Ship” in order to create confusion for enemy ships trying to issue orders to target us.
    *****Cannot name the ship “The Fahrvergnügen.”
    ******Cannot name the ship.
    ******* A ship can not be named drop tables //*\\...
    ******** I can not call a ship "ourselves"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    ******* A ship can not be named drop tables //*\\...
    ******** I can not call a ship "ourselves"
    ********* "She's one of ours" is also out.
    ********** "Nothing to see here" might be passable, depending on the setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

*********** I cannot call our ship "To the Escape Pods"
    ************ "All Hands Abandon Ship" is also prohibited.
    ************* "Initiate Self-Destruct" is right out.
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2018-12-27 at 03:10 PM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

12. - Top - End - #132

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    Fun fact: D&D 3.5e characters with levels in the Hulking Hurler prestige class and possibly the Fling Ally or Fling Enemy feat can do exactly that kind of thing.
    ah, but you see, that would mean it'd take personal effort and physical exertion! it's like dropping an anvil: funny if you do it, funnier if it falls out of the sky where you asked it to fall.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”

when in doubt,

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    ah, but you see, that would mean it'd take personal effort and physical exertion! it's like dropping an anvil: funny if you do it, funnier if it falls out of the sky where you asked it to fall.
    *wheezes* Fair.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

**************Cannot name the ship “Belay that!”
    ***************Cannot name the ship “The Flagship.”
    ****************Cannot name the ship “Lower Our Shields!”
    *****************Cannot name the ship “It Just Dropped Off Our Sensors!”
    ******************Cannot name the ship.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

******************* 'Unnamed' counts as a name

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

*******************Cannot complain about the lack of gravitas in the ship names suggested so far.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2018-12-28 at 09:40 AM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

******************** May not name the ship 'Gravitas'.

Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

******************** May not name the ship 'Gravitas'.
    *********************May not name the ship “Artificial Gravitas.”
    **********************May not name the ship “Deactivate Our Artificial Gravity!”
    Last edited by JAL_1138; 2018-12-28 at 07:07 AM.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Randuir View Post
    *******************Cannot complain about the lack of gravitas in the ship names suggested so far.
    * Especially if its from a Culture novel or we're playing in a Culture game
    ** cannot name ship "Adventures In Zero Gravitas" or "Low Gravitas Planet"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

* Especially if its from a Culture novel or we're playing in a Culture game
    ** cannot name ship "Adventures In Zero Gravitas" or "Low Gravitas Planet"
    **"You wanted Gravitas, I'll show you Gravitas" is not a proper name for a fast picket ship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wookieetank View Post
    **"You wanted Gravitas, I'll show you Gravitas" is not a proper name for a fast picket ship.
    ****"You wanted Gravitas, I'll show you Gravitas" is a perfect name for an OU/e class ship though.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    *********** I cannot call our ship "To the Escape Pods"
    ************ "All Hands Abandon Ship" is also prohibited.
    ************* "Initiate Self-Destruct" is right out.
    **************The Life Boat may not be The Humble "000Destruct0"
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Colossus in the Playground

*Any argument that ends in two PCs having hate sex on the bridge of the ship shall not be repeated.
    **The players are not allowed to bring it up again.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *Any argument that ends in two PCs having hate sex on the bridge of the ship shall not be repeated.
    **The players are not allowed to bring it up again.
    *** Naming the ship after this event will get me sent to the naughty step.

Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Given: The PCs are looking for a force of "missing, presumed dead" soldiers on an ancient wrecked space station.

Given: They've run into increasing numbers of cyber-zombies as the get closer to the Imperial troop ship that's been rammed into the station.

Given: The PCs got to the ship and killed a batch of cyber-zombies in the half wrecked docking bay.

* I may not ambush the PCs just because they sealed themselves in a small garage, with only one exit, inside the docking bay, next to the ship with a mad tech-priest and 100+ cyber-zombies in it, because they wanted to 'rest'.

* I may replace all the cyber-zombies because they did not throw the bodies of their own fallen soldiers down the conviently place bottomless pit.

* I may not have the werewolf spontaneously turn into a cyber-zombie half way through the rest period just because he spent three rounds during combat being humped with a zomb's spiky nanite injector bits.

* I may have the werewolf's arm, that got punched off by a zomb, regenerate as an uncontrolled cyber-zombie-arm. Because that's funny.

* I may not have Commisar Urist McBlammo blow up the space station with anitmatter missiles as a "nuke it from orbit" decision. It's logical, but will kill the PCs.

* I may have Commisar Urist McBlammo show up dual weilding full-auto grenade launchers and accuse the PCs of cowardice. Because they can outrun him.

* I will discover if I am allowed to make brain eating, demon worshipping, "awaken the elder evil", mind flayers more sympathetic and safer to deal with than th PCs own command structure.

26. - Top - End - #146

DrowGuy

*no more naming my character after a your mom joke.
    **even if it's my character's stage name.
    ***his real name can't be just as ridiculous as the stage name.
    ****it will get abbreviated and given a new nickname by the team.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

*Perform(memes) is not a viable choice.

Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #148

* Yes, singing "It's beginning to look a lot like Fishmen" when walking into the Kuo-Toa settlement is racist.
    Last edited by TheTeaMustFlow; 2018-12-29 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

* I am no longer allowed to have a 600 kilo aboleth rip open a 4 cm thick steel pipe wall, jump 20 meters onto a catwalk, and start tentacle hentai-ing the party gunman and mage. It's a caster with divinations, enchantments, and illusions dang it.

- Context: Aboleths are pretty hefty castors and there's a divination spell called Luck that gives extra dice. By overcasting, risking perils of the warp, and getting a really good roll, it got to throw 9 extra dice on a jump check. In a system where you roll a max of ten dice, with extra dice going towards better successes and auto-successes. Plus the thing is apparently big enough to be really strong by default too.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    * I am no longer allowed to have a 600 kilo aboleth rip open a 4 cm thick steel pipe wall, jump 20 meters onto a catwalk, and start tentacle hentai-ing the party gunman and mage. It's a caster with divinations, enchantments, and illusions dang it.

- Context: Aboleths are pretty hefty castors and there's a divination spell called Luck that gives extra dice. By overcasting, risking perils of the warp, and getting a really good roll, it got to throw 9 extra dice on a jump check. In a system where you roll a max of ten dice, with extra dice going towards better successes and auto-successes. Plus the thing is apparently big enough to be really strong by default too.
    Assuming "tentacle hentai-ing" is a metaphor, I see no reason why you shouldn't do that in whatever edition that is(guessing 5e?).

If you play 3.5e, I do have this very nice Savant Aboleth I built... Which is more heavy on the "psionic manifesting" than the "tentacle face-smashing", to be honest, but isn't exactly terrible at the latter either.

Extended sig here.