New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords OOC

Shalelu still has 25/50 charges in her CLW wand, so there is no shortage of healing if you are willing to zap it. Shalelu is not all too eager to abandon guarding the rope bridge, but is willing to go with the majority's plan.

What (if anything) do you do about:
    - the dog, which is on the beach under the cliff on the mainland side
    - the man, which is unconscious in the kennel
    - the goblins, which were seen outside the walls, but not chased
    - the goblin babies, which are currently unattended in their cages

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Shalelu still has 25/50 charges in her CLW wand, so there is no shortage of healing if you are willing to zap it. Shalelu is not all too eager to abandon guarding the rope bridge, but is willing to go with the majority's plan.

What (if anything) do you do about:
    - the dog, which is on the beach under the cliff on the mainland side
    - the man, which is unconscious in the kennel
    - the goblins, which were seen outside the walls, but not chased
    - the goblin babies, which are currently unattended in their cages
    You had to bring up the babies, just to make things complicated right?

How about

- give babies to goblins, send them on their way
    - if Rover is about, helps to guard bridge/ courtyard/ Shalelu

were there some cells downstairs somewhere? I can't recall, but that might solve some problems (man + Nualia)

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, there's a full-fledged prison, complete with cells and a torture chamber. You have the keys.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

Agreed, once we release the goblin women and their kids, the few warriors milling about should be busy getting them away from here.
    Semper ludens.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

I agree with everyone else. If we give the goblin women the babies and then kick them all out they can gather with the other goblins. With their chief, druid and most of the warriors dead I don't think the tribe poses much of a threat anymore. But this weird island thats a THassalonian tomb seems a bigger risk.

THe man could just be locked up with Nualia and then we can take them both back to Sandpoint to face justice after making sure there is nothing else here. The dog seemed friendly, if we can find some ropes we can recover the pet and get him to help guard the prisoners
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Is there a way to deplete the runewell without creating sinspawn? Adalbert would be willing to go as far as temporary attribute damage/donating blood or whatever for that, even delving into [evil] spells.

Did we find Tobyn's bones with Nualia?

Does Nualia seem content in her situation right now? Like "they caught me but my master plan continues" content.
    Yes, there is another way the wrath of the runewell could be spent, it is by enraging the creatures coming into contact with the runewell, though this is said to deplete it less quickly. Affected creatures attack everyone in sight, but the effect is supposed to be temporary. There is no research regarding long-lasting effects of repeated exposure.

You found the ashes on the altar. In roughly appropriate amount, if you account for supernatural fire.

Nualia seemed to have some hope in something up until the moment you said you will execute her now.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

If Nualia is about to be executed then Iris will be nearby somewhere praying for her, but not present to witness such a deed. She understands that this sort of thing happens (& would happen anyway if Nualia was returned to Sandpoint) but doesn't need to see it or like it.

Opening the spoiler now...

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

will save vs negative energy(1d20+4)[20]

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

Cast lucky number (1d20)[19]

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

Has someone been tracking looot by the way?
    Just realised I've not picked up anything (which made sense as its all big weapons) but wanted to see if someone was recording it? Ifnot can make a "loot post"

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert has noted everything up until the goblins on his sheet. After that, I must admit, I have slacked.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

For this game, I will be totally unconcerned with the fate of the loot once I hand it. This means that if you lose track of it, it's your problem. This means somebody better do some thread-digging and at least record #123i / #456o somewhere to refer to the loot posts and/or fill a complete docs sheet with expected sale pricing, distribution and such (I can provide a template).

13. - Top - End - #553
    Titan in the Playground

I did not complain. We did it that way for years on my physical table. Time to do a bit of digging. :)

I kinda made that Adalbert's job as the "brains" of the operation since he really cannot contribute physically to any combat scenario.

Adalbert has noted the spell scrolls and books, all the loot from post #1064 but I exclude chairs and pickled extremities, which I assume should be destroyed. The books are from #933. Did we ever get back the gear from lending it in #912? Are the books of #928 part of the collection in 1064? I assume not. I assume as well, that I took the kukris in #886

Everything I keep under "loot" I assume Adalbert spreads around the remaining carrying capacities. For the big items:

1) I assume Lizuga has taken the +1 Breastplate
    2) Lebwen has taken the +1 Ring of Protection.
    3) We still have a +1 Amulet or Resistance up for grabs. If no one takes it Adalbert has no issues wearing a long-lost symbol of sin. (but I really think someone else should. I am a force multiplier, yes. But others are much more at risk suffering from bad saves.
    4) Anyone interested in a +1 Bastard Sword?
    Last edited by Spore; 2020-04-04 at 06:58 AM.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

Thanks for bringing all of that together.

Iris hasn't really had use for anything so far, so will happily pass.

The Medallion of Resistance subjects the wearer to a scry effect, right? Sounds unwise to wear such a thing (but I'm not quite saying don't wear it)

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

That is a very good point. Damn, it would be very powerful, but eventually warns the enigmatic enemy of our every move. I assume the scry is an automatic success?

Still, with a bit of cunning, we can use that to our advantage.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

also, we dot not have any enemies associated with antique magic items that I know of.
    Semper ludens.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Titan in the Playground

We stopped a damn big ritual involving a Runewell of Wrath, a cultist of a deity normally reserved for monsters and armies of goblins and hobgoblins. We know of a druid and a Hobgoblin general that work for the enemy, plus whatever demons are already summoned or working for them.

We might have more enemies than our characters know of, and it is NOT metagaming to assume more.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Did we ever get back the gear from lending it in #912? Are the books of #928 part of the collection in 1064?
    Let's say the goblin ladies dropped their weapons downstairs when the hound barked. The lot of books is the result of me not tracking where exactly Nualia keeps them. Let's say you have both sets.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

Adalbert's findings:
    The flaming skulls are just the skulls with continual flame on them.
    The orange-flaming kukri clearly bears a continual flame effect and nothing more. The blue-flaming kukri is the same, just of a different color.
    Of thassilonian books and scrolls that Iris mentioned all have the same magical effect that grants them extra protection from rot, fire, water and time. They are: a spellbook with spells, a log book of day-to day operations of this guardian statue, an accounting book of this guardian statue, a scroll of standing orders for the time of increased tension, a scroll of a contingency plan, a scroll of another contingency plan for a different set of circumstances, two blank scrolls that only bear the markings that they are for important documents (the same markings are present on the three scrolls above).
    The shrimshaw artwork is indeed nonmagical.

Let's say it did not take too much time to reach the above conclusions, but actually reading the stuff will take more time.

Down below, the "golden" pillar is indeed magical, featuring an aura of moderate strength with nuances too complex for Adalbert to reliably identify.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

I've had a few days, and I'm gonna have a few more days until the weekend, so I'm really hoping for someone else to take the lead.
    Semper ludens.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    I've had a few days, and I'm gonna have a few more days until the weekend, so I'm really hoping for someone else to take the lead.
    Yeah, sorry. I'm getting slammed with this whole 'run a business from home while full-time parenting & home-schooling kids' situation. Which is fine, but some days are better than others.

Should have a bit of time to catch up from this evening, for a few days at least.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Troll in the Playground

Knowledge: Religion check (1d20+2)[17]

EDIT: I'm going to go with the assumption that this covers the basics of incorporeal unded.
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-04-09 at 08:05 AM.
    Semper ludens.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert can (and did) take 10 on Religion for 18, and I assumed the same.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Troll in the Playground

Health check. You can literally just tell me your hp situation without metagaming, Lizuga can assess that as a free action.

And I have 10 shiny new HPs to hand out from landing that strike.
    Semper ludens.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ettin in the Playground

Yep, your use of religion is fine. The attack is a hit. Currently, Lebwen is the only one that can be considered hurt (and, by my cound, Lisuga, a little). The sword is bastard-sized, so normally you eat nonproficiency if you use it in one hand (does not affect the beam, I suppose).

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

Health check. You can literally just tell me your hp situation without metagaming, Lizuga can assess that as a free action.

And I have 10 shiny new HPs to hand out from landing that strike.
    Justin is at full,
    But currently can't really do anything to help against the incorporeal foes. We're lucky we had the +1 bastard sword I guess!

@ Ghostfoot:
    Can one of Iris's judgments let her weapon count as magical?
    Last edited by DrK; 2020-04-09 at 09:14 AM.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

Religion check (1d20+5)[20], just in case.

Iris is on full.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    @ Ghostfoot:
    Can one of Iris's judgments let her weapon count as magical?
    I don't think so. She can make her count as magic vs DR or can give a sacred bonus to damage, but I don't believe anything vs incorporeal.

She could give herself DR1/ magic and then use unarmed attacks which could technically work (but she'd be dead).

She's got some holy water. Not enough to wipe the three of them but should be okay alongside Lizuga with the magic sword.

Edit: Or can cast CLW on them although I'm really unclear on whether this counts as channelled energy (full damage) or not.
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2020-04-09 at 03:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    Religion check [roll0], just in case.

Iris is on full.

I don't think so. She can make her count as magic vs DR or can give a sacred bonus to damage, but I don't believe anything vs incorporeal.

She could give herself DR1/ magic and then use unarmed attacks which could technically work (but she'd be dead).

She's got some holy water. Not enough to wipe the three of them but should be okay alongside Lizuga with the magic sword.

Edit: Or can cast CLW on them although I'm really unclear on whether this counts as channelled energy (full damage) or not.
    Does "counts as magic" not allow you to hit the undead? Nifty, I really like the inquisitor

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Does "counts as magic" not allow you to hit the undead? Nifty, I really like the inquisitor
    The inquisitor’s weapons count as magic for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction
    I read this as "The inquisitor’s weapons count as magic ONLY for the purposes of bypassing damage reduction BUT ARE NOT ACTUALLY MAGIC"

So if the shadows had DR/ magic I could hit them just fine. But incorporeal is different I think. Or maybe it's not.

Edit: but yes inquisitor's are fun. I've been playing a two-handed melee smiter in my weekly game and it's been extremely fun to play.
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2020-04-09 at 05:01 PM.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

I was thinking about taking Elemental Touch as one of my 2nd level spells, but I can't actually help anyone else with it anyway.
    I'll try to get a post up in a few hours when I have a bit more free time. I can front load some damage, but given my usual rolls I don't think I'm going to be killing 3 any time soon. I could pass off the +1 long sword and enchant (arcane pool) a different weapon for myself, if that wouldn't be too meta-gamey to do at this point.

I'm at 17/32 HPs, so I could use a fair amount of healing but doesn't need to be right away.