New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

Malfeshnekor seems to be an ascended barghest, some sort of demonic canine but even more powerful than the average barghest. They can only ascend if fed the remains of a being not tainted by the sins of the abyss...oh god, I just had the worst realization. Father Tobyn's bones...no...

The halfling stares blankly through the mayor. After a small pause he adds drily.

If the barghest is already summoned and we can stop the ritual of his ascension we might even have a chance to take it out before it becomes an unsolvable problem.
    Last edited by Spore; 2019-05-24 at 04:01 AM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

Iris steps forward, a slight young woman with bow in hand garbed in fine mithral armour. Delicate etchings cover all of the plate surfaces, words prayers and musical tablature. A golden amulet displaying the songbird of Shelyn hangs around her neck.

"Greetings all. I am Iris, sister of Shelyn. I hear tell of your exploits and I am here to pledge my assistance. My superiors bid me come to Sandpoint and I had very much looked forward to the Swallowtail Festival. Sadly I was delayed assisting some travelers and it seems that the goblins that were menacing them have carried on to harass the good folk here."

She listens intently to the information that Lebwen, Adalbert and Lizuga impart, her brow furrowed in concentration.

"Maybe we can reason with these goblins, maybe not. It may be that their homicidal tendencies have taken them too far from the path of redemption. And arson is so...thoughtless. But you think that there may be something lurking behind these murderous rascals? That is troubling indeed. It pains me to think of such careless destruction."

Spoiler: knowledge check
    Show
    Knowledge (Local) re: goblin tribes (1d20+5)[20]

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

When you check with the jail, you find out that it indeed has enough free capacity to accomodate both the recently deposited goblin and, in a separate cell, your quasit. Justin places the cage in the corner of a cell and covers it with a blanket while the rest of you wait outside (generally, one doesn't just walk into the jail, at least without the sheriff present).

"Ezakien's daughter?" the mayor seems somewhat shocked "Nualia Tobyn was Ezakien's adopted daughter. We thought she died in the fire five years ago, though her body was never recovered." the mayor shakes her head "She seemed a nice girl, just a bit shy both of her heritage and in general."

The mayor reads through the journal then gives it to Shalelu.

"I'm sure Belor will take care of the underground chambers you have discovered, now that you say it is cleared. And Brodert will press me into letting him there to study it all, and there will be a general commotion here in town when the news get out... anyway, not your problem for now, thank you."

Shalelu flips through the journal as she responds.

"Ripnugget is the chief of Thistletop tribe, east of here along the coast. Bruthazmus. Yes, I know him well. Raids the road passing between Nettlewood and Mosswood. Almost got him once, but not quite." Shalelu takes out a map and places it on the table.

"I'll go there with you. I think our best bet to prevent the attack on the town is to take out their new leadership, which is, as it seems, at Thistletop. Either that, or Mosswood, but most likely Thistletop. Not sure how hard it is going to be, but I'm in."

As Shalelu and Iris can tell, there are five major goblin tribes in the region. The closest to Sandpoint are the Birdcruncher goblins, who live in caves along the western edge of the Devil's Platter, although traditionally these goblins are the least aggressive of the five. To the south are the Licktoad goblins of the Brinestump Marsh, pests who are excellent swimmers. East are the Seven Tooth goblins of Shank's Wood, goblins who've secured a place for themselves by raiding Sandpoint's junkyard and rebuilding the stolen refuse into armor and weapons. Farther east are the Mosswood goblins, likely the largest tribe but one traditionally held back by feuding families within their own ranks. And finally, there are the Thistletop goblins, who live on the Nettlewood coast atop a small island that some say holds a passing resemblance to a decapitated head.

"Now that we know it's not just the goblins, I think our previous deal needs to be adjusted. The advance I had given you is now considered the paymet for what you did at Glassworks, and I am giving you twice that to go take out goblins' leadership. Still, I think we must have a backup plan. Someone is to travel to Magnimar and persuade them to get people in here."

Silna volunteers. She has been through the city on her way to Sandpoint, so sort of knows it a little, but largely not. She will be taking a sit in the coach cab tomorrow, with the journal and an official letter.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you agree, she hands you a paper stating that the bearer of it is eligible to purchases worth up to 1000 gp, payable by the town of Sandpoint.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ettin in the Playground

"We will continue to help take care of these goblins for you. Some extra guards on duty until we find out more might be a good idea." Lebwen says to the mayor, passing the paper to Adalbert.

"First we'll see what, if anything, we can learn from the goblin and quasit we captured. We can revise our plan if they give us any more useful information. I think we should rest and prepare today to head out first thing tomorrow. Looking at the map it seems like a couple hours on the road to reach the edge of Nettlewood, how much cover will those woods provide us, and them? How difficult is it to navigate? Knowing the area fairly well, Shalelu, do you think a trip to Thistletop and back can be done in a day? Do the goblins seem to be on high alert?

If in-fighting between tribes is their normal expectation, do we think we could use that to our advantage? Maybe find some from a closer tribe and take out a few, take their weapons, armor, and trinkets, then take out some from another tribe and make it seem like it was the other tribe? That might be a more long term plan, and not that practical right away, but it is at least an option to consider. Enough to get them distracted.
    "

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

A follower of Shelyn? How enchanting. I had a few very enlightening discussions and experienced a few marvelous art and musical pieces in your temples. And if these goblins need anything, it is a sense of style. Adalbert chuckles, pointing at his ragged goblin disguise.

I agree with Sister Iris, that usually parlay is preferrable to open combat but you haven't seen what the goblins did at the glassworks. They are vile creatures who only understand a sword arm and they shall be dealt with as such. Maybe my time in Cheliax made my heart hardened but these chaotic creatures only understand one thing: violence. Their whole society revolves around demons of destruction, arson and murder.

The halfling bows and takes the voucher.
    Thank you for your generous grant, Lady Deverin. We could use better armor because we definitely took a few hits that were not necessary, especially poor Lebwen over there. Tobyn had a daughter? That would explain why they need his bones. This is a test of loyalty, a rite of initiation for her. Using her own father's bones to sacrifice his soul to a demon seals her way towards the depths of Hell and abyss.

Adalbert adresses Lebwen's idea.
    Sowing chaos seems sensible for any other forces. But they will revert naturally to infighting once we remove the human and hobgoblin leaders. I like your idea of speeding this up though.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

"How sad. It sounds like this Tsuto thought he had found true love, when in in his infatuation all he offered was possessiveness and all he found was betrayal and manipulation. A travesty indeed. His 'lover' Nualia Tobyn has a certain heritage. Are you able to elaborate?"

Spoiler: More knowledges
    Show
    I just caught up on reading the IC so far. Let's see if Iris knows anything else helpful.

Knowledge (planar) (1d20+5)[23] re: Barghest/ Greater Barghest

Knowledge (religion) (1d20+5)[14] re: Lamashtu

Knowledge (local) (1d20+5)[13] re: Nualia Tobyn

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

The young man stammers and blushes as Shalelu is introduced and mumbles something that may be a greeting to the elf and Iris. He relaxes slightly as the conversation picks up and nods to the others. "I agree, there is no peace with these goblins, and if there are even darker things like this woman who is growing claws and scales I don't think we can offer anything other than steel." He taps the hilt of the shortsword on his waist for emphasis.

At the promissary note he nods his thanks. "We will need a few things I'm sure for the trek and some additional supplies to roust out these beasts." He listens to Adalbert and the others. "Shall we set out as soon is practical? We can let the Mayor and the sheriff interrogate the quasit and search the runewell caves and we can offer more help when we return?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

8. - Top - End - #488
    Ettin in the Playground

"The Nettlewood is rather dense with stinging nettles and goblinberry, both of which are poisonous, so you have to be careful not to stumble into them. Thistletop itself is on the coast, not far from Thistle river, so no real problem to find it other than finding the way through the undergrowth. I can get you there in maybe four or five hours, including the walk through the woods, so can be back by the end of the day if we leave early and are quick about it. Goblins and prolonged high alert don't really mix well, so unless they somehow learn that we are coming, probably not."

"Ezakien Tobyn adopted Nualia when he found her left on the steps of the church, so we can only conclude that her true parents have abandoned her. Also, she is an aasimar. Everyone had high expectations of her, with her celestial ancestry, and being raised by a cleric of Desna, and wondered what was up with her true parents."

9. - Top - End - #489
    Ettin in the Playground

I would like to wait until morning. Otherwise we're likely to get there close to dusk, going into an area the enemy knows well and we don't when they can see and we can't just seems needlessly risky right now. Besides, if the quasit or goblin can give us any useful information about the leaders I would much rather know that before we run into them than afterwards. That and while magic has kept me going, I have been beat up quite a bit already today and would like to get some food and a plan.

So I propose we get lunch, gather provisions with the generous payment from the mayor, then see what we can find from our captives. Gather in the evening with any other information we can gather and finalize our plan.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Agreed. And we might get to know Iris and Shalelu better. The halfling seems to be more interested in Iris though. Sister Iris, did you learn about Thassilonian iconography?

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Justin looks at Lebwen and nods. "I'd agree. Prepare today, rest after today's excitement and then we can make the trip well rested." He looks at Shalelu, "I'm sure Mistress Shalelu can keep us safe but no need to risk the night in the woods before we know we have to." He nods to the others, "Shall we round up supplies and then meet at my Aunt's inn for a meal?" He looks at the two woman, "Mistress SHalelu, Priestess (Iris) please join us. Best we can speak a little tonight and then we'll be ready for the morning."

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

Iris' eyes widen at the halflings mention of Thassilonian iconography and she struggles to suppress a broad grin. There's more to this group than mere swords and sorcery. This should be enjoyable indeed.

"Why yes, dear Adalbert. It so happens that I have an interest in historical artworks of all kinds. The Thassilonian period is one I have only touched on briefly though. I find their use of the seven-pointed star symbol to be prevalent through much of their artwork, and society in general. In particular it ties the seven schools of magic to the seven nations that made up the empire as a whole. It was often carved or painted like so, or used like this, which forms the most beautiful effect don't you think.....?"

She continues to engage with Adalbert on the matter as the group heads off, showing examples of the evolution of the design in her texts and example engravings.
    Last edited by Ghostfoot; 2019-05-28 at 05:19 AM.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

"I just barely want to tromp around in a goblin-infest forest. I certainly don't want to do so at night. Lead on, Justin!".

Lizuga sniffs at herself. "Hey justin! Maybe you can help me with a bath, too?"
    Semper ludens.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostfoot View Post
    Iris

Iris' eyes widen at the halflings mention of Thassilonian iconography and she struggles to suppress a broad grin. There's more to this group than mere swords and sorcery. This should be enjoyable indeed.

"Why yes, dear Adalbert. It so happens that I have an interest in historical artworks of all kinds. The Thassilonian period is one I have only touched on briefly though. I find their use of the seven-pointed star symbol to be prevalent through much of their artwork, and society in general. In particular it ties the seven schools of magic to the seven nations that made up the empire as a whole. It was often carved or painted like so, or used like this, which forms the most beautiful effect don't you think.....?"

She continues to engage with Adalbert on the matter as the group heads off, showing examples of the evolution of the design in her texts and example engravings.
    Adalbert is baffled by Iris' - well - optimistic approach towards Thassilon. There is a certain elegance in the star but I think as it represents the seven deadly sins, it is more meant to be seen as edged, hard and uncaring. Even Torag's holy symbol is not as unliving as this.

Well, we encountered the ruins under Sandpoint to be linked to the Runelord of Wrath, and in that regard, to Lamashtu, the Mother of Monsters. I will not discredit the artistic skill of her followers, if they don't use blood and guts to paint their pictures, but the two are linked but different. I want you to know that we are dealing mostly with arcanists. Some of you divine types have a knack for interrogating, and we caught a wizarding demon. I know this is not your expertise but would you care to assist us in interrogating it? I have never seen a familiar picking up learned magic itself so this is dangerous and interesting. After all Shelyn is the personification of purity. We could use someone like that when dealing with the corrupt thing that is a quasit mage.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

You have a talk and a dinner, and maybe a bath and a laundry service, then spend the night at the Rusty Dragon, have excellent Ameiko's breakfast, and head for the jail. The goblin is in there and, when asked, he talks. He says he's from Licktoad tribe living in Brinestump Marsh. He says the chief send him to help longshanks burn the town. Longshanks got a deal with the chief. He, personally, only saw the pointy-eared one, but there are others. He claims to not know stuff about Thistletop other than the fact that longshanks are there. The biggest heroes of the tribe are evil Vorka* and the chief, Rendwattle Gutwad.

The quasit is also found where expected, still chained in its cage covered with a blanket. It is awake. When you ask questions, it says something in an unknown** language and protrudes one of its tiny hands out of the cage as far as the chains allow (which is not very far), and makes some beckoning motions. It seems very weak and barely standing.

*Well, yep, that's goblin calling someone evil.
    **Thassilonian, anyone?

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well that is at least something. We know we've got some other non-goblins to deal with. I don't know what a vorka is. Short term I think we keep him here and see if we can put it to more use afterwards." Lebwen says of the goblin's responses.

"Hmm, that book said they can speak common... But it also said they have telepathy and when it used command on me it gave me the command with a touch, which isn't required for the spell. I have an idea." Lebwen says, then he removes his backpack, weapons, and spell component pouch, leaving them in with the rest of the group. Goes into the cell with the quasit, closing the door behind him. Then he reaches out his hand and takes the quasit's hand.
    Last edited by Erloas; 2019-05-29 at 02:26 PM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ettin in the Playground

"I know the wicked wee thing is trapped in there. But I think we're all tad nervous about demons possessing or influencing others. Here let me cast a prayer of protection for you."

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Cast protection from evil on Lebwen prior to him holding hands with the quasit, if allowed (ie if that's not going to ruin your plan).

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ettin in the Playground

Protected from evil, Lebwen goes into the cell and closes the door behind him...

Spoiler: Lebwen
    Show
    ...where he touches the quasit's hand. Words appear in his head not like they are said in any particular language, but directly as meanings. Some meanings do not perfectly map to words Lebwen knows, but are clearly understandable nonetheless.

"I do not speak your language, but if you say something while holding my hand, we can communicate. You have won, but nothing is absolute. What to you want and what do you offer in return?"

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Outside, a very nervous Adalbert has dressed up in a new chain shirt, visibly uncomfortable. You are not sure if it is because of the shirt's unusual weight, or because of the situation at hand.

I really don't like how you contact this thing. Demons are known for openly attacking but as any evil outsider, they lie and cheat. Lebwen could leave the negotiations not even knowing he has been tricked.

The halfling sighs, pulls out an ornate pipe and starts packing it with tobacco. Before igniting it, he asks: Do you mind?

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

"So it can't speak our language but we can communicate." Lebwen says to the others. As the quasit responds he will repeat what it tells him out loud.
    Thinking to the quasit while saying to the others "We are looking to protect this town, which I think you are aware that Tsuto and the goblins just attacked. We need information to stop the groups that are planning to destroy it. I don't know what you might find of value, but keeping you trapped for years or just killing you are options. So lets just start simple, how long have you been on the mortal plane and who summoned you? What were you planning with the goblins and the half-elf Tsuto?"

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ettin in the Playground

"So, you seek knowledge. Killing me will not grant you any, which is probably why I'm alive. Know that I have been on this plane since before Thassilon fell. Know that I was called by Scribbler. Know that it was my domain that you intruded. Know that I did not harm this town since it was founded. Leave now. Come later. If you save this town, we'll talk."

Spoiler
    Show
    Advancing the plot this weekend.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

"You may not have directly attacked the town, but we know by Tsuto's own admission that you were working with him on plans with the goblins to launch a larger attack against the city. I believe your goals on this plane are much larger than this town though. Tsuto is dead and I don't think you've got any long term allies with the goblins.... If you have any information that may be of value to us about the goblins of Thistletop it would probably be in to your benefit to buy some good will before the information looses all value.
    We will be back soon to talk some more.
    "

Once Lebwen has it's response, if any, and relayed anything else the group might want to ask or say, he releases the quasit's hand, drops the cover back over the cage and leaves the cell. After picking up his gear he drops 2* gold off to the captain of the guard to make sure the quasit stays isolated and to make sure the goblin is feed and treated reasonably.

Once outside he says, mostly to Adalbert "I believe the quasit has been down there for a very long time. Not sure if your fear of demons or curiosity is stronger, but I think it might know many things lost to history. ... And maybe after a few hours of your questions and discussions it will tell us everything it knows to get it over with." The last part with a wink and a nudge.

"Lets get to Thistletop and see what we find."

*Assuming 2g is a reasonable amount for the time\food\space, otherwise I can do more.
    And in scrolling down to edit the delete post button got hit, so this is a repeat

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ettin in the Playground

The quasit refuses to convey anything about Thistletop goblins. You leave it in the cell and go to Thistletop. You walk the Lost Coast Road east along the coast, past Ravenroost, then between Shank's Wood and Tickwood, then past Leb's Tors and then between Nettlewood and Mosswood to Thistle River, where you turn north and venture into the woods. Shalelu scouts ahead as far as she can while maintaining a visual contact. She leads you along one animal trails when Lizuga notices some goblins in, and behind, some bushes to the left of the trail drawing their bows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Goblin hunting party (yes/no): (1d2)[1]

Shalelu survival: (1d20+10)[16]
    Shalelu stealth: (1d20+13)[31]
    Shalelu perception: (1d20+12)[23]

Goblins stealth: (1d20+10)[25]
    Goblins perception: (1d20-1)[2]

Iris perception: (1d20+7)[15]
    Justin perception: (1d20+5)[13]
    Lizuga perception: (1d20+8)[27]
    Adalbert perception: (1d20+3)[13]
    Lebwen perception: (1d20+1)[15]

Goblins initiative: (1d20+6)[9]
    Iris initiative: (1d20+6)[26]
    Justin initiative: (1d20+4)[6]
    Lizuga initiative: (1d20+1)[13]
    Adalbert initiative: (1d20+4)[19]
    Lebwen initiative: (1d20+0)[2]

Light green: grass
    Dark green: bushes (x2 movement cost, concealment to attack through or into)

=> Lizuga (surprise round)

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

"Gobliiiins", Lizuga shouts. Her hammer is already whistling in a deadly arc, as she lets herself be pulled into the swing and stepping towards the bushes. She hits something with a wet, crunching sound, but as she yanks the hammer back, the hook end catches nothing but shrub.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    5' step to J21. Piercing Strike against H19 and I19: Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[19], (1d12+4)[11]+(1d6)[4].
    Miss chance: 1-20 miss H19 - (1d100)[63], Miss chance: 1-20 miss I19 - (1d100)[11]

Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[20], (1d12+4)[14]+(1d6)[4] - or shield bash (1d20+5)[13], (1d4+4)[8]+(1d6)[1].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+6)[10], (1d12+4)[16]+(1d6)[1] - or or shield bash (1d20+5)[14], (1d4+4)[8]+(1d6)[1]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 19 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +6 armor). Counter: Oaken Shield (+4 AC)
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+4)[6]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[13]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+6)[17]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 3/3
    Hit Points: 17/17
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-06-01 at 02:36 AM.
    Semper ludens.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ettin in the Playground

The goblin Lizuga has smashed falls to the ground. A hail of arrows flies past Lizuga. She barely manages to intercept the one flying straight at her face with the rim of the shield. You hear a goblin exclaiming indignantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Adalbert succesfully recognizes the goblins. No wonder after he've seen so many in the last few days.

Goblin short bow: (1d20+3)[6] miss (1d100)[39] for (1d4)[4]
    Goblin short bow: (1d20+3)[15] miss (1d100)[97] for (1d4)[3]
    Goblin short bow: (1d20+3)[7] miss (1d100)[8] for (1d4)[1]
    Goblin short bow: (1d20+3)[4] miss (1d100)[83] for (1d4)[1]
    Goblin short bow: (1d20+3)[22] miss (1d100)[92] for (1d4)[4] - Oaken Shield

=> Iris, Adalbert and Lizuga (any order)

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris

"There they are!" Iris brings her bow up and takes aim, returning fire back into the bushes that Lizuga is beating at.

Spoiler: rolls & info
    Show
    Standard: longbow vs H18 (1d20+7)[9] miss 1-20 (1d100)[78] damage (1d8+3)[6]
    includes +1 from point blank shot

Iris of Shelyn
    F NG Human (Varisian) Inquisitor (Urban Infiltrator), Level 2, Init 6, HP 13/13, Speed 30ft
    AC 18, Touch 14, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 1, Ref 4, Will 4, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
    MW Composite Longbow (+2 Str) +6 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 weapon) (1d8+2, x3)
    Morningstar (two-handed) +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Str) (1d8+3, x2)
    Dagger +3 (+1 BAB, +2 Str) or ranged +5 (+1 BAB, +4 Dex) (1d4+2, 19-20/ x2)
    Mithral MW Chain Shirt Armour (+4 Armor, +4 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 18, Con 8, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
    Condition None

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Goblins or not, almost every race uses the same ambush tactics, as a halfling I know a few of them. Adalbert instructs everyone to maximum advantage and moves a bit east.

Spoiler
    Show
    move 2 squares east, start bardic performance:

Naturalist (Ex): An archivist who has identified a creature with a Knowledge check appropriate to its type can use performance to share strategies for defeating it with allies in combat. The archivist and any allies within 30 feet gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities used by creatures of that specific kind of monster (e.g., frost giants, not all giants or all humanoids).

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Lizuga crashes through the bushes, shouting at the goblins. "Get over here you little ****s, I'm just getting started!". Another goblin falls to her powerful hammer.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move action to G20. Attach H18: Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[19], (1d12+4)[14]+(1d6)[6]. Free action recover maneuvers with Victorious Recovery.

Spoiler: Defense, AoO etc.
    Show
    Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity #1 (reach)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[27], (1d12+4)[7]+(1d6)[5] - or shield bash (1d20+6)[26], (1d4+4)[5]+(1d6)[2].
    Spoiler: AoO #2 (Combat Reflexes)
    Show
    Lucerne Hammer (1d20+7)[19], (1d12+4)[11]+(1d6)[6] - or or shield bash (1d20+6)[26], (1d4+4)[7]+(1d6)[1]
    Spoiler: AC and other defenses
    Show
    AC 20 (+1 Dex, +2 Shield, +6 armor +1 insight). Counter: Oaken Shield (+4 AC)
    Spoiler: Fort save
    Show
    (1d20+4)[24]
    Spoiler: Ref save
    Show
    (1d20+1)[6]
    Spoiler: Will save
    Show
    (1d20+6)[12]
    Spoiler: Resource tracking
    Show
    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Staunching Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 3/3
    Hit Points: 17/17
    Sheet link
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2019-06-01 at 12:19 PM.
    Semper ludens.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

Iris shoots an arrow in general direction of the goblins. Adalbert gives some useful instructions while otherwise staying out of it. Lizuga moves in and crushes another goblin. Shalelu hurries back and shoots the one goblin farthest from Lizuga for 5 damage. The wounded goblin withdraws from the combat, hiding behind some bush further west. Other three goblins draw their dogslicers and stab at Lizuga. Lizuga blocks one of attacks with her shield, but at the same time gets stabbed in the leg by another goblin for 2 damage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Shalelu longbow: (1d20+13)[31] for (1d8+3)[5]
    Goblin stealth: (1d20+5)[20] plus the distance +7 - beat this or you don't see him
    Goblin dogslicer: (1d20+1)[20] for (1d4)[3] - Oaken Shield
    Goblin dogslicer: (1d20+1)[20] for (1d4)[2]
    Goblin configm: (1d20+1)[15] for (1d4)[3]
    Goblin dogslicer: (1d20+1)[11] for (1d4)[1]

=> Party (everyone, any order)
    Last edited by u-b; 2019-06-02 at 12:41 AM.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Justin

Recovering from his surprise Justin looks around as Lizuga engages the goblins in a clatter of steel and green blood. With Lizuga's encouraging shout and Adalbert's advice he darts forward flowing from his fast moving hunting stance to one more suited for battle as he draws blade and axe. Skidding to a halt he crashes through the bushes with a call of "For Sandpoint..." the blade driving from left to right seeking to skewer both of them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Current stance: Running Hunter [Scent, +10ft speed]

Move Action: Move to G21 drawing sword and axe
    Swift: change to Reaching Blade stance
    Standard: Piercing strike F21c--> F20
    (1d20+8)[17] dam (2d6+4)[11] Apply attack and damage to both goblins