New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    *****Demons by Imagine Dragons may not be sung by demons, dragons, half-demonic dragons, or half-dragon demons.
    * Ghost Rider is right out.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

* I may not take the Alphorn as my bard's primary instrument.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    * I may not take the Alphorn as my bard's primary instrument.
    **gno bards again.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

* Gnomish Bards are not a thing.
    ** Especially after last time.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    ***A gnomish bard with a portable miniature pyrophone organ is right out.
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JAL_1138 View Post
    ***A gnomish bard with a portable miniature pyrophone organ is right out.
    **** If my musical instrument has a higher minimum safe distance than the Wild Magic Sorcerer it is banned.

Adventures in Middle-Earth:
    * Yes, the Riders of Rohan culture gives me both a free riding horse and the Animal Handling skill.
    ** My first use of the skill should not be to train the horse as a warhorse.
    *** I am banned from using my downtime to take work away from NPCs.
    **** I am to blame if none of the party agrees to enter buildings.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

*Building are not treacherous mimics that have not yet been proven to be mimics.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    *Building are not treacherous mimics that have not yet been proven to be mimics.
    **Neither are dungeons.

***And absolutely not the outhouse.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

* I may no longer spend multiple months referring to the BBEG as nothing more than "The Dark One".
    ** When they finally meet him face to face he may not taunt the party casters by saying "All magic comes with a price"
    *** Even if I spend multiple sessions setting up a lose lose situation that requires them to use magic to escape, only to have said magic backfire.
    **** He is not trying to kill them because they stole his favorite tea cup.
    ***** His favorite tea cup was not dropped in such a way that it has a single chip in the side.
    ****** He absolutely cannot finally tell them his name is 'Rumplestiltskin'.
    Last edited by Galithar; 2019-01-30 at 07:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: What happens when you have gnomish bards:
    Show
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    Spoiler: What happens when you have gnomish bards:
    Show
    There was a stand-up comic, I forget who, who did a bit about how two instruments at once is cool, any more is dorky, and it’s weird that that’s the case when you stop to think about it. A guy playing a guitar and a harmonica simultaneously is cool. But add a pair of cymbals and suddenly he’s a dweeb for some reason.

*My bard, whether gnomish or gnot, is not allowed, under any circumstances, to have a one-man band kit.
    Show

- If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

* Doing psychic type damage with an attack does not enable me to make called shots to things like the motivation, happiness, memories or sense of wonder of my target.

** being both the party rogue and the apparent quartmaster of our adventuring group is allowed but only when no one checks my math.

*** if they check my math a bluff check about “standard deductions “ won’t convince players even if it does convince characters

* no more catching people trying to pickpocket me, giving them pointers and then directing them to better targets for a small finders fee.

* “But I’m a dwarf” does not qualify as a reason for my my rogue to have a finesse type hammer
    Last edited by PastorofMuppets; 2019-02-01 at 06:59 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PastorofMuppets View Post
    * Doing psychic type damage with an attack does not enable me to make called shots to things like the motivation, happiness, memories or sense of wonder of my target.

** being both the party rogue and the apparent quartmaster of our adventuring group is allowed but only when no one checks my math.

*** if they check my math a bluff check about “standard deductions “ won’t convince players even if it does convince characters
    **** You can't use diplomacy on PC's, and even if you did, it can't be to start up a finance company.

*****No loan sharking! Not even then.

******The Druid Awakening or summoning sharks and temporarily giving them to people should not be a thing.

*If a character needs textbooks to play, it is banned

**Doubly so in the case of a Gnome

***If the Textbook is for Chem, Physics, Engineering, or any subcategory of those, selected notes are not allowed

****Why do you have that Bio textbook?
    Game I am in:
    Giants and Graveyards Red Hand of Doom as Enn (3.5 Changeling Rogue//Dark template/Beguiler) using Grod's awesome Giants and Graveyards fixes
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    3.5 is the English Language of gaming.
    Folklore and the Evil Eye - A Guide to The Dreamscarred Press Malefex Class

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    ****Why do you have that Bio textbook?
    *****No! Just no! Argh! Get that thing away from me!!!

Peeking Druid and Sleepy Kitty Avatar by Kurien and Awesome Party banner by Akrim.elf .

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malak'ai View Post
    *****No! Just no! Argh! Get that thing away from me!!!
    ******Pulling out a Calculus textbook for reference when you talk about using "dwarven accounting" to manage the party loot bag is just being cruel.
    *******Especially if you're not joking.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    ******Pulling out a Calculus textbook for reference when you talk about using "dwarven accounting" to manage the party loot bag is just being cruel.
    *******Especially if you're not joking.
    *Fine, let's see what your alchemist can come up with.
    ** You are absolutely NOT turning the sand pit into hydrofluoric acid.
    *** I do not care if the Bonfire cantrip is basically a bunsen burner providing enough heat to power this reaction.

17. - Top - End - #227

SamuraiGuy

*Asomodeus is never an acceptable ally.
    **Orcus will not supply troops
    ***Cuthulu is not, was never, and will never be an option for an "alliance"
    Game I am in:
    Giants and Graveyards Red Hand of Doom as Enn (3.5 Changeling Rogue//Dark template/Beguiler) using Grod's awesome Giants and Graveyards fixes

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    *Fine, let's see what your alchemist can come up with.
    ** You are absolutely NOT turning the sand pit into hydrofluoric acid.
    *** I do not care if the Bonfire cantrip is basically a bunsen burner providing enough heat to power this reaction.
    **** Under absolutely no circumstances are any of my characters allowed access to useful amounts of pure elements from the three left most columns of the periodic table, the three right most columns of the periodic table, and anything heavier than lead.

***** If it appears in the 'what if?' book by Randall Munroe, I am not allowed near it.

****** If it appears in the 'what if?' book by Randall Munroe, my RPG characters are double not allowed near it.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    **** Under absolutely no circumstances are any of my characters allowed access to useful amounts of pure elements from the three left most columns of the periodic table, the three right most columns of the periodic table, and anything heavier than lead.

***** If it appears in the 'what if?' book by Randall Munroe, I am not allowed near it.

****** If it appears in the 'what if?' book by Randall Munroe, my RPG characters are double not allowed near it.
    *******If it appears in the 'What If?' BLOG by Randall Munroe... it is also not allowed.
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.

20. - Top - End - #230

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    *******If it appears in the 'What If?' BLOG by Randall Munroe... it is also not allowed.
    ********If it comes from XKCD, the ban may be spot lifted
    *********This does not apply to comics with Black Hat or Danish
    Last edited by JMS; 2019-02-03 at 07:56 AM.
    Game I am in:

21. - Top - End - #231

**********My character concept may not be Beret Guy (For those who don't know, Beret Guy is basically Elan if all of Elan's Insane Troll Logic actually gave him the abilities he thinks it will.)
    Spoiler: Beret Guy Power Examples
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232

HalflingRogueGirl

*The Red Wizards are not waiting for the Legendary Super Thayan.
    **He most certainly would not have flowing blond locks while casting spells.
    ***Bards may not tell tales of how the Super Thayan protects Faerűn from evil.
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    are you asking us to do research into a setting you wrote yourself?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

********** Irregular Webcomic is on a case by case basis.
    *********** Especially the annotations.

Show

24. - Top - End - #234

********** Irregular Webcomic is on a case by case basis.
    *********** Especially the annotations.
    ************Don't bother asking about Jane Goodall, the Paradox Frog, Kyros, or Mrs. Cake Steve

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

*There is no dwarven mining company named DeBeerds in DnD using strong arm tactics to control the world diamond supply and artificially inflate their prices.

**The rivalry between dwarves and orcs/goblins is not just a coverup for their hostile takeovers of new diamond deposits.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*An MtG setting now being a D&D setting does not mean my wizard can get extra spell slots via a black variety of a certain aquatic plant.
    **Nor can I sell such plants for exorbitant sums of money.
    ***Especially not if they’re just regular ones I’ve grown in water that had ink mixed in.
    Show

Gnomish proverb

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

* Yes, I can play a ranger focused on grappling.
    ** Crickey! What do you mean 'it's now banned'!?

Show

28. - Top - End - #238

SamuraiGuy

* Yes, I can play a ranger focused on grappling.
    ** Crickey! What do you mean 'it's now banned'!?
    I don't get the joke, but my pop-culture knowledge is limited. Care to explain?
    Game I am in:

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

I don't get the joke, but my pop-culture knowledge is limited. Care to explain?
    I'm fairly certain this is a Steve Irwin reference.

Edit:

*"Because the dice said 'no', but I thought this would be funnier" is not a good enough excuse for giving the players a full-blown hurricane when they where trying to merely summon a small storm as cover for some shenanigans.
    Last edited by DeTess; 2019-02-05 at 06:54 PM.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by Randuir View Post
    I'm fairly certain this is a Steve Irwin reference.
    I actually think that it is IWC's version of Steve Erwin, as it was mentioned upthread.