New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords OOC

THe pompus halfling is already checked in at the rusty dragon, and Justin is attached to it as well, so let's assume that we're going there.
    Semper ludens.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    THe pompus halfling is already checked in at the rusty dragon, and Justin is attached to it as well, so let's assume that we're going there.
    I am not that pompous...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    I am not that pompous...
    longwinded maybe?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't think pompus is the right word, a bit excentric and excitable though.

Not sure what Sandspoint will have available for items. Probably a bit early for multiple weapons, especially since much more will put me into medium encumbrance, and too many actions to switch since I don't have BAB 1 yet, although a reach weapon at some point would be nice.

I'm also not sure if I should simply walk away from the ship, or if I should go in and tell the captain I'm leaving or buy out my service (which I would assume would only be a couple gold). My character would do it either way, but if the DM doesn't care I'll simply walk away and ignore them.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

I figure Justin and Silna go in first, Lizuga and Lebwen follow. We are going to need some light too. If it comes down to that, I have torches, but no spare hands.
    Semper ludens.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

I have light. Depending how big the room is I was thinking about just casting it on the door. Otherwise I think just armor or weapon will let us see and still fight

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

The room inside building outer dimension is about 20x20 feet, so just opening the door should be enough to light it.
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-12-24 at 10:36 AM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    Not sure what Sandspoint will have available for items. Probably a bit early for multiple weapons, especially since much more will put me into medium encumbrance, and too many actions to switch since I don't have BAB 1 yet, although a reach weapon at some point would be nice.
    Almost everything in relevant price range can be ordered from Magnimar and the more common stuff is available locally. Everything on Adalbert's list is available locally. As for reach weapons, you can have a longspear free of charge if Aldern's men have not sold it.

I'm also not sure if I should simply walk away from the ship, or if I should go in and tell the captain I'm leaving or buy out my service (which I would assume would only be a couple gold). My character would do it either way, but if the DM doesn't care I'll simply walk away and ignore them.
    You can just send a boy with a message for negligible cost, that would be fine.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing to spend the gold on currently

Also, happy Xmas all. Hope good good and drink had by all

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Christmas skeletons? What is this? Nightmare AFTER christmas?

Knowledge (Religion) for humanoid skeletons (1d20+7)[19]
    Knowledge (Religion) for dog skeleton (1d20+7)[27]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Look, our second fight! We are already doing better than the average PBP game :-D

You all get +2 [morale] to attack and damage for one round from Lizuga's boost.
    Semper ludens.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Nice. Unsure what I what I do with my standard action after I've started the Naturalist Bardic Performance. Going into melee with Cure Light Wounds would be very aggressive, I think I just go into flanking position and use my beefed up "aid another" for +6 to your attacks (or rather +7 because I actively make yourself better by lecturing).

Mwahaha, weaponized knowledge. You will learn and there is nothing you can do about it!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Sorry for the delays, the holidays are a busy time. I'll get a post up shortly.
    My 5e Monster Repository (a modest collection)
    5e Quick, ad-hoc task DCs — Simple: 8 | Normal: 13 | Challenging: 18 | Formidable: 23
    5e Quick, ad-hoc monsters — AC: 12 + level/2 | HP: 10 × level | To-Hit: 2 + level/2 | DPR: 4 × level
    1 monster v. 1 PC; for 4 v. 1 Solos — +2 to AC & To-Hit | HP: 25 × level | DPR: 10 × level
    5e Quick, ad-hoc monster treasure — CR2 × tier gp

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Almost everything in relevant price range can be ordered from Magnimar and the more common stuff is available locally. Everything on Adalbert's list is available locally. As for reach weapons, you can have a longspear free of charge if Aldern's men have not sold it.
    Almost forgot... Can't cast spells with a two-handed weapon, so no reach for me (other than spells themself, so yeah, I just need to do that).

MWK long sword and leather lamellar was what I was thinking. Not sure what else is really possible or practical at this level.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Almost forgot... Can't cast spells with a two-handed weapon, so no reach for me (other than spells themself, so yeah, I just need to do that).
    You can cast with a two-handed weapon just fine. Not sure about Magus-specific stuff, but feel free to name the rules you want clarified.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

He can't use Spell Combat with a two-handed weapon.

Also, 3 skeletons is a chump fight, moving along: attack roll (1d20+6)[14]. EDIT: I'm assuming that's a miss.

EDIT: Using Encouraging Roar again (+2/+2)
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2018-12-27 at 11:14 AM.
    Semper ludens.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/magus/
    To use this ability, the magus must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand.
    So even if you can use your off-hand freely with a 2h weapon some of the time, spell combat explicitly states that it only works with light or one-handed weapons. Is there such a thing as a light 2-handed weapon? Although there is a specific archer archetype that lets you use spell combat with a 2-handed range weapon, not that it matters here.

edit: maybe I really do need a new sword, this one can't hit anything... of course the spear didn't do any better.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2018-12-27 at 04:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

BlackDragon

It seems like everyone's squeezing into a very tight space. Is there room for Silna to get in and make an attack?
    5e Quick, ad-hoc task DCs — Simple: 8 | Normal: 13 | Challenging: 18 | Formidable: 23
    5e Quick, ad-hoc monsters — AC: 12 + level/2 | HP: 10 × level | To-Hit: 2 + level/2 | DPR: 4 × level
    1 monster v. 1 PC; for 4 v. 1 Solos — +2 to AC & To-Hit | HP: 25 × level | DPR: 10 × level

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Squirrel View Post
    It seems like everyone's squeezing into a very tight space. Is there room for Silna to get in and make an attack?
    Yes, but either Justin has to make way stepping to E4 or Silna will eat an AoO.
    Last edited by u-b; 2018-12-27 at 10:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

BlackDragon

The Boneyard

You head back to the boneyard before reporting to the mayor. Silna checks the area for tracks and finds many. Some are clearly left by the party, some by other medium-sized creatures over the last few days, but there are also many definitely goblin footprints. Silna thinks that most medium-sized footprints are left by legitimate visitors, but one set of medium-sized footprints correlates with goblins' footprints too much for a coincidence. Silna tries to get into the details of who went where, but is unable to reach a conclusion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Silna perception: (1d20+7)[27]
    Silna survival: (1d20+7)[8]
    By "correlates with," do you mean they are moving with goblin footprints, or that they look like medium-sized goblin footprints?

Also, not that it will make a difference, but Silna's Survival should be +6 when tracking (due to Track), which would mean +8 for tracking her favored enemy. You used +7, and I can't see the one point making a difference in this case. I listed Survival twice in her skills, one of them with the Track bonus for tracking included.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Moves with goblin footprints. One point does not make a difference this time.

22. - Top - End - #82

BlackDragon

Did we come close to a consensus on spending our 500 gp group budget?

There are also a few things I'd like to grab for Silna before leaving town.
    • a donkey (8 gp)
    • a pack saddle (5 gp)
    • 50 ft. hemp rope (1 gp)
    • a greatclub (5 gp)
    • a dagger (2 gp)
    • 3 sacks (3 sp)
    • 50 gp worth of crafting materials to begin upgrading her crossbow (eventual goal: stats of a masterwork Str +3 Composite Longbow—it'll probably be a few levels...).

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

I think we tacitly agreed on the 465 gp shopping list that Sporeeg posted. We still have our individual 100 gp purses.
    Semper ludens.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, good with his list. Although if we've got pack animals, especially this early, we could just do 1-2 group animals with a little of the money rather than each getting one.

Should see where we think we might head, a tent wouldn't be a bad idea if we're heading out and already have pack animals

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Squirrel View Post
    Did we come close to a consensus on spending our 500 gp group budget?

There are also a few things I'd like to grab for Silna before leaving town.
    • a donkey (8 gp)
    • a pack saddle (5 gp)
    • 50 ft. hemp rope (1 gp)
    • a greatclub (5 gp)
    • a dagger (2 gp)
    • 3 sacks (3 sp)
    • 50 gp worth of crafting materials to begin upgrading her crossbow (eventual goal: stats of a masterwork Str +3 Composite Longbow—it'll probably be a few levels...).
    Are the glassworks out of town though? If so, Adalbert has a donkey with a pack saddle and rope already. He mainly just struggles to control it at times (I dont have Handle Animal yet).

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

Glassworks are in town and I assume you will be heading right there rather than stopping for shopping, but feel free to correct me on that part.

27. - Top - End - #87

BlackDragon

Glassworks are in town and I assume you will be heading right there rather than stopping for shopping, but feel free to correct me on that part.
    Agreed. Sorry for the delay there—I'm usually rather busy during the weekends, and yesterday I just didn't get the chance to catch up.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

I'm gonna let the others respond and get into position and stuff, but I intend to charge to J31 and hit the nearest goblin.
    Semper ludens.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

Adalbert operates thieves tools, demonstrating how he could easily open a door not fitted with a lock (and possibly giving Lizuga a look, for that matter).
    Not even Chuck Norris can pick a door lock THAT ... nonexisting...

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be poised by the door. Then when it starts I'll move J29 and skewer two goblins (or at least attempt to!)
    If you need initiative (1d20+4)[13]