Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Default Tales of the Library [D&d 3.5]

Tales of the library

Once upon a time in a far far away city, in the middle of the desert, the city was mourning, the Grand Vizier has been killed on one of his journeys. The city was struck and amongst them, the Vizier’s nephew was the one who missed his grandfather the most, his grandfather used to tell tales to him, and he is always imagined of living those tales, but with his Gran gone, no more tales, and no more daydreaming. Some days after his death the Nephew (named Ali) received a package, there was his Grandfather’s seal, without thinking too much the package was opened, inside there was a key with a parchment and written in an amazing and elaborated style there was this riddle:

“I give to you this Key,
    Never sell it for a golden ring.
    Remember what I told,
    Because you will behold
    Magics, swords, and fears,
    But never broke in tears.

Follow me, mark my words,
    “behind the birds
    Lit the fire,
    And fulfill all of your desires”.

The youngster thought about this riddle for a long time and one day he decided to go to his Grandfather’s rooms, the rooms were full of dust, no one went there for a long time, his room was still all furnished , and all of the furniture was ancient and belongs to distant places, it was amazing he was never allowed to go in his rooms, after some wanderings he found a door, without hesitation he opened it
    The smell of old books struck his nose, and instantly the room was filled with lights, he was amazed by the number of books, parchments and exotic objects which filled the room.
    There was a painting that catches his attention, his Grandfather amongst… adventurers? They look like exactly like the character in Grandfather's tales he looks to the painting very carefully.
    He starts to read anything he could, a lot of tomes were written in strange languages, amongst all of this stuff a particular chest got his attention, it was brilliantly crafted, the wood was brown and soft on each side of the chest two wooden birds stood, he recognizes the birds, phoenixes, he remembered the riddle , so without hesitation he set the birds on fire and the chest magically opened, inside the chest a lamp he rubbed it and a magical Genie appeared.
    “Greetings Master, I will fulfill all of your desires”
    Amazed he spoke:
    “I want to live my Grandfather, adventures!”

Spoiler
    Show

Game : D&d 3.5
    Number of Player : 3 up to 5
    Game Style : Fairy tales, humorus, adventurous episode based with a major plot inside every episode.
    Set : Faerun (with minor changes)
    Pantheon : Faerun , Nordic ,Greek - Roman
    Wealth : 100 gp (no exception)
    Multiclassing : no Exp malus
    Flaws and Traits : 1 flaw possible and 2 traits possible
    Character Start level : 1st, 28 point buy
    Character Sheets : Mythweavers
    Allowed content : any if 3.5 official manual, no psion and no magazines, only official manuals, no powerplay, keep it simple, keep it fun, character's ideas will be discussed.
    Backstory : 1 - 2 Paragraphs. Backstories are interesting, also episodes may rise from backstories or unresolved tasks in backstories., writing a backstories is not necessary but appreciated
    Alignment : any non evil.
    Roll : i will perform all the rolling, you just put under a spoiler your modifier
    Plane Travel : possible but the lore on how to plane travel is lost, it might be necessary to find out how.
    Material Planes : other than Faerun it exists other very far away continents like Eberron , i will introduce them if it is necessary

Important : i will introduce an NPC since the start of the campaign He will join you , and somehow help, he will not be a Deus exMachina, the player need to manage all the fights and all the riddles, dungeon , this NPC it would be as useful as a fork for eating a soup, but it is necessary for storytelling and for the story itself, it would be based on an NPC class as described in DM manual 3.5

player which will not reply or disappear will be kicked out and replaced, I will try to replay as fast as I can, during the weekend i may not reply I will try my best, for any problem (quitting or long absences or want to change character or anything do not hesitate to PM me) .

Also my English is not perfect so I apologize in advance for any mistake.

P.s. a powerplayer is someone which ruin the experience of the other players, and one who will exploit all the game combo to become a damage cannon, or a god at low level, I prefer role playing players.

Players submitted :

Samduke --> Pepper (Reviewed)
    Farothel --> Thelia (Reviewed)
    Amanamana --> Gunnar (Reviewed)
    Bartmanhomer --> Sarah (Reviewed)
    Sandmote --> Jeremi Weber (Reviewed)
    Schismatic -->

Interest deadline : 12/10/18
    Character submission deadline : 12/15/18
    Last edited by Hugh_fromrome; 2018-11-28 at 11:34 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Tales of the Library [D&d 3.5]

interested
    Edit
    I present Pepper
    Last edited by samduke; 2018-11-20 at 10:40 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

I'm interested. Maybe a explorer type... Starting as a Rogue, Scout or Factotum, but aiming to multiclass in a fighting class (Duskblade, probably). A jack of all trades kind of guy, but more into dungeon delving and lore and less in social skills.

Cheers.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by amanamana View Post
    I'm interested. Maybe an explorer type... Starting as a Rogue, Scout or Factotum, but aiming to multiclass in a fighting class (Duskblade, probably). A jack of all trades kind of guy, but more into dungeon delving and lore and less in social skills.

Cheers.
    You can Start with one level of one of them (Rogue, Scout or Factotum) and then continue with multiclassing, (I assume you know the rules) we might need to find a reason On game on why you are going to adopt another class, you might develop the new ability by yourself or you might need a master to teach you, we will figure it out the best solution for both.

As I have explained the campaign will be roleplaying (most of it) with the right amount of fighting, based on how the party is composed.

let me know if you are interested

5. - Top - End - #5

HalflingRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh_fromrome View Post
    You can Start with one level of one of them (Rogue, Scout or Factotum) and then continue with multiclassing, (I assume you know the rules) we might need to find a reason On game on why you are going to adopt another class, you might develop the new ability by yourself or you might need a master to teach you, we will figure it out the best solution for both.

As I have explained the campaign will be roleplaying (most of it) with the right amount of fighting, based on how the party is composed.

let me know if you are interested
    I'm familiar with the rules. I imagine that he would already been studying the skills for his next level, if that's OK with you. He would have been exposed to teaching and lore about the incoming class and would be training in any spare time. As soon as I get a sheet together, I will explain it in the background. With that defined, his second level would be either the specific multiclass or another level of the same class, no deviations. That's how I would usually work as a DM in this situations.

Cheers.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

I'm familiar with the rules. I imagine that he would already been studying the skills for his next level, if that's OK with you. He would have been exposed to teaching and lore about the incoming class and would be training in any spare time. As soon as I get a sheet together, I will explain it in the background. With that defined, his second level would be either the specific multiclass or another level of the same class, no deviations. That's how I would usually work as a DM in this situations.

Cheers.
    So he has been exposed to teaching and now he is training by himself (I prefer this one), yes please explain in the background why he would like to master both classes and why he would train by himself, for managing the next level we have plenty of time to think about it, for now just made your character with the first level (Rogue, Scout or Factotum) later we will decide if going for another level or multiclassing from the second level.

is it ok for you ?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

notation on multiclassing, Pepper has plans on multiclassing also but not until around level 6-7 and then again around level 12 presuming this to go a full 20 levels

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    notation on multiclassing, Pepper has plans on multiclassing also but not until around level 6-7 and then again around level 12 presuming this to go a full 20 levels
    ok, are you still thinking on how to develop your character or you have already plans for it?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

sorta preplanned

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I would like to express interest. I have a young elven cleric, who's raised in the temple and has now been sent out to discover more of the world. She's a bit naive and a bit of a book worm (I plan on multiclassing to loremaster at one point).

I can create the character sheet in the coming days, but there is one thing: I'll be out with limited internet access from the 19th of December until the 6th of January. I hope this is not a big issue. I normally will have internet access, but it might be limited.
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by farothel View Post
    I would like to express interest. I have a young elven cleric, who's raised in the temple and has now been sent out to discover more of the world. She's a bit naive and a bit of a book worm (I plan on multiclassing to loremaster at one point).

I can create the character sheet in the coming days, but there is one thing: I'll be out with limited internet access from the 19th of December until the 6th of January. I hope this is not a big issue. I normally will have internet access, but it might be limited.

Hi ,

for cleric and loremaster, is ok, you can start creating your character, as for the 19/12 until 6th of january, I think is not a problem for the game since those days are Christmas days.

Cheers

12. - Top - End - #12

HalflingRangerGuy

So he has been exposed to teaching and now he is training by himself (I prefer this one), yes please explain in the background why he would like to master both classes and why he would train by himself, for managing the next level we have plenty of time to think about it, for now just made your character with the first level (Rogue, Scout or Factotum) later we will decide if going for another level or multiclassing from the second level.

is it ok for you ?
    I'm fine with that. My Human Factotum 1 is almost ready. Any information on setting so I can work it in the background? Are we in Faerun? This desert and Vizier stuff makes me think of Calimshan... Is there any information we should know as players to make the characters more suited to the campaign (that's usually how I roll as a DM)?

Cheers.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

I'm fine with that. My Human Factotum 1 is almost ready. Any information on setting so I can work it in the background? Are we in Faerun? This desert and Vizier stuff makes me think of Calimshan... Is there any information we should know as players to make the characters more suited to the campaign (that's usually how I roll as a DM)?

Cheers.
    i've sent you a PM

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

what region do we start the game in? Or can we pick any region?

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

what region do we start the game in? Or can we pick any region?
    for the background you can pick any region , for the game starting you will start in Fireshear (see faerun map)

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    interested
    Edit
    I present Pepper
    I've had a look at Pepper to see for my own character as it's been quite a while since I played Forgotten Realms (I have the books, that's no problem, but it's easy to miss something). In your character sheet I noticed in 4 feats: FF, CF, RF and 01. I assume that 01 is the first level feat, but what do the others mean? Or is it something fighter specific?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

This map of Fireshear might help some

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Another question: in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, there is some equipment listed under each region, which is in addition to any other equipment you get. In the big 16 you say a 100gp limit. Does this equipment gets added in that, or is it separate, or are we not using this rule?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

I've had a look at Pepper to see for my own character as it's been quite a while since I played Forgotten Realms (I have the books, that's no problem, but it's easy to miss something). In your character sheet I noticed in 4 feats: FF, CF, RF and 01. I assume that 01 is the first level feat, but what do the others mean? Or is it something fighter specific?

as far as I remembered 1 feat is for the first level, 1 feat is for Human race, 1 feat bonus for fighter, 1 feat is for compensating the Flaws, samduke could confirm this.

you can also use the map that Sam posted, I'm working to minor changes, but as a guide it might works

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Another question: in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting, there is some equipment listed under each region, which is in addition to any other equipment you get. In the big 16 you say a 100gp limit. Does this equipment gets added in that, or is it separate, or are we not using this rule?
    100 gp is the limit. if you want you can buy the region equipment

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateWench

by the book RAW - feats are -
    Flaw Feats or level 0 - when allowed by gm
    Racial or level 0
    Creation or level 0
    General feats every 3 levels
    Misc. Bonus when granted by the appropriate source/item

22. - Top - End - #22
    Firbolg in the Playground

DrowGuy

Are lesser Drow allowed in this game?

23. - Top - End - #23

DrowGuy

Here's my character Sarah Diamond

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1101461

24. - Top - End - #24

HalflingRangerGuy

My character is ready: Gunnar of Miner's Pass, sidekick extraordinaire. A completely unremarkable lad, with a head full of questionable trivia and some odd useful knowledge. He is usually quiet, but can answer any question you throw at him... and sometimes he's even right.

Cheers.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd like to submit Jeremi Weber. This would be my first 3.5e game, so I likely have errors on my character sheet.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by sandmote View Post
    I'd like to submit Jeremi Weber. This would be my first 3.5e game, so I likely have errors on my character sheet.
    Hi i saw your character, but is missing some background, why he would travel ? what is its story ? i need something, please let me know if you are going to write something or i can write it for you , some generic backstory

27. - Top - End - #27
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hi i saw your character, but is missing some background, why he would travel ? what is its story ? i need something, please let me know if you are going to write something or i can write it for you , some generic backstory
    I'll make him a migrant worker. Fits nicely between starting in Fireshear and the character concept from when I was first making sense of 3.5e.

Edit: I'll likely fill in more as the game continues, I just prefer to start fairly light.
    Last edited by sandmote; 2018-11-22 at 12:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

DrowGuy

Thanks for adding me into your game. I just really hope that this game won't die down.

Do you allowed Spell Compendium book for variety of spells in this game?
    Last edited by Bartmanhomer; 2018-11-22 at 12:35 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Here's my sheet.
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1759093

Looking at the other sheets it looks as if we don't have really combat monsters, but a lot of people with knowledge skills. Well, with a campaign called Tales of the library it's not surprising

@Samduke: I noticed you have NE as allignment. Should be fun with a CG cleric.

30. - Top - End - #30

DrowGuy

And I would also like to add that Samduke deity is Eilistraee. I don't think a Chaotic Good Drow Deity would accept a Neutral Evil alignment unless deities and alignment doesn't matter regardless.