Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: (OOC) New Orleans by Night CtL 2E

Along with what I discussed via PM, I will endevore today to go through the main rulebook and the new Kith and Kin to help find the best type of Oath for what you two were doing. The core book's oath selection was very frustratingly limited, but Kith and Kin is supposed to have a better selection, I just haven't had time... or a real reason to read through it yet.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Along with what I discussed via PM, I will endevore today to go through the main rulebook and the new Kith and Kin to help find the best type of Oath for what you two were doing. The core book's oath selection was very frustratingly limited, but Kith and Kin is supposed to have a better selection, I just haven't had time... or a real reason to read through it yet.
    It could literally also just be the two of us binding ourselves to our word.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome dark heresy inquisitor avatar by Emperor Ing

Gender bended avatar by Emperor Ing

.... in her party dress, also by Emperor Ing

Epic imperial Guardsman by The Architect

Youtube Account:Here.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Ya, I mean I am totally fine with it being a non-mechanical interaction if you guys want. I simply meant the pledge system as it's laid out in 2E needed some tooling and if you wanted to use it, I would look up what was in the update.

Any thoughts about my prior post regarding continuing to play out Lily's scene in the hedge contiguous to Emma's. As previously mentioned, I have no problem with doing them both and I don't think you have to worry about significant problems with time warp.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Rolling to see if know his motley or have contact info

Wits 3 + Socialize 1, with no City Status (and I assume Mantle doesn't count, despite sorta implying status with my Court/Freehold)
    (4d10)[9][3][9][9](30)
    EDIT: wow, that was a good roll
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2020-07-31 at 10:46 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Rolling to see if know his motley or have contact info

Wits 3 + Socialize 1, with no City Status (and I assume Mantle doesn't count, despite sorta implying status with my Court/Freehold)
    [roll0]
    EDIT: wow, that was a good roll
    That is quite a lot of.... NEIN.
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Hey, sorry for the delay. For what it is worth, I've posted about recruitment in a few discord servers specific to Onyxpath and Chronicles of Darkness games, which have shown a bit of interest and may net us some potential new players... no promises of course.

On further review, if I understand the plan regarding Lilly's plan, she wants to go to the Goblin Market and make a deal of sorts with a hobgoblin promising a favor in exchange for information on the Hallow's Eve contract?

I believe this can be accomplished simply with an act of Sealing, which is described mechanically on page 210 of the core Changeling book. Again, Hemnon, if you are up for it, I think we should just run Lilly's scene simultaneously. I don't know if you saw it, but I already have an IC post describing her trip into The Tumbledown Market.

@JL: That was a pretty darn good roll. I don't know if you want to do this, but you could push your luck and spend and WP for an extra 3d10 to go for an exceptional success. I am going to go out on a limb and assume that you don't feel like gambling that much and will post IC, but if you change your mind I can always "update"/retcon my post.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

@JL: That was a pretty darn good roll. I don't know if you want to do this, but you could push your luck and spend and WP for an extra 3d10 to go for an exceptional success. I am going to go out on a limb and assume that you don't feel like gambling that much and will post IC, but if you change your mind I can always "update"/retcon my post.
    It doesn't seem worth a willpower, so having 2 out of 3 contacts sounds good... though maybe it's the third alone that could actually answer I forget which of the old motley were in the Hedge and which not (not that Emma has much clue IC, of course)
    Also, on Monday, I hope to look up and read that page number you posted. Maybe earlier, as time allows.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hey, sorry for the delay. For what it is worth, I've posted about recruitment in a few discord servers specific to Onyxpath and Chronicles of Darkness games, which have shown a bit of interest and may net us some potential new players... no promises of course.

On further review, if I understand the plan regarding Lilly's plan, she wants to go to the Goblin Market and make a deal of sorts with a hobgoblin promising a favor in exchange for information on the Hallow's Eve contract?

I believe this can be accomplished simply with an act of Sealing, which is described mechanically on page 210 of the core Changeling book. Again, Hemnon, if you are up for it, I think we should just run Lilly's scene simultaneously. I don't know if you saw it, but I already have an IC post describing her trip into The Tumbledown Market.

Gimme the weekend out and I should hopefully have a more stable sleep schedule. Been trying my damndest to get functional levels of sleep that doesn't leave me awake all night and sleep most of the day away.
    I'll initially post that she goes straight for The Tumbledown Market, of course, skipping on the travel there, transitioning straight to her arriving there... if that's fine with you?
    Awesome avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'll initially post that she goes straight for The Tumbledown Market, of course, skipping on the travel there, transitioning straight to her arriving there... if that's fine with you?
    Sorry for the delay in reply... I too needed a little bit of time off this weekend. I actually already "moved" her to the market based on your prior posts. See post 958 on page 32.

If you feel ready to post, I'd invite you to respond to that description.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Will be looking at IC posting later today (after what should be a loooong day of work). But for what it's worth, it looks like we have a potential new player in the Changeling Recruitment thread!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

If you guys have the time, I think we are going to go forward with recruiting Haval as the third player. Take a look at what he is working on in the recruitment thread, and maybe discuss with him a shared motley background, shared merits ect.
    Show