New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by Randuir View Post
    *"Because the dice said 'no', but I thought this would be funnier" is not a good enough excuse for giving the players a full-blown hurricane when they where trying to merely summon a small storm as cover for some shenanigans.
    **"Because I can" is also not a good reason for Hurricanes, Volcanoes, Floods, tornadoes, sudden and unexpected architectural activity, or sentient variations of the above (Just finished an anthology with 2 of the above. )
    Game I am in:
    Giants and Graveyards Red Hand of Doom as Enn (3.5 Changeling Rogue//Dark template/Beguiler) using Grod's awesome Giants and Graveyards fixes
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    3.5 is the English Language of gaming.
    Folklore and the Evil Eye - A Guide to The Dreamscarred Press Malefex Class

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

*Taunting the heroes as fey is expected
    ** Taunting the players as the DM is frowned upon
    *** I should not be surprised when the next time a fey trickster taunts the party, they either leave or they kill the trickster up front with their strongest attack.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

ME: "Okay, so I'm going to use a Steal action to plant an item on this self-righteous prick, and I get to activate it when I plant it because of a talent I have."
    GM: "What are you planting on him?"
    ME: "Immovable rod."
    GM: "Wait, he's a dragon. He's not wearing clothes. WHERE are you planting it?"
    ME: "Well I AM behind him..."
    GM: "You mean you're going to shove it up his-"
    ME: "Don't think of it as a steal action. Think of it as actualizing a metaphor."

* No longer allowed to actualize metaphors.
    I'm not an evil GM! Honest!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

*The Universal Stillpoint Rod may not make an appearance in the campai*CLANG* What the $&@% was that?!
    Spoiler: Playground Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Safety Sword View Post
    JAL_1138: Founding Member of the Paranoid Adventurer's Guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    - If it's something mortals were not meant to know, I've already found six different ways to blow myself and/or someone else up with it.
    Gnomish proverb

I use blue text for silliness and/or sarcasm. Do not take anything I say in blue text seriously, except for this sentence and the one preceding it.

5. - Top - End - #245

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    *Taunting the heroes as fey is expected
    ** Taunting the players as the DM is frowned upon
    *** I should not be surprised when the next time a fey trickster taunts the party, they either leave or they kill the trickster up front with their strongest attack.
    *I am not allowed to play fey
    **That includes changelings
    ***Particularly ebberon style changelings for the race, fey changeling personality.
    ****Not allowed to have more than 1 form of disguise self.
    Game I am in:
    Giants and Graveyards Red Hand of Doom as Enn (3.5 Changeling Rogue//Dark template/Beguiler) using Grod's awesome Giants and Graveyards fixes

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

* My secret identities are no longer allowed to have secret identities.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * My secret identities are no longer allowed to have secret identities.
    But what if your secret identity is as a crazy dude with lots of "secret identities" that are obviously just him in a different shirt? That way no one will suspect him as the secret identity of the superhero--everyone knows that Bob's really bad at disguise.
    Dawn of Hope: a 5e setting. http://wiki.admiralbenbo.org
    Rogue Equivalent Damage calculator, now prettier and more configurable!
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!
    NIH system 5e fork, very much WIP. Base github repo.
    NIH System PDF Up to date main-branch build version.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

*I may not forget to apply my level 4 and 5 HP after the time skip
    **may not proceed to tell the GM I'm outright dead after he crits me
    ***may not do this and only realize the math error after the session is done and everyone has done good rp mourning my character
    The first rule of gaming, before you have even chosen the game is and always should be

HAVE FUN

(FUN being defined as it is in dwarf fortress)

9. - Top - End - #249
    Halfling in the Playground

*We may no longer threaten the DM's sanity by throwing asteroids at the moon base.
    **Shooting rods of asteroid is unlikely
    ***Wait you can do what with shrink item?

10. - Top - End - #250

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by VelociRapture12 View Post
    *We may no longer threaten the DM's sanity by throwing asteroids at the moon base.
    **Shooting rods of asteroid is unlikely
    ***Wait you can do what with shrink item?
    ****You do not get to set what traits the Genesis spell gives you in your demiplane.
    *****No physics in D&D.
    ******Commoner Railgun is right out.
    Game I am in:

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

* There is no such thing as 'hobbit Steve Irwin's.
    ** 'just beautiful isn't it? Now these cave balrogs aren't as dangerous as the more well known mountain balrog...'

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Colossus in the Playground

*I cannot tell the new guy about the time that we gave Hagrid a bunch of legendary pokemon in the earshot of the GM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *I cannot tell the new guy about the time that we gave Hagrid a bunch of legendary pokemon in the earshot of the GM.
    **I may not wonder why it was a bad idea.

14. - Top - End - #254

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    **I may not wonder why it was a bad idea.
    Oh boy, here I go killing again

*May not quote stuff from previous threads.
    That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

*If we're playing a mostly freeform Megacrossover Game where each person has an Omnitrix or one of it's variants and can take any sentient alien creature in addition to the ones from the Ben 10 franchise, I may not have Saiyan or Kryptonian Forms as part of my original 10.
    **If I take the species that Captain Gantu from Lilo and Stitch is based on, I may not call that form "Lardass"
    ***Jumba's experiments are off limits for Alien Forms
    ****I may rename forms that Ben himself has.
    *****"Lycanthrope" is an acceptable rename for Blitzwolfer. "Loud Puppy" is not.
    ******My Alien Forms must be more than just Beating Sticks.
    *******If I take The Worst as an alien form, I can not rename him "Lardass"
    ********If I take "Equestrian Ponies" as an "Alien" each tribe counts as a diferant form.
    *********No Alicorns.
    **********As Digimon do not have DNA, nor have they methods of passing on geneitic information, I may not take one as an Alien Form. I'm not even sure how That'd work.
    ***********Okay, point made with Upgrade.
    ************If one of my forms is Raremon, I may not name that form "Lardass"
    *************Nobody is allowed to have Asari-Period.
    **************Okay, if Dimension hoping is happening, fantasy magic universes are okay sources for "aliens".
    ***************If one of my forms is a troll, I may not name it lardass.
    ****************No D&D style dragons unless your character is 12 or younger.
    *****************Taking a Timelord form will not give you your own TARDIS.
    ******************Ys, if your Omnitrix has the DNA Repair Funtion, it'll prevent your Timelord Form from having it's DNA Rewritten if you're formed to Regenerate.
    *******************Changing back to human does not reset your timelord forms Regenrations.
    ********************Okay, I'll buy Ultimate Timelords having infinite Regeneration Energy and short temporal jounts.
    *********************You need one more flaw to ad the Evolutionary Function to your Omnitrix.
    **********************I may not name my Timelord Form "Lardass".
    ***********************That doesn't even make sense.
    ************************I may desine U;timate Forms or Aliens, Ben 10 0r otherwise, that do not have them, but Such is subject to GM approval.
    *************************Ultimate Troll is not the Tarrasque.
    **************************I can not take one of Ben's ultimate forms as a regular Alien. Not even the ones that became real people.
    ***************************Ultimate Elves are not somehow more Androgenous than normal elves as their only change.

I Ended up with Acidwash(Juvenile Black Dragon), Warthide(Troll), Timelord(Self Explanatory), Lycanthrope(Renamed blitzwolfer), Aero Ace(Equestrian Pegasus), Shifter(uryuom), Tubaguts(Renamed The Worst), Humongusour, Fixit(Renamed Jury Rigg), Spiker(Argit's species). Five Ben 10 species, four strait from the watch, and 5 species from other works.

I'll keep you updated on how it goes.
    *Just becuase I can turn into a timelord does not mean I'm mandated to bea timelord as often as posisble.
    **The same applies to dragons
    ***I'm not to go "Ultimate" in every single fight.
    ****Seriously, normal Acidwash could have handled those mooks easily.
    When the party includes a has transformed into "Bruiser" forms, I'm not to assume my tiny "thinker" form just to be contrary.
    *I may not attempt to join the Justice League just to get Superman's DNA.
    **Seriously, they have an age limit.
    ***And only accept permanent residents of the DC Universe.
    ****No, adding Green Martian and Atlantian to my "DNA gather list does not count as finding a better reason to join.
    *In a Freeform mega crossover campaign, when one of the PCs somehow manages to become a Night Guard at Freddy Fazebear's Pizza, he is not allowed to reprogram the bots to sing the Power Rangers theme song.
    **Nor can he let in one of the Other PCs to do it for him.
    ***Five PCs can not comfortably fit in that one room.
    ****Not even if half of them use their Omnitrices to turn into smaller forms.
    *****Letting Jury Rig near haunted animatronics is a very bad Idea.
    ******Great, now they've been combined into a haunted miniature Voltron, happy know?
    *******This does not look like a job for Superman!
    ********Not allowed to call my Kryptonian form Superman.
    *********Not allowed to ask the GM what any of this has to do with collecting the DNA of sentient Species.
    **********May not throw the book at the GM when the animatrons turn out to be clockwork droids haunted by specters born from the fear and rage of the children murdered to provide their organics.
    ***********We are to wait until after we destroy the haunted clockwork droid voltron and then safely exited the building before we torch the place.

I swear to God, I'm not making that up.
    *I am to remember that there are better solutions to most of my problems then "turn into a dragon".
    **Those other solutions are not "turn into a hyper evolved dragon bred for War"
    ***The fact that I have 22 other forms is somehow relevant to this discussion.
    *After burning down the haunted pizzeria we were hired to guard, and the owners call the cops on us after we destroyed the evidence that it was haunted, I'm not to convince the cops to leave by turning into a Green Martian and threatening them with "The Probe".
    **I'm not allowed to turn into Fixit(Jury Rig) for the sake of building guns in the basement.
    ***The fact that I'm in two completely unrelated games playing as a preteen that builds functional firearms in his basement says an awful lot about me, doesn't it?
    *Under no circumstances is my Necromancer allowed to travel to a near Identical but alternate version of Equestria where the point of divergence is some great but unavoidable catastrophe, befriend the mane 6, convince them to allow themselves to be turned into Dracopyres* and then convince them to let my necromancer use them as Loci when he becomes a Lich.**
    **Just because this is a mega crossover game does not mean I can use magic and or technology that alters my body and soul to give myself any of the following powers: Sharingan, Byakugan, Mangekyo Sharingan, Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan, Rinnegan, Rinne Sharingan, Tenseigan, Unlimited Blade Works, Complete Immortality, omnipotence, or meat vision.
    ***Okay, just because my necromancer managed to combine the Sharingan and Byakugan in himself does not mean he can combine their most potent forms.
    ****I need a more Creative Name than "Rinnetenseigan"***
    *****Just because all the Pcs now have ungodly powers of their own does not mean they can stop using their Omnitrices.
    ******I may not give mine to Dracopyre Twilight.
    *******Azmuth will not build six more just for my pony-lici-getting him to put an evolutionary feature in mine in the first place was hard enough.
    ********May not use My Dracopyre Pony Loci as my six Paths
    *********May not use Asura Path to absorb my Omnitrix allowing both myself and my Asura Path to use it simultaneously.
    **********Dracopyre Pinke Pie can not be my Asura Path. She's dangerous enough without built in missiles.
    ***********MAy not have Asura Path turn into Greymatter and try to work the master control on mine.
    ************Seriously, no master control.
    *************We are so far of the rails right now, guys.
    **************I'm not allowed to make fantasy/scifi geeks as pcs anymore.
    ***************Seriously, the twelve year old geek with the ponies should not be the most terrifying PC.

Mega Crossover games get weird fast.

*A mixture of dragon, Vampire, and Werewolf. The original, Wolfwing, was a Werepyre that was half dragon on top of that, but the rest of them are more even mixtures. hybrid nature results in diluted power, so a young dracopye is no stronger than a vampire or werewolf of the same age, but they'll be significantly more powerful after a few centuries.
    **In AQ, a Lich is a necromancer who turns themselves into any kind of sentient free willed undead and then rips out and binds part of their anima, life force(not soul) to objects to create phylacteries. a Locus is an other undead creature being used as a phylactery.
    ***The Strongest Form of the Sharingan is the Rinnegan-Rinne is the japanese word for Samsara, the cycle of Reincarnation believed in by Hindus and Buddhists. The ultimate form of the Byakugan is called Tenseigan, and tensei literally means reincarnation. So "Rinnetenseigan" literally means "cycle of Reincarnation reincarnation eye"
    *My twelve year old Rinnegan+Tenseian wielding, ultimatrix bearing, dracopyre pony phylactery/path having, master necromancer -lich can not use the groups dimensional travel device to head to gallifrey hours before or after the Doctor stole his TARDIS and grab one of the other TARDIS's that were in that Junkyard just so my Timelord Form can have a TARDIS.
    **Especially since ultimate Timelord's can travel through time just fine without one.
    ***Species with native magical powers disrupt learned magic, so assuming them leaves you unable to use spells or chakra.
    ****The fact that Acid Wash is a Dracolich now means I have no excuse for complaining about that.

The scary part is, even though mine is the scariest, mine is not the most dangerous.
    *Adding House Elves to the list of sentient species in our Omnitrices is a permissible reason for going to Hogwarts
    **At least we'll actually be doing what the game was set out to do this time.
    ***May not bribe Professor Mcgonagall with catnip when we get caught breaking into the castle.
    ****Just because as a Lich with 6 Dracopyre Loci means Im immortal does not mean I can offer to use Rinne Tensei to resurrect all of the ghosts.
    *****May not use Juken to make Sir Nicholas all the way headless.
    ******You idn't even take the time to learn Juken while you were there, dumbass.
    *******May not us my omnitrix's jailbroken DNA scan function in order to make myself a HP style Wizard on top of all the other stuff.
    ********No one else is allowed to do so either.
    *********May not steal the Elder Wand from Dumbledore.
    **********MAy not let Dracopyre Rarity wreck havoc with the students' wardrobes
    ***********Or the staff's.
    ************I don't want to know how she managed to get that dress to stay on the Bloody Baron.
    *************"Wait, which book are we in, timeline wise" was the first thing we should have asked.
    **************Just because my PC has read all seven books and thus knows exactly what's under the Turban does not mean he can barge into the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, rip said turban off, and Brag to Tommy-boy that "I did it better"
    ***************May not introduce Dracopyre Fluttershy to Fluffy.
    ****************MAy introduce her to Hagrid at my own risk.
    *****************No matter how much she begs, I may not use the jail broken DNA scanner to copy the magic genes into Dracopyre Twilight Sparkle.
    ******************She's already got all three kinds of Pony Magic, Lorean Magic, Ninjutsu and Genjutsu,the powers of the Deva Path, and she controls the Truth Seeker Spheres when you enter Tenseigan Chakra Mode. She doesn't need anymore kinds of magic.
    *******************May not have her enrolled as a Hogwarts Student.
    ********************The whole Metal Connection due to the Six Path's technique thing sort of makes the Sorting hard.
    *********************Griffonslytherpuffleclaw is not a Hogwarts house.
    **********************When the other PCs decide to steal the Philosopher's stone themselves, may not neglect to remind them that the Mirror of Erised will stop them from getting it.
    ***********************"We already screwed up the timeline" is no excuse for murdering Dolores Umbridge.
    ************************Especially since "She's Umbridge" is the only excuse I need.
    *************************May not trap Vapourmort in a jar and force him to open the Chamber of Secrets, just so I can subjugate the Basalisk and turn it into an Animal Path Summon.
    **************************Though Admittedly, using Rinnegan Illusions combined with The Stare to subdue it was a genius plan.
    ***************************Since we've apparently decided "f*** canon", I should break Serious Black out of Azkaban 2 years early after capturing Wormtail.
    ****************************...GM call, Dementors aren't sapient enough to qualify for the Omnitrix.
    *****************************May not kill Vernon Dursley in broad daylight in the middle of his office.
    ******************************May not let Dracopyre Applejack loose in the Orchards around the Burrow and forget her there. More than once.
    *******************************Turning into Acid Wash where Hagrid could see was a horribly irresponsible thing to do.
    ********************************May not take advantage of DP Fluttershy's friendship with Hagrid to ask for an escort to meet Aragog, for the sole purpose of adding Acromantulas to the repertoire of species in my Omnitrix.
    *********************************While that is why Azmuth sent us on this trip through the omniverse, the fact that I only want is so that DP Rarity can make nice clothing out of Acromantula silk is, while a nice gesture to one of the horrifically traumatized ponies I've befriended, a rather trivial use of that technology.
    **********************************Ultimate Acromantulas do not have silk that is 10 times as fancy when used to make clothes.
    ***********************************Wait, where have DP Pinkie Pie and DP Rainbow Dash been while we were doing all of this?
    ************************************Letting those two meet and team up with the Weasley Twins was a horribly irresponsible thing to do.
    *************************************"I lost track of them" is no excuse when I can see out of their eyes.
    **************************************I'm lucky that the castle is still there.
    ***************************************The Party is over when the Auror's show up.
    ****************************************They showed up becuase you broke Sirius Black out of prison and never got around to proving his innocence.
    *****************************************May not duel three Dozen Aurors and Hit Wizards to a standstill.
    ******************************************Should probably go down the trap door and get the others before they starve to death trying to figure out how to get the Stone out of the Mirror.
    *******************************************May not retroactively declare the plan to add House Elves to our list of species "Operation: Cluster****
    ********************************************May not use Genjutsu to successfully sue the Ministry of Magic for false arrested and assault.
    *********************************************Point ing out that my 12 year old PC is nowhere near the most powerful or the most insane made Dumbledore piss himself. When we make somebody on Dumbledore's level pisses himself, it's time to tone things down.
    **********************************************May not insist on getting a Gringotts Goblin in the watches before leaving. We had a chance to do that and we blew it.

This is the most fun I've ever had in rules light game, and I swear I'm not making any of this up.
    It was in this hotmess. I'd have had more but this was all the forum let me quote.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2019-02-26 at 01:56 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #255

*Forthwith, I am forbidden to ask the DM if the dragon has lair actions.
    **"He does now."
    ***My city watch background will not be advantageous in this encounter.
    ****The dragon will not submit to arrest.
    *****Even if the manacles could conceivably bind his thumbs.
    ******There is no point in soliciting a bribe.
    *******As we have been dutifully charged with the slaying of said dragon, the actual means of killing him shall not be considered police brutality.

16. - Top - End - #256

DrowGuy

* there is no such thing as gnomish battle vuvuzelas.
    ** no, they don't require AAA batteries and a 675 page user manual.
    *** quit telling the bard tall tales to make him drool on the table.
    **** again.

* roller skates don't exist in pathfinder, no matter how many gnomes, artificers, engineers, or wizards i bribe.
    ** if by some miracle i create roller skates, i may not immediately transform them into rocket roller skates and strap them to livestock.
    *** "but c'mon, it'd be frickin' hilarious!" is not a valid argument in favor of terminal velocity bull charges.

* cow bombs? i'm gonna get fragged by like, ALL the druids.
    ** the only way to weaponize livestock is to add battle barding to them. not use them as trebuchet ammo.
    *** despite historical precedent.
    **** do i have weapon proficiency "siege weaponry"? no? no trebuchet, livestock ammo, or cow bombs. end of discussion.
    ***** ESPECIALLY INDOORS!!

Spoiler
    Show
    by the way, this character is supposed to be chaotic good. not chaotic collateral damage, sez the dm
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    regarding my choice of sustenance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    I'm going to judge you.
    My judgement is: That is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”
    dm is Miltonian, credit where credit is due.

when in doubt,
    Ask the beret wearing insect men of Athas.

17. - Top - End - #257

*I may no longer create Coffee-lock NPC's.
    *I Definitely may not create a Coffee-lock PC
    *And I "Definitely" may not stitch the two of them to create a PC/NPC hybrid with (2x)unlimited spell slots.
    A diamond necklace played the pawn
    Hand in hand some drummed along, oh
    To a handsome man and baton (Bygone, bygone)
    A blind class aristocracy
    Back through the opera glass you see
    The pit and the pendulum drawn (Bygone, bygone)
    Columnated ruins domino

My avatar was made by a very lovely chap by the name of smutmulch. That was very cool of them.

18. - Top - End - #258

DrowGuy

* rocket launchers are not "standard military dress" and under no circumstance will that warrant a court-martial.
    ** even if the warmaster of the group went into a warzone with only a pistol.
    *** giving him my shotgun and calling his .50 cal pea-shooter derogatory names for being underpowered is just too much insult to his overblown ego.
    **** unfortunately, my wit does not have a weapon stat block.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.
    GM: “If it doesn't move and it should, use duct tape. If it moves and it shouldn't, use a shotgun.”

when in doubt,

19. - Top - End - #259

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    ** if by some miracle i create roller skates, i may not immediately transform them into rocket roller skates and strap them to livestock.
    *** "but c'mon, it'd be frickin' hilarious!" is not a valid argument in favor of terminal velocity bull charges.

* cow bombs? i'm gonna get fragged by like, ALL the druids.
    ** the only way to weaponize livestock is to add battle barding to them. not use them as trebuchet ammo.
    *** despite historical precedent.
    **** do i have weapon proficiency "siege weaponry"? no? no trebuchet, livestock ammo, or cow bombs. end of discussion.
    ***** ESPECIALLY INDOORS!!

Spoiler
    Show
    by the way, this character is supposed to be chaotic good. not chaotic collateral damage, sez the dm
    Antigonus II Gonatus deems your character to be an amateur.

https://www.militaryfactory.com/anci...incendiary-pig

20. - Top - End - #260

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    Antigonus II Gonatus deems your character to be an amateur.

https://www.militaryfactory.com/anci...incendiary-pig
    you are awesome. that is all.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

* I am no longer allowed to refer to the "Curse of Strahd" D&D adventure as 'a low budget Paranoia ripoff'.

** Certainly not allowed to name D&D characters something like 'FireFred-BURN-3'.

*** May no longer win at D&D by referencing old horror movies, TvTropes horror movies pages, and setting everything on fire.

**** The backup vat of acid, because there are sure to be fire immune enemies, should not exceed 9 cubic yards and should not be more effective than half the party at solving social encounters.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    * I am no longer allowed to refer to the "Curse of Strahd" D&D adventure as 'a low budget Paranoia ripoff'.

** Certainly not allowed to name D&D characters something like 'FireFred-BURN-3'.

*** May no longer win at D&D by referencing old horror movies, TvTropes horror movies pages, and setting everything on fire.

**** The backup vat of acid, because there are sure to be fire immune enemies, should not exceed 9 cubic yards and should not be more effective than half the party at solving social encounters.
    ***** You should not have a second back up that is the equivalent of high explosive and a third back up which is just a way to create a gate from the sea of holy water to the place with stuff to flood

23. - Top - End - #263

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    ***** You should not have a second back up that is the equivalent of high explosive and a third back up which is just a way to create a gate from the sea of holy water to the place with stuff to flood
    ****** Bags of flour? Sure. Flour dust clouds, okay... Sparks and a google search? no.
    http://www.mnopedia.org/event/washbu...explosion-1878
    Game I am in:

24. - Top - End - #264

*Any plan that's dependant on eating thousands of souls probably doesn't leave me as the good guy.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #265

Quote Originally Posted by PastorofMuppets View Post
    *There is no dwarven mining company named DeBeerds in DnD using strong arm tactics to control the world diamond supply and artificially inflate their prices.
    They're doing it for the greater good! There's a finite amount of diamond, especially easily accessible diamond, on the Prime Material, and every time someone casts a raise dead, resurrection, or restoration spell, some of it is permanently and irrevocably destroyed. But the amount needed for material components is determined by value, not by mass, so by artificially inflating the price of diamond, DeBeerds reduces the actual amount of it required for casting spells, and so helps to stave off "peak diamond".

DeBeerds also sponsors most of the legendary dwarven gemcutters, whose art likewise increases the price per weight of diamond.

Next time you die, and the cleric only needs a couple of fancy cut stones to bring you back instead of a bushel basket full of carbon gravel, you can thank DeBeerds.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

* Animal sacrifices do not increase the power of Cleric spells.
    ** Or grant bonus spell slots.
    *** May no longer use the sacrifices as a substitute Rogue.
    **** Or to draw enemies away.
    ***** Or as an explosive delivery system.
    ****** Or as cover.
    ******* Or as flankers.
    ******** I may no longer buy 200 goats before going to the dungeon.

Show

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ettin in the Playground

* Animal sacrifices do not increase the power of Cleric spells.
    ** Or grant bonus spell slots.
    *** May no longer use the sacrifices as a substitute Rogue.
    **** Or to draw enemies away.
    ***** Or as an explosive delivery system.
    ****** Or as cover.
    ******* Or as flankers.
    ********* buying 10000 chickens is not valid either.

28. - Top - End - #268

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    ****** Bags of flour? Sure. Flour dust clouds, okay... Sparks and a google search? no.
    http://www.mnopedia.org/event/washbu...explosion-1878
    no kidding, i actually employed that to get out of an encounter that went pear-shaped for us. we were playing whfrp2e and were in a bakery: on one side, nurgle cultists. on the other, and blocking the exit, a plaguebearer. judging our chances as "nil", i kicked up a flour dust storm and lit my lighter, judging "catastrophic explosion and firestorm" as slightly less lethal than our current predicament. we didn't get out intact, but we managed to run out of a blown-out wall singed, sore, and alive. the cultists died on the spot, and the plaguebearer chased us slowly for a few turns before disappearing back into the winds of magic.

the dm was so impressed he didn't even ban that tactic, he really thought we were about to tpk.

********* buying 10000 chickens is not valid either.
    that, however, i am banned. just like i'm banned most animal summons, over traps or not. now, this isn't me, but it was from a teammate.

*summoning blue whales in tight dungeon corridors to shut off pursuit? not fair play at all. also alignment shifts.
    Show
    I'm going to judge you.

when in doubt,

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Guizonde View Post
    no kidding, i actually employed that to get out of an encounter that went pear-shaped for us. we were playing whfrp2e and were in a bakery: on one side, nurgle cultists. on the other, and blocking the exit, a plaguebearer. judging our chances as "nil", i kicked up a flour dust storm and lit my lighter, judging "catastrophic explosion and firestorm" as slightly less lethal than our current predicament. we didn't get out intact, but we managed to run out of a blown-out wall singed, sore, and alive. the cultists died on the spot, and the plaguebearer chased us slowly for a few turns before disappearing back into the winds of magic.

the dm was so impressed he didn't even ban that tactic, he really thought we were about to tpk.

that, however, i am banned. just like i'm banned most animal summons, over traps or not. now, this isn't me, but it was from a teammate.

*summoning blue whales in tight dungeon corridors to shut off pursuit? not fair play at all. also alignment shifts.
    As a general rule I've found out that pulling out such tactics when a tpk looks likely not only doesn't get them banned, but also gives them a decent chance of succeeding. However pulling out such tactics when everything is fine results in shifty looks, and the plan either banned or stopped working via something that you didn't know about but of course was there all along.

Show

30. - Top - End - #270

*Taking your adopted daughter to murder the people who recently pissed the two you off doesn't count as a mother-daughter picknick.
    **Not even if you're planning to eat them after you kill them.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks