New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords OOC

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    AoO longsword: [roll0] for [roll1]

Also, your speed of 30 does not seem to be enough to get to AB7 through AD6 and attack, because diagonals are counted 1.5. Do you want to go through AC6 instead?
    No AoO if it is dazed, right? Do we do such status effects at the end of our collective turns or in the middle?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

AoO longsword: [roll0] for [roll1]

Also, your speed of 30 does not seem to be enough to get to AB7 through AD6 and attack, because diagonals are counted 1.5. Do you want to go through AC6 instead?
    Yeah, I counted going through Adalbert and Lizuga's squares, rather squeezing past Adalbert and going around Lizuga like I should have. I'm not sure if moving through Adalbert's square counts as an obstruction so an extra 5ft. I was mostly trying to get far enough around that the rest of the group could get into a place where they could attack, so the farther I went the better.
    AC6 is good.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    No AoO if it is dazed, right? Do we do such status effects at the end of our collective turns or in the middle?
    Yep. So seems he's not dazed. Either made his save or... Anyway, the daze would be effective now if it worked.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Encouraging roar, +2/+2 for one round. And the RNG hates me today.

Also, much angst on whether she should jump in the pit with Justin.
    Semper ludens.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

messed up my attack roll in the IC: [roll0]
    Semper ludens.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    messed up my attack roll in the IC: (1d20+5)[20]
    And jumped the gun on posting that one. 60 seconds is such a long time. (1d20+5)[20]
    Semper ludens.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Assuming 20 hits; Lebwen gains fast healing 3 for 10 rounds, heals 6 points immediately, and Lizuga deliberately provokes an AoO so Lebwen doesn't have to take it.
    Semper ludens.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Koruvus longsword AoO vs Lizuga (1d20+4)[14] for (1d8+4)[5]

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

I think I'll wait for Lebwen and Justin. Lebwen can act now that he's healed and Justin has a wonderful set of options, that include, but are not limited to:
    1. Picking up two swords OR
    2. Picking up one sword and standing up OR
    3. Standing up and making an unarmed attack now that the enemy cannot make more AoOs this round OR
    4. Etc.
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-04-23 at 09:12 AM. Reason: forgot Justin is also prone

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Justin gets Fast Healing 3 for 1 minute; everyone gets 6 temporary hp, for 1 minute. Everyone gets +3 to Fort saves for one round.
    Semper ludens.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Crit confirmation

(1d20+2)[15]
    (1d6)[3]

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Well, the monster goblin has a +1 longsword AFAICT, but that's just from oberserving numbers added to rolls ;-)
    Semper ludens.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

With that last attack, is the flier open to a melee attack from Lizuga?

Actions, in order of preference:
    1: Drop horsechopper and shield, grapple the flier at +5
    2: Attack the flier at reach, up to 15', at +4, 1d8+1d6+4
    3: Coup de Grace against the monstrous goblin for 3d8+12+1d6 damage.
    Semper ludens.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Flyer reflex: (1d20+8)[15]

It's halfway down the pit, so out of reach of grapple from above, is currently entangled in the goo, but still flying. Proceed with option 2.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Although I'm in the pit, sticking the cover back over would keep it from being able to escape.

Depending on the exact time that has past I might still have a round or a few left of the fast healing.

Are there any sorts of modifiers, to being attacked or attacking since the zombie and I are in the same square and not a lot of room to move around in? I'm also assuming I missed falling on the zombie and damaging it in the process.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Let's assume Lebwen still has 2 rounds worth of fast healing, effective on two of his subsequent turns.

Now Lebwen is prone and zombie has no special modifiers, but if Lebwen stands up, both he and the zombie will be squeezing unless grappling. I would assume you did not want to jump onto the zombie. Not sure if Lebwen knows it, but zombies are immune to nonlethal and resistant to non-slashing, so a jump onto it would not hurt it much, if at all. Instead, Lebwen attempted to maintain his footing and negate lethal part of the damage, but did not succeed at that.

Will post IC soon, with Lizuga's and all.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Let's assume Lebwen still has 2 rounds worth of fast healing, effective on two of his subsequent turns.

Now Lebwen is prone and zombie has no special modifiers, but if Lebwen stands up, both he and the zombie will be squeezing unless grappling. I would assume you did not want to jump onto the zombie. Not sure if Lebwen knows it, but zombies are immune to nonlethal and resistant to non-slashing, so a jump onto it would not hurt it much, if at all. Instead, Lebwen attempted to maintain his footing and negate lethal part of the damage, but did not succeed at that.

Will post IC soon, with Lizuga's and all.
    I'm fine with not hitting it, especially since I was trying to land the fall. So I can grapple it, and be at a -4 to hit, or I can be squeezed in with it, also being at a -4 but both of us being at -4 AC and my sword can be used to attack either way. Zombies are slow but I believe they still get AOOs right?

Although I think I can get up and climb out in the same round, two move actions, since the rope is already lowered down. Not sure if I can do that and keep my sword though, as I need a move action to put it away and need two hands to climb.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga changed to Spoils of War Stance: Allies within 30' heal 3 hp when they hit an enemy (1/round each).
    Semper ludens.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, but I have had it with another game and waiting for responses which made me realize PbP is a bad substitute for actual real life games. Thus effectively I will rescind all my characters from PbP games, of course I want to try to do this in a manner that is acceptable for the story. So what do you propose for my exit?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

I propose you don't go to Thistletop and remain in Sandpoint NPCed, along with Silna and maybe Justin. This way it would be pretty logical and orderly and all, and you can even join back if you reconsider. There is not much left of this dungeon except for what you've already discovered.

That said, are the remaining players having fun with this game? Seems we have lost 3 of our 5 original players, should I open a re-recruitment thread to save this game? Also, any suggestions on how it's run etc. are certainly welcome.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, I think it's time for re-recruitment.
    Semper ludens.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Did we ever get around to looting the weird monster goblin?

In other news, when we leave this place, Lizuga is going to destroy the zombies, except for the one in the closed-up pit.
    Semper ludens.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

The loot was described in #410, but I don't remember anyone taking anything. You were too busy with fighting.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

You DM really well and keep up a good pace botting a few player characters so I assume you really should continue.

As for loot and bought gear, you have:
    Potion of Cure Light Wounds (3) 150 gp, Scrolls of Cure Light Wounds (2) 50 gp. Mw thieves' tools, Composite Shortbow (Str +1), Ring of Protection +1, two nonmagical earrings (of Tsuto), MW Thieves' Tools, MW Flute, Oil of Purify Food & Drink (1) (25gp), Alchemist’s Fire (3) (60gp), Alkali (2) (30gp), Mwk Horsechopper (with Lizuga afaik), 220 gp from the mayor of Sandpoint.

plus the gear from the goblin which is
    magical long sword (probably just +1, might be enchanted tho because it has an evocation aura), MW handaxe, silver dagger.

For Adalbert I assume he simply wants to do a think-tank with the local sage (whose name escapes me) to tell you as much about the Runelords as possible. Adalbert is a perfect NPC for knowledge checks.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    Sorry, but I have had it with another game and waiting for responses which made me realize PbP is a bad substitute for actual real life games. Thus effectively I will rescind all my characters from PbP games, of course I want to try to do this in a manner that is acceptable for the story. So what do you propose for my exit?
    For what it is worth, I've very much enjoyed your character and would say don't let one bad game ruin others for you.

The mutant goblin was also medium, so his equipment will be the right size for us too. The flying thing distracted us when we got the items.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    For what it is worth, I've very much enjoyed your character and would say don't let one bad game ruin others for you.
    It wasn't a bad game just a very tiring experience in said game. That said, I like you guys and UBs DM style very much so maybe I kind of want to stick around.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, I have been inactive for some days now. I am still super into this game, but right now, the Commonwealth needs to be cleared of Raiders and Super Mutants, Paladin Danse needs to talk to me about his feelings, and I seem to remember something about having a son at some point.

Expect things to be back to normal for me in a week or so.
    Semper ludens.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Hey all.

Sorry for the absence. Real life and exhausting work schedules can really crimp one's PbP activities. Ub has kindly let me remain in the game so Justin will return to the fold and begin speaking again. My "peak work" has passed now so I can stop being a work hermit and catch up with other activities.

EDIT:
    Having caught up with the action, I'd agree with head out to recharge and get help from the town to come back and destroy the remaining zombies and then try and ambush the trapped quasit. We can also consult some more learned people to work out what the weird cold pool of anger is?
    Last edited by DrK; 2019-05-12 at 03:24 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Glad your back, I can't be the only one charging off to be smacked down again.

I also forgot to post the spellcraft on the wand in the IC post (1d20+8)[25]

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erloas View Post
    I also forgot to post the spellcraft on the wand in the IC post [roll0]
    Do you have Detect Magic or Identify prepared? That is actually required to identify non-scrolls.