Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1020
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert comes to his senses. He sees in front of him, the woman sobbing that saved his hide several times today. He feels guilt, pain from the opened wounds all over his body, but mostly shame.

    Hey, hey, we are safe now. And Lebwen will be fine too. But not for long. Remember when I said they would need good people to sacrifice to their gods to provide them with Greater Barghests? I assume Lebwen is an interesting pawn. We need to find a plan, and quick. Here, drink this.



    Spoiler
    Show
    Adalbert drinks a potion of CLW and offers one to Lizuga.

    (1d8+1)[8]

    Unsure if I took 20 on a knowledge roll the second day already, but I'd try to realize who this evil cleric was.
    Result should be Know (Local) 27 (or 17 if I can only take 10).

  2. - Top - End - #992
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justen

    Justen slows in the fresh air, the sun light, Shalelu's familiar face and the blue sky all helping to bring him out his panicked. Skidding to halt he drops to a knee, one hand resting on Lizuga's shoulder. "Thank you. Thank you so much for opening that gate you saved my life from that horrible woman and her demon dog." He breathes a sigh of relief, a hand rubbing the dirt and dust of the courtyard ni one hand to reassure him he is safe above ground.

    Looking at the others he breathes a heavy sigh. "Do we have to go back down again?" he asks hestitantly. Then sighs, "I guess we do. But I hope we can find an alternative route down. Or can we take something down there to help wedge those gates open. We can't have us getting separated again."
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga waves away the healing potion. She gets up and dries her eyes on her sleeve. Deep breath. "Look for something to hold the gates up. Yes."
    Semper ludens.

  4. - Top - End - #994
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    With sunlight above her and confronted by Shalelu managing the gaggle of goblin wives Iris feels a weight lift from her. It's okay. Breathe. Feelings of guilt and disappointment start to build, only marginally aided when the others come dashing from below also. At least most of them come back. "Lebwen?"

    "You're right. We need to act fast if we're going to save him. Here, I can heal that wound," she pulls a scroll from her scroll case as she talks to Justen.

    With that done she hefts her morning star. Not her first choice, but when things got up close and messy it did the trick just fine.

    Spoiler: Healings
    Show
    Scroll CLW on Justen if you want it. Plenty more CLW for others if needed.

  5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    As you catch your breath and contemplate getting back into the very unfriendly darkness below, you hear footsteps of someone armored sneaking ineptly up the steps from whence you came.

    Spoiler: Adalbert
    Show
    Having a little time to think now, Adalbert suddenly realizes that the cleric is most likely Nualia Tobyn. The overall description matches and Tsuto was writing in his journal about her new arm he did not quite like.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Justin gets to choose whether he had that scroll cast on him or not.
    Last edited by u-b; 2020-01-19 at 09:19 AM.

  6. - Top - End - #996
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "Yeah. Find some timbers or something. Maybe this one.....or this one....". Lizuga gestures with her head towards the stairwell, as she slips her shield back on and draws her short-hafted halberd.
    Semper ludens.

  7. - Top - End - #997
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Guys, guys. Stop planning for a second, and level with me here. the halfling says after being silent for a good while. I think that woman is Father Tobyn's daughter Nualia. If I realised that sooner, I could have maybe talked her out of this. But she seems like an insane witch to be perfectly honest. I am unsure if reason reaches her in that state. If she is a devout of the demon lords working around here, we have to be wary in her presence. But she does not have the standing power that Lizuga has.

    Adalbert said the last few words in honest admiration. The woman had saved them many times today. It is left unsaid that our part is significant as well, but we need to unite our efforts if we are to defeat her. Best suited not in the cramped hallway at all. Maybe she has retreated with Lebwen's body. Maybe she even left him there. We have to go now! Adalbert sounded urgent.

  8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga turns towards the tunnel and tenses up, bracing her self to spring into action at the first sight of their foe.
    Semper ludens.

  9. - Top - End - #999
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justen

    Justen gives his thanks as the scroll from Iris turns into motes of dust that heal his battered arms and chest then nods at the others and grips his swords tightly. "Right, when we go back down there shall I lead the way and Lizuga here can fight over my shoulder if someone else can get the doors for us?" He spins both blades around, bouyed up and eager to go. "I don't care that she may be the Father's daughter, she has Lebwen and she doesn't men him anything good. We have to get back down there and rescue him."
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  10. - Top - End - #1000
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Iris

    "Someone's coming!" whispers Iris urgently. Hefting her weapon she readies herself for whomever emerges, a brief prayer on her lips.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Cast Guidance

  11. - Top - End - #1001
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Nualia comes from around a corner, sword in hand, only to discover that people are ready for her.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Justin heals: (1d8+1)[8] => to full

    Initiative
    Nualia: (1d20+1)[6]
    Goblins: (1d20+6)[18]
    Adalbert: (1d20+4)[16]
    Iris: (1d20+6)[23]
    Justin: (1d20+4)[18]
    Lizuga: (1d20+1)[8]
    Shalelu: (1d20+3)[19]


    => Iris

  12. - Top - End - #1002
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Iris

    "Nualia - wait! It doesn't have to be like this!" Iris holds her hand out, weapon in the other, beckoning Nualia to reconsider.

    Spoiler: actions
    Show
    Move: Move to AV43
    Standard: Readied attack if she attacks or starts to cast; morningstar (1d20+4)[10] damage (1d8+3)[7]

    Immediate: Adoration sanctuary (Will DC13) if attacked
    Immediate: Agent of Chance (adjacent ally to reroll a skill check)

  13. - Top - End - #1003
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Iris tries to parley with Nualia. Shalelu readies a shot. The goblins make their best effort to run somewhere.

    Spoiler
    Show

    => Adalbert, Justin and Lizuga (any order)

  14. - Top - End - #1004
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga Manescu
    AC 13 (+4 counter), Touch 11, FF 12, CMD 17|Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +6|HP: 21/24

    "Be strong", Lizuga whispers as she brushes against Justen. She darts in behind Iris, brushing against her, before darting back out again. "Be strong, Iris. Be strong, Adalbert. Be strong, Shalelu". She darts back and forth, almost playfully, no longer encumbered by armor or a long polearm, and blesses her comrades in arms.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Full round action and two uses of Triage to grant everyone else Fast Healing 3 for one minute.

    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Curate's Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 1/3
    Semper ludens.

  15. - Top - End - #1005
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Nualia Tobyn, daughter of Sandpoint. Why do you seek both its and our destruction? Your father would be disappointed, young lady.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Standard to start some of my last performance rounds, move to AV 47, mayhaps a Diplomacy check? (1d20+8)[24]
    I assume a hostile demonic worshipper has a very good reason to go AWOL, still Adalbert tries to reason with her.

  16. - Top - End - #1006
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justen

    Justen nods a thanks to Lizuga as the tough healer rushes past blessing him with a warm glow on the way. Seeing the horrible malformed Nuala he waits, ready to strike at the entrance to the narrow apssage. "Come out to the light Nuala, speak to us where we can all see each other.". he pauses, whispering a little, "Iris, get back here, we can't fight her in such cramped spaces."

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Whew, the forums appear to working again after a few days of total failure.

    Justin tries to get people to retreat to the Courtyard rather than jamming in a cramped corridor.

    Readies a blow if she comes out being aggressive

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  17. - Top - End - #1007
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    "You want to parley? After all that was done?! No chance!" Nualia steps further back into the corridor and swings her big sword. It gets a sizable chunk of wood off the corner.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    mayhaps a Diplomacy check? (1d20+8)[24]
    A rushed one, at -20, so a fail.

    Iris' sanctuary and readied action kick in. The attack is a miss.
    Nualia will: (1d20+8)[28] - sanctuary overcome
    Nualia sword: (1d20+12)[18] for (1d10+9)[11] - a miss because of cover


    => Party (everyone, any order)

  18. - Top - End - #1008
    Titan in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justen

    Justen back pedals then cursed inwardly as Iris remains locked in combat with the woman. Treading lightly he darts forward bouncing around the corner using the corners to shield his arrival. Reaching her he lashes out with both weapons readying to counter if she directs her rage at him.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show


    Advance to AV42 (hoping the corner gives cover to prevent the AoO)

    Swift claws
    (1d20+8)[20] dam (2d6+6)[13]
    (1d20+8)[23] dam (2d6+4)[10]

    If attached bloody riposte counter
    (1d20+8)[11] dam (4d6+6)[23]
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  19. - Top - End - #1009
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    If nothing else I can provide this. The halfling draws his crossbow, and enchants a bolt with a light spell. Iris, on the defense. You have seen what she did with Lebwen.

  20. - Top - End - #1010
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga Manescu
    AC 13 (+4 counter), Touch 11, FF 12, CMD 17|Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +6|HP: 21/24

    "This is a terrible idea, Lizuga. Just because Iris and Justen are bumbling in here, doesn't mean you have to do it too. What would your mother have said? The greatest fool is the fool's follower". Nevertheless, Lizuga finds herself piling into the corridor to get a piece of Nuala with her halberd.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Swift action Triage on self for Fast Healing 3 for one minute. Move action to AV 44. Standard action: Piercing Strike (1d20+6)[24] (cover not accounted for), damage (1d10+6)[11] (cold iron)

    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Curate's Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 0/3
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-02-24 at 10:40 AM.
    Semper ludens.

  21. - Top - End - #1011
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Iris

    Iris ducks in frustration as Nualia swings her massive sword. With the fighting folk dashing past her she considers the wisdom of their words. She takes one final swing with her weapon and ducks back to the outside area.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move: Move to ? back down the corridor and around the corner (out of town right now and the internet service provider has blocked access to the map website). Presume no AoO incurred due to cover from corner.
    Standard: morningstar (1d20+4)[9] (excl cover) damage (1d8+3)[7]

    Immediate: Adoration sanctuary (Will DC13) if attacked
    Immediate: Agent of Chance (adjacent ally to reroll a skill check)

  22. - Top - End - #1012
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Justin moves in and hits Nualia hard with both a handaxe and a shortsword a split-second before she could move off the way. The axe attack cuts deep to the bone of her demonic arm for 13 damage and the sword leaves an even deeper, but thin, wound in her right side for 10 damage. Adalbert readies an illuminating bolt. The place where the fight is going right now seems adequately illuminated, but maybe he is mindful of places further down. Lizuga moves into the corridor and lunges far around the corner, taking a chop of Nualia's foot for 11 damage. Iris makes a parting swing with the morningstar at the corner between her and Nualia, then gets out of the fray. Shalelu moves closer, but sees too little of Nualia to reliably shoot.

    Nualia swings her large sword at Justin and makes him really feel the ribs on his left side. The blow does not cut through the armor, but more than one rib is likely broken for 11 damage. Nualia makes a step further back into the corridor. The goblins seem to exfiltrate towards the bridge, mostly not getting any real attention.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe Justin lost one of his weapons down below when he panicked (just one because I believe he used the other hand for something else). This means one of the attack is masterwork and one is not. Let's say masterwork is attack (1d2)[1], which means they both hit. Lucky there.

    Nualia sword: (1d20+12)[18] for (1d10+9)[11]


    => Party

  23. - Top - End - #1013
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga Manescu
    AC 13 (+4 counter), Touch 11, FF 12, CMD 17|Fort +4 Ref +2+1 Will +6+1|HP: 24/24

    Lizuga steps up besides Justen. "THIS ENDS NOW!!!", she bellows at the twisted madwoman. "SURRENDER NOW OR DIE!" . She blasts her enemy with a ray of hard sunlight; the backsplash washes over Justen with a pleasant, warming sensation.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    5' step to AV 43. Swift action: Encouraging Roar. Standard action: Curate's Strike using Sun's Gleam (1d20+8)[25] touch AC (cover not accounted for - there shouldn't be any AFAICT), damage (1d6+5)[9] (force). If it hits, Justen heals 10 points.

    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Curate's Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 0/3
    Last edited by CasualViking; 2020-02-25 at 11:06 AM.
    Semper ludens.

  24. - Top - End - #1014
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    The woman drops her sword and lets her hands down. She is visibly staggered.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yep, Justin is healed. Combat is over unless someone intends to finish her off.

  25. - Top - End - #1015
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    You deal with her. Adalbert drops his crossbow, rushes down the tunnel, his glowing cross bolt in his left and rummaging for their last healing potion with his right. When he sees Lebwen, he drops the bolt, and tries to pour the potion down his throat.

    Live, you damn fool. LIVE! he shouts at the unmoving body.

    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d8+1)[8]

    If she tries to hit Adalbert, he ignores the pain and still goes for Lebwen.

  26. - Top - End - #1016
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Adalbert rushes past Nualia and turns the corner towards the stairs leading down when he sees a yeth houng hovering above the steps. It attacks. Adalbert is able to stop soon enough to evade the bite.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeth hound bite: (1d20+7)[16] for (2d6+4)[14] trip (1d20+7)[25] and will DC 14 or shaken for 1 round

    Consider Nualia non-hostile at the moment, so you can move past her. Adalbert is in AX40. Yeth hound is in AW40.

    => Party

  27. - Top - End - #1017
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    CasualViking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Denmark
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Lizuga Manescu
    AC 13 (+4 counter), Touch 11, FF 12, CMD 17|Fort +4 Ref +2 Will +6|HP: 24/24

    Lizuga puts down her halberd. She grabs Nualia firmly, but not ungently, and guides her out into the courtyard to sit her down against the wall at AU 45. "I'm sorry, but I think your monster dog is going to have to die", she tells her prisoner.

    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    AFAICT Lizuga dropped Nualia to 0 HP, so she uses Victorious Recovery as a free action to recover maneuvers.

    Maneuvers readied: Oaken Shield, Encouraging Roar, Curate's Strike, Piercing Strike.
    Triage: 0/3
    Semper ludens.

  28. - Top - End - #1018
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Nualia does not resist being led outside. "It will be loyal to the death. Might eat some of you in the process, I don't wish you luck." She sits near the wall clutching her wounds, her head turned towards the corridor, watching and listening.

    Spoiler
    Show

    => Adalbert, Iris and Justin

  29. - Top - End - #1019
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    Spore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    You shall not keep me from saving my friend. Adalbert says while running down the stairs.

  30. - Top - End - #1020
    Troll in the Playground
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    NZ

    Default Re: Rise of the Runelords IC

    Iris

    "Watch her" Iris says to Shalelu, indicating her to stand guard over Nualia, "If she acts up don't take a risk, just end it".

    Looking around she curses as she spies Adalbert's crossbow lying on the ground but no bolts. And the goblins with their bows have beaten a wise retreat. Frustrated, but desperate to get to Lebwen, she hefts her morningstar again and dashes back.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move action to AW41. Not in melee but ready to dash past if someone drops it.

    Immediate: Adoration sanctuary (Will DC13) if attacked
    Immediate: Agent of Chance (adjacent ally to reroll a skill check)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •